New to "Homuning" - jExp? - Homunculus Headquarters - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

New to "Homuning" - jExp?

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#1 Calza

Calza

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 933 posts
  • LocationUK
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 29 June 2015 - 06:08 AM

Hi,

So after reading about this AFK build, and thinking my merchant wasn't doing much useful I pushed up to alchemist today and have been playing around with my new Homunculus.

I understand only base exp is gained from homun kills, so how am I meant to get my 50 job levels - am I missing something really dumb? 

#2 ShoLin

ShoLin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2107 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Quit

Posted 29 June 2015 - 06:48 AM

You don't use your homun to level at all. You're just leveling your homunculus. You get your job like normal, active level.

#3 Calza

Calza

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 933 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 29 June 2015 - 07:12 AM

Oh damn! There goes my brilliant idea hah.

So this stat build I've been following from iro wiki is absolutely useless?

Pure Homunculus Killer/AFKemist Build
  • STR: 1
  • AGI: 90+
  • VIT: 90+
  • INT: 1
  • DEX: 30-50 (for leveling up until getting a Homunculus)
  • LUK: 20-40

#4 ShoLin

ShoLin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2107 posts

Posted 29 June 2015 - 07:41 AM

What level is your homunculus and alchemist? Also is it only an alchemist or is it a biochem?

Edited by ShoLin, 29 June 2015 - 07:42 AM.

#5 Calza

Calza

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 933 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 29 June 2015 - 07:59 AM

54 Alchemist and 11 homunculus (only got it this afternoon).

Originally it was just a vend character but thought this would be fun when I had other stuff on.

#6 ShoLin

ShoLin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2107 posts

Posted 29 June 2015 - 08:05 AM

Delete the homun, then take everything off the alchemist zeny gear etc put it into storage. If you need help transferring the zeny I can help. Then remake the alchemist. This is only if you now intend to level it.

#7 Calza

Calza

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 933 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 29 June 2015 - 08:13 AM

I could just drop a few reset stones surely? Then go back to the Cart Revolution build?

So I'll still have to level normally, and my homun is just intended to help me along, not do it for me? 

#8 ShoLin

ShoLin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2107 posts

Posted 29 June 2015 - 08:30 AM

pretty much, you level the homun separate. Mine is at 148 took a month from 108 on 2x exp and the homun exp reduction.

It's not worth the stones you're only level 54 there is 2 days left on the exp event.

#9 Joaco

Joaco

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3569 posts

Posted 29 June 2015 - 08:44 AM

I'd just keep lvling the homun at spores until it's 20/22 and then go to Ant Hell until 60/65 and then OD1 or 2.

You'll 99 both the char and the homun just afking. You can do either bounty or TI with an alt if you do have one. If not, buy some white pots and blues and try to get a party on low TI. I lvl'ed my alchys/bios like this.

You can sure, delete the homun and remake the char, but what's its end? Get better stats? How screwed up is your build atm?

As I said, I'd just stick with the homun, and eventually reach max lvl on both. Btw what's your homunculus?

#10 Calza

Calza

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 933 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 29 June 2015 - 09:00 AM

I like the idea of getting to 99 AFK'ing  - I often WFH so I can have it sitting in the background as I'm on my laptop. Focus on job levels via bounty & TI?

I've got a Vanilmirth currently at 18 on spores.

#11 Joaco

Joaco

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3569 posts

Posted 29 June 2015 - 09:31 AM

Great. Do 4 or so more lvls on Spores and move to Ant Hell. Yes, I meant getting the missing job lvls via bounty board or TI. Btw, if you 99 the homun before going there, you may get a homun party on low TI, it's just mostly for kill counts but it works ;D

#12 ShoLin

ShoLin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2107 posts

Posted 29 June 2015 - 09:38 AM

I'd just keep lvling the homun at spores until it's 20/22 and then go to Ant Hell until 60/65 and then OD1 or 2.

You'll 99 both the char and the homun just afking. You can do either bounty or TI with an alt if you do have one. If not, buy some white pots and blues and try to get a party on low TI. I lvl'ed my alchys/bios like this.

You can sure, delete the homun and remake the char, but what's its end? Get better stats? How screwed up is your build atm?

As I said, I'd just stick with the homun, and eventually reach max lvl on both. Btw what's your homunculus?

How do you figure when you get 10% exp when you're at levle 89? Your homun will hit 99 before you do. If you mean not at the same time, you're going to make him wait ages just to 99 a simple 1st class.

Edited by ShoLin, 29 June 2015 - 09:39 AM.

#13 Joaco

Joaco

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3569 posts

Posted 29 June 2015 - 10:56 AM

Yeah, my bad. I just forgot he was low lvl. But still, the homun can get you close to 99 without you having to kill anything, just feeding him. If you're in a rush, just do TI or whatever to get decent exp.

And it's been clarified already, but homuns kills won't give you jexp so you gotta farm that manually.

#14 ShoLin

ShoLin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2107 posts

Posted 29 June 2015 - 11:45 AM

We're talking about base level, you get about 90exp a kill. You'll be there for weeks to 99. You're better off deleting then remake.

#15 Calza

Calza

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 933 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 29 June 2015 - 12:37 PM

I'm in no rush, it's a bit of fun when I can't give my main 100% attention.

Looking at the wiki I still fit within the AOE build anyway.

#16 Erydanos

Erydanos

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1159 posts

Posted 29 June 2015 - 01:41 PM

Hey!

Can he not just use Mesmerizer to reset his stats while we still have her? (unless it's only available for chars from certain level and beyond)

Also...he can do the Maneater Blossom trick at level 56

1.-Get around 2000-3000 Blossoms,

2.-Tax yourself (for building up Job levels)

3.-Pop the old BM you were given when joining the Eden Group, or any normal BM (if you have VIP bonus, even better)

4.-Spam the Eden Board with the quest until the manual ends, you run out of Blossoms or you level out of the quest range.

This should leave your char at Low TI range with some Job levels, from then you could focus on doing TI as puller to level up or join a Homun party -this will need you to level your Homun a bit more)

#17 ShoLin

ShoLin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2107 posts

Posted 29 June 2015 - 01:44 PM

Why waste your 1 time only reset?

Edited by ShoLin, 29 June 2015 - 02:29 PM.

#18 Erydanos

Erydanos

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1159 posts

Posted 29 June 2015 - 01:46 PM

Why waste your 1 time only reset?

Just saying....

Anyways, he says he can still go AoE build, so is not a big deal.

#19 ShoLin

ShoLin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2107 posts

Posted 29 June 2015 - 02:30 PM

You'll be afking forever at 91exp per kill. So 89-99 is aprox 21m, 91exp per kill. Ya, that's like 230k zen orcs.

1str for cart revo? With low end gear? you're nuts

Edited by ShoLin, 29 June 2015 - 02:30 PM.

#20 Joaco

Joaco

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3569 posts

Posted 29 June 2015 - 06:00 PM

@ShoLin you're just being a jerk. I said it was my mistake, so no, he can't reach 99 before the homun (sorry Calza). The homun will hit 99 and he'll be luckily at 80-85, whatever. But the remaining lvls can be gained from TI/bounty or even Eden Group quests. Why the heck does he have to delete his character? Just for a few stat points? I think you're the nuts in here. Yeah, it's low lvl but still, maybe the vanilmirth is the homun he wants, and if he remakes, he'll prolly have to waste a couple of zeny on getting one. Why do you think remaking a character will make getting to 99/50 and the homun to 99 easier that just sticking with the char/homun he currently has?

The OP actually asked how to get the missing job lvls, not the base. I already gave him several options. His build can't be too screwed up to just remake (he didn't even post his current stats).

@OP: the points you get from now on, use them on VIT. I wouldn't focus on STR/AGI because there's no way you can help that much in a lvling party with that build unless you have good gears. Honestly, with just Aid Poting, you're good to go, that helps a ton on TI parties.

If you have any further doubts or want to ask me anything, feel free to pm me. I won't reply on this thread again, can't deal with people like this. 

P/S: ShoLin, go fix your Blood Lust thing on your own.

#21 denebski

denebski

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1256 posts
  • LocationSa likod mo.

Posted 29 June 2015 - 06:39 PM

if you are a vip, grab the free mercenary in eden and level your character in orc dungeon until level 60, then go to sidewinders and do the same, mob then use the mercenary aoe skill.

if youre not vip, i think you can get a free 3 day vip but not sure how.

#22 ShoLin

ShoLin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2107 posts

Posted 29 June 2015 - 10:04 PM

@ShoLin you're just being a jerk. I said it was my mistake, so no, he can't reach 99 before the homun (sorry Calza). The homun will hit 99 and he'll be luckily at 80-85, whatever. But the remaining lvls can be gained from TI/bounty or even Eden Group quests. Why the heck does he have to delete his character? Just for a few stat points? I think you're the nuts in here. Yeah, it's low lvl but still, maybe the vanilmirth is the homun he wants, and if he remakes, he'll prolly have to waste a couple of zeny on getting one. Why do you think remaking a character will make getting to 99/50 and the homun to 99 easier that just sticking with the char/homun he currently has?

The OP actually asked how to get the missing job lvls, not the base. I already gave him several options. His build can't be too screwed up to just remake (he didn't even post his current stats).

@OP: the points you get from now on, use them on VIT. I wouldn't focus on STR/AGI because there's no way you can help that much in a lvling party with that build unless you have good gears. Honestly, with just Aid Poting, you're good to go, that helps a ton on TI parties.

If you have any further doubts or want to ask me anything, feel free to pm me. I won't reply on this thread again, can't deal with people like this. 

P/S: ShoLin, go fix your Blood Lust thing on your own.

You're making it sound like I'm telling him/her to delete a transed character. It takes almost no time to hit back to 54 and he'll have proper stats. If need be I can pot the embryo. Anything but a Amistr is a

cop-out, unless it's going to be a potter in the future.

I'm a jerk for correcting you giving false information? Do you know what I can't stand? People that give misdirection. You did correct yourself. However, you should have seen that my knowledge is greater than yours. You should have know how exp works in renewal.

Why do I think it'll be better? It will teach him/her how to build a character to self sustain and strive to figure out proper builds. Now you told Calza to get more vit, making it more difficult to level alone if needed. There aren't TI parties all the time. Moreover, there is less chance of a merchant getting in one.

#23 Calza

Calza

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 933 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 29 June 2015 - 10:15 PM

Woah, a lot of reaction here!

I appreciate the effort going in to replying and helping me out. It's not my main though, and as it's none trans the stats don't worry me too much as I've got a chance to nail it next time.

One question though, I assume the homun resets levels when I do? So  is there any point leveling it before I trans?

#24 ShoLin

ShoLin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2107 posts

Posted 29 June 2015 - 10:16 PM

The homun will stay what ever you had it before. You should post your stats to see what we can salvage if you want to go that way.

Edited by ShoLin, 29 June 2015 - 10:17 PM.

#25 Calza

Calza

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 933 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 29 June 2015 - 10:25 PM

So If I got it to 99, trans and say at base 54 got bio-ethics again, it would pop out as a 99 homun?

I'll just pump STR for a bit I think..

rag10.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users