Tiki Tuesday Q&A Peter Falk Memorial Thread for 6/23 - Bahooka Tiki Lounge - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Tiki Tuesday Q&A Peter Falk Memorial Thread for 6/23

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
26 replies to this topic

#1 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 22 June 2015 - 08:10 AM

Here's the place to ask your questions for this week's stream as we return to a more normal schedule! Going to try some things to tighten it up a bit before we go live at 3pm PDT. 

Today we remember my the actor who played my favorite all time TV character. As the rumpled but brilliant detective Columbo, Peter Falk brought gravitas and a gentle nature to the normally hard boiled world of TV detective shows. He doesn't have to torture a suspect to get them to confess, only politely annoy them until they can't help but make a crucial mistake or admit their crime. Most of his targets are the rich and powerful, intelligent people who humor Columbo's increasingly specific questions and don't realize that he's closing in on them. Peter Falk built the role from whole cloth, introducing the hallmark mannerisms, appearance and personality of the great detective over decades of movie-length episodes. 

Must read: http://the-toast.net...se-for-columbo/

#2 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

10,000 posts and not even a Tiki-Shirt.

• Members
  • 13389 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 22 June 2015 - 08:13 AM

hey Oda,

1) any word on whether we'll be getting any additional anniversary quests in (e.g. the red beret quest or other anniversary quests), and how long they'll be around for since we're nearing the end of the month anyway?

2) will you have a chance to look at increasing the exp rewards from adventurer guild boards? what's the current formula like?

Edited by Necrohealiac, 23 June 2015 - 05:11 AM.

#3 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

Disney Prince in Disguise

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia
  • Server:Chaos, on hiatus

Posted 22 June 2015 - 08:19 AM

please take a look at my proposal to improve woe investment system
http://forums.warppo...woe-investment/

and eden quest expansion
http://forums.warppo...-150-expansion/

thanks

#4 DonatoX

DonatoX

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3097 posts

Posted 22 June 2015 - 08:23 AM

Hi Oda, 

1. What we have to do about the ticket system? Since GM got a tons of tickets already and we have to wait for at least 2 weeks right now to get the first reply. and It might be longer in the future. 

We're working to get initial response speed increased, but there's still an issue with tougher issues taking a long time to get clear. With a large number of the disconnection tickets being resolved this should help to get a faster response to other issues form the GMs.

2. I always see a lot of bots everyday at Payon field and Pyramid dun 3. What are you going to do about it?

Please post in the airstrike thread, I will push for GMs to do more hunting when the queue's down. 

Thank you 

#5 Jeneeus

Jeneeus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2163 posts
  • LocationEden Kitchen
  • Server:Anti-Chaos

Posted 22 June 2015 - 09:09 AM

A few questions though:

1. Will there be any fix on the disappearing pet bug after the Thor fix? Right now, the pets will disappeared even when not in the instance.

Are these pets that were migrated from pRO or were they tamed on Thor?

1. So I stumbled upon these items on Thor that only has the word "placeholder" either in its name or description like Parade Hat (same design as the white Eden Hat) and some other equipment. Will there be a specific description and effects for these items? By the way, here is the description (based from kRO, euRO, and dpRO on divine-pride) on the item I gave as an example:
    Spoiler

These headgears will eventually be evaluated to give it proper effects and descriptions, which will usually match what info we receive from kRO. 

1. What will happen to the unwiped MVP cards from pRO? Does it affect the MVP cards that picked up in Thor?

We are able to tell the difference between unwiped cards and newly picked up ones in our logs so we would not be removing new ones. 

Edited by Oda, 23 June 2015 - 12:18 PM.

#6 meli

meli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2688 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 22 June 2015 - 10:30 AM

Do you think woe should be centered about who can alt more warlocks and mechanics in woe?

You can't even dual characters in kRO, and quoting Inubashiri if a problem doesn't exist in their servers we don't get fixes for it here, what will you do?

http://forums.warppo...ills/?p=2186375

http://forums.warppo...ills/?p=2188617

We are pushing kRO to add resistances to stasis if they won't make it not go through walls.  

Edited by Oda, 23 June 2015 - 12:23 PM.

#7 FatDrunknSTUPlD

FatDrunknSTUPlD

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 399 posts
  • LocationBurbank Buy More
  • Server:iRO Beta Server

Posted 22 June 2015 - 02:51 PM

QUESTIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1. about that fallen recovery thing saying that you shouldnt be touching the character/s, does that mean the newly created novice alone or does it include that fallen character also? ignore this, this has been answered

2. why is it that iRO doest have other pvp rooms like 31~40 , 41~50 etc? i kinda wanted that pvp that limits people at 99 (for trans/extended people) and is it possible to remove lvl 31 level limit for pvp? or open a PK enabled map so i can finally pvp this again

. does trashtalking(in pvp only) considered as being "ill-mannered" because i know people(friends and sometimes myself) who TT all the time, would they/we be punishable for being ill mannered? its just kinda too normal for pvp IMO but sometimes people just get to bitter 

Trash talk is something that is usually looked at on a case by case basis when reports come in. Use of profanity, racist/sexist slurs are more likely to result in temporary block from the game. 

We can look at adding additional PVP rooms to the game. For PK maps, we would need to have a discussion with the community about how many people would actually use these maps vs. possible inconvenience to people who don't want a PVP experience there. 

Edited by Oda, 23 June 2015 - 12:13 PM.

#8 Rinya

Rinya

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 22 June 2015 - 02:58 PM

Please fix the Harpy and Parasite card issue about the cards do.

Harpy and Paraste card effects are these:

Tested. It doesn't give you any neutral element resistance. It gives you resistance to formless race (very noticeable combined with penomena shield).

3d glasses reduce damage from neutral element attacks. Parasite card reduces damage from formless race.

3d glasses: AddAttrTolerace PROPERTY_Nothing 5
tatacho card: SubDamage_Property User PROPERTY_Nothing 20
parasite card: AddRaceTolerace RACE_Nothing 5

For comparison:

raydric card: AddAttrTolerace PROPERTY_Nothing 20
aqua elemental card: SubDamage_Property User PROPERTY_Water 20
penomena card: AddRaceTolerace RACE_Nothing 30

However, In the KRO site about items infos:

Raydric Card

http://ro.gnjoy.com/...emSeq=5&ID=4133

Harpy Card
http://ro.gnjoy.com/...emSeq=5&ID=4325
Parasite Card
http://ro.gnjoy.com/...emSeq=5&ID=4309

They are all have "무속성 공격에 대한 내성 XX%."
They should've worked all the same. So, the descriptions are not wrong, but the card effects are.

I have posted the bug report here
http://forums.warppo...swer from Jaye:

...yes...

Link them to this page as well. This is the kRO maint bulletin that mentions the fix.

http://ro.gnjoy.com/...6168&curpage=29

Seems like, KRO fixed this issues for a really long time ago.

Please fix this, it's serious. Card system is the unique feature of this game. 

We can start creating bug reports for sending to the development team. 

Edited by Oda, 23 June 2015 - 12:11 PM.

#9 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 22 June 2015 - 03:39 PM

Hi Oda

Any progress on the bbcode~?

#10 1392140604170018137

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 839 posts

Posted 22 June 2015 - 05:11 PM

How much longer will the prontera costume pack be in the kafra store?

Also the May groove pack still seems to be available for sale. Is that intended?

The groove pack will be leaving this week. 

The PCP will leave in July. 

Edited by Oda, 23 June 2015 - 12:10 PM.

#11 zune43012

zune43012

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 22 June 2015 - 07:16 PM

QUESTIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1. about that fallen recovery thing saying that you shouldnt be touching the character/s, does that mean the newly created novice alone or does it include that fallen character also?

According to Oda, the newly created novice or the designated carrier char  is the only one you shouldn't touch. Here is the link to that:

http://forums.warppo...n-thread/page-9

You can completely still use the account, the only character that you wouldn't want to touch is the novice or a character you designate on the account to be the holder. This character would have their inventory and quest variables completely overwritten so that is the character you would not want to modify. 

#12 FatDrunknSTUPlD

FatDrunknSTUPlD

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 399 posts

Posted 22 June 2015 - 08:39 PM

According to Oda, the newly created novice or the designated carrier char  is the only one you shouldn't touch. Here is the link to that:

thanks, so oda already clarified it just recently, that post wasnt there before tho, again thanks

#13 tamagotchi3890

tamagotchi3890

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 260 posts

Posted 22 June 2015 - 10:11 PM

Greetings, CM Oda!

Questions about Fallen Recovery:

• If I have more than 1 fallen character, then I have to create more than 1 placeholder novice. Therefore, the ratio of fallen character and placeholder novice is 1. Chayt3p.gif. The statement is correct, isn't it?
  • If the fallen character has the inventory weight of more than 2000 units (> 2000) and the maximum total weight of the placeholder novice is 2000 units, then the placeholder novice cannot hold the weight more than 2000 units. Assume that the fallen character has the inventory weight of 3750 units and the total weight of placeholder novice is 2000 units. The placeholder novice can hold the inventory weight of 2000 units, what will you do to the remaining 1750 units?

Other question:

• I remembered when I played pRO, Kafra in Port Malaya wore Baro't Saya.

In speaking of portrait, I realized that the Malaya's Kafra doesn't have a portrait here but there is one before in pRO. :heh:

Spoiler

The said portrait in Port Malaya does not exist on iRO servers. When will the portraits of NPC in Port Malaya be appeared/released/existed?

Thank you.

There are some art assets local to versions like pRO or jRO that we are not able to obtain. I believe we asked about that NPC but I'm not sure it was kRO created. 

As for the placeholder novice we are able to add items beyond the weight limit of a character. 

#14 FatDrunknSTUPlD

FatDrunknSTUPlD

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 399 posts

Posted 23 June 2015 - 12:21 AM

Greetings, CM Oda!

Questions about Fallen Recovery:

• If the fallen character has the inventory weight of more than 2000 units (> 2000) and the maximum total weight of the placeholder novice is 2000 units, then the placeholder novice cannot hold the weight more than 2000 units. Assume that the fallen character has the inventory weight of 3750 units and the total weight of placeholder novice is 2000 units. The placeholder novice can hold the inventory weight of 2000 units, what will you do to the remaining 1750 units?

they can push weight limits 

proof 

Spoiler

#15 Varmundt

Varmundt

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 506 posts

Posted 23 June 2015 - 12:38 AM

can we add acid bottle/ grenade bottle to the 12th anniversary npc exchanger since it's her last week?

Not this year. 

#16 CountVan

CountVan

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 61 posts
  • Server:Thor

Posted 23 June 2015 - 05:21 AM

Please reset ranger job change npc in Thor. People can't go past teh chatroom.

We have reset the NPC! Thank you for your patience. 

Edited by Oda, 23 June 2015 - 12:04 PM.

#17 IronFist

IronFist

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1547 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand, Beach

Posted 23 June 2015 - 08:18 AM

Why can't i cast hocus-pocus in guild dungeons and abyss hall?

The ability to poly-morph unwanted monsters on rarely used maps is required to hunt efficiently.

Unfortunately we had to disable this skill in certain areas due to abuse. 

#18 1392140604170018137

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 839 posts

Posted 23 June 2015 - 08:31 AM

Why can't i cast hocus-pocus in guild dungeons and abyss hall?
The ability to poly-morph unwanted monsters on rarely used maps is required to hunt efficiently.

Since when is poly morphing an efficient way to hunt? This makes no sense. Keep your hocus pocus out of dungeons where people actually visit to do real hunting.

#19 Varmundt

Varmundt

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 506 posts

Posted 23 June 2015 - 09:07 AM

can you please add more quantities in getting 12th anniversary rewards. ex. 150 awakening potions for 200 coupons

Edited by 3136150201210951703, 23 June 2015 - 09:08 AM.

#20 Erydanos

Erydanos

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1159 posts

Posted 23 June 2015 - 10:47 AM

Hi Oda!  :p_idea:

I'm sure you guys are swamped with questions and requests, but I wanted to ask if there's any plans to implement the 11th Anniversary quest (2014) like you guys intended originally for the June 10 maintenance?

Also...will we be able to have the new hairstyles that pRO already had?

Waiting to hear from you guys!  :p_smile:

Do you have any good screenshots/db entries for the pRO hairstyles we are missing? We should be able to implement the 11th anniversary event, slightly modified. We won't be using the monsters from last year, but we can make the drops needed obtainable from the crystals ingame for the 12th anniversary event. 

Here are some images of the hairstyles:

Female: ROHair_Female01_zpskseuhuja.pngROHair_Female02_zpske9knr05.png

Male: ROHair_Male01_zps2gcabxbv.pngROHair_Male02_zpsiagj928q.png

Edited by Erydanos, 23 June 2015 - 12:39 PM.

#21 FatDrunknSTUPlD

FatDrunknSTUPlD

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 399 posts

Posted 23 June 2015 - 11:05 AM

Please reset ranger job change npc in Thor. People can't go past teh chatroom.

done. here

Spoiler

about PST vs PHT time, camp shouted this like 2am PHT, most people would already be asleep, a friend of mine who filed a ticket about EWL got pm'd by a gm at dawn and my friend was sleeping and they kinda messed up putting EWL on the right chacater

so another question, is it kinda possible for things like this to atleast happen in the morning? where atleast some people are awake, i know its kinda asking too much but i hope you guys find something for this or whatnot

Right now, we're pushing for the GM Team to focus as much energy as possible on reading tickets and getting issues resolved, so some things that require NPC access will be things that the Production team will be fastest to respond to . Eventually we would like to get guides for resetting quest NPCs to the GM Team once the queue is lower. 

#22 beaupoem

beaupoem

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4239 posts
  • LocationMora

Posted 23 June 2015 - 11:16 AM

can you unstick my char from hazy? char name Drugzzz

#23 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

10,000 posts and not even a Tiki-Shirt.

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 23 June 2015 - 11:37 AM

can you unstick my char from hazy? char name Drugzzz

dun forget to post here too:

http://forums.warppo...-station/page-5

#24 beaupoem

beaupoem

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4239 posts
  • LocationMora

Posted 23 June 2015 - 11:49 AM

dun forget to post here too:

http://forums.warppo...-station/page-5

lol thanks. i didn't know there was a thread for that. my first time T_T

#25 CountVan

CountVan

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 61 posts
  • Server:Thor

Posted 23 June 2015 - 12:25 PM

done. here

Spoiler

Saw this, was excited for a moment until I tried to do the quest again and found 2 other sniper stuck with teh same npc. Still broken. May have to wait until maintenance where everything gets restarted unless they would restart the server as soon as possible.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users