NPC Buffer on each GA PVP.. seriously just do it! - Proposals & Suggestions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

NPC Buffer on each GA PVP.. seriously just do it!

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#1 MarK1789

MarK1789

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 260 posts

Posted 11 June 2015 - 09:07 PM

as the title says... no need to explain. No need for discussion.

#2 VisitorX

VisitorX

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 296 posts

Posted 11 June 2015 - 09:53 PM

+1

Clerics would obviously be better because they can heal but at least this would give he side with no cleric a chance.

I just don't think they know how to implement this or it would have been done already

#3 DopeL

DopeL

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 206 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 18 June 2015 - 04:30 AM

YES!! just freaking do this already! I'm sick and tired of AA having 182638172638 FS on one side and 0 on the other side! GOD!!

#4 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts
  • Twitter:@LovatianOwl
  • LocationCaves of Owlverick
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Le' Forumz

Posted 19 June 2015 - 03:24 AM

If buffs are just given globally and equally to everyone, then what's the difference between everyone having them, and noone having them? Just curious. 

#5 MarK1789

MarK1789

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 260 posts

Posted 19 June 2015 - 04:36 AM

the point here is the chance of everyone having no buffs is very very very very small(almost impossible due to merge) comparing to one side having buffs and the other doesn't .. everyone having no buffs happens like once in a full moon or almost never... or haven't you been playing AA lately? cause i play it everytime everyday and both team having no buffs(literally no buffs) happened 0 times from approximately 600 + AA games i played since merge. 

#6 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 19 June 2015 - 04:40 AM

I asked what difference is between everyone having the same buffs, and noone having any buffs. 

#7 angeltje

angeltje

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2687 posts
  • Twitter:https://twitter.com/angelltjee
  • Server:Arua

Posted 19 June 2015 - 04:54 AM

Then put the req back for clerics? Then it only starts with atleast one cleric at each side.

#8 KatsuraKujo

KatsuraKujo

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 744 posts
  • LocationPotato

Posted 19 June 2015 - 05:01 AM

Then put the req back for clerics? Then it only starts with atleast one cleric at each side.

That or disallow clerics to enter IF the situation happens to be.

Team w/o cleric vs team w/o cleric.

#9 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 19 June 2015 - 05:08 AM

Like seriously? Wtf. 

Why is it that we have to come up with all these super complicated uber BS fixes for a bad system. Fix the damned system! If Clerics, or Buffs, or some random Class is affecting game play too much, fix it. Dont start 'limiting' the number of them etc. Seriously, this convoluted BS is starting to cause my hair to fall out. Dammit all. 

#10 MarK1789

MarK1789

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 260 posts

Posted 19 June 2015 - 05:49 AM

I asked what difference is between everyone having the same buffs, and noone having any buffs. 

I don't see any difference.. though i don't get the sense why you even asked it basing from what's happening.

#11 DopeL

DopeL

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 206 posts

Posted 19 June 2015 - 06:14 AM

Like seriously? Wtf. 

Why is it that we have to come up with all these super complicated uber BS fixes for a bad system. Fix the damned system! If Clerics, or Buffs, or some random Class is affecting game play too much, fix it. Dont start 'limiting' the number of them etc. Seriously, this convoluted BS is starting to cause my hair to fall out. Dammit all. 

this post is just simply saying to either move that pvp pot seller inside GA or just simply convert it to an NPC so it will be more convenient and all players will have a chance to get buffs even if it's weak.

This also one solution for the gamestyle of GA PVP to cope up with the fast-paced gaming ROSE recently became.. like for example the issue of defenders loosing after getting wiped one time. Instead of waiting for all your members to die you can just go talk to the npc buffer, get those fairly-weak buffs and go help them ASAP and not wait for all your members to get wiped and lose before you guys can even regroup.

What's the problem? Not all Carry pvp buff pots inside GA due to some unknown reasons, and it affects the mentality of the team and then they just go afk because they know the strength gap between their team is too big and it's not worth it to exert effort only to feed the enemy team without having no chance to fight back.

But what if all of them have buffs even if its just weak? well their spirits will go up knowing that they won't be defeated without having fun or be like a mouse fighting a lion. The result? Less complaints, less stress for competitive players because of their members afk-ing, etc etc..

What's the solution? MAKE IT CONVENIENT enough for all players to get buffs and that is to either transfer that npc potion seller or just simply make an npc buffer that sells buffs equivalent to that of all the complete buff set the npc is selling inside the arena.

Is that too complicated? i think not. make a comment basing from experience not from just what you think. and stop being retarded

Edited by VModCupcake, 20 June 2015 - 03:24 PM.

#12 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 19 June 2015 - 09:02 AM

Moving the battle pots inside the arena won't solve anything. 

No buff/battle buff vs Stat Buff/Cleric buff is always a landslide victory. Unless the statbuff/fs buffed team are a bunch of scatter brained dolts then they're going to win. And knowing that you don't actually stand a chance is just as deterring as not having any shiny's over your head in the first place. Your solution, doesn't address the real problem, and therefore is obsolete before even being used. 

Problem solving 101, find the problem > acknowledge the problem > put forth a solution > confirmation problem is fixed. 

edited to remove the more offensive comments about other players or their mothers

Edited by VModCupcake, 20 June 2015 - 03:20 PM.

#13 CharasX

CharasX

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 193 posts

Posted 19 June 2015 - 12:53 PM

I have a fix idea for this situation... but ppl won't like it... oh no they won't.

Get yourself ready to hate on my suggestions once again!

Remove buffs as active skills from the game! this is the solution!

Instead of that, buff would be brought passively within groups by the different "class" composing it. (I know this sentence is absolutly not clear, so I'll try to explain my idea... usually when I do that ppl still fail to understand what I tried to explain... but let s give it a shot)

Soldier : HP, Def, Ap, Str.

Hawker : Mvt Speed, Atk speed, Dodge, Dex.

Dealer : Acc, Sens, Con, Crit.

Muse : Mdef, Int, MP, Enhance damage.

This system is inspired by Stat Buffs, ofcourse, but I have the feeling that this system would work the most if charm wasn't playing any role anymore on buffs, this would ofcourse create a riot... but would be so much more healthy for the game overall, you want to push player to group with other active players, and not with standing chars staying in junon that someone is logging using 5 accounts, this is really bullsh*t... in wich other mmo did you ever see that? lol.

Anyway... all this basically mean that :

A Soldier would always have his HP, Def, AP, STR buff on

An Hawker would always have his Mvt Speed, Atk Speed, Dodge, Dex buff on

A Dealer would always have his Acc, Sens, Con, Crit buff on

A Muse would always have his Mdef, Int, MP, Enhance DMG buff on

While grouping with a different "class" the whole group would would gain the buff corresponding to this class!... Meaning : 

If you want to have HP, Def, AP, STR... you got to have a Soldier in your group!.... Mvt Speed, Atk Speed, Dodge, Dex.... You gotta have an Hawker in your group... and so on

This would encourage greatly player to have a way bigger class diversity set up in their party, wich is absolutly great for the PvM and PvP aspect of the game... No more group with only Raiders or god knows what... If you wanna be efficient, you gotta party with other active players, and have subclasses from every main class in your group.

If players would really start to rage too much about the "charm doesn't affect those buffs" I guess... The only viable solution would then be to... obviously, let thos buffs be affected by charm, but limit their effect  to a radius of let s say 50 meters. This way... If you get too far from your group... you loose the buff effect those would have gave to you... Making you think twice before roaming solo in PvP or making it impossible in PvM to just leave random classes at spawn and go do your own things alone.....

because... THIS HAS TO STOP, ROSE IS AN MMO, WE GOT TO PLAY TOGETHER.

#Hate storm incoming#

#14 pdfisher

pdfisher

Champion Representative

• Members
  • 5246 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania, in the heart of PA dutch country
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 19 June 2015 - 01:23 PM

Interesting suggestion there CharasX. And no, I am not going to hate on you for it. It's probably better than my suggestion which would be to completely remove buffs/buff pots from PvP GA. Or, put the cleric requirement back. :p_devil:

#15 Castanho

Castanho

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1549 posts
  • LocationGarden of Aru
  • Server:That one

Posted 19 June 2015 - 01:27 PM

Would be a great idea everyone having exactly the same buff or nothing as Feuer mentioned, in GA PVP, and cleric buffs not valid inside. Then those clerics who like to war, would focus on a heal build with plus damage, def or so. 

#16 MarK1789

MarK1789

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 260 posts

Posted 19 June 2015 - 01:59 PM

You know the real problem? It's when a person humbly posts a suggestion to get some feedbacks but then one person thinking he's the most smart-ass guy around and puts his suggestion with matching "BS" on the side. 

#17 XianPaul

XianPaul

I am New.

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 19 June 2015 - 07:22 PM

and yes.. the raging begins.. typical forum posts yea? lol

#18 MarK1789

MarK1789

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 260 posts

Posted 19 June 2015 - 07:32 PM

and yes.. the raging begins.. typical forum posts yea? lol

i was in my cool tho :D

pffttt. oh god he doesn't get it at all.. i'm officially done with this guy xD. 

yep just ignore him.. always basing from what he thinks but not actually experiencing it in-game, comparing to us full-time GA PVP players. let him trash talk us and we'll just laugh knowing how senseless it is lol

#19 angeltje

angeltje

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2687 posts
  • Twitter:https://twitter.com/angelltjee
  • Server:Arua

Posted 19 June 2015 - 10:44 PM

Npc buffers wont solve it. We need something else.

#20 DopeL

DopeL

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 206 posts

Posted 20 June 2015 - 01:29 AM

Here's the thing you guys.. We can use special buff pots inside GA PVP right?

now.. The problem is most of the players are not using this feature.

these are some reasons why players don't buy these buff pots.

1. They are too lazy to use them inside GA cause it's so time consuming just applying it, pretty boring if u ask me.

2. They are just too many to fit in the consumable tab all with your other consumables especially of you're a hybrid character which does many things like WAR, DG, GA PVP, Farming etc.. etc..

3. The only way to get rid of them is to trade to other characters which is pretty annoying.

Now since there is an available feature to get yourself buffed inside a GA PVP in exchange of a small fee why not just make it more convenient for players and make them available inside the GA PVP since its allowed anyways? Players would be more competitive once they see that he and all his teammates has full buffs on them.

#21 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 20 June 2015 - 01:35 AM

A person on Battle Pots vs even normal Pots will lose. A Person on Battle pots vs someone on Cleric Buffs, will lose the vast majority. And a person on Battle Pots vs FS + Stat Buffs is most definitely going to lose. 

The issue isn't having the buffs, it's the buffs effect. Because it extends PAST just the GA modes CD + AA. It affects DG's, TG, Open World Farmers, Leveling Spots and PKing. Trying to 'Fix' only one aspect, while leaving the rest completely boned.... is not going to fix squat. 

#22 MarK1789

MarK1789

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 260 posts

Posted 20 June 2015 - 02:30 AM

A person on Battle Pots vs even normal Pots will lose. A Person on Battle pots vs someone on Cleric Buffs, will lose the vast majority. And a person on Battle Pots vs FS + Stat Buffs is most definitely going to lose. 

The issue isn't having the buffs, it's the buffs effect. Because it extends PAST just the GA modes CD + AA. It affects DG's, TG, Open World Farmers, Leveling Spots and PKing. Trying to 'Fix' only one aspect, while leaving the rest completely boned.... is not going to fix squat. 

Seems you cooled off a bit and not calling suggestions of people "BS" or whatsoever so imma try to debate with you once again

Well ok... If a person was drowned or injured what do we do? give First-aid before sending him to hospital right?

Same with this case..

What are trying to do? Lessening the Players who just go afk and jsut let them take out the fun in doing GA PVP while devs or the community try to figure out the best fix.

The goal here is to keep the game fun and not boring, and to do that we have to make one of the best features in GA pvp, which is being able to have self buffs using buff pots, more convenient to do and unconsciously(is this the right term?) force most players to get these buffs because it's just easy to get and keep the FUN going which is a big factor of every other game out there, THE FUN.

If someone somewhere manages to convince if not every single GA PVP players then just at least most of them to use buff pots to keep the fun going then i'll shut-up. The goal here is to apply first-aid to the system which is to avoid most of the players from not getting bored. and not go directly to the absolute fix which i think will not be realized for the next few months.

Edited by MarK1789, 20 June 2015 - 02:34 AM.

#23 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 20 June 2015 - 02:43 AM

The situation of someone drowning doesn't apply here, as we all know they will only fix it once. And if they fix it via AA only, then GA DG's, TG, Open World, Leveling and Farming will continue to suffer. 

#24 MarK1789

MarK1789

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 260 posts

Posted 20 June 2015 - 03:01 AM

Fixing something even just temporary is always better than not fixing anything and let it be boring until an absolute fix comes out. Baby steps i would call it.

#25 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 20 June 2015 - 03:08 AM

Ye we all know that works better in normal things like IRL, but ROSE doesn't do that. Soon as AA get's fixed anyway, nothing else will change. Even if you band-aid AA, they won't have 'time' or 'staff' to dedicate to fixing the other 80% of game content that is affected in the exact same way AA's are. That's why I won't relent when it comes to fixing it right vs just fixing one minor aspect. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users