CMMaridah

Community Management Bunny

• Retired
  • 715 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 15 June 2015 - 08:53 AM

patchnotebanner.png

Patch Notes 6/15/2015

Please note: Details are subject to change at any time.

Weekly Maintenance Time: 6 pm PDT (~4 hours)

kafrashop.png

June Platinum Membership Pack 2000 KP

June Gold Membership Pack 900 KP

May 30 Day Mount SALE 280 KP

May Premium Mount Box SALE  70 KP

Changes.png

All old Rune Elixirs will be exchangeable for Chance Coupon from NPC Myunel for 2 weeks.

Players can purchase the new lowest grade rune elixirs using Chance Coupons for 2 weeks as well.

Changes to the Event Reward Random Box II:

Rune of Strength Enhancement Elixir > Lowest Grade Rune of STR Elixir
Rune of Dexterity Enhancement Elixir > Lowest Grade Rune of AGI Elixir
Rune of Intelligence Enhancement Elixir > Lowest Grade Rune of INT Elixir
Rune of Will Enhancement Elixir > 1 Chance Coupon 
Rune of Health Enhancement Elixir > 2 Chance Coupons

RO1 costumes with additional stat point options have been updated to only be obtainable through costume fusion. Stat version RO1 costumes will no longer be available for sale in boxes. Boxes that contain the stat-ed versions currently in game will not be impacted by this change.

Dapara Week Ends.

Anniversary Event Ends.

#2 johnwally

johnwally

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 142 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin

Posted 15 June 2015 - 09:01 AM

RO1 costumes with additional stat point options have been updated to only be obtainable through costume fusion. Stat version RO1 costumes will no longer be available for sale in boxes. Boxes that contain the stat-ed versions currently in game will not be impacted by this change.

*sigh* and here we go again with costume fusion madness again....

#3 SolM77186

SolM77186

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 158 posts
  • LocationFrance (Paris)
  • Server:ODIN

Posted 15 June 2015 - 10:07 AM

So another update which makes player quit.  Really ?  

but omg...1 and 2 ? only ? is that serious ? (and maybe devs don't know it's "WIS" after years)

So well Dear devs i just have one request...stop being greedy towards us, once again, was it too greedy to get 5 chance coupons per "WIS" elixir and 10 chance coupons per "VIT" ? What do you want us to do with 2 Chance coupons ? oh maybe we can buy 10 x prontera scrolls and then traveling into prontera, maybe we do not know prontera by heart but i think while i was waiting for an "out of range" bug i walked through it a lot.

Sorry for being sarcastic or rude, once again..we're just waiting for a game to be a game, not a beta. THIS GAME HAS POTENTIAL.

PS: at least thanks to maridah whom is posting the update for us every week.

Edited by SolM77186, 15 June 2015 - 10:25 AM.

#4 Telovi

Telovi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 494 posts

Posted 15 June 2015 - 11:50 AM

Nice fix.

l41lSlRDcKuPBAxtC.gif

#5 Leasfy

Leasfy

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 85 posts
  • LocationVergrond

Posted 15 June 2015 - 11:56 AM

Rune Elixirs from Happy Hour Boxes will be exchangeable for Chance Coupon from NPC Myunel  for 2 weeks.

Changes to the Event Reward Random Box II:

Rune of Strength Enhancement Elixir > Lowest Grade Rune of STR Elixir
Rune of Dexterity Enhancement Elixir > Lowest Grade Rune of AGI Elixir
Rune of Intelligence Enhancement Elixir > Lowest Grade Rune of INT Elixir

Why only for 2 weeks? Why not make it permanent ( considering the supply of Happy Hour Box will not be gone in a matter of 2 weeks ) ?

Would I also be able to exchange Rune Elixirs that I got from Pandora Box ?

#6 donchan

donchan

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 825 posts

Posted 15 June 2015 - 12:07 PM

Can we just remove bonus stats from all costumes?  kthx

#7 DarkKurayami

DarkKurayami

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 496 posts
  • LocationEurope
  • Server:Odin -n- Freya

Posted 15 June 2015 - 01:50 PM

And we don't only get the Rune Elixirs from the HHB. We get them from Pandora as well...

Can we just remove bonus stats from all costumes?  kthx

No. Just leave them alone. It doesn't even change that much given the number of stats they give....

#8 flukeSG2

flukeSG2

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1119 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 15 June 2015 - 02:14 PM

So...how is this a change?  So, if I understand this right, if I get a RO1 Ninja Style it won't have stats UNTIL I fuse it?  What a HUGE difference this makes to gameplay.

#9 CMMaridah

CMMaridah

• Retired
  • 715 posts

Posted 15 June 2015 - 02:26 PM

Njoror is asking development if they can possibly offer alchemist's stones instead of the current proposed change to the ERPBs. If they approve of the change, the patch notes will be updated. As for the Rune Elixirs, this is to give an option to those who have the ones from the HHBs because they are not transferable/destroy-able currently. It won't be a permanent trade in, and it applies to those that came out of the boxes so you don't have to hold on to them if you don't wish to.

#10 Axtar

Axtar

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 326 posts

Posted 15 June 2015 - 02:36 PM

but omg...1 and 2 ? only ? is that serious ? (and maybe devs don't know it's "WIS" after years)

So well Dear devs i just have one request...stop being greedy towards us, once again, was it too greedy to get 5 chance coupons per "WIS" elixir and 10 chance coupons per "VIT" ? What do you want us to do with 2 Chance coupons ?

I think it's already a pretty decent fix, given everything - instead of being discardable (zero profit), the elixirs are now tradable for actually useful stuff, with STR, AGI and INT contributing towards the newer runes. Kudos to the devs for letting us profit/save a little on these!

The low coupon rate is likely because the June boxes are pretty loaded with elixirs - 10 elixirs to 1 costume accessory looks fairer than 2 elixirs per accessory, especially considering the WIS elixirs are good for nothing else at the moment. Also, 1 VIT elixir for 1 costume item, given how many elixirs pop out from the June HHB? The coupon rate seems proportional to the item level, IMO.

It would be nice if the elixir trade-in were permanent, I'll admit, but hey, for the moment, this will make it a lot easier to open June boxes without worrying about bag space being overstuffed with outdated items that can't be discarded. ^^

Edited by Axtar, 15 June 2015 - 02:41 PM.

#11 leyhysteria

leyhysteria

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 139 posts
  • LocationGlass Haven
  • Server:My Bed

Posted 15 June 2015 - 02:43 PM

This is rather pointless, those changes are somehow pretty worthless. Let the quitting commence!

#12 Tonitrua

Tonitrua

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO2 Community Representative
  • 882 posts

Posted 15 June 2015 - 02:56 PM

This is rather pointless, those changes are somehow pretty worthless. Let the quitting commence!

Can I have your stuff before you quit?

#13 SolM77186

SolM77186

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 158 posts
  • LocationFrance (Paris)
  • Server:ODIN

Posted 15 June 2015 - 03:47 PM

nah...not for you toni;..you already are the owner of RO2 please xD let us get some -_-s XD

#14 RenKasha

RenKasha

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 154 posts
  • Server:Freyja

Posted 15 June 2015 - 04:10 PM

but for the Vit Elixir to give 2 coupons when many use those to go for +10 vits idk seems weird right? and wooo

http://playragnarok2...ews/article/352 

#15 843131014182906123

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 15 June 2015 - 04:32 PM

the coupon trade is not half bad for the solution but Emmm *emm it would be nicer if they give us +50 rune or its mat(s) instead of the -_-er version one...

*smile at myself for the ninja fix.... didnt even know that ninja costume is actually drop too XD.. may b my luck is really bad

PS:

-_- this bokky *headchop

#16 CMMaridah

CMMaridah

• Retired
  • 715 posts

Posted 15 June 2015 - 04:46 PM

Notes have just been updated again. So the changes to ERPB will remain as is. These changes will not effect ERPBs given out prior to this change.
As for the elixirs, it will be all old elixirs that you can trade in for Chance Coupons. You can then use those to get the lowest grade Rune Elixirs to use in the new system.
Development will work on a more permanent way to get rid of old elixirs beyond this 2 week period. The concern on their end is that Myunel’s inventory is getting too high so for the meantime it will just be a 2 week trade in.

1 Chance Coupon will be exchangeable for Lowest Grade Rune of STR Elixir, Lowest Grade Rune of AGI Elixir, or Lowest Grade Rune of INT Elixir.

#17 Arbalist

Arbalist

Too Legit To Quit

• 1307 posts

Posted 15 June 2015 - 04:54 PM

Adding to what Maridah said, the old elixirs are now freely tradeable (aka, the trade restriction has been removed). If you don't want to hold them, feel free to send them to me ;)

...okay the real reason I mention this is after the 2 week exchange period is over, if you must get rid of your elixirs and do not want to use them, you can mail them to yourself, and delete the mail to get rid of it completely.

#18 yuji21

yuji21

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 82 posts

Posted 15 June 2015 - 05:15 PM

so... nothing exchangeble for solvents? @_@" only elixirs?

also... anything new can exchange for the cupons? =V we'll just get many cupons then.. but for what?

#19 UnknownBeing

UnknownBeing

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 517 posts

Posted 15 June 2015 - 05:47 PM

don't know if want to unload stacks of coupons. :p_idea:

#20 PeachMilkTea

PeachMilkTea

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 147 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 15 June 2015 - 07:06 PM

So... is the exp event still going on? (haven't been around in a while so idk  :p_sick: )

#21 Aleksia

Aleksia

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 22 posts
  • LocationManila, Philippines

Posted 15 June 2015 - 08:56 PM

is it possible to extend the anniversary token exchanger for atleast a day or 2? 

didn't know that they are going to remove the quest today :( 

Please?

#22 7843140731162112220

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 226 posts

Posted 15 June 2015 - 09:04 PM

RO1 costumes with additional stat point options have been updated to only be obtainable through costume fusion. Stat version RO1 costumes will no longer be available for sale in boxes.

ninja_fail.png

how come it still stat-less after fusion?

Does it mean stat'ed costume can only obtainable via random fusion like before? Cant get it if using those costume from box and use appearance maintain slate?

*edit*

Also weird boot / lower part of new ro1 ninja style, is it intended or bugged?

Edited by 7843140731162112220, 15 June 2015 - 10:08 PM.

#23 Shinyusuke

Shinyusuke

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2064 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 16 June 2015 - 01:10 AM

I'm really really confused why developers keep adding things that can be bugged instead of modify and fix the existing ones?

Why don't we have +50 wis and vit runes?

Why don't just excange elixir directly with the related items in the new system?

Why steal from artisans the possibility tro craft runes?

#24 faku1810

faku1810

Too Legit To Quit

• 1084 posts

Posted 16 June 2015 - 03:25 AM

I'm really really confused why developers keep adding things that can be bugged instead of modify and fix the existing ones?

Why don't we have +50 wis and vit runes?

Why don't just excange elixir directly with the related items in the new system?

Why steal from artisans the possibility tro craft runes?

When the Bind Runes first appeared, devs notes stated that WIS and VIT would eventually come (though WIS isn't really needed). I can't say why they haven't added them yet, though, but i guess they're in their plans.

Although the main purpose is to give players a way to get rid of "useless" elixirs, they wanted to make it a way to also spend some of all those coupons we've been getting non-stop from HHBs and other sources (like ranking). Because currently, there isn't much to spend them on. So having the Bind Elixirs in Munil is a good chance to burn some of those coupons getting someone people actually want. And even if you don't want the materials, you can still use the coupons in something else.

Technically, artisans still can craft runes from 1-50 IF they bothered to do it (we know no one does it because it's not even needed + the equipment with runeholes is from dungeons). But just to calm your horses, it seems the future update brings new stuff related to crafting jobs, so even without runes, it might not be the end of the world.

We'll know more once we get a proper build in the Testing Server.

Edited by faku1810, 16 June 2015 - 03:26 AM.

#25 DarkKurayami

DarkKurayami

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 496 posts
  • LocationEurope
  • Server:Odin -n- Freya

Posted 16 June 2015 - 03:59 AM

Njoror is asking development if they can possibly offer alchemist's stones instead of the current proposed change to the ERPBs. If they approve of the change, the patch notes will be updated. As for the Rune Elixirs, this is to give an option to those who have the ones from the HHBs because they are not transferable/destroy-able currently. It won't be a permanent trade in, and it applies to those that came out of the boxes so you don't have to hold on to them if you don't wish to.

Don't the Pandora Boxes still give out these elixirs? At least I recall on an alt not too long ago getting another STR one, which I left on him for a while since was too lazy/poor to get a rune for it. :ani_swt3:

I assume after this point, all rune elixirs will be no longer coming out of the HHB and Pandoras then?

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users