Dungeon "Hard mode" Suggestions - Proposals & Suggestions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Dungeon "Hard mode" Suggestions

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 KatsuraKujo

KatsuraKujo

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 744 posts
  • LocationPotato
  • Playing:ROSE Online

Posted 11 June 2015 - 05:13 AM

Okay so below is my idea.

I've posted this on another thread here, but since no feedback was given about it. I'm posting it again.

Also just a side note, i know this belongs on the Proposal thread, but almost noone reads that. In the general community chat, everyone can give feedback to the idea.

Edited

These are the previous ideas which as now canceled. A newer version will be made once time permits me to do so. Thx to the people that support me.

Spoiler

New idea

Spoiler

P.S Forgive me for any grammar mistake or anything because i don't have the time to re-read what i wrote atm. I'll edit anything that seems hard to understand if needed.

(personal side note: #EveryoneIgnoresMiki)

Edited by KatsuraKujo, 29 October 2015 - 06:23 AM.

#2 Filipito98

Filipito98

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 996 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in another world
  • Server:Arua

Posted 11 June 2015 - 06:43 AM

Okay so below is my idea.

I've posted this on another thread here, but since no feedback was given about it. I'm posting it again.

Also just a side note, i know this belongs on the Proposal thread, but almost noone reads that. In the general community chat, everyone can give feedback to the idea.

Spoiler

Finally, the opinions about GA cost being increased slightly should also be thought about. That, or don't change it for dungeon runs, but implement "penalties" as stated in my spoilers (a lot of them) which i have yet to think what kind it would be to cause significant enough "psychological damage" to players to make them at the very least TRY to finish it.

Well i'll wait for your comments on the idea, and also, this is an idea, i am unsure if it is possible for our 3 programmers to make this so far with limited amount of time they have atm since they seriously lack time.

I'm open to feedback incase i missed anything and/or if you have concerns on my idea.

P.S Forgive me for any grammar mistake or anything because i don't have the time to re-read what i wrote atm. I'll edit anything that seems hard to understand if needed.

(personal side note: #EveryoneIgnoresMiki)

*offtopic*

hope someone read this, this is a good suggestion even tho you players, are acting like (there's no need that sh**, the game is good like this, we can hang without that) or (too lazy for feedback it and i don't like that idea) or any other bad thing.

Every feedback is helpfull for any suggestion post, soo plz instead be lazy, get u dam hands in work and give a feedback, if u guys dont have, or it might cuz u guys didnt understanded or u guys dont even want to support it even if u guys liked but anyway

*/offtopic*

well i do like the suggestion but i have some few questions

wen u mean about rewards in normal mode (newbie mode) is like less 50% reward then the normal DG right? wich means the advanced one (true normal one i guess) is the normal drop rate wile the normal mode (newbie mode) is less 50% drop rate right?, same to Elite mode (Hard mode) wich gives 50% more drop rate? (sry if is kinda confuse xD)

well idk if advanced mode could made 2 rewards, only if was chemicals or lisent HG (except U), wile last boss is normal drops (books low rate) but yeh i like the elite mode for have a high drop rate for those trully hard drops (books principally) maybe elite mode could be books drops only?

SC, F***ING TRUE STORY, laggy, Bugs and etc, hard right nw, after fix, easy like others <.<

#3 KatsuraKujo

KatsuraKujo

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 744 posts
  • LocationPotato

Posted 11 June 2015 - 07:00 AM

well i do like the suggestion but i have some few questions

wen u mean about rewards in normal mode (newbie mode) is like less 50% reward then the normal DG right? wich means the advanced one (true normal one i guess) is the normal drop rate wile the normal mode (newbie mode) is less 50% drop rate right?, same to Elite mode (Hard mode) wich gives 50% more drop rate? (sry if is kinda confuse xD)

It could be on par with how much the difficulty decrease yes. Honestly i haven't thought of how much the reward rates should be yet. Though thx for stating it, i'll keep it in mind to find a possible suitable percentage decrease and increase to respective rewards (might take awhile orz)

i like the elite mode for have a high drop rate for those trully hard drops (books principally) maybe elite mode could be books drops only?

This would make the dg a little redundant. So the market place would be completely flooded with books and the prices of a lot of them might decrease if this happens. Personally i just want a bigger rate for the drop to accomadate the difficulty of the dungeon run. Not too much yet not too little. I'll have to do my research on forums about the rates of the reward drops before i say anything about the reward part. 

Thx for your feedback. And your 1st paragraph isn't necessary. I don't really want to care if noone looks at this (which is highly unlikely). Thx also for your concern, but if this doesn't get look at, then nvm, ideas are ideas in the end.

Edited by KatsuraKujo, 11 June 2015 - 07:00 AM.

#4 WorldDestroyerxx

WorldDestroyerxx

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 82 posts

Posted 15 June 2015 - 06:30 AM

Wow, these modes in dungeon is what we need. I did a lot of dungeons before specifically hoo and personally i want it a little harder but that will definitely affect the newcomers, so thumbs up on these modes. Like easy normal and for the veterans and +1 on the reward scaling.

I wish on the hardmode(your idea) they increase the nepturune,venurune drop rate. They drop once in a blue moon at our current dg

#5 KatsuraKujo

KatsuraKujo

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 744 posts
  • LocationPotato

Posted 15 June 2015 - 07:17 AM

I wish on the hardmode(your idea) they increase the nepturune,venurune drop rate. They drop once in a blue moon at our current dg

That can be arranged. I'll edit my main post with it when i can. Thx for the suggestion and support

#6 AngryHobo

AngryHobo

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 15 June 2015 - 07:18 AM

I would love this, I really want to get in to Dungeons and other post game things but I have no idea what I'm doing and I'm not equipped at all do to anything

#7 pdfisher

pdfisher

Champion Representative

• Members
  • 5246 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania, in the heart of PA dutch country
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 15 June 2015 - 12:01 PM

You know the Dungeons used to have varying levels, but I think they were only for level appropriate characters. Then they changed it to the system they have now. I normally run them in reinforced gears.

#8 KatsuraKujo

KatsuraKujo

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 744 posts
  • LocationPotato

Posted 15 June 2015 - 12:12 PM

You know the Dungeons used to have varying levels, but I think they were only for level appropriate characters. Then they changed it to the system they have now. I normally run them in reinforced gears.

The system still exist, but the number of players running he lower lvl dungeons are next to 0. I literally never see it start. Also the mobs within that lvl range for lowbies, are way too harsh compared to if you are in end game and know what to build.

Which is exactly why i suggest this. This would let all lvl ranges to join. Normal could start at lvl 160-max. Making it more a variety to actually join and challenge the dungeon.

#9 pdfisher

pdfisher

Champion Representative

• Members
  • 5246 posts

Posted 16 June 2015 - 03:32 AM

No you don't understand. What you proposed is what we had. There was normal dungeons, and exalted level dungeons. Then they changed it to what we have now.

#10 KatsuraKujo

KatsuraKujo

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 744 posts
  • LocationPotato

Posted 16 June 2015 - 04:46 AM

ah okay. Though that doesn't help me understand what's wrong with the idea though. Is it that you're supporting the idea or you have concerns on it or did i miss something? Other than the fact they had this before, so bringing it back might not be possible or something?

#11 angeltje

angeltje

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2687 posts
  • Twitter:https://twitter.com/angelltjee
  • Server:Arua

Posted 16 June 2015 - 05:11 AM

ah okay. Though that doesn't help me understand what's wrong with the idea though. Is it that you're supporting the idea or you have concerns on it or did i miss something? Other than the fact they had this before, so bringing it back might not be possible or something?

i think that they removed it for a reason :P so prob wont get back into the game xD

#12 KatsuraKujo

KatsuraKujo

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 744 posts
  • LocationPotato

Posted 16 June 2015 - 06:00 AM

Then i wish to hear the reason behind the removal of the system. If that is not possible then i see no point for this not to be implemented again. It might help for a lot of pvm players like me as well as lowbies. The game is falling behind on pvm, and i am really getting tired of it.

#13 pdfisher

pdfisher

Champion Representative

• Members
  • 5246 posts

Posted 16 June 2015 - 07:06 AM

I wouldn't mind this to be honest. Perhaps though instead of decreased rewards, the rewards should be different for each mode?

#14 KatsuraKujo

KatsuraKujo

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 744 posts
  • LocationPotato

Posted 16 June 2015 - 08:11 AM

If you can elaborate relating to what can be arranged then i can put that in my main suggestion. PM me if you need to discuss privately before taking it here

#15 KatsuraKujo

KatsuraKujo

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 744 posts
  • LocationPotato

Posted 17 June 2015 - 04:09 PM

*BUMP*

#16 MonnaLise

MonnaLise

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 550 posts
  • LocationUnder a suspended load
  • Server:The one with Free Premium

Posted 17 June 2015 - 10:41 PM

Soo basically if i understood it right:

For each dungeon there will be 3 options where U can que in. That would mean it will decrease the already small number of participants in each game cos it will be divided into 3. 

#17 KatsuraKujo

KatsuraKujo

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 744 posts
  • LocationPotato

Posted 18 June 2015 - 06:26 AM

Soo basically if i understood it right:

For each dungeon there will be 3 options where U can que in. That would mean it will decrease the already small number of participants in each game cos it will be divided into 3. 

Well if i can get at least an example of what pdfisher said, where each mode gives different rewards instead, then it might be possible.

Still though, it would at least create a newbie friendly environment as well as keep it hard for the vets that play dg a lot

#18 pdfisher

pdfisher

Champion Representative

• Members
  • 5246 posts

Posted 18 June 2015 - 06:53 AM

Ok, let's say that the dungeon would give level appropriate rewards for each level tier. How would that be?

#19 irresistablechic

irresistablechic

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 18 June 2015 - 06:54 AM

I like thiiis and please don't give useless rewards anymore at dungeon.. maybe offer new things/rewards.. that will make more people do pvm..

#20 KatsuraKujo

KatsuraKujo

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 744 posts
  • LocationPotato

Posted 18 June 2015 - 07:08 AM

Ok, let's say that the dungeon would give level appropriate rewards for each level tier. How would that be?

Then wouldn't SC be out of the question to this? sorry i don't understand. Could you think of an example?

I like thiiis and please don't give useless rewards anymore at dungeon.. maybe offer new things/rewards.. that will make more people do pvm..

I don't really think that's possible. I mean, its the same thing with SC, new dungeon everyone's like "WHOAAAAAAAA" *spam spam spam spam* get all the gears, refine then sell them so on so forth. And then everyone moved from there to PvP arena again. So no point adding more content when the same result will occur.

As far as i know DGs (excluding SC) gives decent stuff

Ulverick medal (for grp 4 of king set)

Armors

Weapons

Shields

Lisent U

Chems (for crafting gems)

Books (one of the most important things)

Plutorune/Neptunerune (super super super rare)

Its the rate of it which makes it useless/useful. Ulverick medal is an example, it is useful cuz it gets you 1 medal for grp 4 of king set, but it drops so much to the point it is junk and most people just drop it.

#21 pdfisher

pdfisher

Champion Representative

• Members
  • 5246 posts

Posted 18 June 2015 - 02:52 PM

Hmm I know some games I play give super rare mounts, or gears as dungeon and raid rewards. They would be for around your level, but not necessariy for your class, so you would roll on them.

#22 KatsuraKujo

KatsuraKujo

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 744 posts
  • LocationPotato

Posted 18 June 2015 - 04:59 PM

So like for example the spider mount that you get from CoU, the lvl requirement is 100 to use it, and so the dg should be based on a lvl 100?

Actually that's not a bad idea. Then again though, both CoU and HoO gears, almost all the uniques have no lvl requirement, just stat requirement (correct me if i'm wrong) so i'm not sure where does that go to. Mounts i can imagine how it can be arranged to be available for all dungeons.

Mounts

Spoiler

#23 pdfisher

pdfisher

Champion Representative

• Members
  • 5246 posts

Posted 18 June 2015 - 06:39 PM

Yeah something like that. The only change I would really like to see is the accessories (Spider Bite, Tutankhamen) and that set from HoO fixed so that they have stats that would actually help your character.

#24 KatsuraKujo

KatsuraKujo

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 744 posts
  • LocationPotato

Posted 18 June 2015 - 09:34 PM

Hmm alright, i'll change my 1st post when i have the time. Thx for the suggestion

#25 KatsuraKujo

KatsuraKujo

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 744 posts
  • LocationPotato

Posted 22 June 2015 - 01:19 AM

bump

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users