Basically botting WoE. If this is not illegal, it should be. - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Basically botting WoE. If this is not illegal, it should be.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
273 replies to this topic

#1 hoikarnage

hoikarnage

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1876 posts

Posted 07 June 2015 - 08:15 AM

One or two people running a bunch of afkemists. I don't see how this is any different then having a bunch of bots woe for you or macroing a precast.

eWXihpb.jpg

9MSYT52.jpg

#2 4782131221082418730

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2370 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 07 June 2015 - 08:27 AM

Just checked first page of Ragnarok 1 Community Chat .15/22 Threads About Bot/ Duped Item/Ticket. :surrender: .

#3 tigriss216

tigriss216

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 833 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:both

Posted 07 June 2015 - 09:27 AM

i see nothing showing they are the same 1 or 2 people. Also nothing shows they are afk. There are alot of people that main Chemist.

#4 1392140604170018137

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 839 posts

Posted 07 June 2015 - 09:31 AM

Since when are parasites hard to get by? Also this is Sinergia we're talking about here

#5 Alaska

Alaska

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 4817 posts
  • LocationMontreal, Canada
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 07 June 2015 - 09:31 AM

There's bombs down so some (or none are) of them aren't AFK. :v

Edited by Alaska, 07 June 2015 - 09:33 AM.

#6 GinaKay

GinaKay

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 790 posts

Posted 07 June 2015 - 09:35 AM

Or you know...they could be alting and playing a different character at the same time

#7 hoikarnage

hoikarnage

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1876 posts

Posted 07 June 2015 - 09:37 AM

None of them reacted when I came in except a sinx and a champ tho. This seems like a clear ploy to afk defend castles.

#8 Alaska

Alaska

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 4817 posts

Posted 07 June 2015 - 09:40 AM

Still... I play a biochemist for woe and sometimes I'll alt tab and not notice anything going on. Doesn't mean they're botting.

#9 ShinobiEX3

ShinobiEX3

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6862 posts
  • LocationForest

Posted 07 June 2015 - 09:40 AM

so if they are afk defending did u get the castle or did the afk defense was too OP for u >.<

#10 schia

schia

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1356 posts

Posted 07 June 2015 - 09:41 AM

do the plants actually deal enough damage to be a threat though?

#11 Alaska

Alaska

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 4817 posts

Posted 07 June 2015 - 09:43 AM

And tbh, if it's just the plants you're upset about they're not doing anything wrong. If it were to be illegal what use would the plants be?

#12 Xaurym

Xaurym

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 44 posts
  • LocationRune-Midgarts Kingdom
  • Server:Loki

Posted 07 June 2015 - 09:54 AM

"Shhhhh, Alchemists are never botting or AFK. Everything they do is perfectly fine and we're blessed to have them. Never question them or their motives. They aren't doing anything in the game that could possibly effect other players in a positive or negative way."

-Staff

#13 hoikarnage

hoikarnage

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1876 posts

Posted 07 June 2015 - 10:01 AM

On their own, the plants are mostly harmless (although this is woe TE, with lots of newb chars don't forget), but that many plants, + the homunculus is enough to slow you down and prevent you from hiding from the champ even if you have the best gears and are max level.

I mean just one single wiz casting SG is not much of a threat either, but if it were afk casting SG via macro, that would be illegal.

So basically I'm saying, many homuncs + plants all casting skills while the user is afk or alt tabbed in another castle, should be just as illegal as macroing a wiz.

#14 MeisterKirisaki

MeisterKirisaki

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 508 posts
  • LocationiRO Loki

Posted 07 June 2015 - 10:08 AM

So basically I'm saying, many homuncs + plants all casting skills while the user is afk or alt tabbed in another castle, should be just as illegal as macroing a wiz.

With what reason though? It's not illegal to be afk/alt tabbed.

#15 Althes

Althes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1376 posts
  • LocationGermany
  • Server:Both

Posted 07 June 2015 - 10:10 AM

10k hp is kinda low.

Anyway, I do think a record is needed. Coz it is kind of hard to understand via words and pictures.

#16 hoikarnage

hoikarnage

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1876 posts

Posted 07 June 2015 - 10:18 AM

With what reason though? It's not illegal to be afk/alt tabbed.

No it's not illegal to be alt tabbed, but the difference is, when alt tabbed on a wiz, you cant still fight, when alt tabbed on an afkemist, you can.

This is the first woe I have seen this by the way, so let's say it catches on. You guys laugh at me now, but wait until there are 50 afkemists in every castle and people just start farming for god items.

Hell if GMs decide this is acceptable, then maybe I'll do that. One person can easily make a few dozen afkemists and alt tab summoning flora all woe. 

#17 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10855 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 07 June 2015 - 10:19 AM

Who cares? This is iRO and everything is possible. It is about the victory that counts D:<

The plants are not there to deal damages. They are there to give you position lags. The plants in WoE TE are more like full-redu. SCs, they cant kill you directly but kill you indirectly lmao. Anyhow, people need to come up with AutoGrowth and/or AutoAim that work with these plants xD

I dont think this is illegal anyway however. I dont think only Sinergia is doing this trick  :p_devil:  :p_angel:

Edited by ChakriGuard, 07 June 2015 - 10:30 AM.

#18 Alaska

Alaska

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 4817 posts

Posted 07 June 2015 - 10:21 AM

Idk it's kind of silly for hating on a class for using their tools. I mean it sucks, but blame whoever designed them to be like that. They're technically not doing anything wrong.

Edited by Alaska, 07 June 2015 - 10:32 AM.

#19 GinaKay

GinaKay

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 790 posts

Posted 07 June 2015 - 10:31 AM

I don't even see people complaining about Stasis, Suicide or CP alts. Also Woe is a team-based environment. Maybe if you stop trying to play solo so much and have some backup then this wouldn't be so hard for you.

#20 hoikarnage

hoikarnage

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1876 posts

Posted 07 June 2015 - 10:32 AM

I don't even see people complaining about Stasis, Suicide or CP alts. Also Woe is a team-based environment. Maybe if you stop trying to play solo so much and have some backup then this wouldn't be so hard for you.

I had 18 people logged in this woe lol, I wasn't solo. When I took these screenshots my guild was defending while I scouted another castle.

Also if you don't think people complain about CP alts, you've been living under a rock.

#21 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

10,000 posts and not even a Tiki-Shirt.

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 07 June 2015 - 10:34 AM

people bitch about SD all the time

#22 hotel

hotel

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1571 posts
  • Playing:Pogo's Lounge
  • Server:shock town

Posted 07 June 2015 - 10:36 AM

i complain about stasis, sd and cp all the time lmao

that aside, the screenies don't really look like evidence of botting. using skills and then alt tabbing is completely legal and it looks like that might be the case.

Edited by hotel, 07 June 2015 - 10:38 AM.

#23 GinaKay

GinaKay

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 790 posts

Posted 07 June 2015 - 10:40 AM

I had 18 people logged in this woe lol, I wasn't solo. When I took these screenshots my guild was defending while I scouted another castle.

Also if you don't think people complain about CP alts, you've been living under a rock.

Then call for back-up? If anybody's defending a castle seriously then they'd send more than 1 person to defend, otherwise it's pointless trying to defend, which ultimately makes a castle pointless to be attacked by 1 person.

And yea I live under a rock, that's why I don't visit forums often.

And if people bitch about SD, it's not so much that they're alting as much as it is the skill, so like Alaska said, nothing wrong here lol

Edit: So to clarify, I'm talking about alting mechs, stasis and CP. they only need 1 skill to screw a whole guild yet nobody can do anything about it because alting isnt illegal. Certain used to defend with like 10 mech alts you know?

Edited by GinaKay, 07 June 2015 - 10:54 AM.

#24 heinrichxxiii

heinrichxxiii

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 404 posts
  • LocationSinergia Guild
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 07 June 2015 - 11:01 AM

This is my guild you are talking about, and WE ARE NOT USING BOTS. I WILL ISSUE A TICKET TO REPORT YOU FOR MAKING THIS FALSE STATEMENT.

One or two people running a bunch of afkemists. I don't see how this is any different then having a bunch of bots woe for you or macroing a precast.

eWXihpb.jpg

9MSYT52.jpg

#25 hoikarnage

hoikarnage

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1876 posts

Posted 07 June 2015 - 11:13 AM

Cool beans yo, but first of all I said it was "like" botting (afkemists are bots, legal or not), second of all, it's not like CMs wont see this and judge for themselves, and third of all, enjoy your two month wait for a response to your ticket.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users