Friend's List (Deleting Friends) - Proposals & Suggestions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Friend's List (Deleting Friends)

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 CottonCandies

CottonCandies

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 604 posts
  • LocationKuraigana Island
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Arua/Pegasus

Posted 10 June 2015 - 10:45 PM

Good Day!

I would like to report this as a bug, though I know many of rose players already noticed and aware of this.

Considering both have sufficient space in friend's list.

For example, I added a player in my friend's list, namely Friend1, it will automatically added and go to my friend's list and same will do to Friend1. Now, I decided to delete Friend1 in my friend's list, no problem here, it successfully deleted. But in Friend1's friend's list, I'm still there. In many online games and social networking sites, when you decided to delete someone in your friend's list, it will automatically deleted too and updated in both parties. Please make it the same too here in ROSE.

Thanks

#2 angeltje

angeltje

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2687 posts
  • Twitter:https://twitter.com/angelltjee
  • Server:Arua

Posted 10 June 2015 - 10:51 PM

+1

#3 Genesis

Genesis

ROSE Developer

• Community Managers
  • 2066 posts

Posted 29 June 2015 - 01:22 AM

As far as I'm aware, this behavior (and the allowance of one way friend requests) was intended by the original developers. I'm going to move this thread to Proposals & Suggestions for now, but we'll consider the feedback on changing the behavior to something that players are more familiar with.

#4 CottonCandies

CottonCandies

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 604 posts

Posted 06 July 2015 - 07:06 PM

Thanks Sir Genesis! I'm looking forward to it :)

#5 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts
  • Twitter:@LovatianOwl
  • LocationCaves of Owlverick
  • Server:Le' Forumz

Posted 06 July 2015 - 09:20 PM

The whole point of deleting someone from a friends list to to end communication with said person. The fact you remain on their friends list, disables you from ending contact with them, as they can see you're online. Not only that, but name changing doesn't help either. Should definitely be fixed as well. 

#6 CottonCandies

CottonCandies

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 604 posts

Posted 07 July 2015 - 09:01 PM

The whole point of deleting someone from a friends list to to end communication with said person. The fact you remain on their friends list, disables you from ending contact with them, as they can see you're online. Not only that, but name changing doesn't help either. Should definitely be fixed as well. 

Yeah! exactly ^^ +1

#7 pdfisher

pdfisher

Champion Representative

• Members
  • 5246 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania, in the heart of PA dutch country
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 08 July 2015 - 03:34 AM

To be honest, when you delete someone, they can't pm you anymore. However like the OP said, they can still see when you're online, so they can pretty much stalk you.

#8 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 08 July 2015 - 06:12 AM

Just because they can't PM you doesn't mean they can't whisper you, trade request you, group invite you, party invite you etc, or log multiple accounts and do it on any of those. 

#9 pdfisher

pdfisher

Champion Representative

• Members
  • 5246 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania, in the heart of PA dutch country

Posted 08 July 2015 - 07:09 AM

They can do that even if you are not on their friends list. Like I said, even though you delete them, they can stalk you.

#10 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 08 July 2015 - 08:11 AM

The point was they get a notification as soon as you log on, verse having to see you in person etc Pam. 

#11 SlowBob

SlowBob

Raider Representative

• Members
  • 1718 posts

Posted 08 July 2015 - 10:34 AM

ah yes, it's not a bug, it's a feature.....good to know ;)

#12 MidnightSmurf

MidnightSmurf

Artisan Representative

• Members
  • 1424 posts

Posted 08 July 2015 - 11:08 PM

A feature?`A horrible one. Please change to what Cotton said.

#13 MonnaLise

MonnaLise

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 550 posts
  • LocationUnder a suspended load
  • Server:The one with Free Premium

Posted 09 July 2015 - 05:17 AM

Btw How many friends can the friend list accomodate ?

#14 angeltje

angeltje

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2687 posts
  • Twitter:https://twitter.com/angelltjee

Posted 09 July 2015 - 05:20 AM

Btw How many friends can the friend list accomodate ?

not enough, i keep deleting 'friends' to add new once.

#15 Accordia

Accordia

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 20 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 11 July 2015 - 03:31 PM

It doesn't disable you from ending contact with them, if you have deleted them you won't see any PM's from them anymore, thus...ending contact. They can still contact you in other ways, you cant stop someone from talking to you.

From some posts here it seems people may be being constantly contacted by someone they don't want to be contacted by. Maybe said people have done something to or treated someone poorly and don't like that that person can then see when they are online. Maybe you are being harassed, in which case you can just "submit a ticket".

In any case I like this feature and the why of it is a good reason to keep it. I can quite happily go level in ruins at most times, but when a few select trolls are online I can decide not to waste my time there. They can't seem to handle the challenge of pvp against similar levelled and geared people and just troll the easy target 180-200's while they are fighting mobs. These people have cost me over 2 hours a night sometimes, now they are on my friend list I can see when they log on and save that time by just leaving.

#16 KatsuraKujo

KatsuraKujo

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 744 posts
  • LocationPotato

Posted 11 July 2015 - 03:52 PM

i've personally experienced someone trying to pm me when i've already deleted him from my friendlist. Just because i had too many people already in my friendlist and i was just cleaning it up. Which then after, he told me he was trying to contact me for like 3 days already thinking i've ignored him, because he was using his alt to contact me which i have deleted from my friendlist. He is unaware that i won't recieve the pm and got angry when i contacted him saying i ignored him for days >.>

Which is the problem here. The other person is unaware that you've deleted him/her from the friendlist, thinking that you're ignoring that person. If in my case, its one of my good friends in Rose. If whoever it is that's your good friend, they might actually lose a friendship part of your relationship simply because you deleted the person off the friend list and the other person thinks and contacts you via pm.

If you want to keep the feature at the very least send an auto message like how whispers are sent when someone is not online, except this one saying, "this person has deleted you from his/her friend list and cannot see the message you send from here" or something like that. So at the very least the other person is AWARE of it and will use others ways to pm the person like whisper.

#17 TheRealCaNehDa

TheRealCaNehDa

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1140 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 12 July 2015 - 02:37 AM

It also bugs in the way that regardless of you actually being added to their friends list, when their list is full, they are still added to yours.

#18 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 12 July 2015 - 02:58 AM

It doesn't disable you from ending contact with them, if you have deleted them you won't see any PM's from them anymore, thus...ending contact. They can still contact you in other ways, you cant stop someone from talking to you.

From some posts here it seems people may be being constantly contacted by someone they don't want to be contacted by. Maybe said people have done something to or treated someone poorly and don't like that that person can then see when they are online. Maybe you are being harassed, in which case you can just "submit a ticket".

In any case I like this feature and the why of it is a good reason to keep it. I can quite happily go level in ruins at most times, but when a few select trolls are online I can decide not to waste my time there. They can't seem to handle the challenge of pvp against similar levelled and geared people and just troll the easy target 180-200's while they are fighting mobs. These people have cost me over 2 hours a night sometimes, now they are on my friend list I can see when they log on and save that time by just leaving.

No no no, the point I was trying to make, is that people use this 'feature/bug' to make it easier for them to harass you. You don't even have to accept a FL Request for you to be added to their list, and see when you're online. Making it so they get notifications + alerts to when you're on/off line. It's being used inappropriately for damaging actions and harassment in some cases. That was my point. Yes, they can find you even if you weren't on their list + they didn't get a notification, but the point is this bug makes it a lot easier for them. 

#19 MonnaLise

MonnaLise

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 550 posts
  • LocationUnder a suspended load
  • Server:The one with Free Premium

Posted 22 July 2015 - 12:35 AM

Friend is added directly to your Friend list even if the other party didnt accepted yet the friend request.

Already mentioned above ~~ pfft sorry :bang:

Edited by MonnaLise, 22 July 2015 - 12:37 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users