Failed to update to version 0.3.59 - Technical Support - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Failed to update to version 0.3.59

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#1 Ziriki

Ziriki

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 24 June 2015 - 08:59 PM

I couldn't update my client to the latest version. It is still the older 0.3.57 one. I logged off pretty early before maintenence. I can still login to my account, ice creams are gone and sunflowers are here. What's missing are the new event quests. This situation is happening on both my computers. Both my clients are downloaded using the official download. I have tried redownloading and reinstalling my client already. Are there any manual patches which I can use? I hope this problem can be fixed soon :)

#2 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5559 posts
  • LocationGermany, Europe, Earth, Milky Way, Universe
  • Playing:Dragon Saga

Posted 24 June 2015 - 10:43 PM

I couldn't update my client to the latest version. It is still the older 0.3.57 one. I logged off pretty early before maintenence. I can still login to my account, ice creams are gone and sunflowers are here. What's missing are the new event quests. This situation is happening on both my computers. Both my clients are downloaded using the official download. I have tried redownloading and reinstalling my client already. Are there any manual patches which I can use? I hope this problem can be fixed soon :)

If I understand you right, you did re-install the whole game and it again patched only until 0.3.57?

If this is what you meant I sadly have to tell you that this isn't possible. The patcher is not able to patch to an older version, it always patches to the most current version which is available on the patch server.

Did you uninstall the "old" game or remove the "old" game installation folder before you installed fresh? If not it could be that the game didn't replace the existing one. Or did you maybe install to a different folder and you're starting the old installation instead of the new one?

However, what you can also try is the following:

Open the folder you've installed Dragon Saga to, delete the file "patch.id"

Start the patcher and the patcher will tell you you're now on version "0.0.0".

It will start a longer process displaying "Creating client list" above the progress bars.

When this process is done there are 2 things which could happen:

- the client is actually up to date and the patcher will show you the correct version number

- the client is not up to date and the patcher will download the needed patches from the patch server

Good luck!

Edited by Popcorn, 24 June 2015 - 10:44 PM.

#3 Ziriki

Ziriki

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 24 June 2015 - 10:58 PM

Me myself was also very amazed. Yes I uninstalled the old one and reinstalled and patched but it was only up to 0.3.57. :( I'll try what you said. Thanks poppy.

#4 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5559 posts

Posted 24 June 2015 - 11:05 PM

Please let me know about the outcome :)

#5 Ziriki

Ziriki

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 24 June 2015 - 11:35 PM

Okay, I've tried doing what you said, it didn't work. It is still 0.3.57.

Then I once again uninstalled my client and reinstall it with the existing download file. patched from 0.3.22 but could only patch up to 0.3.57.

#6 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5559 posts

Posted 24 June 2015 - 11:47 PM

Hm... do you start the game by using the shortcut it created or by using the patcher.exe directly from the folder you installed in?

#7 Ziriki

Ziriki

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 24 June 2015 - 11:51 PM

I used the shortcut on my desktop.

#8 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5559 posts

Posted 25 June 2015 - 12:08 AM

I used the shortcut on my desktop.

Did you create the shortcut by yourself, maybe pointing directly to the DragonSaga.exe?

Can you please make sure, that you really don't have 2 clients installed?

To explain:

You patched the correct one, but start the "old" one.

If you don't change the install location in the Dragon Saga installer (the one with the colorful pictures) the new installation is found in "C:\Gravity\Dragon Saga". 

Please right click on your dragon saga shortcut and open the properties window. Have a look what your path to the game is.

I just re-installed and re-patched my own game up to 0.3.59 without problems 2 minutes ago.

If everything fails please do the following:

• Re-Install the game without touching anything (don't change any of the locations the game suggests, just let it install where it wants to)
  • Open the Explorer (not the Internetexplorer) and head to your C: drive.
  • Have a look for the folder Gravity
  • Open this folder and you should see another folder called Dragon Saga
  • Open this folder and run the file "Patcher" (or maybe Patcher.exe, depends on how your folder view is configured)
  • Let it patch, when it says Patching is Complete, have a look after the version number displayed in the patcher window (it should be 0.3.59)
  • Start the game

If this works always start the game using the Patcher from this folder. You can surely cerate a new Shortcut for your Desktop. However I would suggest to shortcut the patcher instead of the DragonSaga.exe to make sure you will always have the correct version. :)

Edited by Popcorn, 25 June 2015 - 12:16 AM.

#9 Ziriki

Ziriki

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 25 June 2015 - 12:16 AM

The shortcut is the same file as the 'Patcher' in my C/Gravity/DragonSaga folder.

#10 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5559 posts

Posted 25 June 2015 - 12:18 AM

Something is definitely strange for your game. I never heard of such issue.

After patching, do you get the info that the patching is complete or maybe some kind of error message?

#11 Ziriki

Ziriki

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 25 June 2015 - 12:25 AM

It says it is complete and the version is 0.3.57

What if I had previously replaced the xml.dat file in my folder?

Is there a way to completely remove everything of my current DS file more thoroughly than just uninstalling?

#12 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5559 posts

Posted 25 June 2015 - 12:26 AM

Replacing an xml.file is never a good idea. You should always use the original one.

Are you able to unpack zip archives (with WinRar, 7-zip, WinZip or explorer)?

I could upload the files you need in that case, then you just have to replace your old files with the ones I send you.

In this case I will give you a link to the download by PM, because I will remove it after you downloaded it.

Edited by Popcorn, 25 June 2015 - 12:27 AM.

#13 Ziriki

Ziriki

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 25 June 2015 - 12:35 AM

sounds like a good idea. i'll get on my game now.

#14 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5559 posts

Posted 25 June 2015 - 12:36 AM

Please excuse, but I didn't get the last you said :)

Do you want me to give you the link?

#15 Ziriki

Ziriki

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 25 June 2015 - 12:37 AM

yes please.

#16 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5559 posts

Posted 25 June 2015 - 12:37 AM

Okay, please check your PMs in a minute and tell me when you downloaded it so I can remove it again. 

Thanks.

#17 Ziriki

Ziriki

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 25 June 2015 - 12:39 AM

Is the PM u meant my forum inbox? thanks :) you're a real lifesaver

#18 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5559 posts

Posted 25 June 2015 - 12:41 AM

Is the PM u meant my forum inbox? thanks :) you're a real lifesaver

Yes, the forum inbox. 

You're welcome.

It's sent btw. You should have a red information symbol overlaying the letter symbol on the top of the page :)

Edited by Popcorn, 25 June 2015 - 12:43 AM.

#19 Ziriki

Ziriki

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 25 June 2015 - 12:51 AM

It still didn't work :(

#20 Fliederduft78

Fliederduft78

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1691 posts
  • LocationCurrently on Earth
  • Server:Last one standing

Posted 25 June 2015 - 01:18 AM

I think Poppie is right with assuming you got two game versions installed. One of it at the normal path c:\gravity and the other one  on a different path and/or harddisk. It really looks like this.

I think the icon on your desktop is linked to one of the games, I guess it is the old version of the game. The one you never have touched in any of your tries. You are patching, testing and whatever on another installation of your game. But this does not change the link on your desktop.

Please try out to create another fresh desktop shortcut from the game version that you find under c:\gravity

You are testing/trying things on that version ^ right? The one that can be found on c:\gravity?

You took the files from Poppie and put it right into this folder, did let them override your existing ones?

Go into that folder and create a desktop shortcut of the "patcher.exe". Try to start it.

If this really is the version Poppie helped you with suggestion and files and it is the one you worked with all the time it actually should work.

I can't see any reason it should refuse to work actually.....

You can try to start the patcher.exe that you can find within the c:\gravity\DragonSaga.... game folder itself too.

Try if that one works, directly starting the game in the folder. 

Edit:

Sadly I have no other idea what could cause this. I never came across somebody that had this problem.

I once helped somebody that had two different versions of the game installed (and wasn't aware of it) with a different bug fix though. I wished I was able to help you out. 

Edit 2:

Did you change any other game files by replacing them with some other files of yours?

Not only the xml.dat file I mean.......I'm about sure this could result in something like this happening too.......

Edited by Fliederduft78, 25 June 2015 - 01:52 AM.

#21 Ziriki

Ziriki

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 25 June 2015 - 01:35 AM

I did replaced the files he sent me.

I tried to run the patcher in the gravity folder too. It all didn't work.

Thanks for your opinions too. I agree on the two clients one. Looking for them now.

#22 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5559 posts

Posted 25 June 2015 - 02:06 AM

I also assume there are two different clients installed. 

There can't be any other reason for that.

Edited by Popcorn, 25 June 2015 - 02:16 AM.

#23 Ziriki

Ziriki

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 25 June 2015 - 03:04 AM

I've found another copy of DS folder somewhere, deleted it, reinstalled my DS again.

It didn't work. Any method that you could upload the up to date files so I can download them and replace to give it a try? :(

#24 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5559 posts

Posted 25 June 2015 - 03:21 AM

I don't know what's going wrong for you. Replacing the files with the one I sent you tells the patcher that your game is version 0.3.59.

I can't imagine where your patcher should get it's informations from. All these informations are stored in the version list and patch id files.

I gave them to you together with the files needed to have an up-to-date 0.3.59 version.

Uploading all the game files is a very protracted process. For sure I can do this for you, but then you sadly have to be patient for some hours.

#25 Ziriki

Ziriki

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 25 June 2015 - 04:08 AM

Are there any manual patches?

I wouldn't mind to wait because I can still login and do my usual routine.

At this point, I am also confused about whats going on and I want to see whether my client is able to patch the next patch or not.

Worst comes to worst I'll have to format my computer. :(

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users