Not sure what I was thinking - Page 2 - ROSE Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Not sure what I was thinking

• Please log in to reply
109 replies to this topic

#26 CharasX

CharasX

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 193 posts

Posted 29 June 2015 - 10:45 PM

Lmfao im lvling without any buffs with my newest char and i see that there are problems like skipping maps and mobs being harder then the first day i started this game.
Tbh i miss those times that you partied together and the buffs only made you kill faster instead of instand kill on mobs and be able to move maps. I remember how i tried to defeat a king at breezy with friends which where all lowbies. But now breezy is empty and skipped -.-"
I want something changed but the map skipping is just not how it supposed to be. When i had my first char we explored each map and had fun while exploring. I wished it was like then again. Exp, strenght of mobs, buffs are all factors of the problem. The fix tho might be more complicated then nerfing everything.

Nerfing is just another word for adjusting... be lowering the stats. So, unless you believe that the solution would be to boost stats (def ap... etc) even more than what we have now then yes, the solution is to nerf everything.

Such a thing as a complicated fix do not exists. To change values takes technically nearly no time... to find the good ones might be time consumming tho... but it is okey.

In the worst case, to fix all this we could handle the problem like if we were machines.... restore the system to the last viable build! quite an old build in our case indeed! wouldn't be a bad thing.

#27 VisitorX

VisitorX

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 296 posts

Posted 29 June 2015 - 11:28 PM

Lmfao im lvling without any buffs with my newest char and i see that there are problems like skipping maps and mobs being harder then the first day i started this game.
Tbh i miss those times that you partied together and the buffs only made you kill faster instead of instand kill on mobs and be able to move maps. I remember how i tried to defeat a king at breezy with friends which where all lowbies. But now breezy is empty and skipped -.-"
I want something changed but the map skipping is just not how it supposed to be. When i had my first char we explored each map and had fun while exploring. I wished it was like then again. Exp, strenght of mobs, buffs are all factors of the problem. The fix tho might be more complicated then nerfing everything.

I agree with Charas 100%.

You have knowledge of the game so leveling new characters is a lot easier than a brand new player. Just like Charas said, leveling used to be hard because no one was max level. Rose needs to adapt to its low population and make leveling fast and easy so those new players can reach max level and start chucking real money into the item mall (if they wish).

Skipping maps has nothing to do with the problem.

#28 SlowBob

SlowBob

Raider Representative

• Members
  • 1718 posts
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 29 June 2015 - 11:54 PM

Just an idea:

What if clerics could only buff players in their lvl range?

It would probably bring back the teamwork while lvling, beside that having a maxed cleric while lvling would be pointless.

#29 CharasX

CharasX

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 193 posts

Posted 30 June 2015 - 12:28 AM

Just an idea:

What if clerics could only buff players in their lvl range?

It would probably bring back the teamwork while lvling, beside that having a maxed cleric while lvling would be pointless.

It wouldn t fix anything. New players would still need to have buffs in order to be able to kill mobs "decently" and so... they ll feel forced to create their own cleric and make her leech each time they feel like playing the game. This is not fun.

There s no need to look for a cheap quick fix... It s more than time to take care of things properly.

#30 irresistablechic

irresistablechic

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 30 June 2015 - 12:57 AM

I agree with charas that it won't fix anything but create more problems. If only there were a lot more newbies that play the game, it wont feel so boring and lonely for the newcomer because they can mingle more with each other. Nowadays when u see adv plains, dod or any other places, most are empty or just bots. Sad but true

Edited by irresistablechic, 30 June 2015 - 12:58 AM.

#31 SlowBob

SlowBob

Raider Representative

• Members
  • 1718 posts

Posted 30 June 2015 - 01:01 AM

It wouldn t fix anything. New players would still need to have buffs in order to be able to kill mobs "decently" and so... they ll feel forced to create their own cleric and make her leech each time they feel like playing the game. This is not fun.

There s no need to look for a cheap quick fix... It s more than time to take care of things properly.

It would fix/enable following points:

• Old players couldn't rely on their cleric anymore, means they would most likely have to team up with the newbies
  • The lvling speed of old players vs newbies would be a way more balanced, which would be another benefit for newbies when it comes to teaming up with old players
  • The exp/strengh of the mobs could be adjusted to match the players lvl (this isn't possible right now due to the huge difference between maxed buffs/no buffs)
  • botting up aoe partys might become a bit harder since people would have to use "newbie clerics" instead of their maxed ones
  • the market for low-lvl crafts might grow a bit since people couldn't rely on their maxed buffs instead of having decent gears
  • newbie clerics would actually be welcome in partys - rather than now ("Don't worry we got a maxed cleric, just sit here and afk")

As a matter of fact, having a cleric in your low lvl party would be nice - but not required (assuming the mobs got balanced to fit into the suggested pattern)

I agree with charas that it won't fix anything but create more problems. If only there were a lot more newbies that play the game, it wont feel so boring and lonely for the newcomer because they can mingle more with each other. Nowadays when u see adv plains, dod or any other places, most are empty or just bots. Sad but true

Which problems would it create?

See, the problem isn't that not enoth accounts are created, the problem is that most older players will lvl from 1-50 within a few minutes, while it takes a few hours for most newbies. That way older players out-lvl newbies with their toons in no time. This lowers the chances to find people to party with (on your lvling-speed) significantly.

Edited by SlowBob, 30 June 2015 - 01:12 AM.

#32 VisitorX

VisitorX

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 296 posts

Posted 30 June 2015 - 01:41 AM

It would fix/enable following points:

• Old players couldn't rely on their cleric anymore, means they would most likely have to team up with the newbies
  • The lvling speed of old players vs newbies would be a way more balanced, which would be another benefit for newbies when it comes to teaming up with old players
  • The exp/strengh of the mobs could be adjusted to match the players lvl (this isn't possible right now due to the huge difference between maxed buffs/no buffs)
  • botting up aoe partys might become a bit harder since people would have to use "newbie clerics" instead of their maxed ones
  • the market for low-lvl crafts might grow a bit since people couldn't rely on their maxed buffs instead of having decent gears
  • newbie clerics would actually be welcome in partys - rather than now ("Don't worry we got a maxed cleric, just sit here and afk")

As a matter of fact, having a cleric in your low lvl party would be nice - but not required (assuming the mobs got balanced to fit into the suggested pattern)

Which problems would it create?

See, the problem isn't that not enoth accounts are created, the problem is that most older players will lvl from 1-50 within a few minutes, while it takes a few hours for most newbies. That way older players out-lvl newbies with their toons in no time. This lowers the chances to find people to party with (on your lvling-speed) significantly.

The only thing that would do would make things way more frustrating because leveling would be more difficult, and whats the point? Leveling should be enjoyable. The main problem is LACK OF POPULATION. Which is why lowbies need buffs to level fast in the first place. If they solo EVEN IN THE ZONE OF THEIR CURRENT LEVEL it will take an immense amount of time to level.

You want a solid patch to fix Rose and really get a jump on new players enjoying/staying with the game?

1) Increase EXP by 10x the amount

2) Allow for solo leveling without buffs (either increase lowbie's stats or make mobs weaker)

3) Don't allow skipping of maps to level faster  (make it so a newbie can only kill a mob within 20 levels of their current level)

4) REWARDS REWARDS REWARDS Example: whole sets of gear every 10 levels or unique weapons every 20 levels

This will make the game enjoyable for lowbies. They will level fast, explore the game's different zones, and finally be able to reach max level in a timely matter.

This will:

1) Keeps new players interested in the game because they won't get bored.

2) Allow players to reach max level faster to start having fun with the end game content (honor/valor grinding)

3) They can still choose to go back and level AGAIN (because it won't be a painful process) with their new friends they have made along the way or new friends they have made at max level.

Rose needs to adapt to it's #1 problem. LACK OF POPULATION <--- THIS IS WHY NOOBS ASK FOR BUFFS TO LEVEL AT A NON-BORING PACE.

Leveling before was not that bad because you could find players to party with in nearly every single zone, but it is not like that anymore.

Only if the class reps would finally start seeing problems as they are instead of being blind to the Rose they played 6+ years ago.

Edited by VisitorX, 30 June 2015 - 01:42 AM.

#33 SlowBob

SlowBob

Raider Representative

• Members
  • 1718 posts

Posted 30 June 2015 - 02:11 AM

1) Increase EXP by 10x the amount
2) Allow for solo leveling without buffs (either increase lowbie's stats or make mobs weaker)
3) Don't allow skipping of maps to level faster  (make it so a newbie can only kill a mob within 20 levels of their current level)
4) REWARDS REWARDS REWARDS Example: whole sets of gear every 10 levels or unique weapons every 20 levels

This will:

1) Keeps new players interested in the game because they won't get bored.
2) Allow players to reach max level faster to start having fun with the end game content (honor/valor grinding)
3) They can still choose to go back and level AGAIN (because it won't be a painful process) with their new friends they have made along the way or new friends they have made at max level.

Rose needs to adapt to it's #1 problem. LACK OF POPULATION <--- THIS IS WHY NOOBS ASK FOR BUFFS TO LEVEL AT A NON-BORING PACE.

Leveling before was not that bad because you could find players to party with in nearly every single zone, but it is not like that anymore.

Only if the class reps would finally start seeing problems as they are instead of being blind to the Rose they played 6+ years ago.

1.  Increase EXP by 10x the amount
    1. This would completely break the current lvling system, you could aswell just make each new character max lvl right away (wouldn't be a big difference)
  2.  Allow for solo leveling without buffs (either increase lowbie's stats or make mobs weaker)
    1. This would increase the gap between new players and old ones
  3.  Don't allow skipping of maps to level faster  (make it so a newbie can only kill a mob within 20 levels of their current level)
    1. dynamicly increasing a mob's strengh depending on the lvl of it's attacker isn't possible right now (it's implementation would take a vast ammount of time)
    2. simply not granting exp for a kill would make the game seem more than broke
  4.  REWARDS REWARDS REWARDS Example: whole sets of gear every 10 levels or unique weapons every 20 levels
    1. currently the reward is the ability to unlock the games content, the problem is that some content is lacking or getting skipped. Simply dumping huge numbers of items into the game market won't help.

1.  Keeps new players interested in the game because they won't get bored.
    1. Most players end up being bored once they reach max lvl, lvling itselfe gives them something todo, thus i can't see how "removing" that content would get people less bored.
  2.  Allow players to reach max level faster to start having fun with the end game content (honor/valor grinding)
    1. How is exp grinding a bad thing but honor/valor grinding a good thing?
  3.  They can still choose to go back and level AGAIN (because it won't be a painful process) with their new friends they have made along the way or new friends they have made at max level.
    1. This is already happening, most people got multiple high lvl chars, making it even easier would cause more harm than help

What you are basicly asking for is cutting down the lvling content, since in your opinion the endgame content is more interesting. This is a wrong approach, instead of cutting down on content, existing content should be made more interesting.

#34 angeltje

angeltje

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2687 posts
  • Twitter:https://twitter.com/angelltjee
  • Server:Arua

Posted 30 June 2015 - 02:50 AM

I say we need new quests :P

#35 CharasX

CharasX

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 193 posts

Posted 30 June 2015 - 03:18 AM

1.  Increase EXP by 10x the amount
    1. This would completely break the current lvling system, you could aswell just make each new character max lvl right away (wouldn't be a big difference)
  2.  Allow for solo leveling without buffs (either increase lowbie's stats or make mobs weaker)
    1. This would increase the gap between new players and old ones
  3.  Don't allow skipping of maps to level faster  (make it so a newbie can only kill a mob within 20 levels of their current level)
    1. dynamicly increasing a mob's strengh depending on the lvl of it's attacker isn't possible right now (it's implementation would take a vast ammount of time)
    2. simply not granting exp for a kill would make the game seem more than broke
  4.  REWARDS REWARDS REWARDS Example: whole sets of gear every 10 levels or unique weapons every 20 levels
    1. currently the reward is the ability to unlock the games content, the problem is that some content is lacking or getting skipped. Simply dumping huge numbers of items into the game market won't help.

1.  Keeps new players interested in the game because they won't get bored.
    1. Most players end up being bored once they reach max lvl, lvling itselfe gives them something todo, thus i can't see how "removing" that content would get people less bored.
  2.  Allow players to reach max level faster to start having fun with the end game content (honor/valor grinding)
    1. How is exp grinding a bad thing but honor/valor grinding a good thing?
  3.  They can still choose to go back and level AGAIN (because it won't be a painful process) with their new friends they have made along the way or new friends they have made at max level.
    1. This is already happening, most people got multiple high lvl chars, making it even easier would cause more harm than help

What you are basicly asking for is cutting down the lvling content, since in your opinion the endgame content is more interesting. This is a wrong approach, instead of cutting down on content, existing content should be made more interesting.

Unfortunatly slowbob, you do not understand that things have to change drastically. Most new players giving up on this game do it way before max level... they try it... realize it s all about a grind fest during wich they gonna have to beg other ppl for help, be it for parties or simply buffs. Then they realize that in fact... there s just nearly noone playing the game, finding a party isn't easy... they end up being stuck alone and just give up.

1. Yes a big Exp boost is needed. And no it won't break the lvling system, just because you cannot break something that is already completly messed up. If you look at the lvling system right now, noone likes it! everyone is using bots whenever they can... there s nothing fun about it, spawn are boring, mechanics are boring....all you have to do is stand still on a spot, set up AOE bots and afk.. voila! and that s what EVERYONE is doing.

2. Yes players should not have to be buffed to either level... farm... or pvp. In wich way could it increase the gap between new and old players? plz I would like you to explain me this. NaRose was designed this way.... noone ever requiered to be buffed to do anything, buffs were only a small boost of not big use... and cleric were played as hybrid support/dps. There are reasons why... after iROSE (wich was a beta), the original Korean developpers made things this way. Now since many years Leonis and his team are developing things on their own... and no, they are not doing a good job in every department... far from that. They choosed to go for some failure iROSE style copy when it comes to buffs/clerics/and core mechanics. Funny thing is... they seemd to have selected the worse of iROSE to take it on their server, and eliminate the best of it to let it to the concurrence. The problem is probably related to some pride... coupled with the fact they choosed to listen only to ppl going in their direction, this way nothing will ever change for the best.

3. I do not agree with the "do not allow map skipping". Once again... if Devs were doing a good job, or more likely, if they did ruined all the good job that have been made by the original developpers, no players would ever want or even think about skipping maps! because the most efficient way was just to level on mobs your level... and this was making you move from maps to maps pretty naturally. As everyone was able to level alone... players were just wondering on maps until they find a good lvling place or a party to join. this was heaven.

Therefor, if things were properly done, there would be no need to "not allow" anything.

4. As for rewards, I also do not agree, because once again... if things were done in a proper way.. there wouldn't be any need to give extra rewards!

Drop tables should be done in a way allowing players to drop enough eauipment and refine materials so they can upgrade their set to a sufficient level with no trouble.

5. Added as extra, bcause this is just one of the long list of features wich completly killed NaROSE : Remove the fking Etc from the valor shop! 

What devs were thinking while doing such a thing? who is the great mind being this genius idea? I would like to know... Seriously, this killed the need of making alts to farm for materials... and completly fked up the ways newbs had to earn a bit of money while leveling.

The only thing your idea will bring Slowbob is that every "old" players will be creating a new cleric each time they create a char... and let her BOT heal or just leech the exp. It will not balance the leveling speed of anything nor make the game funnier. 

+ I see no point in making low level craft being more desired, they are already the most desired crafted items ingame thx to the completly badly designed enchantment scroll system. (I made a detailed suggestion about it.)

#36 TheRealCaNehDa

TheRealCaNehDa

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1140 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 30 June 2015 - 03:33 AM

Nerfing is just another word for adjusting... be lowering the stats. So, unless you believe that the solution would be to boost stats (def ap... etc) even more than what we have now then yes, the solution is to nerf everything.

Such a thing as a complicated fix do not exists. To change values takes technically nearly no time... to find the good ones might be time consumming tho... but it is okey.

In the worst case, to fix all this we could handle the problem like if we were machines.... restore the system to the last viable build! quite an old build in our case indeed! wouldn't be a bad thing.

I know of a game server, that made it so that everyone that created an account, was max level, in order to attempt to TRY to save its game population, however, by then it was too late anyway. 

#37 SlowBob

SlowBob

Raider Representative

• Members
  • 1718 posts

Posted 30 June 2015 - 04:36 AM

Unfortunatly slowbob, you do not understand that things have to change drastically. Most new players giving up on this game do it way before max level... they try it... realize it s all about a grind fest during wich they gonna have to beg other ppl for help, be it for parties or simply buffs. Then they realize that in fact... there s just nearly noone playing the game, finding a party isn't easy... they end up being stuck alone and just give up.

A lot of things changed over the years, the core problem in this case however didn't.
One of the problems we are facing is that old players and new ones don't lvl along with each other. Old players rush through the maps, which makes them seem dead to the new players, this is especially the case at the lower maps. Even if a new player manages to get in touch with an older player and to party with him, you can be pretty sure that the old player will have outlvled the newbie the next time he logs on, and catching up for a newbie without a cleric isn't possible.
When it comes to lvling speed newbies got three major problems, they don't know where to lvl, they don't own gear, they don't have a maxed cleric. While they can look up where to lvl, and get some gear, what they can't get is a cleric. Now my point is: if everyone can only rely on less potent buffs (due to not having a maxed charm cleric) the cleric factor shouldn't be such a big thing anymore.

1. Yes a big Exp boost is needed. And no it won't break the lvling system, just because you cannot break something that is already completly messed up. If you look at the lvling system right now, noone likes it! everyone is using bots whenever they can... there s nothing fun about it, spawn are boring, mechanics are boring....all you have to do is stand still on a spot, set up AOE bots and afk.. voila! and that s what EVERYONE is doing.

People arn't just botting because they don't like the lvling system, there are quite a lot of other factors. Beside that i didn't state that an exp boost in general would be a bad thing, however to make an exp boost work the current problems should be fixed (mentioned aboth). Only boosting the exp but doing nothing else won't work, the game is a bit more complex.
The spawn and mob ai is(was) worked on, it still has to get implemented on most of the maps though.

2. Yes players should not have to be buffed to either level... farm... or pvp. In wich way could it increase the gap between new and old players? plz I would like you to explain me this. NaRose was designed this way.... noone ever requiered to be buffed to do anything, buffs were only a small boost of not big use... and cleric were played as hybrid support/dps. There are reasons why... after iROSE (wich was a beta), the original Korean developpers made things this way. Now since many years Leonis and his team are developing things on their own... and no, they are not doing a good job in every department... far from that. They choosed to go for some failure iROSE style copy when it comes to buffs/clerics/and core mechanics. Funny thing is... they seemd to have selected the worse of iROSE to take it on their server, and eliminate the best of it to let it to the concurrence. The problem is probably related to some pride... coupled with the fact they choosed to listen only to ppl going in their direction, this way nothing will ever change for the best.

fully buffed up (with max charm) a lvl 1 visitor is about as strong as a lvl 75 char (unbuffed), which increases the time/kill ratio dramatically compared to a newbie with low charm buffs. Means an old player would be even more overpowered than before. Once again, this could be done if maxed clerics couldn't buff lowbies anymore, in fact it would be required and pretty neat, but with the current buff system this wouldn't work nearly as well.
The problem with the current PVM system is that it's trying to find a medium between maxed buffed / not buffed players - which simple doesn't work since the gap is too big, that's why the goal should be to close the gap, after that further balancing can be done.

3. I do not agree with the "do not allow map skipping". Once again... if Devs were doing a good job, or more likely, if they did ruined all the good job that have been made by the original developpers, no players would ever want or even think about skipping maps! because the most efficient way was just to level on mobs your level... and this was making you move from maps to maps pretty naturally. As everyone was able to level alone... players were just wondering on maps until they find a good lvling place or a party to join. this was heaven.
Therefor, if things were properly done, there would be no need to "not allow" anything.

The major reason people skip maps is because they are overpowered and can receive a way more exp in higher lvl areas - which most of the time comes down to having overpowered buffs&heals. - that's just another reason to prevent newbies from getting overpowered buffs.

4. As for rewards, I also do not agree, because once again... if things were done in a proper way.. there wouldn't be any need to give extra rewards!
Drop tables should be done in a way allowing players to drop enough eauipment and refine materials so they can upgrade their set to a sufficient level with no trouble.

Drops do already exist, and players are already able to refine their gears. There should be different areas of mobs for each lvl intervall - one area which doesn't require refining - one which required (3) - (6)...and so on. Thus a small drop ratio should be enoth - having your armour/weaphon refined should be optional, not required

5. Added as extra, bcause this is just one of the long list of features wich completly killed NaROSE : Remove the fking Etc from the valor shop! 
What devs were thinking while doing such a thing? who is the great mind being this genius idea? I would like to know... Seriously, this killed the need of making alts to farm for materials... and completly fked up the ways newbs had to earn a bit of money while leveling.

Agree - that's not a secret...

The only thing your idea will bring Slowbob is that every "old" players will be creating a new cleric each time they create a char... and let her BOT heal or just leech the exp. It will not balance the leveling speed of anything nor make the game funnier. 
+ I see no point in making low level craft being more desired, they are already the most desired crafted items ingame thx to the completly badly designed enchantment scroll system. (I made a detailed suggestion about it.)

bot healing a party with a cleric lower than lvl 120 wouldn't be possible (atleast not in the currently used aoe areas). leeching with the cleric wouldn't work either since you couldn't use your already maxed one to (bot-)support the the party.

#38 iMatt

iMatt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1539 posts
  • LocationMunich, Bavaria

Posted 30 June 2015 - 04:54 AM

How about removing the scaling of buffs in general depending on the casters stats, rather make the buff effects being leveldepended?

Lower the entire buffing system completly and make a minor scaling on the reciever's stats?

#39 angeltje

angeltje

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2687 posts

Posted 30 June 2015 - 05:00 AM

How about removing the scaling of buffs in general depending on the casters stats, rather make the buff effects being leveldepended?

Lower the entire buffing system completly and make a minor scaling on the reciever's stats?

that would mean that it doesnt effect at all what for gear the cleric wears for buffing, which makes lots of expensive items useless.

it has bad sides and good sides this idea. but what you mean with being level depended?

#40 SlowBob

SlowBob

Raider Representative

• Members
  • 1718 posts

Posted 30 June 2015 - 05:03 AM

that was actually how i understood the "new" buffing system when it was explained to me for the first time. Sadly i don't remember the reasons anymore why it wasn't implemented that way one thing for sure Leo had his reasons. Looking forward to see his comment.

Anyways, it would be too late for that change, i can already hear people who are getting ready to rage ;)

Edited by SlowBob, 30 June 2015 - 05:05 AM.

#41 iMatt

iMatt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1539 posts

Posted 30 June 2015 - 05:12 AM

Things come and go, like if the Int<=>Charm changes had no enemies^^....

The good ones will adapt, as they always did in the past 11 years, the bad ones will quit.

#42 iMatt

iMatt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1539 posts

Posted 30 June 2015 - 05:15 AM

that would mean that it doesnt effect at all what for gear the cleric wears for buffing, which makes lots of expensive items useless.

it has bad sides and good sides this idea. but what you mean with being level depended?

Like if stuff like that never happened before. (New Item Tiers - 180-200-220; Buffset removals; Int to Charm changes; Chiv/Glor etc becoming bad for PvM; etc etc)

Part of a Multiplayer Online Game is that the equipment evolves as constant progress.

This comment is quite selfish, to be honest.

Edited by iMatt, 30 June 2015 - 05:19 AM.

#43 pdfisher

pdfisher

Champion Representative

• Members
  • 5246 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania, in the heart of PA dutch country

Posted 30 June 2015 - 05:15 AM

Ok, here is a thought. What if there were different buffs for different level ranges, and the cleric could only use the correct buff?

#44 iMatt

iMatt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1539 posts

Posted 30 June 2015 - 05:18 AM

Ok, here is a thought. What if there were different buffs for different level ranges, and the cleric could only use the correct buff?

Before I judge, could you describe your thoughts a bit more?

Edited by iMatt, 30 June 2015 - 05:36 AM.

#45 angeltje

angeltje

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2687 posts

Posted 30 June 2015 - 05:18 AM

Like if stuff like that never happened before. (New Item Tiers - 180-200-220; Buffset removals; Int to Charm changes)

Part of a Multiplayer Online Game is that the equipment evolves as constant progress.

This comment is quite selfish, to be honest.

i just said what the consequences will be, didn't said that I am against the idea or not..

AGAIN what you mean with being level depended?

something like pam just said?

´What if there were different buffs for different level ranges, and the cleric could only use the correct buff?´

#46 SlowBob

SlowBob

Raider Representative

• Members
  • 1718 posts

Posted 30 June 2015 - 05:23 AM

Sorry, but that would be pretty much pointless - if anything they could make the buff scale on a fixed ratio and stop the scaling once you are in the cleric's lvl ratio. This would have the same effect as your suggestion, however it wouldn't involve tons of new skills ;)

@Matt & angeltje:

please keep this on-topic........

Edited by SlowBob, 30 June 2015 - 05:25 AM.

#47 CharasX

CharasX

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 193 posts

Posted 30 June 2015 - 05:25 AM

This would make sens. 

But I do have to insist on the "lower the entire buffing system". IMO max buffs should at MOST give 5% increase to every stats (including enhance dmg), and nothing more! this way, it would still give an upper hand vs someone unbuffed... but nothing that can't be overcome be it for pvm or pvp.

This also implies that every mobs ingame have to see their defense and atk rescaled to make it possible for non buffed "normally geared" players of every class to kill them smoothly.

As for pvp, it also implies that buff pots have to be scaled down, and boosters too.

Charm for clerics would still be here to boost healings and for other characters, debuffs in general, so this is absolutly not a total loss. Ofcourse a few ppl will be unhappy, but in the end, they ll get along with it and enjoy the positive effects it would have on the game.

#48 KatsuraKujo

KatsuraKujo

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 744 posts
  • LocationPotato

Posted 30 June 2015 - 05:26 AM

To quote what feuer suggested (well part of it)

Having buff caps that cap off at a certain amount instead of simply having max buff of +65 so on so forth.

Some of the stats which are for important for leveling purposes for example, ap, accu, hp, etc etc, basically almost all the buffs should be capped of, and to improvise, cap of depending on level difference of each player so it won't have a big huge influence on the game. It won't hurt clerics as their buffs are merely enhancements not supportive skills. That and also it would lower down the influence of buffs for the entire part of the game, well, or at least the leveling part of it.

If you want an example of how it caps off, look at feuer's suggestion on the proposal page about clerics buffs. Me and angel has already looked at it and so far like it.

http://forums.warppo...and-1-big-post/

Just exclude the aura version for the time being because it might not be possible for it to be implemented into the game yet as this might be a vision of how future buffs would work. At least that's what i think.

Since the leveling cap is kinda off this thread i'll say follow what matt said on level difference but instead maybe have percentages on a certain level difference, kinda like how the noob buff works you know? x level to y level would give z amount of percentage decrease in buffs (i would consider which buffs don't play much a role but still helps in leveling later) which would create an environment that newbies would depends less on buffs.

As for heals, i have this idea that i dragged from reading this thread. Having the grp gap of a certain amount. Which, if gapped, creates a stack or some sort (something like how party gap works) that reduces heal power by a certain percentage so max clerics won't just stand there and bot the hell of out the leveling process.

Edited by KatsuraKujo, 30 June 2015 - 05:36 AM.

#49 iMatt

iMatt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1539 posts

Posted 30 June 2015 - 05:27 AM

i just said what the consequences will be, didn't said that I am against the idea or not..

AGAIN what you mean with being level depended?

something like pam just said?

´What if there were different buffs for different level ranges, and the cleric could only use the correct buff?´

Example:

Character A is level 230 - he gets buffed by a cleric: the strength of the "Allstat" buff would scale on Character A's Charm & Mainstat instead of the clerics Charm & Int.With Maxed out Charm (as high as possible) + left points in his Mainstat he would have +65 Allstats

Character B is level 50 - he gets buffed by a cleric: the strength of the "Allstat" buff would scale on Character B's Charm & Mainstat (as Visitor only on Charm) + the Buffstrength would be downscaled by 78,26..% (= ((230-50)*100)/230)

This would of course mean general stats & scalings would have to be readjusted.

Edit: Lowering the overall impact of buffs would be a logical consequence of the whole process.

Edited by iMatt, 30 June 2015 - 05:35 AM.

#50 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts
  • Twitter:@LovatianOwl
  • LocationCaves of Owlverick
  • Server:Le' Forumz

Posted 30 June 2015 - 05:42 AM

Still think this is the proper solution to 90% of the buff problems while considering the CHA's influence.

http://forums.warppo...and-1-big-post/

As far as this topic goes. Was it really the intention of the topic starter to get everyone to problem solve his experience? Or was he simply sharing his portion of insight? 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users