Request: Reduce Game Area PvM Energy cost - Proposals & Suggestions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Request: Reduce Game Area PvM Energy cost

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 thetrangdamvn

thetrangdamvn

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1671 posts
  • LocationHanoi, Vietnam - GMT +7
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 16 June 2015 - 11:24 PM

So after the recent patch, there was an official decrease on GA PvP energy cost to 25%~50%

which help PvP players enjoy their gameplay.

Then why would us PvM player unable to enjoy PvM Game Arena like them?

People are doing AA at 2500 energy cost which means 4 of AA in a row, and the time in AA, energy can just refill so they're able to run more.

BUT, PvM energy cost is so high that after 3 runs there's nothing left, and it takes time to refill.

So does ROSE Online now prior PvP games? Or is it just because people only demand/complain about PVP that you didn't care about PvM?

There are a lot of PvM ingame too, even PvM clans which run dungeons a lot, I hereby request for a decrease on PVM energy cost!

Please consider.

== Community ==

Tbh, SC should get the biggest reduction in cost, simply because 90% of the groups I had today, only went in for shaman then bailed. This, is DESTROYING my energy caps. And it's going to continue so long as there is EQ rewards given at each of the bosses. It should either get a 66% energy cost [1/3 for each of the 2 skipped bosses] or the rewards should be saved until all 3 are cleared [so you kill all, get all 3 rewards on the last]. It's truly irritating beyond belief to not be able to do the Daily's unless people pre-group or even get the full amount of valor needed to purchase the energy being wasted. 

About the dg, it is way to hard for new comers. If you try solo queue, its just working and teaching these new players. Not many old players play dg since AA energy cost is so cheap and easy to get honor. People will always go over something thats worth the time.

I'm not saying I have a problem with the energy cost of dungeons. But, of Course there's no problem with the energy cost of dungeons for old players, but the new players however, queuing a dungeon is a risk for them because most of the time dungeons are crawling with raiders and no clerics. Most of them are newbies also. They actually do not have an idea of how the dungeon is, how to play their classes well. New clerics will have a hard time managing their mp and healing. If you actually queue COU and ever run into newbies, be prepared for a very long dungeon just to get approximately 120 valor. But most of the time, newbies abandoned the dungeons and gave up after realizing how hard the dungeon is for them.

This whole idea of reducing Game Arena PvM Cost aims at new comers. Old Players do not have a problem at all since they all have their own elite groups to dg. 

All in all, i agree that DG needs reduction to make it fair for PvM players because atm, PvP arenas cost LESS then that or PvM arenas, and the reward we get isn't worth as much as PvP players.

Edited by thetrangdamvn, 21 June 2015 - 04:47 PM.

#2 thetrangdamvn

thetrangdamvn

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1671 posts
  • LocationHanoi, Vietnam - GMT +7

Posted 16 June 2015 - 11:27 PM

Suggestion:

- Cave of Ulverick, Hall of Oblivion, Sea of Dawn: Reduce energy cost by 50%

- Sikuku Catacombs: Reduce energy cost by 25%

#3 meocutduoi

meocutduoi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 128 posts
  • LocationVietnam
  • Server:Arua

Posted 16 June 2015 - 11:28 PM

So after the recent patch, there was an official decrease on GA PvP energy cost to 25%~50%

which help PvP players enjoy their gameplay.

Then why would us PvM player unable to enjoy PvM Game Arena like them?

People are doing AA at 2500 energy cost which means 4 of AA in a row, and the time in AA, energy can just refill so they're able to run more.

BUT, PvM energy cost is so high that after 3 runs there's nothing left, and it takes time to refill.

So does ROSE Online now prior PvP games? Or is it just because people only demand/complain about PVP that you didn't care about PvM?

There are a lot of PvM ingame too, even PvM clans which run dungeons a lot, I hereby request for a decrease on PVM energy cost!

Please consider.

Totally agree with you my younger sister. It's not fair for PvM players like us

#4 KatsuraKujo

KatsuraKujo

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 744 posts
  • LocationPotato

Posted 16 June 2015 - 11:59 PM

Totally agree with you my younger sister. It's not fair for PvM players like us

trang's a guy lol

And yes i agree. The game has been too based on pvp and litterally everyone forgot PvM even exist. This seriously pissed me off when i saw only the PvP arenas get a reduction while the PvM arenas remain the same.

Honestly, even having people in the community chat section to notice my Dungeon Mode Suggestion is hard. I only manage to get 3-4 people to provide some feedback to it before it was moved to the proposal section.

To pvp players, the items you get are from pvm players, unique skills from dg, medals, armors etc etc. Just because you are more happier to kill people doesn't mean you shouldn't consider what would happen to PvM part of the game.

All in all, i agree that DG needs reduction to make it fair for PvM players because atm, PvP arenas cost LESS then that or PvM arenas, and the reward we get isn't worth as much as PvP players.

Edited by KatsuraKujo, 17 June 2015 - 12:00 AM.

#5 CottonCandies

CottonCandies

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 604 posts
  • LocationKuraigana Island
  • Server:Arua/Pegasus

Posted 17 June 2015 - 12:07 AM

I agree with this, Sir Leonis must not forget PvM players who love to do dungeons, so energy points for dungeons must be reduced also +1 for this post.

#6 MonnaLise

MonnaLise

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 550 posts
  • LocationUnder a suspended load
  • Server:The one with Free Premium

Posted 17 June 2015 - 01:58 AM

Energy cost for dungeons were once reduced to 50%. Why did they remove it ?

#7 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts
  • Twitter:@LovatianOwl
  • LocationCaves of Owlverick
  • Server:Le' Forumz

Posted 17 June 2015 - 03:13 AM

Yes, ROSE priority is PvP, they've made that abundantly clear. 

#8 KatsuraKujo

KatsuraKujo

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 744 posts
  • LocationPotato

Posted 17 June 2015 - 06:20 AM

Yes, ROSE priority is PvP, they've made that abundantly clear. 

Even if it is priority, but in order to be good to obtain these items, there is a need for pvm players as well. Even say you don't have a character that solely focus on PvM. People would buy these items (mostly books and exalted if anyone uses them) from these pvm players. If one part of the game isn't working like how it should and causing hurt in that field of gameplay, then the other part of the game would be affected as well, regardless how big or small the difference is.

I don't mean to flame but i'm just saying what i think. Sorry in advance if you didn't mean it that way. I'm just not happy with how ROSE is focused so much, actually too much on pvp and forgot it would also affect pvm players.

#9 LunaXavier

LunaXavier

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 169 posts

Posted 17 June 2015 - 06:59 AM

Akram Arena cost way less energy than doing a single dungeon, and more easy to get honor points. While valor to honor conversion ratio is 5:1. This doesn't make sense. Who is gonna do dg and convert to honor while you can easily get them by doing AA? Getting onto a winning team can just automatically give you 50+pts, which is like equivalent to more than 250 valor points, and the maximum valor you can get from dungeon is less than 250 valor. Something is really wrong here. Seems PvM is more costly than PvP atm. PvM is used to be way more active when the energy costs were significantly reduced..People can just solo queue when they want to, without the fear of risking so much energy on a dg , which can be with or without fs.. I support the reduction on energy for PvM. Dont wreck PvM just because there's more PvP players...

Edited by LunaXavier, 17 June 2015 - 07:13 AM.

#10 TheRealCaNehDa

TheRealCaNehDa

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1140 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 17 June 2015 - 04:22 PM

Personally, I try to keep all my account premium, just so that when there is a good group going on for PVM, I can spam it with either my cleric, or my champ, or my mage, or my bourg, or whatever char is most helpful.... --however. 
It's super annoying to me, even a premium member, to hear a friend that is spamming DG's with me, on two different accounts, that they have to recharge energy, because they ran out on both accounts. 

I support this thread. 

#11 TheRealCaNehDa

TheRealCaNehDa

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1140 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 17 June 2015 - 04:24 PM

I'd also like to suggest that they either fix the bugs in gloopy, or return gloopy to the even more buggy monster he use to be, at least he was killable then. 

It's ridiculously annoying to kill  the first 2 bosses, and then get to the gloopy monster, only to have him bug out, and become invincible. 

Also, the slime floor bugs are abserdly annoying, there is like an unwritten rule to stay 100 meeters away from where you THINK the slime MIGHT be. 

Edited by TheRealCaNehDa, 17 June 2015 - 04:26 PM.

#12 KatsuraKujo

KatsuraKujo

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 744 posts
  • LocationPotato

Posted 17 June 2015 - 05:45 PM

I'd also like to suggest that they either fix the bugs in gloopy, or return gloopy to the even more buggy monster he use to be, at least he was killable then. 

It's ridiculously annoying to kill  the first 2 bosses, and then get to the gloopy monster, only to have him bug out, and become invincible. 

Also, the slime floor bugs are abserdly annoying, there is like an unwritten rule to stay 100 meeters away from where you THINK the slime MIGHT be. 

Gloopy is actually easy if you know how to fight em. The invincibility bug though i agree. I saw it once and honestly i was pretty annoyed by it.

+1 on your last sentence

#13 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 18 June 2015 - 05:44 AM

Again, just as a reminder. You CAN purchase GA Energy in exchange for Valor. Hearing people say "I can't play anymore because I don't have enough energy" always makes me laugh, because the exchange rates allow you to continuously spam the dungeons, while still making a valor point profit. 

Even still, GA Costs should be relevant to a few factors.

Team Size [5 solo, 5 v 5, so on]

Expected level of content

Difficulty

Expected time to complete.

In theory, if it was done correctly. A team of 5 at the expected level of the dungeon, clearing the entire dungeon should take approximately the same amount of time as it takes to recharge the energy cost of said Dungeon. 

This means if you are a 'rush' team, or leaving before the dungeon is complete and all monsters cleared, then you will suffer from energy deficiency.

However, if you playing through the entire dungeon and completing all content, by the time you finish, you should have sufficient energy to play again.

I feel many aspects of the game lack attention, but the features I feel are the most pertinent, are the end game repeatable contents. Like GA modes, Events and the like. 

#14 KatsuraKujo

KatsuraKujo

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 744 posts
  • LocationPotato

Posted 18 June 2015 - 07:47 AM

In theory, if it was done correctly. A team of 5 at the expected level of the dungeon, clearing the entire dungeon should take approximately the same amount of time as it takes to recharge the energy cost of said Dungeon. 

This means if you are a 'rush' team, or leaving before the dungeon is complete and all monsters cleared, then you will suffer from energy deficiency.

However, if you playing through the entire dungeon and completing all content, by the time you finish, you should have sufficient energy to play again.

Actually this is not happening atm. Even for me, cleaning the entire CoU of mobs, i would still suffer from energy deficiency. Just saying

#15 pdfisher

pdfisher

Champion Representative

• Members
  • 5246 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania, in the heart of PA dutch country
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 18 June 2015 - 02:49 PM

Actually this is not happening atm. Even for me, cleaning the entire CoU of mobs, i would still suffer from energy deficiency. Just saying

Are you completing the quests associated with this dungeon also, or just cleaning?

#16 KatsuraKujo

KatsuraKujo

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 744 posts
  • LocationPotato

Posted 18 June 2015 - 05:04 PM

Are you completing the quests associated with this dungeon also, or just cleaning?

I am just cleaning. Even if i was questing. The 3 quest is. Clean certain mobs in the DG, webs which are super obvious where they are, and kill Ulverick which is the entire point of running CoU in the 1st place. Sure it will be a few minutes more to get the webs, but it doesn't make much a difference to me just cleaning everything.

#17 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 18 June 2015 - 09:10 PM

It should be that way doesn't mean it is Miki :P

#18 KatsuraKujo

KatsuraKujo

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 744 posts
  • LocationPotato

Posted 18 June 2015 - 09:33 PM

Fine darn it :v

#19 pdfisher

pdfisher

Champion Representative

• Members
  • 5246 posts

Posted 19 June 2015 - 05:04 AM

I think the one reason why they don't lower the energy cost of dungeons, (btw, the cost did used to be much higher), is that especially now that everyone gets experience in the dungeons, with a lower energy cost the dungeons would become spammable. Then no one would bother leveling in the higher maps. I am not saying that this is for sure the reason, just a thought. Of course, if they would fix Orlo, get rid of all the aoe spots to discourage botters, and perhaps adjust the drop table a little bit, then maybe more would level in the higher maps. Anyway, it's just a theory of mine.

#20 LunaXavier

LunaXavier

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 169 posts

Posted 19 June 2015 - 08:53 AM

I think the one reason why they don't lower the energy cost of dungeons, (btw, the cost did used to be much higher), is that especially now that everyone gets experience in the dungeons, with a lower energy cost the dungeons would become spammable. Then no one would bother leveling in the higher maps. I am not saying that this is for sure the reason, just a thought. Of course, if they would fix Orlo, get rid of all the aoe spots to discourage botters, and perhaps adjust the drop table a little bit, then maybe more would level in the higher maps. Anyway, it's just a theory of mine.

Lvling is already hard and takes forever. Why would you wanna remove aoe spots just to discourage botters? This plan will not only reduce botters but will literally stop all the newbies from lvling in Orlo. Even with the aoe spot, it takes forever to get one level. So what remove aoe spots and let them play actively by killing one mob every 10seconds? What good will this do? Stop bottters? Not even. People will not even bother to lv like that anymore,in fact no one will be in orlo to lv ever because it is not worth the time. About the dg, it is way to hard for new comers. If you try solo queue, its just working and teaching these new players. Not many old players play dg since AA energy cost is so cheap and easy to get honor. People will always go over something thats worth the time. Who cares about botters? There are barely any party in orlo nowadays, removing aoe spots will not solve anything but discourage new players that it is so hard to lv and not worth their time playing. If they could make the dg easier or reduce energy cost or give better valor points upoin finishing a dungeon would be more of a solution than removing aoe spots just to stop botters.

Edited by LunaXavier, 19 June 2015 - 08:54 AM.

#21 pdfisher

pdfisher

Champion Representative

• Members
  • 5246 posts

Posted 19 June 2015 - 01:28 PM

If you read my whole post, you would have noticed I said to FIX ORLO. You know this is the only game I have ever played that even had this huge number of AoE spots, other than dungeons. I am not premium, and honestly, I don't have a problem with the energy cost of dungeons. It's a heck of a lot lower than it used to be. I run several in a row when I can. I do normally do the quests if I can, which causes me to take a little more time. If I do need energy, I can buy it cheap enough at the valor shop. Normally though, one of has to go use the restroom, or go eat or something, so we just take a break, then go at it some more.

#22 LunaXavier

LunaXavier

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 169 posts

Posted 19 June 2015 - 07:49 PM

If you read my whole post, you would have noticed I said to FIX ORLO. You know this is the only game I have ever played that even had this huge number of AoE spots, other than dungeons. I am not premium, and honestly, I don't have a problem with the energy cost of dungeons. It's a heck of a lot lower than it used to be. I run several in a row when I can. I do normally do the quests if I can, which causes me to take a little more time. If I do need energy, I can buy it cheap enough at the valor shop. Normally though, one of has to go use the restroom, or go eat or something, so we just take a break, then go at it some more.

Why fix Orlo when it is not necessary. Huge number of AoE spots? You do know that these spots are not really "AoE Spots" and they required active luring to make it "AoE Spot". Botters do not necessarily accomplish or get anywhere by botting in orlo without active lurer. Sooner or later,they will realize botting is not efficient in orlo. So why bother fixing Orlo when there are plenty of important things to fix and balance.

I'm not saying I have a problem with the energy cost of dungeons. But, of Course there's no problem with the energy cost of dungeons for old players, but the new players however, queuing a dungeon is a risk for them because most of the time dungeons are crawling with raiders and no clerics. Most of them are newbies also. They actually do not have an idea of how the dungeon is, how to play their classes well. New clerics will have a hard time managing their mp and healing. If you actually queue COU and ever run into newbies, be prepared for a very long dungeon just to get approximately 120 valor. But most of the time, newbies abandoned the dungeons and gave up after realizing how hard the dungeon is for them.

This whole idea of reducing Game Arena PvM Cost aims at new comers. Old Players do not have a problem at all since they all have their own elite groups to dg. 

Edited by LunaXavier, 19 June 2015 - 07:50 PM.

#23 yamz

yamz

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 953 posts

Posted 21 June 2015 - 07:59 AM

I agree please reduce the PVM cost.

#24 VisitorX

VisitorX

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 296 posts

Posted 21 June 2015 - 09:15 AM

Suggestion:

- Cave of Ulverick, Hall of Oblivion, Sea of Dawn: Reduce energy cost by 50%

- Sikuku Catacombs: Reduce energy cost by 25%

#25 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 21 June 2015 - 12:53 PM

Tbh, SC should get the biggest reduction in cost, simply because 90% of the groups I had today, only went in for shaman then bailed. This, is DESTROYING my energy caps. And it's going to continue so long as there is EQ rewards given at each of the bosses. It should either get a 66% energy cost [1/3 for each of the 2 skipped bosses] or the rewards should be saved until all 3 are cleared [so you kill all, get all 3 rewards on the last]. It's truly irritating beyond belief to not be able to do the Daily's unless people pre-group or even get the full amount of valor needed to purchase the energy being wasted. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users