MOst useless class in whole RO

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#1 780033487

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 08 June 2015 - 01:41 PM

I have played abt 50 dif mmorpgs.. and among those tibia and linage1 is one of the hardest (back in the old school days) to lvl up in and pure farm and ive been pretty high in every mmorpg i played as well..

New to ro.. first the delay on skills is the most hillarious thing i ever came across ina ny mmorpg.. 7sec to cast lvl 10? haha monsters kills you 10times before u do anything.

Then they interruot you as well so even with lvl 5 spells a fast mob laught at you..

Then when u manage get lvl 50 and go get wizard.. haha prepare to remake and rage.

3h with noob gear as new mage i failed 10times.. didnt get any worn out scroll and didnt pass it, during this time 6other mages did same.. all failed many times and 4 remade to other classes.

Seriosuly either GM hates mages or new ppl.. this is just a bloody joke, feeling big dislike after only 4h in game and alrdy wasted VIP..

#2 kasshin

kasshin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3686 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 08 June 2015 - 01:58 PM

This is what % cast reduction gears is for, or DEX / INT.

#3 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 08 June 2015 - 02:00 PM

Sounds like you're doing it wrong! There are plenty of ways to reduce your cast time and/or make it uninterruptable. Plenty of nice ways to boost your damage too. Wizards are imo the strongest PvM class pre-lv120 or so.

Check out the iW pages for Wizard, High Wizard and Warlock if you haven't already.

#4 780033487

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 08 June 2015 - 02:03 PM

Im sure it is, im talking abt new ones.. as a new player to RO mages are rly rly hard bec this delay, and i doubt any new player can afford those items.

Yea i added 50dex to reduce and using aspd potions but not even close to manage the first room, and im not alone.. seen more then 7 mages give up during these 4h in quest.

#5 ka10

ka10

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1810 posts

Posted 08 June 2015 - 02:07 PM

search database/wiki for passive/immobile monsters - safer than having to take damage even before you make your move;

also, vertical firewall (vs mobile) is your best tool in early game (ie. before you get elite cast reduc gears and/or stronger/fast-cast wiz/warlock skills);

vfwall practice

Edited by ka10, 08 June 2015 - 02:11 PM.

#6 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 08 June 2015 - 02:08 PM

There are a lot of stationary monsters you can firebolt at your level. 0% chance of getting hit by the enemy.

example: Flora, Geographer

#7 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts

Posted 08 June 2015 - 02:18 PM

Stationary monsters don't teach you anything. Get to honing your own competency as a Wiz player instead of taking the easy way out, clicking on things that don't fight back. You'll gain levels by doing that sure, but you'll be ill prepared for the late game where things move like lightning and hit like trucks.

Learn how to Firewall and/or Icewall incoming enemies. Learn your elements. Learn how your AoE skills push things around so you can manage your position. Learn your defensive skills like Safety Wall. Learn your disables like Stone Curse and Frost Diver. Learn the quirks of monster AI so you can round them up for mob kills. More than any other class, the performance of a Wizard is tied directly to the skill of its player. Gear helps, but all the gear in the world won't save a bad player.

Edit: Uuuuuugh I feel like firing up Renewal and playing my old TI farmer HW now D:

Edited by AlmrOfAtlas, 08 June 2015 - 02:24 PM.

#8 mikkotinamide

mikkotinamide

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1391 posts

Posted 08 June 2015 - 02:25 PM

There is clearly something wrong with you when you find it hard levelling a mage/wizard. Wait till you try levelling a pure brewer build.

#9 GraydroZ

GraydroZ

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 284 posts
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 08 June 2015 - 02:38 PM

As a VIP player, you can go to Overlook Water Dungeon and get a Phen card that can help you cast without interruption when you finish all quests in this dungeon. At that time your level will be approximately 70-75 if you start it from level 30. You will likely be a wizard long before finish all the quests though.

The easiest way to get an accessory as far as I know (to be carded with Phen card) without buying from the venders may be by doing the Malangdo quest. Then use your E coins from the quest to purchase Cat Hand Glove [1]. Please refer here for the trade npc.

Lastly for the wizard test, you should study monsters before retake it as suggested by many people above. You can pass it even without a Phen accessory.

#10 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 08 June 2015 - 03:00 PM

Stationary monsters don't teach you anything. Get to honing your own competency as a Wiz player instead of taking the easy way out, clicking on things that don't fight back. You'll gain levels by doing that sure, but you'll be ill prepared for the late game where things move like lightning and hit like trucks.

Learn how to Firewall and/or Icewall incoming enemies. Learn your elements. Learn how your AoE skills push things around so you can manage your position. Learn your defensive skills like Safety Wall. Learn your disables like Stone Curse and Frost Diver. Learn the quirks of monster AI so you can round them up for mob kills. More than any other class, the performance of a Wizard is tied directly to the skill of its player. Gear helps, but all the gear in the world won't save a bad player.

Edit: Uuuuuugh I feel like firing up Renewal and playing my old TI farmer HW now D:

It's just... I think vert firewalling and the like is a bit beyond OP's grasp.

#11 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts

Posted 08 June 2015 - 03:06 PM

It's just... I think vert firewalling and the like is a bit beyond OP's grasp.

Everyone has to start somewhere! When I first rolled Wizzy, eons ago, I didn't know what the heck I was doing either. I'm sure he can learn if he just puts his mind to it.

But honestly if he doesn't, good riddance because we don't need any more players like that ;p

#12 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 08 June 2015 - 03:16 PM

There is a certain something said to letting someone get overleveled then training with the vert firewall and other tactics on monsters that are underpowered... so that messing up isn't so fatal.

#13 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

Disney Prince in Disguise

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia
  • Server:Chaos, on hiatus

Posted 08 June 2015 - 03:44 PM

fireball is a blessing. fast cast, decent damage, short delay.

#14 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 08 June 2015 - 04:54 PM

^ that's usually how I level my mages. Fireball vs. Bigfoots, then Orcs

#15 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 08 June 2015 - 06:30 PM

Kill anything with any skill till lvl11>Fireball Poison Spores>Fireball Orcs> Fireball Orc Zombies/Sidewinders(U should be wizz by now)> Get other AoEs and join Gramps TI(Can still use Fireball tho)>Gets 99 and gets happy

#16 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

Disney Prince in Disguise

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia
  • Server:Chaos, on hiatus

Posted 09 June 2015 - 05:07 AM

my mage leveling route:
level 1-12: firebolting mandragora until u got level10 fireball
12-30: fireballing poison spore mobs
30-56: fireballing orcs, dont forget to use bounty board, i got 50 orc ladies for every 150 orc warriors
56-71: turning in maneater blossom
71-85: fireballing punk, rideword and clock on eden 71-85 quest
85-99: low ti using SG/LOV if wizz or heavens drive/thunderstorm if sage
rebirth-repeat process
no, mage class is not weak. i enjoy playing them

Edited by fuyukikun, 09 June 2015 - 05:38 AM.

#17 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

10,000 posts and not even a Tiki-Shirt.

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 09 June 2015 - 05:21 AM

my mage leveling route:

1-99: janeway

but honestly, the wizard test is easy if you know what you're doing. the fire stage is what probably kills everyone b/c they freak out when elder willows pass right thru your firewall.

#18 Akilez

Akilez

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1746 posts
  • LocationGuadalajara, Mexico

Posted 09 June 2015 - 05:22 AM

There are not useless classes, only useless people

#19 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 09 June 2015 - 05:25 AM

I dunno, 125+ supernovice is pretty useless in high TI and bio4

#20 Havenn

Havenn

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6523 posts
  • LocationRagnarok Online

Posted 09 June 2015 - 06:20 AM

50 different MMOs? wow

#21 780033487

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 09 June 2015 - 08:44 AM

Well thanks for all replys, fun part here is all is giving advices on how to lvl mage and make it better for late game, im rly thankful for this BUT this whole thread was abt the

Wizard JOb Quest and how hard it is for lvl 50 job 50 mages to pass without any special gear. 

Sure firewall you say, vs water dung? maybe im the one thats stupid here but i cant see how fire vs water will work.

As for the stone curse yea i tried that to but the mermaid on water dung is the one every mage i spoke to fails at, and make them fail over and over again til they had it and remake a new char.

NO bad class only bad players? Yea im sure thats true but please make a new Mage use only noob items from quest and show me when you do this job quest since im doin it so wrong? Me and 7other mages so far on my first day in RO 

When you do i rest my case and step aside admitting im wrong.

Till then...

#22 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 09 June 2015 - 08:49 AM

Its honestly very easy to do. The trick is to use white potions and fireball (quick to cast, good damage) and like lvl 1 lightning bolt. bring a healthy supply of healing items. Most of the wizard job change mobs are just plain easy (like passive, low hp, low damage, low attack speed), to boot.

Basically your challenge as a new player is how to do this test without a phen card (which makes your spells un-incorruptible). The answer is low or zero cast time spells like I mentioned above.

Edited by Jaye, 09 June 2015 - 09:11 AM.

#23 GraydroZ

GraydroZ

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 284 posts
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 09 June 2015 - 10:05 AM

Sure firewall you say, vs water dung?

Firewall is just for preventing the monsters to reach you and allow you to cast other spells to finish the job. Actually you can see from this Element table that fire element can still attack water monsters even though they are water element level 4.

Stone curse is not so reliable (don't have 100% success rate) and you should avoid to use it.

As for passing the test with only Eden gears you can surely pass it. I don't own a mage class char but my gf does. She managed to pass this test when we were extremely poor (as poor like we don't even want to use that free novice potions lol) although she had to retake the test many times. I understand that this test is hard for new players but you can do it!!

#24 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

10,000 posts and not even a Tiki-Shirt.

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 09 June 2015 - 10:13 AM

^ this. just because they're water doesn't mean you can't use firewall to block them. just cast lightning bolt whilst they stupidly run into fwall.

if wizard quest stumps you, wait till you need to turn into a warlock.

Edited by Necrohealiac, 09 June 2015 - 10:14 AM.

#25 Disenchanter

Disenchanter

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 202 posts

Posted 09 June 2015 - 10:17 AM

During janeway i did wizard job change quest wearing eden basic stuff, isnt that hard the most dangerous monster there is Frilldora, for the rest Firewall, low lv bolts, frost driver, fire ball.

Look that (btw isnt my video) 

Edited by Disenchanter, 09 June 2015 - 10:42 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users