Tiki Tuesday Q&A Thread for 6/29 - Bahooka Tiki Lounge - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Tiki Tuesday Q&A Thread for 6/29

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
14 replies to this topic

#1 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 29 June 2015 - 10:41 AM

Just a reminder for RO1 we will be returning 10% of all Kafra Points Spent from June 24th to June 30th 11:59pm Server Time.

Ask your questions for this week's show here! The show will be live on Tuesday at 3pm Pacific Time

The tune for the week: 

I'm embracing my inner New Englander to work on the US theme town. In addition to the Wild West inspired maps, the map you arrive to our faux-America expansion will be based on the towns of New York, Boston and Philadelphia around the late 1800s. 

ny_ellis_island01.jpg

You enter through a recreation of the Ellis Island Immigration Center, passing by a busy shipyard where ships like this 

if7.jpg

are being built. One quest we're writing for the town is an electric war between the two founders of the company Vanaheim Electrics:

Nicholas Tezko and Thompson Edson. These two are fighting for control of the company, whose task is to deliver electric lighting to the entire country in time for the centennial celebration

Tesla-vs-Edison-la-guerra-de-las-corrien

#2 1392140604170018137

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 839 posts

Posted 29 June 2015 - 10:45 AM

I'm curious about the poring fedora hat. It's available via cash shop but doesn't appear to be tradeable. I wanted to give one to a friend as a gift but I wanted to see if you guys could confirm whether it's account bound or if you could unbind it.

Additionally can you see if you can unbind the level 10 merc scrolls? I wanted to use some on my other accounts but can't move them unless I already had some on my possession which is kind of pointless.

#3 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 29 June 2015 - 10:47 AM

Since we got rid of the drop rate penalty, any chance of getting rid of the EXP penalty along with it? Seems to be a rather big issue with the current leveling problems we're having and might even bring some old players back to the game.

#4 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

10,000 posts and not even a Tiki-Shirt.

• Members
  • 13389 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 29 June 2015 - 10:52 AM

Hey Oda,

1) The 12th anniversary event will be leaving this maint correct? Will you guys be able to fix the unknown apples that you get when redeeming tickets for poison bottles?

thread for reference: http://forums.warppo...-poison-bottle/

2) still holding out hope that we'll get the red beret quest on renewal, I see you guys put it in for classic. is renewal out of luck?

3) pirate quest (awards mr. rice's headgear) - is that going away anytime soon or is that going to be a permanent fixture? I'm pretty sure the novices in izlude would be happy to take a break from being gruesomely murdered by fish monsters when they start the game for the first time :P

4) please don't forget about the problem of mvp cards on thor that made it through the migration process. it's actually impossible for this card to be obtained on the new server with woe dungeons unavailable.

http://forums.warppo...r/#entry2198112

#5 MilkyThief

MilkyThief

Guide Master

• Members
  • 881 posts
  • LocationMassachusetts
  • Server:Renewal/Chaos

Posted 29 June 2015 - 11:01 AM

Oda, on 14 Apr 2015 - 12:58 PM, said:

Update
Wave Mode Test Dungeon and Clock Tower Nightmare Dungeon launch this week

Wave Mode Dungeon-A simple test of how fast you can kill monsters that are attempting to cross a bridge. Waves of different monsters spawn, and move south towards your defense point. Can you stop wave after wave of monsters? Classes with AOE skills recommended. We will be receiving more elaborate Wave Mode Dungeons next month.

Any updates on this? Any word from kRO about new dunegons? 

I really enjoy the idea of more of these minigames with better rewards and higher difficulties for all levels/classes.

#6 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 29 June 2015 - 11:07 AM

Nicholas Tezko and Thompson Edson. These two are fighting for control of the company, whose task is to deliver electric lighting to the entire country in time for the centennial celebration

Tesla-vs-Edison-la-guerra-de-las-corrien

I liked the epic rap battle version :D

Edited by Jaye, 29 June 2015 - 11:07 AM.

#7 Jeneeus

Jeneeus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2163 posts
  • LocationEden Kitchen
  • Server:Anti-Chaos

Posted 29 June 2015 - 04:59 PM

From the last Tiki Tuesday:

A few questions though:

1. Will there be any fix on the disappearing pet bug after the Thor fix? Right now, the pets will disappeared even when not in the instance.

Are these pets that were migrated from pRO or were they tamed on Thor?

1. So I stumbled upon these items on Thor that only has the word "placeholder" either in its name or description like Parade Hat (same design as the white Eden Hat) and some other equipment. Will there be a specific description and effects for these items? By the way, here is the description (based from kRO, euRO, and dpRO on divine-pride) on the item I gave as an example:
    Spoiler

These headgears will eventually be evaluated to give it proper effects and descriptions, which will usually match what info we receive from kRO. 

1. What will happen to the unwiped MVP cards from pRO? Does it affect the MVP cards that picked up in Thor?

We are able to tell the difference between unwiped cards and newly picked up ones in our logs so we would not be removing new ones. 

1. About the disappearing pets, both from pRO and iRO Thor are experiencing this problem but it mostly occur to those captured here on Thor. Also some homunculus are also experiencing some problems when changing maps that resets its level, hunger, and intimacy.
  2. About the "placeholder" items, will it be updated in the next update in 14.3?
  3. If a certain equipment is upgraded to +13 here in iRO Thor, will it be also downgraded when everything in the server is fixed?

#8 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

Disney Prince in Disguise

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia
  • Server:Chaos, on hiatus

Posted 29 June 2015 - 07:39 PM

any info about nightmare clock tower bounty board? if it is not ready yet, at least you can make double exp on nightmare CT maps permanent coz for the first time i see the map populated by rangers, GX, suras, genes, sorcs. RK and other unwanted bio4 classes. This is a good beginning for alternative leveling method.

Edited by fuyukikun, 29 June 2015 - 07:41 PM.

#9 esano

esano

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 26 posts
  • LocationManila
  • Server:Thor

Posted 29 June 2015 - 07:58 PM

Not sure if this was answered before.

• For "fallen" thor characters, will it be possible to recover wiped quests data as well?

#10 Lazaruce

Lazaruce

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2171 posts
  • LocationLabyrinth Inside Forsaken Eternity (L.I.F.E)
  • Server:Thor

Posted 29 June 2015 - 09:49 PM

Not sure if this was answered before.

• For "fallen" thor characters, will it be possible to recover wiped quests data as well?

I want to raise this one as well . Without VIP , Finishing Nameless Island Arc (It's really long that's why I called it an Arc) is really hard since we have to get past ridiculous mobs back and forth. I had Tao with My RK back then and it was still hard with Fireproof Pots . I am tempted to file a ticket but I don't want to put my ticket to the queue if it's not possible to retrieve them . Let alone my Extend Weight Limit skill for all my Fallen Characters .

May we get them back , pretty pretty please? :ok:

I want to vote for Nightmare CT Bounty Boards since I am a soloist too :no1:

***IMPORTANT***

By the way....

I am seeing several folks outside forums contacting the support team regarding FallenRecovery via ticket submission . As far as how the rules were laid out , we're supposed to PM you Oda , correct? Will sending a ticket change the order of the fix since they are "duplicate" in a way or the order should still be based from the dates of the message that you received ?

I'd like to request a separate thread to clarify things if possible . Thanks Oda! :no1:

Edited by Lazaruce, 29 June 2015 - 10:03 PM.

#11 4853121207141913140

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 895 posts
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 29 June 2015 - 10:05 PM

Old Card Album update regarding the recently added cards from the 4/22/15 Maintenance.

Parus Card

Pom Spider Card

Cendrawasih Card

Butoijo Card

Octopot Card

King Kray Card

Siorava Card

Wild Rider Card

Mini Octopus Card

http://forums.warppo...nd-maintenance/

#12 JapzPogi

JapzPogi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 156 posts
  • LocationPhilippines
  • Server:Unknown

Posted 29 June 2015 - 10:21 PM

When will be WOE open in Thor server?

Edited by JapzPogi, 30 June 2015 - 12:10 AM.

#13 StephenCarl

StephenCarl

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 233 posts
  • Server:Chaos / Thor

Posted 30 June 2015 - 12:51 AM

***IMPORTANT***

By the way....

I am seeing several folks outside forums contacting the support team regarding FallenRecovery via ticket submission . As far as how the rules were laid out , we're supposed to PM you Oda , correct? Will sending a ticket change the order of the fix since they are "duplicate" in a way or the order should still be based from the dates of the message that you received ?

I'd like to request a separate thread to clarify things if possible . Thanks Oda! :no1:

^
yeah.. i messaged CM Oda about this and still haven't read mine as of now.. if doing a backup support ticket regarding this issue will speed things up, will that scramble the order of senders on queue?

QUESTION:

and regarding the novice characters for the item placement, can we have some indications ( if its on-going ) that our items has been fully returned like putting up a headgear on the novice after you finished the item recovery...

Edited by StephenCarl, 30 June 2015 - 04:16 AM.

#14 BladeWolf84Qi

BladeWolf84Qi

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 47 posts
  • Server:Chaldea

Posted 30 June 2015 - 01:58 AM

any info about nightmare clock tower bounty board? if it is not ready yet, at least you can make double exp on nightmare CT maps permanent coz for the first time i see the map populated by rangers, GX, suras, genes, sorcs. RK and other unwanted bio4 classes. This is a good beginning for alternative leveling method.

I too, can settle for perma x2 at nightmare CT. +1

---

I wonder where can I report my DD crit Gx (pRO) that suddenly gained additional job levels after the migration. Now I'm forced to add skill points on double attack which I didnt really need for the character.

#15 paoshin

paoshin

I am New.

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 30 June 2015 - 11:10 AM

Hi,

Currently, in Classic, Laurel Wreath [1] is account bound. Is this intentional? Can it be unbounded?

http://db.irowiki.or...item-info/5185/

The current description in game is also slightly different from the website.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users