Bit of advice for an aspiring GX - Page 22 - Thief Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * - 1 votes

Bit of advice for an aspiring GX

• Please log in to reply
564 replies to this topic

#526 Akupuff

Akupuff

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2790 posts
  • Twitter:@akupuff
  • LocationMexico
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 30 September 2015 - 07:15 AM

What is better to invest on? Pegasus Ear Wing or Pollution BDM?

PEWs cost around 270m now and BDM around 200m with the card. :D

I also got a Temp Agi BP/AD but i really want the LD/AD one :(

Well, they serve totally different purposes :v Can you achieve 193 ASPD easily? How do you want to achieve 193 ASPD? Check the calculator first if the Wings will help you achieve 193 ASPD with your gears. Fillirs Pinions is also a good budget option.

#527 Crocodiledog

Crocodiledog

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 18 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 30 September 2015 - 12:39 PM

stat calc seems to be outdated in irowiki :(

#528 Akupuff

Akupuff

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2790 posts
  • LocationMexico

Posted 30 September 2015 - 01:15 PM

Still useful. :v

#529 SuAvE

SuAvE

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 272 posts
  • Server:THORSUCKS

Posted 30 September 2015 - 11:15 PM

hello im currently leveling my GX since im finish with my RK. i would like to ask from veteran GX out there if Loli Ruri Card is good for mobbing RC GX type or still peco2 for more HP im doing the quest for scaraba 2 hole right now can i survive on that map with this set up?

Spoiler

TIA... :ok:

#530 Crocodiledog

Crocodiledog

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 18 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 30 September 2015 - 11:50 PM

I ended up buying a rogue's treasure instead lol.

Is it ok to put a dark ping card onto the RWH or is Carat really preferred? I was thinking Dping RWH Dping BDM. lol

I was also able to make a SOL Temp Agi. Should I continue to use my tempagi BP or sell it and use the SoL? BP seems to proc way less imo :D

Edited by Crocodiledog, 01 October 2015 - 12:11 AM.

#531 mildcontempt

mildcontempt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3483 posts

Posted 30 September 2015 - 11:51 PM

EDIT: Ninja'd. This post was aimed at SuAvE. 

You should be fine with that (use fire converters or a fire endow; or at the least use enchant poison for extra elemental damage.)

I see you're already trying to trade/buy a +9 rideword, so that'll be good when you do get one. 

While one of the scarabas does have an earth attack, I can't say I ever felt any threat from it. For that reason I'd suggest using an enchanted nab's cloth for extra damage. 

I don't think a loli ruri will matter, so I'd use either a peco or porcellio card. I think when I was in scaraba hall I mostly used an argiope carded nab's cloth tho (poison element) -- not for any real reason other than it being my default armor. My point being, it won't matter much. With EDP up the malicious thanatos + rideword will do the trick just fine, even if the rideword isn't at +9 (I often do many areas/instances that require mobbing just with the malicious thanatos and an eddga for extra damage.)

Make sure to get the bounty boards in el dicastes.

Edited by mildcontempt, 30 September 2015 - 11:53 PM.

#532 SuAvE

SuAvE

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 272 posts

Posted 01 October 2015 - 12:41 AM

EDIT: Ninja'd. This post was aimed at SuAvE. 

You should be fine with that (use fire converters or a fire endow; or at the least use enchant poison for extra elemental damage.)

I see you're already trying to trade/buy a +9 rideword, so that'll be good when you do get one. 

While one of the scarabas does have an earth attack, I can't say I ever felt any threat from it. For that reason I'd suggest using an enchanted nab's cloth for extra damage. 

I don't think a loli ruri will matter, so I'd use either a peco or porcellio card. I think when I was in scaraba hall I mostly used an argiope carded nab's cloth tho (poison element) -- not for any real reason other than it being my default armor. My point being, it won't matter much. With EDP up the malicious thanatos + rideword will do the trick just fine, even if the rideword isn't at +9 (I often do many areas/instances that require mobbing just with the malicious thanatos and an eddga for extra damage.)

Make sure to get the bounty boards in el dicastes.

tnx for this nab cloth with enchant in thor is so OP so im stuck on elemental armor since its cheap XD. how many mobs u can handle in scaraba hole 2? when im in scaraba hole 1 around 6 to 8 mobs im getting wreck idk why im wearing a earth elemental armor[1] clean i can tank the damage but the lifesteal is a meh(in my opinion) maybe becuz my RWH is only +7? or maybe becuz the mobs die so fast, there's no more chance to proc the lifesteal EDP+Fire elem converter?  still a newbie on this type of build.

#533 mildcontempt

mildcontempt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3483 posts

Posted 01 October 2015 - 12:56 AM

tnx for this nab cloth with enchant in thor is so OP so im stuck on elemental armor since its cheap XD. how many mobs u can handle in scaraba hole 2? when im in scaraba hole 1 around 6 to 8 mobs im getting wreck idk why im wearing a earth elemental armor[1] clean i can tank the damage but the lifesteal is a meh(in my opinion) maybe becuz my RWH is only +7? or maybe becuz the mobs die so fast, there's no more chance to proc the lifesteal EDP+Fire elem converter?  still a newbie on this type of build.

For a nab's cloth, I'd recommend doing hazy runs. At your level, they are pretty easy to do (and the monsters give decent xp). Even if only just to do the daily quests for the 2x coins. Enchanting them may be a decent way to make some money too, if they're priced high.

As for the HP leech... I can't say I ever had a problem in any place other than the nightmare clock tower (and even then, only when over mobbing). The rideword, when upgraded, will increase how much HP you get back but won't change the proc rate. Part of the issue may also be your ASPD -- you're probably getting 2.x RCs per second, getting that up higher will increase how often you hit and so the frequency of you proccing the healing per 'mob'. 

IMO high damage is good as you want to not only kill fast but to get as much hp per proc as possible. 

One thing I can recommend is to backslide from mobs and let them walk into your rolling cutter AOE. This will get you a free hit or two on the mob, and gives you a chance to run away or go into cloaking exceed if things are too dicey. 

Once you feel comfortable, it may be worthwhile to do some old glast heim runs and make yourself some temporal stat boots as well. I'm guessing those will be very expensive on Thor for some time, so it would probably be best to make your own. IMO you should be able to do that currently -- but you could always wait a few levels if you are uncertain. 

#534 SuAvE

SuAvE

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 272 posts

Posted 01 October 2015 - 01:25 AM

For a nab's cloth, I'd recommend doing hazy runs. At your level, they are pretty easy to do (and the monsters give decent xp). Even if only just to do the daily quests for the 2x coins. Enchanting them may be a decent way to make some money too, if they're priced high.

As for the HP leech... I can't say I ever had a problem in any place other than the nightmare clock tower (and even then, only when over mobbing). The rideword, when upgraded, will increase how much HP you get back but won't change the proc rate. Part of the issue may also be your ASPD -- you're probably getting 2.x RCs per second, getting that up higher will increase how often you hit and so the frequency of you proccing the healing per 'mob'. 

IMO high damage is good as you want to not only kill fast but to get as much hp per proc as possible. 

One thing I can recommend is to backslide from mobs and let them walk into your rolling cutter AOE. This will get you a free hit or two on the mob, and gives you a chance to run away or go into cloaking exceed if things are too dicey. 

Once you feel comfortable, it may be worthwhile to do some old glast heim runs and make yourself some temporal stat boots as well. I'm guessing those will be very expensive on Thor for some time, so it would probably be best to make your own. IMO you should be able to do that currently -- but you could always wait a few levels if you are uncertain. 

tnx ill try your suggestion... :thx:  my aspd is 184 awakes only still not enough?... :sob:  

#535 mildcontempt

mildcontempt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3483 posts

Posted 01 October 2015 - 01:37 AM

The closer to 190, the better. 

Depending on which stat you want to 120 (if any), you can use the attack delay enchant on the temporal stat boots to get more ASPD. 

#536 SuAvE

SuAvE

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 272 posts

Posted 01 October 2015 - 02:15 AM

The closer to 190, the better. 

Depending on which stat you want to 120 (if any), you can use the attack delay enchant on the temporal stat boots to get more ASPD. 

well i think i need a bakotats for that XD tnx again for the guide... :thx:

#537 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 01 October 2015 - 04:14 AM

Loli ruri os an absolutelly NO for gx, or any class that needs to constant cast skills. Whenever it procs it will activate the cast delay of heal, making it impossible to cast any other skill, in gx case, you cant use rolling cutter.

#538 SuAvE

SuAvE

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 272 posts

Posted 01 October 2015 - 04:51 PM

Loli ruri os an absolutelly NO for gx, or any class that needs to constant cast skills. Whenever it procs it will activate the cast delay of heal, making it impossible to cast any other skill, in gx case, you cant use rolling cutter.

tnx for this info idk that XD... :p_sick:

#539 Lazaruce

Lazaruce

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2171 posts
  • LocationLabyrinth Inside Forsaken Eternity (L.I.F.E)
  • Server:Thor

Posted 03 October 2015 - 09:11 AM

The last time I computed, you can get 2 120 stats by 175 right?

If I stay RC till end game , what other stat would you rather get : agi/vit/luk ?

I'm thinking on getting agi since I can get Lucky day proc to boost my luck in case I have to switch to DD-DA

Thoughts on this ?

#540 Akupuff

Akupuff

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2790 posts
  • LocationMexico

Posted 03 October 2015 - 09:17 AM

I see most of the build choose 120 STR and 120 AGI if going the 2x 120 leveling road, 120 LUK/AGI for DD Crit. I like the more hybrid option of 120 AGI, 100 STR, 90 VIT, 90 DEX and 90 LUK when DD crit is not an option. Gives you chance of playing both RC and DA DD really nicely and squeezes the most out of HBP :3

#541 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 03 October 2015 - 10:05 AM

120 agi/str is the most general 2x 120 stat you can get, you wont do wonderfull crit damage due to not having temp luk bonus but both your skills and DD DA are good.

120 agi/luk is prefered by DD crit builds since it makes much more easier to achieve 193 aspd while dual wielding and grants you the temp luk bonus.

120 str/luk is good for katar crit builds since you dont need crit rate gears in general and its easier to achieve high aspd with katar. This "can" be used on DD crit builds if you have access to megs, but you need to be able to achieve 193 somehow, wich is pretty hard with the missing bakos(assuming all other gears are focused on damage)

120 int, no, never

120 vit, just for the hp bonus, more used for pvp/woe builds, but you aint gonna see a gx using temp vit boots, its basically useless.

120 dex. Debatable. I'd say you can have it on 2 builds, but just these 2, otherwise its a waste. 1st would be a full suport poison gx, decreasing the fixed cast of poison cloud. Other would be one that i talked a bit a while ago, wich is a dedicated instant cast Soul Destroyer build, still not really worth since the cast time is already minimal and you would be better focusing on damage.

#542 Lazaruce

Lazaruce

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2171 posts

Posted 03 October 2015 - 12:32 PM

Thanks fer the feedback .

I'm stuck between 120 str/luk or str/agi . I don't have enough funds to go DD Crit so swapping with the available gears that's close to what I currently have and it has been good enough so far on my instance runs (OGH/Jitterbug/Devil's Tower/Hazy Forest) . Still @ 168 so I'll give it a good thought.

#543 Crocodiledog

Crocodiledog

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 18 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 04 October 2015 - 05:01 AM

Hi guys! I just hit 150 today :D

Just wanted to ask where to go next? Scaraba hall still gives 6% pero turn in with a BMX3. So just doing Scaraba hall 2 150/150 gives 12% :D

I also wanted to ask how to increase RC damage? I tried doing OGH and my RC only does around 10-12k dmg to the raydrics while my guildie does 15-16k.

Apart from fire armor, what other usefull armors can I bring to OGH?

Currents stats:

100str 114agi 100vit 1int 70dex 30luk 190aspd

+9 Peerless RWH

Pollution BDM/Dark Blinder

Jinn Marin Balloon

+4 Nab Cloth of Wildcat (no enchants)/Nab Cloth of Ifrit FS3FS1Str3

+7 Malicious T.Katar

+9 iHBP/+9FAW AD3AD2AD1 (uncarded)

+5 TempAgi LD/AD

2x Bako Tatts (yeah i know, but my guildies let me borrow theirs for the meantime. lucky me :D)

Thanks for the advices :D

#544 Lazaruce

Lazaruce

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2171 posts

Posted 04 October 2015 - 06:38 AM

Congrats!

I recommend bifrost 2 for TIs on cenere and antique books. They are less tougher than nightmare clock tower so ya should be fine there. You may bring water converters to handle red lichterns quicker and have decent damage against green lichterns(ghost) . Run some instances too from time to time :D (grinding can be boring sometimes :wah: )

#545 ZanRen

ZanRen

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 840 posts
  • LocationTustin, CA

Posted 04 October 2015 - 11:58 AM

on that note^

i just hit 141. should I stay at scarab2 for now?? or can i go grind at bifrost 2?? right now i can do 2 TI on scarab 2 per bmx3. still not sure how i would fare at bifrost 2. i plan on trying it there if its better than scarab right now at my lvl since most people say i should stay at scarab until around 150-160.

thanks

#546 DeadIntern

DeadIntern

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1725 posts
  • Server:Renewal - Chaos

Posted 04 October 2015 - 02:52 PM

@crocodiledog: if you are going to RC, then it'll be best if you wnchant the FAW with FS first. Then get a temp boots with FS enchants. Those 2 items should be able to boost your damage slightly.

You can also get aspersio scrolls if you're soloing, or inverse scale with FS enchants, or tag with an AB friend to give you aspersio buff.

#547 Crocodiledog

Crocodiledog

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 18 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 05 October 2015 - 03:56 AM

@crocodiledog: if you are going to RC, then it'll be best if you wnchant the FAW with FS first. Then get a temp boots with FS enchants. Those 2 items should be able to boost your damage slightly.

You can also get aspersio scrolls if you're soloing, or inverse scale with FS enchants, or tag with an AB friend to give you aspersio buff.

where do i get aspersio scrolls? :D

#548 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 05 October 2015 - 03:57 AM

Kafra shop

#549 MisterWrong

MisterWrong

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 195 posts

Posted 05 October 2015 - 01:36 PM

hello im currently leveling my GX since im finish with my RK. i would like to ask from veteran GX out there if Loli Ruri Card is good for mobbing RC GX type or still peco2 for more HP im doing the quest for scaraba 2 hole right now can i survive on that map with this set up?

Spoiler

TIA... :ok:

You don need Lori card, you don´t have much int, it wouldn´t heal much. I´d say get your RWH to +9, whenever you EDP, you will get your hp back with easy mode. 

#550 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

10,000 posts and not even a Tiki-Shirt.

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 06 October 2015 - 05:03 AM

as Ash already stated, the loli ruri card will get the OP killed due to skill delay. unless you're ctrl clicking everything loli ruri is a terrible card to use.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users