Improvements to the Classic Server - Classic Foundry - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Improvements to the Classic Server

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
72 replies to this topic

#1 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 05 June 2015 - 02:53 PM

Recently we have a received a request to provide a list of updates / improvements to the classic server back end/client systems we would like to see and to discuss them directly with the studio director. I believe we should dream big so that we can plan for a long time in the future.

If there are any proposal threads you think we should include please link them to this thread.

Some topics we have already included in our list.

Costume System

Enchants

Multiple Storage

Adding Monsters

Adding More Hats

Creation of a Item Use per second system

Bug Fixes

Is there any thing else that you as the players would like to see?

#2 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 05 June 2015 - 02:58 PM

Recently we have a received a request to provide a list of updates / improvements to the classic server back end/client systems we would like to see and to discuss them directly with the studio director. I believe we should dream big so that we can plan for a long time in the future.

If there are any proposal threads you think we should include please link them to this thread.

Costume System

Enchants

Multiple Storage

Adding Monsters

Adding More Hats

Creation of a Item Use per second system

Bug Fixes

renewal GUI (minus the stupid window restrictions of alt+A and alt+Q ughhhh)

key remapping

4 hotbars

Kafra search/organize

skill timers

disable 1:1 chat pop up in party window

mini-mini-effect (inubashiri is working on this in kaleidoscope? will we get that?)

clientside customization - cursor colour customization for example

More woe systems/battleground systems

Alliance chat

Remote battlegrounds queuing

Edited by Xellie, 05 June 2015 - 03:18 PM.

#3 Gn1ydnu

Gn1ydnu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2077 posts
  • LocationBoston
  • Server:Classic

Posted 05 June 2015 - 02:58 PM

Costume System  NO STATS and that would be acceptable. NO STATS EVER ONLY FOR LOOKS. Stat points here are WAY more valuable then the Renewal server and can royally screw everything up. No +ATK no +matk no +stats. Nothing but looks only. 

Enchants Would need more details on what you define as "enchants"

Multiple Storage Yes. Maybe make a second one only accessible if you currently have VIP running to earn you guys some extra money. 

Adding Monsters Yes

Adding More Hats Yes

Creation of a Item Use per second system Need more info. Are you talking about limiting potions or what do you mean?

Bug Fixes Yes. Prevention work would also be good. Example is don't put in KVM as it originally came but put it in modified so I can't get 30k KVM badges per day. 

I would like to see or help create new "updates". Similar to what we had in the past, but unique to classic once we run out of current content. That would be some really cool stuff!!!

Edited by Gn1ydnu, 05 June 2015 - 02:59 PM.

#4 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 05 June 2015 - 02:59 PM

I would like to see or help create new "updates". Similar to what we had in the past, but unique to classic once we run out of current content. That would be some really cool stuff!!!

Whats preventing us from adding new content is the monster limitations if we can get them to resolve that we can implement nearly everything renewal gets onto classic.

As for enchants.. I was thinking they need to be visible as opposed to hidden until the item is carded.

#5 Gn1ydnu

Gn1ydnu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2077 posts
  • LocationBoston

Posted 05 June 2015 - 03:01 PM

Whats preventing us from adding new content is the monster limitations if we can get them to resolve that we can implement nearly everything renewal gets onto classic.

As for enchants.. I was thinking they need to be visible as opposed to hidden until the item is carded.

Ah ok. I wasn't sure if you meant like Mora Enchants from Renewal or something :P. Just wanted to clarify. Then yes, fixing enchants would be great. There are other things that I would put before this as well (mostly stuff in Xellie's list, added on no shake screen for health reasons). 

#6 Rang

Rang

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 218 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 05 June 2015 - 03:04 PM

renewal GUI

4 hotbars

This. Sooo this.

Everything else is icing.

#7 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 05 June 2015 - 03:11 PM

Shoop da whoop.

#8 Shomaye

Shomaye

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 321 posts
  • Server:Gorilla Poker

Posted 05 June 2015 - 03:18 PM

... dream big ...

Everything Camp and Xellie posted, as long as there are never stats on costumes.

Transparency/Alpha slider for skill effects

Spiritual Potion Creation for Blue Herbs

Edited by Shomaye, 05 June 2015 - 03:23 PM.

#9 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 05 June 2015 - 03:22 PM

Costumes should be disabled in WoE. Judgement of oppositions headgear is a tactical move.

#10 isamu999

isamu999

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 238 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 05 June 2015 - 03:24 PM

Please remove gutter lines. This is the most restrictive skill in the entire game and for what reason?

#11 OccultPriest

OccultPriest

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 361 posts
  • Server:Classic Loki

Posted 05 June 2015 - 03:26 PM

heroic backpack no stats just greed

Centipede Larva/new world monsters maps only

#12 dzmL

dzmL

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 136 posts

Posted 05 June 2015 - 03:27 PM

I like Campitors, Xellies and Shomayes posts, good stuff for sure.

#13 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 05 June 2015 - 04:24 PM

Ability to set exp/drops bonuses without taking down the servers would be nice.

#14 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 05 June 2015 - 04:42 PM

yes! then we could have 2x exp weekends or such!

How about the ability to have exp events for homuns

#15 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 05 June 2015 - 04:48 PM

How about the ability to have exp events for homuns

Or improve the system so they leech exp from any player kill rather than the damage they do.

#16 CaptainJim

CaptainJim

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 180 posts
  • Server:RE:START

Posted 05 June 2015 - 04:52 PM

Serious suggestion: Buff Novice / Supernovice innate attack speed.

A Supernovice with stats of 130 total agi and 50 total dex, and an awakening potion on and using a dagger it leaves him with a mere 175 aspd.  Most other classes using daggers with that same setup would easily be 180 or higher.  This as you probably know is due to the attack speed limitations set upon each class innately for the weapons they can equip (illustrated here: http://irowiki.org/classic/ASPD )

That said, I'd like to propose boosting Supernovice's innate attack speed to be on par with a Swordsman or Thief, or perhaps at the very least the Soul Linker's attack speed index.  This idea is based on the grounds that caster Supernovices are still able to attain instant cast upon reaching 150 dex, the same as other caster classes; however their melee counterparts are met with more adversity with trying to reach higher attack speed totals.

#17 Gn1ydnu

Gn1ydnu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2077 posts
  • LocationBoston

Posted 05 June 2015 - 04:54 PM

Super novice BG equips. All extended classes have them to some degree (SL is also lacking a bit, but can benifit off of some current ones). Ninja's/Gunglingers have all of their own specialty gears. 

@person above. I haven't calc'd a melee SN in a while but I can't get higher then 186 (if I remember correctly) ASPD on a novice solo. I can get 190 aspd on any other character but the extended (solo). 

Edited by Gn1ydnu, 05 June 2015 - 04:55 PM.

#18 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 05 June 2015 - 04:56 PM

Oooh give us homun S~ (Clarification : COSMETIC ONLY)

It'd be nice to be able to skin our chars with renewal sprites, like arch bishop for High priest.

Edited by Xellie, 05 June 2015 - 05:05 PM.

#19 Ambur

Ambur

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3403 posts
  • LocationNevada
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 05 June 2015 - 05:09 PM

Costumes should be disabled in WoE. Judgement of oppositions headgear is a tactical move.

Agree - it's disabled on Renewal for lag prevention (tho I dunno how much it helps on that side) but it's kinda nice having them disabled regardless considering. I used to want costumes back but different view for Classic WoE.

This is really great! :D Glad to see major things being (possibly) worked on.

#20 Themes

Themes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1412 posts

Posted 05 June 2015 - 08:39 PM

I'll echo most of the comments so far. Renewal UI and a bunch of those seem neat and useful.

My ideas are a little different:

• Additional instance slots (if we cant add new ones on the fly, give us 4-5 or more we can use to swap things in and out like you proposed with Orc Memorial Dungeon)
  • Additional map types (I recall someone mentioning that we're limited by the number of map types we have, meaning for some skill disables maps get turned into pseudo PVP maps and such)
  • Changes to the potting system (not really sure what I'd like to see, but I'm sure people can come up with good ways to make it better/easier/faster)
  • Fix Green Potions so they remove Chaos
  • Find a way for skills to use alternative consumables, if we had short term disposable materials for PvP/BGs I feel we could really get more people active there. If we cant do that, maybe we could have some BG gear grant BG specific versions of the skills that only work in PVP/BG and use those consumables.
  • Open Sakray to the public, it'd be cool to be able to test upcoming quests/dungeons/whatever preventing the fairly common release of buggy/unfinished content. This seems like a fairly good idea to me, I've been thinking about interesting combos/ideas for the current Challenge Dungeon but I have no idea how good or bad they are and there's no way to know without actually implementing them right now. It'd be nice to talk to get any events or quests up a few days before maintenance and then it can be tested by people and ready for implementation. Could also leave the USRC content on there if people wanted to play under that ruleset for fun.
  • Find a way to force the client to use a specific separate unmodifiable GRF that contains only character animations and can be checked for any edits. I recall someone mentioning that some cheats were doing weird things in memory or with packets, but this seems like it could stop the more simple ones if it was possible.
  • Some kind of investigation tool for the GMs to look into duping/upgrading. Either some more ways for the GMs to track these items or just something to give them an easy way to report on total MVPs/new MVPs/new overupgraded items. Something they could run that reported to them: How many current MVP cards there are, how many items carded with MVP cards there are, rare items upgraded to +9 this week (if someone's -_-ting out +9 Nid Garbs and breaking none then there's obviously something going on). It would give them a weekly/monthly total and they could look at growth over time and figure out if something fishy was going on with spikes in new items.

Trying to think of any other fairly big deal bugs we've got that need to be squashed instead of a general "fix bugs" statement. I'll edit more stuff in as I think of it.

Edited by Themes, 05 June 2015 - 10:50 PM.

#21 maelstorm123

maelstorm123

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 142 posts

Posted 05 June 2015 - 09:08 PM

Ability to set exp/drops bonuses without taking down the servers would be nice.

This would be awesome.

#22 Misos

Misos

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 158 posts
  • LocationUnder your bed.

Posted 06 June 2015 - 02:31 AM

I don't like renewal UI, just give us functionality of it and 4th hotkey bar but don't change UI please.

#23 needmorezleep

needmorezleep

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1013 posts

Posted 06 June 2015 - 03:12 AM

I don't like renewal UI, just give us functionality of it and 4th hotkey bar but don't change UI please.

this x 1000 having to downgrade the ui to prenewal on pservers is super annoying ;_;

also add more mini games for the people that dont really like woe take a look at the pserver scene for some easy things you can do like devil's square ( pretty much a wave dungeon ) , emperium defence, king of the hill and as for prizes you could make a box with some low rate drop cosmetic headgears, consumables, kafra passes, enriched elu, possibly some headgears that are made for pvm reduction ( we really only have pvp reduction hats like beret, poopoo, feather ) as im sure many people that play tanks would like that and depending on how easy/hard the event is newer players might be able to grab these reductions for cheap which will help them a lot overtime as well as save them potion money, can also throw in res tokens but be sure to have some -_- items in that box otherwise those mini games will be short lived if people get everything 2 quickly

#24 Xaurym

Xaurym

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 44 posts
  • LocationRune-Midgarts Kingdom
  • Server:Loki

Posted 06 June 2015 - 04:43 AM

Slingers and Super Novices need an increased level cap or any other concievable idea that could put them on-par with 2-2 classes. If the class is never getting an Extension we need something, anything.

Maybe Via a quest or something?

Or allow them to do the Rebirth Quest, without actually being re-birthed, and just getting the extra stat points.

I could name a dozen better alternatives than just giving up on an entire class.

Edited by Xaurym, 06 June 2015 - 08:50 AM.

#25 Gn1ydnu

Gn1ydnu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2077 posts
  • LocationBoston

Posted 06 June 2015 - 06:16 AM

Since this is a wish list.upgrade hardware or connections so that the lag is less. For example, I hate paying a 3rd party money just to reduce the lag enough just to be able to play iro.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users