6/24 Classic Maintenance - Loki Classic Patch Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

6/24 Classic Maintenance

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#1 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 22 June 2015 - 03:38 PM

Event

Going to test past anniversary quests for compatability, any particular ones you want to see brought back?

PVP/BG Announcer NPC will now have a much shorter 1 hour cooldown

Update

Challenge dungeon updates! New map, different monsters! We'll likely be testing out these with drop-less monsters this week and add drops depending on the feedback this week. Updates coming next week!

#2 Themes

Themes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1412 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 22 June 2015 - 03:50 PM

Please look at changing the quest Morroc map (moc_fild21) to no longer be PvP. People have been using the BG blues on the map to farm there and it's a little bit silly.

As for the Anniversary, I'd like to see anything that would bring back old hats that we cant really get very easily right now. The Orc event was pretty fun IMO and had the Vintage Orc Helms (although these have been available from a source or two since then). The Red Beret event from last year was also pretty good, you probably dont even need to flood the maps with spawns for them as most people would prefer to kill Maya instead of adding more monsters for you guys to balance.

Cool beans about the Challenge Dungeon, exciting to see some movement on that front.

Also I just posted this in the other thread about Guild Dungeon spawns/drops!

Spoiler

Edited by Themes, 22 June 2015 - 03:50 PM.

#3 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts

Posted 22 June 2015 - 04:07 PM

Please look at changing the quest Morroc map (moc_fild21) to no longer be PvP. People have been using the BG blues on the map to farm there and it's a little bit silly.

Went into DG the other day and noticed that WoE Blues from Battlegrounds are usable in there. Being infinitely farmable with no zeny down, there's room for abuse in allowing that.

Just wondering if it was intended.

Oda didn't respond to me about it when I brought it up the other day so I guess it was intended :/

#4 lxst

lxst

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 491 posts
  • LocationDetroit, Mi, USA
  • Server:Classic/RT

Posted 22 June 2015 - 05:46 PM

everything sounds good but i have to ask again. what is a challenge dungeon?

unfortunately i've never seen an iro event soooo ANY OF THEM! YA!

oh, and anyone know where a full list of available pets is? if you compare the wiki to whats been sold via ragial its apparent the list is short.

on a side note, and i havent seen this myself mind you. a pal of mine said that fabre's (sp? the little green caterpillar things in training grounds) arent spawning where there suposed to. he said he checked the 5? maps there supposed to spawn on looking for fluff. for a job change quest. ended up making a new toon and getting it from the training ground because that was easyer.

thx everyone for there time. c-ya in game :)

#5 Ambur

Ambur

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3403 posts
  • LocationNevada
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 22 June 2015 - 06:12 PM

The Red Beret event from last year was also pretty good, you probably dont even need to flood the maps with spawns for them as most people would prefer to kill Maya instead of adding more monsters for you guys to balance.

Would keep the Scaraba spawns. The ants are more noob friendly but are very time consuming to farm, the scaraba is the harder spawn for when you can't camp/find Maya though. x) It took them a bit of fixing up last year to get them all working right [some weeks], so thankfully it's not a major trial n error again.

#6 Themes

Themes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1412 posts

Posted 22 June 2015 - 06:22 PM

everything sounds good but i have to ask again. what is a challenge dungeon?

unfortunately i've never seen an iro event soooo ANY OF THEM! YA!

oh, and anyone know where a full list of available pets is? if you compare the wiki to whats been sold via ragial its apparent the list is short.

on a side note, and i havent seen this myself mind you. a pal of mine said that fabre's (sp? the little green caterpillar things in training grounds) arent spawning where there suposed to. he said he checked the 5? maps there supposed to spawn on looking for fluff. for a job change quest. ended up making a new toon and getting it from the training ground because that was easyer.

thx everyone for there time. c-ya in game :)

The Challenge Dungeon is iRO exclusive content added by our development team, it's there to help give players new places to go/see/kill as we're right at the end of the standard pre-renewal content. We've had a couple so far, there's one currently half implemented you can head over behind the Prontera Church to the grave with a dark aura, the things in there hit very hard but dont have any drops. We're currently working on getting a new one properly done so people will visit it.

There is no complete list of pets, ragial + irowiki is the list. As for the passive buffs only the ones on the wiki are probably working, although I'm sure if required to the GMs could implement most of the Renewal pet bonuses.

Yes Fabres not being present on some of the maps is a known issue. They have an ability called Metamorphosis which gives them a chance to turn into a Creamy. If none of the Creamys are killed then you end up with a map full of Creamys and zero Fabres. Not sure what the best way is to solve it honestly, may just be best to remove Metamorphosis from the Fabre skill list or spawn some of the training ground Fabres in small amounts near the Geffen maps (although with them being aggressive it may get confusing).

Edit: Yeah I forgot about the small insects, those are probably fairly simple. But the Scaraba stuff was miserable. However I think part of the problem with that event is that those monsterIDs have already been reassigned to other things (Nidhogg/Challenge Dungeon) so they cant just make all 7-8 of them reappear quite so easily.

Edited by Themes, 22 June 2015 - 06:24 PM.

#7 Ambur

Ambur

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3403 posts
  • LocationNevada
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 22 June 2015 - 10:25 PM

Ah I see. Those mobs weren't so bad after they got fixed. For scaraba we just did lex -> fist -> inn -> repeat. Quicker than ants and I sucked at finding Maya. I think there was some other party methods/solo ways though. But if they are completely gone then I dunno. :( Just hope it doesn't take as long to fix up quest quirks this time.

#8 Ramses

Ramses

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 861 posts

Posted 22 June 2015 - 11:43 PM

Themes, where can we find the drop info you just showed?.

#9 Naman18Tandon

Naman18Tandon

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 413 posts

Posted 22 June 2015 - 11:56 PM

Oda, please add banana beret, magic eyes, neko Mimi, gelato hat, orange in mouth to boxter .
Your loving,
Chicken

#10 Pika

Pika

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 23 June 2015 - 12:10 AM

Event

Going to test past anniversary quests for compatability, any particular ones you want to see brought back?

Well, the best All-in-One pre-Renewal Anniversary Event was during the 6th Anniversary back in 2009. It's a kill-count/fetching quest for a plethora of past Anniversary Event headgear rewards (those from 2005~2008) and also a brand new one for 2009 itself after completing the 4 parts quest that was implemented on a weekly basis.

From my record, the rewards for Anniversary Events were as follows:

Pre-Renewal

2004: Nile Rose [1]

2005: Baseball Cap [1]

2006: (sorry, my memory failed me at this one)

2007: Pirate Dagger

2008: Brown Paper Bag Hat & Purple Cowboy Hat [1]

2009: Crown of Deceit [1] (also the return of Brown Paper Bag Hat, Purple Cowboy Hat [1], Pirate Dagger, Baseball Cap [1])

2010: Crown of Deceit [1] (updated effects), Brown Paper Bag Hat, Purple Cowboy Hat [1], Pirate Dagger, Baseball Cap [1])

Renewal hits main servers

Renewal

2011: Yggdrasil Crown

Classic

2012: None (Classic was launched on 29th June 2012, around 10:30pm PST)

2013: Vintage Orc Helm [1] & Ethereal Orc Boots (part of Poring Festival Event)

2014: Red Beret

2015: (still pending)

So its up to the GMs to see if which of those quests would you guys like to bring back to the servers, as for the choice of rewards... I think it's best we get a vote by show of hands, some headgear rewards may be a sensitive issue among the community.

On another note, I'd like to thank the GMs for referring to my list of old headgears to be implemented into the Lucky Box, you guys are almost there, just remember to consult the community to see if they actually wanted those headgears.

Postscript

Personal request:

1) Can we get the Hunter's Cap [1] made unbound?

2) Also, mind looking into the issue of the Kafra Stacker not properly stacking the Job (Battle) Manuals?

3) Would like to ask that the angry mobs invading Izlude as part of the Talk like a Pirate's Day quest be moved to invade Byalan Island instead? New players are finding it hard to get their Novices into the Swordman Guild for job changing purposes.

Guess that's all for now, thank you GMs and also the community for keeping the server alive and kicking.

Edited by Pika, 23 June 2015 - 12:16 AM.

#11 Xandyzor

Xandyzor

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 610 posts
  • LocationBrazil
  • Server:Ragnarok Transcendence

Posted 23 June 2015 - 05:02 AM

Put this in Boxter:

Banana Beret

Neko Mimi Kafra

Magic Eyes

Orange in Mouth

Gelato Hat

#12 Naman18Tandon

Naman18Tandon

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 413 posts

Posted 23 June 2015 - 06:28 AM

Put this in Boxter:

Banana Beret
Neko Mimi Kafra
Magic Eyes
Orange in Mouth
Gelato Hat

The love!

#13 Themes

Themes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1412 posts

Posted 23 June 2015 - 01:08 PM

Themes, where can we find the drop info you just showed?.

It's here. I'm waiting on Oda to give us a list of item name to itemID lists the way he did with monsters before I update the irowiki classic db. But soon as I get that it should be fairly easy to do.

#14 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 23 June 2015 - 02:26 PM

Sure, we'll check that out. Not an intended behavior. 

#15 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts

Posted 23 June 2015 - 04:34 PM

Sure, we'll check that out. Not an intended behavior. 

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

#16 Gn1ydnu

Gn1ydnu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2077 posts
  • LocationBoston
  • Server:Classic

Posted 23 June 2015 - 06:40 PM

Event

Spare Cards

#17 Pika

Pika

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 23 June 2015 - 08:41 PM

Event

Spare Cards

I really like those Spare Cards too, its a shame that there were some bot abuse issues linked to the use and effect of the headgear.

Also, its was from April's Fool 2009 Event and not from a past Anniversary Event.

Edited by Pika, 23 June 2015 - 08:43 PM.

#18 kruim21

kruim21

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 151 posts

Posted 24 June 2015 - 01:34 AM

make Icaru wing obtainable plz

#19 Psicratus

Psicratus

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 112 posts
  • LocationBrazil, land of the hue
  • Server:The nostalgic one

Posted 24 June 2015 - 04:35 AM

Postscript

Personal request:

1) Can we get the Hunter's Cap [1] made unbound?

2) Also, mind looking into the issue of the Kafra Stacker not properly stacking the Job (Battle) Manuals?

3) Would like to ask that the angry mobs invading Izlude as part of the Talk like a Pirate's Day quest be moved to invade Byalan Island instead? New players are finding it hard to get their Novices into the Swordman Guild for job changing purposes.

Guess that's all for now, thank you GMs and also the community for keeping the server alive and kicking.

a y y  l m a o
y
y

l
m
a
o

The new players - to whom i'm sure you spend a lot of time talking to and listening to their needs and views of the world - are indeed having serious issues on becoming swordman when there is a NPC that takes you automatically to inside the guild.

I'm sure your charitable heart also aches for those dedicated players that keep dieing on the respawn point, yet they keep sitting and don't say a word, then go to work at byalan island.

#20 TsubasaWingz

TsubasaWingz

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 101 posts

Posted 24 June 2015 - 06:54 AM

^
It is indeed too late to change anything now but the GMs should have at least learned to tweak the quest a little as this isn't anything new. It happened back in 2012 when the quest was first implemented.

What I would like to respond to the poster above is that aren't we desperately looking for more new players to join the server? We shouldn't be punishing low leveled players for what a few botters are doing on the servers.

I, on one hand, do not believe that botters will resort to ask for real players to help clear the mobs to ease their bot farming activities. I'm pretty sure bot farmers are those with secret fully geared main characters that can help them clean the maps if they wanted to or if they don't have that, they will just resort to waiting for the GMs to take the event off when they are scheduled to end.

On the other hand, I believe that not all new players know prefectly well which direction or where to head to when they start the game, couldn't we just give them the benefit of the doubt? They may very well be desperately wanting to get into the swordman guild, who knows? Are we going to shake them off because they have no fancy gears or be of significant use in the meantime? I seriuosly hope the community has more compassion than that.

#21 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 24 June 2015 - 07:18 AM

The monsters also spawn in Alberta, in a specific area near the docks. The map is large enough to be avoidable, whereas monsters spawning in Izlude is not. 

#22 iROLee

iROLee

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 102 posts
  • Location...

Posted 24 June 2015 - 07:26 AM

I know it is a delicate topic, but given the considerable inflow of new players we recently welcomed from Malaysia and the Philippines, we might want to start talking about WoE times again. The WoE population has hardly changed and I just caught Asian players talking about how they just couldn't attend WoE at 3am.

Then again they'll speak for themselves if need be, but I thought it was worth bringing up.

#23 forestdrums

forestdrums

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 16 posts
  • LocationOntario
  • Server:Ra Ra Rasputin

Posted 24 June 2015 - 07:33 AM

Indian Feather Headband stats don't work (cards don't recognize its slotted, the agi+2 and def is also not given) is this intended or can it be fixed? I think the hat's item number is 18660

Please and thank you! :$

Edited by forestdrums, 24 June 2015 - 07:34 AM.

#24 OccultPriest

OccultPriest

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 361 posts
  • Server:Classic Loki

Posted 24 June 2015 - 07:56 AM

bring voh back

#25 mussa255

mussa255

Amateur Blogger