Classic: Autopot discussion thread - Page 3 - Loki Classic Patch Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Classic: Autopot discussion thread

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
318 replies to this topic

#51 squirreI

squirreI

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 467 posts

Posted 28 June 2015 - 12:22 PM

One, I am against any legalization of autopot.

Two, my alternative.

-get ONE GM to hit players in woe and get consistent footage of instant reactions to NO STIMULUS BEFORE THE DAMAGE. Enough of this "can't prove autopot" BS. lutie is the most obvious thing in the world.

Enforcement will stop a majority of the players using it. Some players might try to be sneaky, but most of them don't want to take the risk or will stop because they know their opponents aren't using it.

Oh and three, but sort of joking, reduce acid bomb damage a little so some players may be able to outpot it without assistance.

#52 iROLee

iROLee

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 102 posts
  • Location...
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 28 June 2015 - 12:23 PM

Hi, I'm a Classic player and I am strongly against the legalization of autopot. This is something I never thought I'd have to say one day on an official server...
As far as I'm concerned if this ever happens I'm just moving on to more offi-life illegal servers.

<>

#53 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 28 June 2015 - 12:25 PM

Last time I checked it was normal for rules to be disliked by deviant players, it shouldn't justify removing said rules.

I'm precisely 50/50 on the issue but the only reason I'm for autopot being official is to even stuff up since they haven't bothered to ban a single person ever.

Not because I'm a cheater. Don't really need to autopot against the likes of you.

#54 stockings

stockings

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 302 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 28 June 2015 - 12:29 PM

to the guys against cd~
potting 10+ slims a second whilst using skills/equips during woe on this very server, my ass. get real

#55 Acuwrex

Acuwrex

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 212 posts

Posted 28 June 2015 - 12:34 PM

I would have absolutely no interest in continuing to play a server that accepted any level of automation, whether it is macros, packet replicators, or bots.

Nice. A threat despite the fact that AP and macros are commonplace.

Why haven't you already quit? I'm calling your bluff.

#56 Acuwrex

Acuwrex

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 212 posts

Posted 28 June 2015 - 12:37 PM

One, I am against any legalization of autopot.

Two, my alternative.

-get ONE GM to hit players in woe and get consistent footage of instant reactions to NO STIMULUS BEFORE THE DAMAGE. Enough of this "can't prove autopot" BS. lutie is the most obvious thing in the world.

Enforcement will stop a majority of the players using it. Some players might try to be sneaky, but most of them don't want to take the risk or will stop because they know their opponents aren't using it.

Oh and three, but sort of joking, reduce acid bomb damage a little so some players may be able to outpot it without assistance.

Even if AP was able to be detected- a large amount of players being banned from the game is a very bad thing. Many of the players using AP will not play without it. It's become a necessary evil for some.

The answer isn't removing people from the game. We already have population problems.

I take no enjoy in killing someone that failed to realize he or she needed to pot.

Edited by Acuwrex, 28 June 2015 - 12:40 PM.

#57 Acuwrex

Acuwrex

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 212 posts

Posted 28 June 2015 - 12:38 PM

to the guys against cd~
potting 10+ slims a second whilst using skills/equips during woe on this very server, my ass. get real

The pot speed is necessary due to high damage. Deal with it.

#58 Ambur

Ambur

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3403 posts
  • LocationNevada
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 28 June 2015 - 12:40 PM

I would have absolutely no interest in continuing to play a server that accepted any level of automation, whether it is macros, packet replicators, or bots.

They allow macros afaik, so long as you don't AFK.

I'd like to see them actually have a method against AP, but if it's "leave it as it currently is," <>. :( It's my reason to say yes to legalizing it, it's sad it's been stuck how it is for this long.

First part is why I also agree with Themes, not a lot is very clear as to what is allowed/what is not anymore.

#59 Thyrial

Thyrial

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 51 posts
  • Server:Classic

Posted 28 June 2015 - 12:42 PM

to the guys against cd~

Considering macros are legal and all you have to do is hold down your pot button?

Also a CD on potions MASSIVELY changes the game, things you could easily survive before become impossible to live through. Considering how easy it already is to get killed practically instantly, I think the last thing we need is less healing. That's not even considering the fact that it also would have a huge effect on things other than WoE which just isn't fair to the non-pvp players.

#60 squirreI

squirreI

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 467 posts

Posted 28 June 2015 - 12:43 PM

Even if it was able to be detected. A large amount of players being banned from the game is a very bad thing. Not to mention that many of the players using AP will not play without it. It's become a necessary evil for some.

The answer isn't removing people from the game. We already have population problems.

Players are already being removed from the game due to their issues with cheats. You can quantify the players being banned with the players who quit because of autopot. We always have to ask with population is larger.

On another note, to make me not as biased, autopot would make all fights last longer. Well it would also invalidate many classes and turn everything into ridiculous DPS and one shotting.

Edited by squirreI, 28 June 2015 - 12:44 PM.

#61 stockings

stockings

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 302 posts

Posted 28 June 2015 - 12:44 PM

The pot speed is necessary due to high damage. Deal with it.

you dont get it. there is no such pot speed except u live next to the server

#62 XPoke

XPoke

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 28 June 2015 - 12:45 PM

to the guys against cd~

when I (attempt to) gear swap, i press my hotkeys in rapid succession

then 2 seconds later I realize my gear didn't swap, or only one piece got swapped

for me to actually switch all my gears properly I have to wait between pressing keys or else  the server nomnoms my packets i guess. That's probably one of the most frustrating part of the game

I also notice that when I attempt to pot rapidly the first couple of potions chug really slow, then all of a sudden I get a huge speed boost and it's like i am drinking the potion while it's still in the bottle.

#63 Sabaton

Sabaton

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 460 posts
  • LocationFrance
  • Server:Classic & Valkyrie

Posted 28 June 2015 - 12:45 PM

you dont get it. there is no such pot speed except u live next to the server

So what? Do you think it will fix your lag problems to have a delay on pots? 

#64 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 28 June 2015 - 12:46 PM

They allow macros afaik, so long as you don't AFK.

I'd like to see them actually have a method against AP, but if it's "leave it as it currently is," which involves a new QQ thread attacking players/groups versus keeping it to a ticket constantly, it kinda stinks. :( It's my reason to say yes to legalizing it, it's sad it's been stuck how it is for this long.

First part is why I also agree with Themes, not a lot is very clear as to what is allowed/what is not anymore.

Here's a good idea, guilds should kick the autopotters out of their guild and not race to the forums to attack us when we don't wanna play vs cheaters.

Oda: Ignoring warning about keeping the drama out of the thread. User has been put on probation for this post. 

Edited by Oda, 29 June 2015 - 01:09 PM.

#65 stockings

stockings

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 302 posts

Posted 28 June 2015 - 12:52 PM

So what? Do you think it will fix your lag problems to have a delay on pots?

at least itd make 80% of the playerbase more even to la players and autopotters.

#66 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 28 June 2015 - 12:53 PM

Being honest the kind of cooldown they were talking about none of you would notice unless you're macroing from a keyboard with zero input delay set.

Even then the cooldown would be making it slightly faster than human fingers can move, so who cares?

#67 Ambur

Ambur

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3403 posts
  • LocationNevada
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 28 June 2015 - 12:53 PM

Here's a good idea, guilds should kick the autopotters out of their guild and not race to the forums to attack us when we don't wanna play vs cheaters.

You need a better hobby (and you wonder why people "attack you" when you do it constantly). This was already talked about & explained in the deleted thread.

Mod it all or don't mod at all, please.

Oda: User has been put on probation. Don't modify/ignore moderator's warnings. 

Edited by Oda, 29 June 2015 - 07:58 AM.
Added mod notice.

#68 stockings

stockings

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 302 posts

Posted 28 June 2015 - 12:54 PM

the question about cd is how much.
0.1-0.15s is about what regular players wouldnt even feel a difference with

edit xellie was first

Edited by stockings, 28 June 2015 - 12:55 PM.

#69 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 28 June 2015 - 01:03 PM

You need a better hobby (and you wonder why people "attack you" when you do it constantly). This was already talked about & explained in the deleted thread.

Please, our thread never mentioned you or your friends. We were simply yelling for enforcement in WoE because some people having access to things that the rest of us don't is unfair. Y'all came in and made it about you.

If the status quo continues, more WoEs will be like that [redacted video of recalling away from a guild repeatedly and following abusive behaviour from said guild].

If you think Valhalla and I will sit around fighting an unfair fight that isn't fun (and will lead to insufferable bm behaviour from the opposition); then you are nothing short of delusional. Since now you're all coming out of the woodwork admitting how damn common autopot is among your mates, our reaction is completely vindicated and this whole situation has to end. Either, they start banning cheaters, or they legalize autopot, or you can video my giant-bwing recalls for 2 hours. The knock on effect is that the small guilds have to deal with Valhalla as a consequence. We try to be nice about it but sending only few/small groups/not recalling... but yeah. That's why the server is so miserable right now.

Simply put, most of the argument you're putting forward here for pro-autopot stems from a lack of self control. The community could very easily control itself via a few select few number of people (guildleaders/cores) actually having some standards in their guild.

So why not just stop cheating? Why do the GMs have to make you stop?

Ideal world, almost all of VH would like to see autopot eliminated from the server. Those who are accepting it are doing so begrudgingly because opponents REFUSE to stop using it, when it's as simple as gkicking the offenders.

Edited by Xellie, 28 June 2015 - 01:18 PM.

#70 Acuwrex

Acuwrex

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 212 posts

Posted 28 June 2015 - 01:05 PM

Players are already being removed from the game due to their issues with cheats. You can quantify the players being banned with the players who quit because of autopot. We always have to ask with population is larger.

On another note, to make me not as biased, autopot would make all fights last longer. Well it would also invalidate many classes and turn everything into ridiculous DPS and one shotting.

The argument I can present is that a large portion of the server already uses autopot. Why haven't the people threatening to quit already quit? Making autopot legal does not force everyone to use it. In fact, a guild without it can still compete against a guild with it. The problem is people don't want to play support classes.

I feel like longer fights are more enjoyable fights. When the fight sways back and forth and you're not sure if you're going to win or lose. Autopot naturally helps create this kind of environment. I prefer it over 10-15 second fights where someone misclicks and gets blown up in 1/3rd of a second.

Honestly a lot of people complaining about how it's going to lower the skill cap.. aren't anywhere near the skill cap and don't understand that there's still a lot of challenge and fun to be had in this game even when you don't have to stare at your HP bar.

EDIT: Can we remove Xellie's drama posts so we can have a discussion here? I don't want to see this topic locked.

Edited by Acuwrex, 28 June 2015 - 01:06 PM.

#71 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 28 June 2015 - 01:09 PM

The argument I can present is that a large portion of the server already uses autopot. Why haven't the people threatening to quit already quit? Making autopot legal does not force everyone to use it. In fact, a guild without it can still compete against a guild with it. The problem is people don't want to play support classes.

I feel like longer fights are more enjoyable fights. When the fight sways back and forth and you're not sure if you're going to win or lose. Autopot naturally helps create this kind of environment. I prefer it over 10-15 second fights where someone misclicks and gets blown up in 1/3rd of a second.

Honestly a lot of people complaining about how it's going to lower the skill cap.. aren't anywhere near the skill cap and don't understand that there's still a lot of challenge and fun to be had in this game even when you don't have to stare at your HP bar.

EDIT: Can we remove Xellie's drama posts so we can have a discussion here? I don't want to see this topic locked.

It's not really drama, the point I'm making is that if something doesn't change we will leave and autopot has caused plenty of people to quit. (something you're denying hard)

Yeah, lots of people will quit if autopot is made legal, I get it. I'm on their side. I understand it.

I also understand why a handful of people want it enabled because of a lack of enforcement.

But don't you DARE argue against banning the people who are cheating in favour of population.

The ideal solution is to catch them.

And even if they do legalize autopot, they still need to police WoE harder. See, the other crap that's been happening.

Edited by Xellie, 28 June 2015 - 01:12 PM.

#72 squirreI

squirreI

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 467 posts

Posted 28 June 2015 - 01:13 PM

I liked your post except for the drama in it.

#73 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 28 June 2015 - 01:14 PM

If you wanna feed it through a filter and explain to me which part is drama, I'll edit it. I just wanted examples/proof of situation rather than just making random blanket statements.

#74 squirreI

squirreI

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 467 posts

Posted 28 June 2015 - 01:16 PM

The video is probably the worst part. I think you should remove that anyway.

#75 Acuwrex

Acuwrex

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 212 posts

Posted 28 June 2015 - 01:19 PM

It's not really drama, the point I'm making is that if something doesn't change we will leave and autopot has caused plenty of people to quit. (something you're denying hard)

Yeah, lots of people will quit if autopot is made legal, I get it. I'm on their side. I understand it.

I also understand why a handful of people want it enabled because of a lack of enforcement.

But don't you DARE argue against banning the people who are cheating in favour of population.

The ideal solution is to catch them.

And even if they do legalize autopot, they still need to police WoE harder. See, the other crap that's been happening.

Oh, that's easy. I used autopot before. Should I be banned?

What about you? You used autopot as well. If someone like me were to be banned, why shouldn't you be banned?

Removing people from a game that's nearing 15 years old with a struggling population is not the answer. Sorry. And even then, there will still be a lot of people that will be glossed over or missed. I'm pretty sure we all fear for the hit and miss reality that would come with GM intervention. The ideal situation is not to get your enemies banned from the game. The ideal situation is to compete with them on an even level and have fun.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users