Classic: Autopot discussion thread - Page 13 - Loki Classic Patch Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Classic: Autopot discussion thread

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
318 replies to this topic

#301 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 02 July 2015 - 01:47 PM

Players who don't cheat, who do contribute to the economy, level characters and generally participate in the game aren't the targets of my remark. The "Part timers who won't be missed" are the people mentioned in the thread who don't play Classic, who borrow characters to WoE and who blatantly use illegal programs. These are the people who have no stake in Classic continuing to exist and aren't contributing positively to it's continued existence. 

Your self-description is someone who has invested in the server, who is a participant. Even though you haven't been an iRO only player if you feel like iRO is your home you are perfectly welcome. 

#302 Thyrial

Thyrial

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 51 posts
  • Server:Classic

Posted 02 July 2015 - 01:51 PM

However, if a player cares so little about the server they play on part time to be blatantly using cheats against others, harass people who do spend time playing on the server and don't otherwise contribute to making the game a better place that isn't the type of person we wish to attract. 

That's understandable but that's only a small subsection of a very large group of players who all fell under your original comment. You need to be far more careful of what you say. It's ridiculous that someone in your position would be that careless... you upset a LOT of PAYING customers with that comment. On top of that you ignored the fact that they are HUGELY important to the success of Classic as despite their abscence on the PvE side they are the only thing that keeps any kind of competition in WoE. The last two WoE 2's, where many of them did NOT play are evidence of this. Valhalla just had their way with the server doing whatever they wanted, heck last Sunday VH only got pushed back to barricades cause we didn't bother setting up for GvGs class wise and had half the guild running around other castles. It's ridiculous without those players and will be the death of the server.

#303 Acuwrex

Acuwrex

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 212 posts

Posted 02 July 2015 - 01:56 PM

Players who don't cheat, who do contribute to the economy, level characters and generally participate in the game aren't the targets of my remark. The "Part timers who won't be missed" are the people mentioned in the thread who don't play Classic, who borrow characters to WoE and who blatantly use illegal programs. These are the people who have no stake in Classic continuing to exist and aren't contributing positively to it's continued existence. 

Your self-description is someone who has invested in the server, who is a participant. Even though you haven't been an iRO only player if you feel like iRO is your home you are perfectly welcome. 

I don't think you should be targeting any group of players. I think they should all be treated the same. And instead of looking for ways to ban players, how about you come up with a way that makes what they do impossible? Or make their actions legal when much of the community is okay with it? I understand we have a disagreement on that last line, but the fact is you have options that don't involve conducting a witch hunt and forcefully removing players from the game.

From the inception of this topic I have feared that it will ultimately turn into a crusade against a specific group of players. Players that would like to come back permanently, but don't because of lack of oversight, action, and a stale server environment. Ultimately I feel like your comments about "nuking" a group of players shows bias, especially when a certain someone has bragged about being close to you.

I don't know if I can trust you. I'd like you to remove your original comments and this portion of the thread. I'm going to say nothing further about this.

#304 Thyrial

Thyrial

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 02 July 2015 - 02:03 PM

Oh man, this is not true. I'm in Valhalla and I support AP and GRF Edits. She never told me "say this in that thread" and I wouldn't do that anyways.

I just want to point out that, while I disagree with Xellie, this is 100% true. I'm in VH myself and have been arguing FOR AP since the start of this.

#305 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 02 July 2015 - 02:12 PM

I hope you guys realize how on the fence I've been on AP, going from pro to anti to pro to anti.

The situation is extremely awkward.

#306 Rythen

Rythen

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 959 posts
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:RE:Start

Posted 02 July 2015 - 02:23 PM

Nice troll, but I already responded to Oda's decision. I've rarely ever used AP and certainly haven't used it recently.

I also consider myself a part time player over the last several months. Yes, I have played other servers. But iRO is my home. If I am truly unwelcome then just say the word.

Well, I mean, you're a cheater and cheaters shouldn't be welcome so if the shoe fits.

#307 Acuwrex

Acuwrex

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 212 posts

Posted 02 July 2015 - 02:28 PM

Well, I mean, you're a cheater and cheaters shouldn't be welcome so if the shoe fits.

Same goes for Xellie. You can't have a double standard.

Hook, line and sinker.

#308 Rythen

Rythen

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 959 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 02 July 2015 - 02:31 PM

Ah, the classic "Xellie cheats" accusation. All you have to use against her is 'but she cheats!!!!!' whilst you've just said you used Autopot.

Willing to give you the benefit of the doubt that you won't use it again, but you sure are begging for it to be legal...

Edited by Rythen, 02 July 2015 - 02:32 PM.

#309 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 02 July 2015 - 02:31 PM

Comments like these aren't helpful or useful. 

#310 Acuwrex

Acuwrex

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 212 posts

Posted 02 July 2015 - 02:32 PM

Ah, the classic "Xellie cheats" accusation. All you have to use against her is 'but she cheats!!!!!' whilst you've just said you used Autopot.

Read the topic. I'm pretty sure this is the one where she admitted to using it. It was either this one or a previous AP one.

You should give up.

#311 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts
  • LocationWaterfall of the Nine Heavens
  • Server:All

Posted 02 July 2015 - 02:37 PM

Give it up before more bans come out please ~_~

Go throw turds at one another privately

#312 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 02 July 2015 - 02:37 PM

Did you know you can go faster by increasing your speed? You can go slower by decreasing it! 

Also water is wet and ducks like water

Can we go play with challenge dungeon mobs now pls?

#313 needmorezleep

needmorezleep

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1013 posts

Posted 02 July 2015 - 02:38 PM

it would be nice if acts intended to provoke another like that would be met with long ingame punishments since people in the community are very much afraid to post anything anymore because of things like that constantly happening no matter who starts it

also im sure if players new to classic went back and read all the flame fest maint threads theyd think it over about joining the server and would probably jump to renewal and i wouldnt blame them for doing so

#314 Acuwrex

Acuwrex

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 212 posts

Posted 02 July 2015 - 02:38 PM

Did you know you can go faster by increasing your speed? You can go slower by decreasing it! 

Also water is wet and ducks like water

Can we go play with challenge dungeon mobs now pls?

I thought you typed, "Can we go play some mobas now pls?" and I got excited.

Edited by Acuwrex, 02 July 2015 - 02:39 PM.

#315 Shomaye

Shomaye

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 321 posts
  • Server:Gorilla Poker

Posted 02 July 2015 - 02:50 PM

Section 9 is pursuing a tool to make replays more effective for a GM, this would help take the burden of proof of of it and easier for the "untrained eye" just have to see if it pans out. This couldn't help classic so much due to not having it, we have talked about making a translation plug-in to make the use of renewal client on classic but that is a really heavy lift and completely theoretical at this point.

As an intermediate step between where we are now, and having the renewal client for classic, could S9 look into a client addon to just add replay? Hotkey activation and there will be much <3.

#316 dzmL

dzmL

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 136 posts

Posted 02 July 2015 - 02:50 PM

A group of outside players infrequently participate on this server, using illegal third party programs and client edits. Then lobbying for the use of said programs/edits ensue and further enforce their lack of participation as only a few of them take the time to post. Glad to see the community getting spun up about change for the enjoyment of these temporary players that do not contribute to this server.

I am aware of the difficulties that are faced with the enforcement of keeping it illegal, and I have swayed from side to side on my stance of the legalization of AP, but I do not condone it's legalization based on the whims and desires of these players. They do not hold the same value as long term, contributing members of the community. And that is not biased: you do not get to join the city council of the city in which you do not reside.

#317 Rythen

Rythen

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 959 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 02 July 2015 - 02:51 PM

I thought you typed, "Can we go play some mobas now pls?" and I got excited.

tbh she wouldn't want to play with you anyway ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

#318 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 02 July 2015 - 02:51 PM

On the occasion of our ruling on this topic and the American 4th of July holiday, this thread is closed for business! 

#319 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts
  • LocationWaterfall of the Nine Heavens
  • Server:All

Posted 02 July 2015 - 02:53 PM

As an intermediate step between where we are now, and having the renewal client for classic, could S9 look into a client addon to just add replay? Hotkey activation and there will be much <3.

Oda informed me that they are requesting that from kRO, thought tbh we also made a request for the replay tech quite a few times so I'm not sure where this will end up.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users