MOst useless class in whole RO - Page 2 - Mage Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

MOst useless class in whole RO

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#26 GraydroZ

GraydroZ

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 284 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 09 June 2015 - 10:30 AM

During janeway i did wizard job change quest wearing eden basic stuff, isnt that hard the most dangerous monster there is Frilldora, for the rest Firewall, low lv bolts, frost driver, fire ball.

Look that 

Wow very nice you even managed to use only novice potions.

#27 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 09 June 2015 - 10:42 AM

People need to stop blaming the game and realize there are stratgies and such you can use to be better.

#28 Kunthiwati

Kunthiwati

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 164 posts

Posted 10 June 2015 - 05:34 AM

There is clearly something wrong with you when you find it hard levelling a mage/wizard. Wait till you try levelling a pure brewer build.

i cried a lot when doing this, and ended up using my another char to lvl him with bounty and such :sob: :sob: :sob:

#29 Lapphy

Lapphy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1675 posts
  • LocationStafford, VA
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 10 June 2015 - 06:35 AM

Sage is easier to level and job change if youre having issues, but yeah the wiz job change is annoying if you dont have consummables or tokens or a phen. Doable tho, just takes more effort.

#30 kucingila

kucingila

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 348 posts
  • LocationHidden in Biolab basement
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 11 June 2015 - 05:08 AM

^I find leveling sage harder than wiz especially at later levels. SG/FN+JT ftw. :heh: 

I managed to do the quest with just eden and survivor staff, no phen/BB. I remember falling almost 10 times. The only truly dangerous mob was Frilldora (fast and hiding) which can be dealt with frost diver/soul strike/napalm/low level Cold bolt and I think can still be hit by firewall? I know willow and greatest generals can't be hit but the former are pretty slow while the later can't even move.

The previous floors agros can be dealt with just lv3 Lightning bolt or fireball. 

Speaking of which, you can bypass the test with worn out scroll after failing 5 times.

The battle part of WL job change isn't hard if you're prepared (swordfish card and water resist pot aren't that expensive at that point).

#31 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

10,000 posts and not even a Tiki-Shirt.

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 11 June 2015 - 05:23 AM

you can 99 sage just spamming harpy bounty board. firewall and heaven's drive. the problem with wiz aoe is that it takes forever and a day to cast. meanwhile a sage can cast while moving and their aoes cast faster too. when I was solo leveling my wizzie I used to just do fd/jt combo; safer than trying to survive long enough to get a SG off.

#32 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 11 June 2015 - 05:27 AM

If you have good gears, soloing overlook water dungeon is easy, but for noobs I'd say easiest is to make a friend and lvl together :P

#33 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

10,000 posts and not even a Tiki-Shirt.

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 11 June 2015 - 05:32 AM

you can do overlook solo on any class; just use the free merc you get for VIP. I even managed to heal slave my level 8 sword merc through all of overlook before on my high priest so yeah.

#34 Lapphy

Lapphy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1675 posts
  • LocationStafford, VA
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 11 June 2015 - 07:01 AM

Kaahi on scholar equals win

Edited by Lapphy, 11 June 2015 - 07:01 AM.

#35 Hissis

Hissis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3901 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 11 June 2015 - 07:45 AM

People need to stop blaming the game and realize there are stratgies and such you can use to be better.

/\ /\ /\

That's why i go to the pvp and see WL's using 2 skills (TV/Ghost '''combo'''') ,then they blame ''omg,my class is useless''...

Mage's are really easy to level up using eden gears/npc gears,they can AOE / IK a lot of monsters... blame a game cause u're new is just stupid ._.,search vídeos,ask players,''study'' ur class then go and try it again ._.

U said u played 50 MMO'S,i guess 95% of them is just GET DAT QUEST> TALK WITH NPC'S> KILL 3 MONSTER > GET 3 LEVELS.

So please,dont blame the game,warp portal and everything else... No one start playing like a PRO,as i said,search for helpful guides/videos.

BTW,if u think mage is useless,try to play using a expanded class :)

GL

Edited by Hissis, 11 June 2015 - 07:45 AM.

#36 armourer84

armourer84

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 422 posts

Posted 17 June 2015 - 12:20 AM

Remind me about how I started with my wizard.

I just came back and continued playing my own style I had played and quited 10 years ago.

I played Frost Driver lv8. It's very slow in leveling but very funny.

I passed the wizard test very easy with out phen with this build.

The Fire Ball has very fast cast and short delay and so does the Frost Driver. The most difficult part of the test is Fire room. With Frost Driver build and to froze and kill them with Lightning Bolt and Cold Bolt.

I was leveling with the non-moblie and non-aggressive slowing-movement monsters and kill them one on one during Mage and got SG10 and LoV10 during Wiz.

Edited by armourer84, 17 June 2015 - 12:21 AM.

#37 Quoc

Quoc

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1037 posts

Posted 20 June 2015 - 03:21 PM

You know... I think the wizard test today is MUCH easier than it was 10 years ago. I actually don't believe it changed at all after all these years but it IS easier in today's RO simply because you get so many easy access gears that does the job compared to back then. I passed the test back then, took me roughly 3 tries(first two were trial and error) and this is without eden and w/e else kafra shop has to offer. I literally used a pink hat, guard, and arc wand[1] to pass the test. If you can't pass the test, there's nothing else to say other than your incompetence in using a mage.

Who knows though? Maybe in today's RO it may have actually been harder than 10 years ago simply because the game has simplified leveling making many players that gets a decent level, incompetent in what they're doing.

Edited by Quoc, 20 June 2015 - 03:23 PM.

#38 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 20 June 2015 - 03:33 PM

also fireball was buffed to do double damage with renewal

#39 mikayel

mikayel

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 796 posts

Posted 02 July 2015 - 04:51 PM

If you do not have or cannot afford to buy a phen carded accessory, the Wizard job change quest become surprisingly easy if you get soul strike. 

I love how useful fireball is for first/second/trans leveling tho. Most fun I had leveling was a toss-up between my meteor assault sin-x and my fireball hi-wizard and fireball scholar. So good. 

Edited by mikayel, 02 July 2015 - 04:57 PM.

#40 Spre123

Spre123

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 07 August 2015 - 05:04 PM

he has a certain point. if you level using Janeways quests. you hit job 50 at level 50, unlike th enormal route in which you are dang near 70 when you hit job level 50(60ish at 40) so the stats are lacking. Ive never had an issue with the test, but this mage was leveled using janeways cheatin ways 58+8 int 45+5 dex. obueane is a nasty sucker has killed me 4 times so far.

and also firewall doesnt stop her, she swims right through it.

but op can stop whining and just level up more pop more points into dex and int even with  the newb gear. course im sporting cursed gear hahaha

#41 Mysterapprentic

Mysterapprentic

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 06 October 2015 - 10:20 AM

I just feel pkaying as a warlock sux... i mean i do enjoy playing warlock but just compare from other jobs i feel warlick dps is the lowest and going ti not much ppl will favor to party ..

Too depend on gear item ... iro just hate warlord class ...

#42 Calza

Calza

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 933 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 06 October 2015 - 10:58 AM

I done the test unexpectedly (that is I went up the tower to initiate the job change but thought I had to go and collect items), so I had no phen and no potions.

Wasn't that hard?

#43 joalecs

joalecs

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 October 2015 - 04:07 AM

Firewall is just for preventing the monsters to reach you and allow you to cast other spells to finish the job. Actually you can see from this Element table that fire element can still attack water monsters even though they are water element level 4.

Stone curse is not so reliable (don't have 100% success rate) and you should avoid to use it.

As for passing the test with only Eden gears you can surely pass it. I don't own a mage class char but my gf does. She managed to pass this test when we were extremely poor (as poor like we don't even want to use that free novice potions lol) although she had to retake the test many times. I understand that this test is hard for new players but you can do it!!

#44 joalecs

joalecs

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 October 2015 - 04:10 AM

Firewall is just for preventing the monsters to reach you and allow you to cast other spells to finish the job. Actually you can see from this Element table that fire element can still attack water monsters even though they are water element level 4.

Stone curse is not so reliable (don't have 100% success rate) and you should avoid to use it.

As for passing the test with only Eden gears you can surely pass it. I don't own a mage class char but my gf does. She managed to pass this test when we were extremely poor (as poor like we don't even want to use that free novice potions lol) although she had to retake the test many times. I understand that this test is hard for new players but you can do it!!

(as poor like we don't even want to use that free novice potions lol) <--- I laughed at this sentence

#45 Kebtung

Kebtung

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members - No Sig
  • 959 posts
  • Server:( ͡ᵔ ͜ʖ ͡°)

Posted 26 October 2015 - 04:25 AM

Buy more WPE.

#46 Calza

Calza

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 933 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 26 October 2015 - 12:17 PM

I'm doing the WL job change now, and if you didn't like the wizard test you're really in trouble here.

I've been hunting for a bradium fragment for over an hour now, on a map which is pretty difficult for a 99 HW. Good luck!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users