Legitimized Autopot - Page 2 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * - - 14 votes

Legitimized Autopot

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
649 replies to this topic

#26 EveGenesis

EveGenesis

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 750 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 23 June 2015 - 04:47 PM

Inu double post :v

Edit: on the other hand, even "if" automated program are legalized. Player skill will be reduced and it'll give way to more cheating, don't you think so. Ex. A lot of people are cheating using automated program = legalized, because a lot of people use it. What's next, other cheating program being use by lot of people, legalized it too?

Edited by EveGenesis, 23 June 2015 - 04:52 PM.

#27 RHMY

RHMY

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 23 June 2015 - 04:47 PM

+Autopot

For HP/SP
1 sec cooldown
User can set %HP/SP would activate

#28 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts
  • LocationWaterfall of the Nine Heavens
  • Server:All

Posted 23 June 2015 - 04:48 PM

Inu double post :v

Sorry forum hiccuped I guess

#29 leiand

leiand

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2070 posts

Posted 23 June 2015 - 04:49 PM

+Autopot

For HP/SP
1 sec cooldown
User can set %HP/SP would activate

But thats just gonna be a pain for a sura that has just gfisted.

#30 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 23 June 2015 - 04:51 PM

Still need to brick existing APs somehow or people will just go with the most effective one, which I suspect will not be the 1st party AP.

#31 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

Disney Prince in Disguise

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia
  • Server:Chaos, on hiatus

Posted 23 June 2015 - 04:56 PM

no wonder xellie left. nice play Oda

#32 AmericanPie

AmericanPie

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 612 posts
  • LocationPVP Waiting Room
  • Server:Classic

Posted 23 June 2015 - 04:58 PM

Looks like iro turning into amsterdam. 1 on 1 fights could become a problem if it's not 1 hit k.o tho. It's gonna be a battle of who brings more pot. And this encourage alt-ing chars.

#33 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts

Posted 23 June 2015 - 05:02 PM

Still need to brick existing APs somehow or people will just go with the most effective one, which I suspect will not be the 1st party AP.

I suspect what will happened is said cheater will use more pots than needed and probably cause themselves a fair amount of lag doubling up things, oh well.

#34 Ryuuzan

Ryuuzan

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 126 posts
  • LocationMalaysia
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 23 June 2015 - 05:05 PM

hotel, I was just thinking along those lines.

1) Disable pots, berries etc

2) disable stasis, guillotine fist, deadly poison, and suicidal explosion

3) increase the woe skill reduction from 50% to 80%

4) See what WoE is like.

i would very much love to see Crit GX in woe with this, maybe even 2 handed RKs  :p_love:

#35 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts

Posted 23 June 2015 - 05:06 PM

Unlike most cheats it's pretty much impossible to police AP, especially when used by an intelligent player. It's also FAR more pervasive than most of you seem to think.

Therefore the best option is to control it. Legalise and restrict it.

Anyone who thinks this will change the meta is just ignorant to the fact that most people already use it.

no wonder xellie left. nice play Oda

L3mRICp.png

I suspect what will happened is said cheater will use more pots than needed and probably cause themselves a fair amount of lag doubling up things, oh well.

Possibly. Depends on the user and the type of AP they want to double up with. They could rely on the 1st party for normal HP/SP maintenance and use their own specifically for emergency yggs, or use yours for HP with slims and their own for SP with blues or irises. Guess it depends on how you guys implement your AP, how it hooks in and whether it's toggleable. Most RO players that choose to cheat aren't stupid unfortunately.

Edited by AlmrOfAtlas, 23 June 2015 - 05:18 PM.

#36 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts

Posted 23 June 2015 - 05:11 PM

#37 WarlockFier

WarlockFier

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts
  • Server:Silph Road

Posted 23 June 2015 - 05:15 PM

It's pretty apparent the people who defend auto pots have been guilty of using it or knew quite a lot about it. Legitimate player will find this extremely ridiculous.

#38 meli

meli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2688 posts

Posted 23 June 2015 - 05:16 PM

Honestly, it would remove any challenge left in this game; would hurt both pvm and pvp aspects. Too easy becomes boring, and if you don't use it you're handicapped against the rest. Also leaves doors open to "what's next", legit bots under restricted circumstances? You shouldn't give in and allow what's been a cheat for so long because you can't stop it... If this project plans to behave just like autopot that is! we need to know details before judging.

#39 kingarthur6687

kingarthur6687

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1877 posts
  • Server:iRO Chaos Renewal

Posted 23 June 2015 - 05:16 PM

Therefore the best option is to control it. Legalise and restrict it.

Or reduce burst damage in PVP/WoE accordingly and just put a huge-arse cooldown on pot usage.

Pot spam has been addressed by pretty much every MMO with PVP elements, even RO2 has addressed it, and it's not like pot cooldown mechanics don't exist in RO1 because Green Ale.

Added boon to implementing pot cooldowns: Increased power to auto-attackers (attacking with noctrl, for those of you not familiar with MOBA terminology) since their primary strength is consistent damage over time, something this current 1HKO or GTFO because autopotspam meta has rendered essentially irrelevant. Also buffs HPs and ABs with their Healing presence, as well as Champs/Suras and Pally/RGs to a lesser degree.

Edited by kingarthur6687, 23 June 2015 - 05:18 PM.

#40 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts

Posted 23 June 2015 - 05:20 PM

Or reduce burst damage in PVP/WoE accordingly and just put a huge-arse cooldown on pot usage.

That would totally kill RO's sieging playerbase. They want a specific game and the more we homogenise it to be like a MOBA, the more they'll want to just go play a MOBA.

Also RO players are totally allergic to change. Status quo is king lol. Need to work around what's currently accepted.

Edit: Not saying I like AP btw. I just know that it's everywhere and we need to level the playing field between those who cheat and those who don't.

It's pretty apparent the people who defend auto pots have been guilty of using it or knew quite a lot about it. Legitimate player will find this extremely ridiculous.

We also have a lot of experience fighting it, and we're sick and tired of there being a significant divide in MHP + HPS between cheaters and legitimate players. Skill only takes you so far when the people you're fighting are significantly more pot efficient and tankier than you are, and able to focus on movement and situational analysis with no loss of concentration required for pot management.

Edited by AlmrOfAtlas, 23 June 2015 - 05:27 PM.

#41 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts

Posted 23 June 2015 - 05:21 PM

Pot spam has been addressed by pretty much every MMO with PVP elements, even RO2 has addressed it, and it's not like pot cooldown mechanics don't exist in RO1 because Green Ale.

Added boon to implementing pot cooldowns: Increased power to auto-attackers (attacking with noctrl, for those of you not familiar with MOBA terminology) since their primary strength is consistent damage over time, something this current 1HKO or GTFO because autopotspam meta has rendered essentially irrelevant. Also buffs HPs and ABs with their Healing presence, as well as Champs/Suras and Pally/RGs to a lesser degree.

You can't limit that in an area, that would affect PvM people too

#42 DarkGazer

DarkGazer

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1842 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 23 June 2015 - 05:28 PM

Honestly, it would remove any challenge left in this game; would hurt both pvm and pvp aspects. Too easy becomes boring, and if you don't use it you're handicapped against the rest. Also leaves doors open to "what's next", legit bots under restricted circumstances? You shouldn't give in and allow what's been a cheat for so long because you can't stop it... If this project plans to behave just like autopot that is! we need to know details before judging.

I doubt people who can't pot to save their life would care about challenge, lol.

#43 zilahmonsan

zilahmonsan

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 420 posts
  • Server:Thor

Posted 23 June 2015 - 05:30 PM

or maybe an item that enabled the "AUTO-POTION SKILL" like lets say  

Free-shipping-1piece-Beer-Can-Holder-Hel

just like greed in heroic backpack. Then you need to +15 this item to enable enchanting which uses auger's dagger to get 5% change of getting this skill, while 95% chance of breaking it.

Edited by zilahmonsan, 23 June 2015 - 05:32 PM.

#44 RHMY

RHMY

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 23 June 2015 - 05:32 PM

In most MMORPG today, autopot or even autoskill(supportive) are included on the game. Its just that its added in a way that would give convenience to players, and not as a game changer.

Maybe adding cooldown on autopot would help, and it should be limited on items like white potion etc, but not on berries

#45 kingarthur6687

kingarthur6687

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1877 posts
  • Server:iRO Chaos Renewal

Posted 23 June 2015 - 05:33 PM

You can't limit that in an area, that would affect PvM people too

There are already PVP/WoE specific pots, by extension that also means it's likely possible to ban or disable normal pots from PVP/WoE. Going off that baseline, ban/disable normal pots from PVP/WoE and leave them as they are, rework PVP/WoE specific pots as appropriate and add to them a cooldown. Problem of affecting PVMers with a PVP/WoE issue is then largely addressed.

That would totally kill RO's sieging playerbase. They want a specific game and the more we homogenise it to be like a MOBA, the more they'll want to just go play a MOBA.

Also RO players are totally allergic to change. Status quo is king lol. Need to work around what's currently accepted.

Edit: Not saying I like AP btw. I just know that it's everywhere and we need to level the playing field between those who cheat and those who don't.

If it takes a complete overhaul and rebalancing of the system to address a problem, that's because the problem has grown to be just that humongously terribad. Legalizing prohibited behavior because you're either too lazy and/or inept to properly police them is hardly the solution, let alone an ideal one.

#46 KamiKali

KamiKali

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 5143 posts

Posted 23 June 2015 - 05:37 PM

no thanks

if this was legalized i'd stop playing.

#47 ShoLin

ShoLin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2107 posts
  • Server:Quit

Posted 23 June 2015 - 05:38 PM

I've never used it in my life, not even in the guilds that were blatantly using them openly. Accusing people using auto pot because they'd support a in house one is quite harsh.

#48 Hakobune

Hakobune

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 409 posts
  • LocationNowhere I want to be that's for sure
  • Server:The mismanaged cashgrab

Posted 23 June 2015 - 05:40 PM

Perhaps Slims (and other high end hp restoratives) should be disabled in all WoEs and implement an NPC who takes slims (brewed or not, don't really know if the game differentiates between brewed and non brewed pots) and gives an equal amount of a WoE only slims that have a substantial usage cool down. Would still give brewers a reason to make slims and as far as I know make auto potting impossible.

Edited by Hakobune, 23 June 2015 - 05:41 PM.

#49 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts

Posted 23 June 2015 - 05:41 PM

There are already PVP/WoE specific pots, by extension that also means it's likely possible to ban or disable normal pots from PVP/WoE. Going off that baseline, ban/disable normal pots from PVP/WoE and leave them as they are, rework PVP/WoE specific pots as appropriate and add to them a cooldown. Problem of affecting PVMers with a PVP/WoE issue is then largely addressed.

If it takes a complete overhaul and rebalancing of the system to address a problem, that's because the problem has grown to be just that humongously terribad. Legalizing prohibited behavior because you're either too lazy and/or inept to properly police them is hardly the solution, let alone an ideal one.

It's been tried on hundreds of other servers. They all died. Wanna know why?

Because players didn't want that. It's just not RO. Literally the only reason this game is alive right now is because it's not just another cookie cutter MMO with identical mechanics.

We don't want to fundamentally change gameplay and the mechanics of HP/SP maint because of this, and I don't think kRO would let us anyway ;p

#50 Alaska

Alaska

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 4817 posts
  • LocationMontreal, Canada
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 23 June 2015 - 05:41 PM

I've never used it in my life, not even in the guilds that were blatantly using them openly. Accusing people using auto pot because they'd support a in house one is quite harsh.

This. I'm not exactly keen of autopot being legalized, but if they feel this is the only option I'm not going to stamp my feet over it. And guess what, that doesn't mean I autopot.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users