• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Noema

Noema

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 21 November 2010 - 10:07 PM

Sort of a ways away from warlock still, but curious what skills are good/bad, what I should avoid, ect. I had a good idea what to do going into battlemage, but looking at the warlock skills, I'm not sure what to take. I primarily pve and thanks ahead of time for any responses.

#2 Rimmy

Rimmy

Too Legit To Quit

• Dragon Saga Moderator
  • 2354 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania
  • Playing:Dragon Saga

Posted 22 November 2010 - 10:18 AM

Disease, Snow Blues and Backdraft are really the only ones you need to worry too much about. The rest are mostly take-'em-or-leave-'em skills, aside from Resource Converter, which can be helpful in PvP.

#3 Noema

Noema

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 04:01 PM

Thanks Rimmy,
Are all the staff abilities that add +Matack bad, I see most end game builds don't include them, but they seem to add alot of damage to my attacks. Do higher end skill allocations just need the points for other things?

#4 Rimmy

Rimmy

Too Legit To Quit

• Dragon Saga Moderator
  • 2354 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 22 November 2010 - 05:53 PM

Thanks Rimmy,
Are all the staff abilities that add +Matack bad, I see most end game builds don't include them, but they seem to add alot of damage to my attacks. Do higher end skill allocations just need the points for other things?

No problem!

The problem w/ the buff passives like Spear Mastery is that they either add a very small amount of solid MATK (+25 to +100 or so) or they use your base MATK (without weapon/equip bonuses included) to determine how much power they add (which ends up being a very small amount, too). Furthermore, these skills are usually pretty costly (10-15 skill points per level for a relatively tiny increase) and usually require that you put points into other, even less useful skills in order to unlock them.

When you've capped and hit the end-game, you're going to be looking for SP wherever you can find them in most builds -- although warlocks/sorcerers don't have it nearly as bad as some other classes do, IMO. Honestly, you might end up having enough SP left over that you'll want to toss some into one of these MATK-boosting skills, but if you choose to do so, I'd recommend doing the calculations to figure out where you'll get the most bang for your buck, so-to-speak.

For pretty much every class, the majority of their attack power will always come from enchanting their weapons. There's really no better way to boost your ATK/MATK in the long run, so if you want to do serious damage (meaning, damage that will make you competitive in PvP or let you tear through Lust's/Bone Dragon's defenses), you'll want to invest considerable time and gold into enchantment. It's costly, to be sure, but totally worth it in the end. Even in PvE, a higher MATK will help you farm/grind faster.

#5 Noema

Noema

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 23 November 2010 - 07:55 PM

Thanks again, Rimmy,
I didn't know that. I mostly a PvE junkie, I heard the pvp in this game leaves much to be desired, from the fragments of info I can gleam from various posts. I'm recently returning from when this game was still on thq ice, but even then I only had a vague idea of what to do. Thanks for all of your help. Are there any definitive posts I should look at? I haven't been able to find any like, general and or in depth FAQ posts or anything like that, I feel kind of bad asking all these questions which are probably common knowledge ones.

#6 Rimmy

Rimmy

Too Legit To Quit

• Dragon Saga Moderator
  • 2354 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 24 November 2010 - 07:50 PM

Don't worry about it, that's what these forums are for.

As for "definitive posts," we used to have an excellent warlock guide back on the THQ*ICE forums, but I think it was lost in the transition and likely won't return. As far as I know, no one has created a new comprehensive guide for the class -- I'd try if I wasn't already falling behind on updating my own guide. If you have any specific questions that come up, though, feel free to post them here or PM me and I'll do my best to offer good advice.

#7 Noema

Noema

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 25 November 2010 - 12:36 AM

That's really unfortunate. Maybe in the future there can be one here too. It's too bad during the transfer all the old forums got axed. I noticed that enemies don't seem to drop mana and hp food as much anymore, which used to be my staple for keeping my mana up. I tend to run out of mana pretty quickly from blizzard spam and the base mana regen rate is pretty abysmal. Any tips in the in the mana department? Also, where do you get elf ears, those look really sweet!

#8 invazn

invazn

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 368 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 25 November 2010 - 02:08 AM

The Mana Convert skill might help, though it'll take a while to replenish a noticeable amount (and that is if you do not continue to consume more mana in the process). But really, mana pots are quite cheap. If you feel like you really need something to fill up that blue bar quickly, then buy some yogurts. They replenish quite a lot of MP and has no CD. Of course, cost of yogurts will be higher than normal pots. As for those elf ears, the only place you can get them is from other players.

Also, just a small tip, in between spells (or when they are in CD), you can squeeze in couple normal attacks. Not only will this save you some mana, you will also kill the monster/opponent faster. You'd be surprised to see how many 5x or 6x Warlock/Sorcerers just standing there losing valuable opportunities to dish out more damage in between spells as they wait for CD ;o

Edited by invazn, 25 November 2010 - 02:09 AM.

#9 Noema

Noema

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 11:29 PM

Thanks again for all your help everyone, I really appreciate it.
Another question if I may. Do medals carry over between characters, or do you have to earn them with each. Some of them appear to be "one-time" deals and didn't seem to be around when the game was still dragonica, around the time I took a break. Are these medals unattainable on my main characters, or can I get them on another account and they will transfer over?

>_< I also just noticed my new priest has a dramatically smaller inventory than my old characters. Does it get bigger later, or do i have to buy cash store items to increase it to the size of my transferred over characters?

Edited by Noema, 29 November 2010 - 11:32 PM.

#10 Albruna

Albruna

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 310 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Wynn Ship

Posted 30 November 2010 - 02:11 AM

Thanks again for all your help everyone, I really appreciate it.
Another question if I may. Do medals carry over between characters, or do you have to earn them with each. Some of them appear to be "one-time" deals and didn't seem to be around when the game was still dragonica, around the time I took a break. Are these medals unattainable on my main characters, or can I get them on another account and they will transfer over?

>_< I also just noticed my new priest has a dramatically smaller inventory than my old characters. Does it get bigger later, or do i have to buy cash store items to increase it to the size of my transferred over characters?

Sadly medals don't carry over between characters, so you'd have to earn them on each of them. Thus you can't transfer them over. S;

They made the inventory for new chars smaller and it won't get bigger, unless you buy a cash extension.

#11 Noema

Noema

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 04 December 2010 - 05:19 PM

Okay, have another question. Is there a list on how to get set items? I'm leveling a monk and I keep getting the child gloves. I was wondering if the mission map determined what piece you get.

#12 Rimmy

Rimmy

Too Legit To Quit

• Dragon Saga Moderator
  • 2354 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 04 December 2010 - 05:52 PM

Okay, have another question. Is there a list on how to get set items? I'm leveling a monk and I keep getting the child gloves. I was wondering if the mission map determined what piece you get.

You can find a set guide here. The names for some of the bosses might be screwy b/c it's a guide borrowed from a different version of the game, but it shouldn't be too hard to figure it out.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users