Super newbie monk needs help with suggestions. - Acolyte Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Super newbie monk needs help with suggestions.

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 unaz

unaz

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 23 June 2015 - 09:10 PM

Old new player. Played Ragnarok Online when it was released and until the release of 2-2 classes. I have done a bit of reading so i know a little. Ill post a picture of my monk atm. I done the Jumping Janeway quests to 99.

The plans is to first do some of the Eden quests to boost my gear.

Question 1: Is it wise to stay 99 for a while to farm other gear than Eden or should i rush for rebirth? All i have and my zeny are shown on my monk in this screenshot :)

Question 2: IF its wise to stay at 99, please help me with a good stats and skillbuild for that and take in advance that im solo but not afraid of some jolly cooperation :)

nT2ffHW.jpg

Hope someone can help me, i dont wanna screw this up more than needed :P

#2 DemyGod

DemyGod

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 110 posts

Posted 23 June 2015 - 11:09 PM

First class is really irrelevant. And if you want to farm you should consider a theif (rogue for gank) or merchant (blacksmith for greed). Greeding in some TI parties will get you zeny you need for gear/items incredibly fast. If I were you I'd go for champ and get to 70 so you can start TI parties on him. There are plenty of guides that shows what stats/skills you should have but IMO you need to focus on getting the basic skills (Spirit spheres/zen), Snap, Mental Strength, Gfist, Fury and Spiritual Cadence capped over anything else. Everything else in the champ skill tree is minimum requirement since you won't use any of those other skills as a Sura.

Far as stats go...priority should be STR>Vit>Int/Dex(depending on build you may want to prioritize one over the other)>Luk>Agi. Agi is the least effective as flee does virtually nothing at higher levels in the game unless you crank it way up, which in turn makes you weaker in other areas. Luke gives a nice boost to several things so it's useful, but you never want to go bat-sh1t crazy racking up luk either.

It would be a good idea to figure out the build you want to go as a Sura and focus on build towards that, rather than what helps you level up. However, if you have the means for KP you can always reset your stats/skills later down the road after building for lvling purposes first (mezmerizer also grants 1 free reset per char).

Hope this helps you my friend, and others may chime in on this as well. I'm by no means a perfect Sura player, but it is my main and I've been playing monk classes since '06.

#3 hotel

hotel

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1571 posts
  • Playing:Pogo's Lounge
  • Server:shock town

Posted 24 June 2015 - 01:03 AM

nice, 69 posts

anyway yeah you shouldn't stay at 99 pre trans any longer than you have to. rebirth the moment you hit 99/50, with how fast leveling is now you'll be back up to those levels in no time. when you do transcend i recommend a str/agi/dex build to level quickly and then you can reset with mesmerist when you hit 99/70 and are ready to job change.

as a sura just follow what the dude above me said, although one thing i'd like to mention is that agi is more important than luk. you need agi for reduced animation delay when snapping, and i'd recommend at least 50-60 agi for this purpose. however it's more of an endgame thing so you can definitely level with 1 agi and only start putting points in it much later.

Edited by hotel, 24 June 2015 - 01:04 AM.

#4 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 24 June 2015 - 05:26 AM

Before you rebirth, do Ur's eden quest fore the 4th tier of equipment. This will ensure you have a better armor & weapon to use when you become lvl 60+ transcended 2nd class.

#5 ka10

ka10

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1810 posts

Posted 24 June 2015 - 08:08 AM

pre-shura champ skill set;

no need to max cadence beyond pre-req (lvl 2) - unless you really think you want to ctrl-click-combo solo while using zero/minimum supplies - which is painfully slow compared to just MS tanking for parties (really the only way to get levels at a decent rate with your setup) - AoE soloing means mobbing so this requires a lot of supplies and/or good gears; in any case, cadence becomes totally irrelevant once you have rising dragon 10 and power absorb (zen+absorb solves your SP problems);

pre-shura champ stats: 90-STR, 90-VIT, 60-DEX;

you can totally live with no AGI and INT if you're just MS tanking; from there on, you can slowly add stats to match your end game setup;

just have about 80-90+ DEX around lvl 140~150 so you have enough HIT in case you want to try soloing;

Edited by ka10, 24 June 2015 - 08:10 AM.

#6 DemyGod

DemyGod

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 110 posts

Posted 16 July 2015 - 03:02 PM

pre-shura champ skill set;
no need to max cadence beyond pre-req (lvl 2) - unless you really think you want to ctrl-click-combo solo while using zero/minimum supplies - which is painfully slow compared to just MS tanking for parties (really the only way to get levels at a decent rate with your setup) - AoE soloing means mobbing so this requires a lot of supplies and/or good gears; in any case, cadence becomes totally irrelevant once you have rising dragon 10 and power absorb (zen+absorb solves your SP problems);

pre-shura champ stats: 90-STR, 90-VIT, 60-DEX;
you can totally live with no AGI and INT if you're just MS tanking; from there on, you can slowly add stats to match your end game setup;
just have about 80-90+ DEX around lvl 140~150 so you have enough HIT in case you want to try soloing;

Cadence is never irrelevant. It's sp, and something that actually contributes later down the road unlike monk combo skills which you will never use as a 3rd job. There aren't any other skills worth dropping points in over cadence once you hit 3rd class aside from the basics (you got 70 pts to blow, you may as well put some into cadence.)

Edited by DemyGod, 16 July 2015 - 03:02 PM.

#7 ka10

ka10

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1810 posts

Posted 17 July 2015 - 07:04 AM

you actually sit and wait to recover SP? can't be bothered to use straws? might as well emphasize the importance of first aid to recover HP too;

ex: for maxSP = 2000; cadence lvl 5: 30 SP per 10 seconds (you'll mainly be on fury or 50% weight so natural SP regen is ignored);

really insignificant (and a waste of time) when you can just SSA monsters and/or use SP items; RD+PA makes cadence not even worth mentioning;

decrease AGI (always have at least lvl 1) is a good skill point dump; even recommend to max it to 10 if resetting skills at end-game (for WoE/PvP);

i left monk combo skills at pre-req levels on that skill build link, so idk why you even mentioned those as if i prefer them sligthly over cadence - point is: monk combos AND cadence are BOTH trash as shura (well one might still use quadruple blow - but only to quickly get out of root)

with all the standard / commonly-used aco and champ skills taken, there's basically 3 points left - either use them all to max cadence, or get decAGI-3 - i'd recommend to just dump them on the skill i'd actually use rather than max a skill i'd never rely on;

Edited by ka10, 17 July 2015 - 07:47 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users