Dungeon "Hard mode" Suggestions - Page 2 - Proposals & Suggestions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Dungeon "Hard mode" Suggestions

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#26 Genesis

Genesis

ROSE Developer

• Community Managers
  • 2066 posts
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Arua

Posted 29 June 2015 - 09:08 AM

Then i wish to hear the reason behind the removal of the system. If that is not possible then i see no point for this not to be implemented again. It might help for a lot of pvm players like me as well as lowbies. The game is falling behind on pvm, and i am really getting tired of it.

Exalted (i.e. Hard Mode) dungeons existed in the past and were removed as there was no noticeable difference in difficulty between them and regular mode dungeons. The game mechanics that ROSE had at the time (and currently have now) are not enough to warrant making several tiers of difficulty for, and the number of types of rewards (especially when it comes to rewards that are highly desired among the community) that can be offered are so limited that it would be spread too thinly to be successful - and that's factoring in all the recent improvements that have been made to the game.

If we can overcome those hurdles however, then we could be more on-board with introducing "hard mode" capabilities into dungeons.  Don't let that stop you from coming up with ideas for improvements to dungeon content, we're open to suggestions and there's still a lot that could be done to improve on what's already there - some improvements may just take longer than others to become reality.

Something to consider which I feel would be a more suitable path for ROSE's dungeon content would be the introduction of specific hard mode objectives within the current dungeons, rather than creating multiple tiers of dungeons each with their own difficulty.  Doing that would allow for more granular improvements to the current dungeons as improvements to core mechanics are implemented, prevents segregating the community into multiple dungeon queues, and gives players an additional level of difficulty to attempt (just in a more specific manner).  As far as community feedback and suggestions go, building a proposal for a new objective or updating an objective to have additional levels of difficulty within a dungeon would be much more focused and likely to be adopted than a proposal that requires a dungeon be redesigned from scratch (multiple times!)

Implementing such a function raises a few questions, some of which are questions that your proposal could attempt to answer:

1. What aspect of a dungeon could be considered an objective?
  2. How many unique variations of difficulty could that objective have?
  3. What difference in abilities, mechanics, restrictions and rewards would there be between a regular difficulty and harder difficulty of that objective?

#27 KatsuraKujo

KatsuraKujo

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 744 posts
  • LocationPotato

Posted 29 June 2015 - 09:24 AM

Thx for the feedback Gen, i'll rethink my idea of dungeon modes and rewrite my entire proposal for this thread. I also appreciate the suggestion for a possible placing for "hard mode" which can be added to the game.

Once again thx.

#28 KatsuraKujo

KatsuraKujo

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 744 posts
  • LocationPotato

Posted 02 July 2015 - 08:55 PM

bump, edited with new suggestion for dungeon mode except for SC.

#29 KatsuraKujo

KatsuraKujo

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 744 posts
  • LocationPotato

Posted 29 October 2015 - 06:21 AM

FINALLY updated SC hard mode dungeon

Feel free to leave comments

#30 mx127

mx127

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 31 October 2015 - 10:38 AM

its already hard enough for a champion since its been Nerfed out the wazzoo.

#31 KatsuraKujo

KatsuraKujo

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 744 posts
  • LocationPotato

Posted 31 October 2015 - 05:20 PM

its already hard enough for a champion since its been Nerfed out the wazzoo.

that's the idea of this proposal actually, so the normal dungeons can be scaled down more to make it a little easier in terms of hp amount and the mechanics.

While not leaving out those people who are hardcore dungeoniers thus making a harder mode for them which they can obtain better rewards if successfully completing it. =3

Edited by KatsuraKujo, 31 October 2015 - 05:21 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users