Not sure what I was thinking - Page 5 - ROSE Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Not sure what I was thinking

• Please log in to reply
109 replies to this topic

#101 VisitorX

VisitorX

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 296 posts

Posted 04 July 2015 - 04:34 PM

divide the buffs to every class

soldier- str,ap,def,hp up
hawker - mspd,aspd,dex,dodge
dealer - con,sen,crit,accu
muse, mdef,int,enhance damage,all stat

buffs will not be shared if there is a 20 lvl gap between players in a group or party

and nerf mobs on levels 1-150

would maybe solve our problems?

I'd rather have the current system then have to rely on finding 3 other classes I get full buffs.

#102 CharasX

CharasX

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 193 posts

Posted 05 July 2015 - 03:34 AM

divide the buffs to every class

soldier- str,ap,def,hp up

hawker - mspd,aspd,dex,dodge

dealer - con,sen,crit,accu

muse, mdef,int,enhance damage,all stat

buffs will not be shared if there is a 20 lvl gap between players in a group or party

and nerf mobs on levels 1-150

would maybe solve our problems?

I already made suggestions going in this direction, so ofc I agree with it.... but those Buffs should be way weaker than what we have right now. In fact I would like those buffs to be extremly short... 2 minutes... OR applied by aura for 20 sec, refreshed every 10 sec. This way, it wouldn't be possible to have buffers afk in the city, and players would have to play together with a mixed set up, to obtain maximal efficienty (and this for pvm and pvp).

Anyway, been there, done that. This is something I proposed and ofc no a single -_- was given by the GM team... so.... yeah.

#103 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts
  • Twitter:@LovatianOwl
  • LocationCaves of Owlverick
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Le' Forumz

Posted 05 July 2015 - 03:39 AM

If you want true change, then you need to demonstrate what will happen if it goes unchanged. Provide proof if there is any, pull together a collective group of like minds, and oppose anything less than what needs to be done. 

So long as you have advocates of things like booster's and medals, change will not occur. So long as people continue to compromise on the idea of 'buffs' influence over game play instead of having true class diversification, you'll deal with the same hum drum you always have. 

#104 angeltje

angeltje

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2687 posts
  • Twitter:https://twitter.com/angelltjee
  • Server:Arua

Posted 05 July 2015 - 03:58 AM

leveling is part of the game, so it should be easy in like that you reach max lvl in a week or so. since there is a story behind the game and you learn that with doing quests as lowbie. if you're not interested in that well then it sucks cause its still part of the game. but i agree some parts are too hard for newbies and might make them wanna give up.

The problems why newbies leave are in my experience( i dont say this are the only issues, just what i noticed so far):

• some beginner maps have really lack of other players,
  • some quests are not quite easy to understand, atm im really lost with a quest given by keenu at zant. Since it isnt clear about what i have to do.
  • first are the monsters doable but then you arrive at Zant the mobs start to hit much harder. which makes it harder and you die faster and be honest nobody likes to die,
  • Also i noticed some quests only give exp when you finished the quest completely or they don't give exp at all. I think giving exp when a part is finished might help the process and give exp with all quests.
  • Furthermore its the attitude from the higher lvl players, some are lvling their alt but ignore other players who ask for help or buffs. Which makes newbies feel ignored.
  • Also i think it would help if you can see when a player is afk or not, so charname turning red when someone is afk maybe? That way a lowbie knows that the player wont reply since he/she is afk.

all this is just my experience from starting a lowbie from lvl 1 without any buffs or items from other chars.

I might notice more things later in the progress of lvling that char.. But i think Zant is the biggest issue, Since there are a lot of quest and some even send you to breezy while those monsters are above your lvl. Some quests aren't quite understandable and the woopies easily kill you if you go kill them too fast. This map has lots of difficulties, i don't know yet after Zant.

Edited by angeltje, 05 July 2015 - 04:17 AM.

#105 KatsuraKujo

KatsuraKujo

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 744 posts
  • LocationPotato

Posted 05 July 2015 - 04:19 AM

I've recently went to kenji to level my scout which is about 60+. Of course following this experiment as well and my scout doesn't have any decent gears or a lot of money. Just to clear things off. Next, the mobs i tried to grind from are the doongas. The problem is, they are already green so i know that i won't get much exp from them. Instead i head to the doongas that are within my level range and sure enough i found. Problem here was, without buffs, i could barely survive killing a single mob without dying. I died more than what i gain as a newbie. Not even 20 minutes of leveling, i got tired of leveling because of how many times i died to a mob AT MY LEVEL RANGE. So i quit.

This was an experience with just TRYING to kill with my lowbie scout. Don't even start about the quest to kill 75 doongas. I could barely kill that one in my range let alone 75 of the same thing.

My experience.

#106 VisitorX

VisitorX

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 296 posts

Posted 05 July 2015 - 05:20 AM

I've recently went to kenji to level my scout which is about 60+. Of course following this experiment as well and my scout doesn't have any decent gears or a lot of money. Just to clear things off. Next, the mobs i tried to grind from are the doongas. The problem is, they are already green so i know that i won't get much exp from them. Instead i head to the doongas that are within my level range and sure enough i found. Problem here was, without buffs, i could barely survive killing a single mob without dying. I died more than what i gain as a newbie. Not even 20 minutes of leveling, i got tired of leveling because of how many times i died to a mob AT MY LEVEL RANGE. So i quit.

This was an experience with just TRYING to kill with my lowbie scout. Don't even start about the quest to kill 75 doongas. I could barely kill that one in my range let alone 75 of the same thing.

My experience.

This is a perfect explanation of one of the main reasons why Rose is lacking many new players, can't -solo-, won't play-o-game-o.

I'm sure this comment will be ignored though, which is unfortunate.

#107 angeltje

angeltje

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2687 posts
  • Twitter:https://twitter.com/angelltjee
  • Server:Arua

Posted 05 July 2015 - 05:36 AM

This is a perfect explanation of one of the main reasons why Rose is lacking many new players, can't -solo-, won't play-o-game-o.

I'm sure this comment will be ignored though, which is unfortunate.

i agree some monsters make solo really hard, when i bumped into hornets and woopies i noticed that even if they yellow color i still had hard time with killing those and don't die myself. im planning to keep my experiment going and write down which monsters should be adjusted etc..

#108 KatsuraKujo

KatsuraKujo

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 744 posts
  • LocationPotato

Posted 05 July 2015 - 05:51 AM

• Also i think it would help if you can see when a player is afk or not, so charname turning red when someone is afk maybe? That way a lowbie knows that the player wont reply since he/she is afk.

Agreed on this except instead of making the name some other colour as it would counter with the red target which people can hit, make an animation specifically only for people who afk for x amount of time. Like sleep, or starts moving about drinking tea or something.

I think this would be a great addition to the game as it would look nicer as well as make it so newbies can tell who is afk and who isn't

#109 VisitorX

VisitorX

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 296 posts

Posted 05 July 2015 - 05:54 AM

i agree some monsters make solo really hard, when i bumped into hornets and woopies i noticed that even if they yellow color i still had hard time with killing those and don't die myself. im planning to keep my experiment going and write down which monsters should be adjusted etc..

Just need to fix the system, not the mobs.

#110 KatsuraKujo

KatsuraKujo

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 744 posts
  • LocationPotato

Posted 05 July 2015 - 06:30 AM

Just need to fix the system, not the mobs.

The system which is including the mobs, so technically its also the mobs =p

Honestly the only way of leveling so far is just grinding (well fastest and everyone is doing it) so its not exactly the system that needs to be changed, but the way and variety of ways you can level. So it could diminish grinding leveling because it can get boring.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users