General End Game Performance of Homunculi? - Homunculus Headquarters - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

General End Game Performance of Homunculi?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 RichieDagger

RichieDagger

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 929 posts
  • LocationUnder your bed.
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 24 June 2015 - 02:08 PM

I'd like to hear experiences regarding any given max-level homunculus S in PVM, PVP, and MVP scenarios. Specifically damage output, survivability, and, lacking either of these, whether or not their support skills are useful enough makeup for it. Currently I'm considering Amistr to Dieter, Sera, or Eleanor (preference in that order at this time). Bottom line, do any of them have the potential to be an end game beat stick, or do they merely supplement your genetecist's own skill tree.

#2 Erydanos

Erydanos

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1159 posts

Posted 24 June 2015 - 03:02 PM

Bottom line, do any of them have the potential to be an end game beat stick, or do they merely supplement your genetecist's own skill tree.

You nailed it yourself champ.

Homunculi's strong points is not how powerful they are, but what they can do for you.

From the base homunculi, Amistr's Bulwark is a good skill to boost survivality. (Yours and your homun's)

From the Homun S brethren, Sera's Painkiller turns you into the ultimate tank and Dieter's Pyroclastic gives more power to burn those MvP's extra crispy. Eira? Dunno...(it has some fans though)

Base Homunculus also has some effect on the leveling speed of your creature (Amistr and Lif have no attack skills, while Filir and Vanilmirth do and level considerably faster)

#3 RichieDagger

RichieDagger

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 929 posts

Posted 24 June 2015 - 04:13 PM

That takes Eleanor out of the running for me. On paper it looked like it could crank out some big one-on-one damage. I would have considered sacrificing support skills and AoE for it, but not if it can't hold agro and take a hit. Since I could care less about how quickly anything levels, the question now would be whether or not the extra damage from Dieter's Pyroclastic is more valuable than the damage reduction from Sera's Painkiller.

#4 RichieDagger

RichieDagger

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 929 posts

Posted 09 July 2015 - 06:16 AM

*bump*

I would still like some more feedback.

Does the damage reduction from Sera's Painkiller come off the top or is it applied after other reductions? Either way, does it seem to be consistently useful, or does the flat reduction become negligable in certain senarios at higher levels?

#5 Akupuff

Akupuff

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2790 posts
  • Twitter:@akupuff
  • LocationMexico

Posted 09 July 2015 - 06:34 AM

Sera's PK reduces 1000k flat damage at the end of everything. 1000k is enough for most mobs to hit you with 1, even higher end mobs with proper reductions. For PvM, it IS broken. Even in MVP, 1000k can be noticeable. Of course if the boss is hitting +10k, then PK doesn't shine as much, but it's still a nice skill to have around. :3

As for Deiter or Sera, most people get 2 genes with both XD If you're MVP'ing, both have their uses, Sera being defensive, Deiter being offensive. It all boils down to preferences. Also, if you main Mace weapons, Dieter could be more appealing. 

What do you prefer? To hit harder or survive better? I'd suggest Sera for 1st timers and Deiter for veterans/rich 1st timers. :P

#6 RichieDagger

RichieDagger

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 929 posts

Posted 09 July 2015 - 06:54 AM

@Akupuff

I was thinking Deiter vs. Sera would be, more or less, an even offense/defense trade-off, assuming Painkiller reduction was calculated last. With this in mind, I'm still leaning towards Sera.

I really didn't want to shoot myself in the foot after investing so much time getting Bloodlust on the Amistr.

#7 Akupuff

Akupuff

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2790 posts
  • Twitter:@akupuff
  • LocationMexico

Posted 09 July 2015 - 06:55 AM

With Amistir base, get Sera. +30 VIT and PK is a really nice combo. :3 

0 user(s) are reading this topic