#26 zefram

zefram

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1262 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:valkyre

Posted 03 July 2015 - 05:21 PM

Most of the time though I never run into any of the issues that you are having zefram, things are usually dead before they get to me, I can take a hit or two and pop ranked slims, wing away or take a graceful defeat.

I was having OGH in mind writing that. Second map has those spots where when you step on,a dozen of monsters spawn. Unless with carefull timing of ygg berry,or unless i'm having no limit on, i usually die there. I think with eddga you can just pot and walk your way out.

I am a huge fan of Eddga card. I would prefer it over even memory of thanatos, if i'm to disregard the base prices.It lets you farm and level a lot more efficiently and the best thing is, you get rid of that annoying flinching effect. That alone is such a game changing experience imo.Withour that, gameplay is much more comfortable and enjoyable.

A tip to fellow rangers : you can earn what you spend for an eddga card in few months without flinching effect.I don't know a faster way to make zenny in this game.

Edited by zefram, 03 July 2015 - 05:23 PM.

#27 Memoir

Memoir

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1744 posts
  • Server:EternalLove

Posted 03 July 2015 - 05:29 PM

Tip: use camo. You won't trigger the bug mob... Or you can time it properly to one shot it with AS.

#28 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 03 July 2015 - 05:32 PM

Tip: use camo. You won't trigger the bug mob... Or you can time it properly to one shot it with AS.

Even better, you can learn that the spots are stationed in specific areas and like myself after having run OGH solo over 30 times and have learned where and how to trigger them safely and thus activate them in a timely and efficient manner to reduce the 2nd phase to anywhere from 3 minutes to 5 minutes with no deaths or close calls whatsoever.

The mob spawns are not random, just saying <3

A tip to fellow rangers : you can earn what you spend for an eddga card in few months without flinching effect.I don't know a faster way to make zenny in this game.

I wouldn't mind know how this is true. In-depth examples please, I could use this level of zeny.

Edited by Nirvanna21, 03 July 2015 - 05:37 PM.

#29 Memoir

Memoir

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1744 posts
  • Server:EternalLove

Posted 03 July 2015 - 05:38 PM

I remember posting a video of soloing ogh about a few months after it came in. The gears I used during that time were white wing set(full set all upgraded over +9) and a +12 bm Elven bow. Quite old but basic. Feel free to use it as a reference.

Edited by Memoir, 03 July 2015 - 05:40 PM.

#30 zefram

zefram

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1262 posts
  • Server:valkyre

Posted 03 July 2015 - 06:30 PM

Even better, you can learn that the spots are stationed in specific areas and like myself after having run OGH solo over 30 times and have learned where and how to trigger them safely and thus activate them in a timely and efficient manner to reduce the 2nd phase to anywhere from 3 minutes to 5 minutes with no deaths or close calls whatsoever.

The mob spawns are not random, just saying <3

I wouldn't mind know how this is true. In-depth examples please, I could use this level of zeny.

Didn't knew that spots were not random and could be avoided. 

As for eddga card, basically, in theory (coz i dont have one ) , i think you can just go in TI map and form huge amounts of mobs and AS>greed and repeat. wichbine, aunoe, hodremlin or whatever, we have those monsters regularly these days.

ranger might not be the best class for this actually. A geneticist with PK might be a better fit but yeah, depending on how much time you dedicate on farming, the card will reimburse itself evetually thats for sure.

I remember back in time once i farmed 17 vanberk cards in 1 week, and when we had wickbine, i farmed 20 RT..number was 10 with aunoe cards. Numbers would have been much higher with bearer boots.

Edited by zefram, 03 July 2015 - 10:25 PM.

#31 MoyuZ777

MoyuZ777

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2081 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 05 July 2015 - 10:29 AM

GX gotta be the easiest to farm with though. I can pull and kill 30+ mobs and not use a single pot just using leeching gear. Then immediately greed and fwing. Do this for a while and bu the time you are done and look at your inventory, you'll have a bunch of stuff in there.

#32 ZeAlpaca

ZeAlpaca

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 443 posts
  • Server:Yo Momma Booty

Posted 05 July 2015 - 06:47 PM

GX gotta be the easiest to farm with though. I can pull and kill 30+ mobs and not use a single pot just using leeching gear. Then immediately greed and fwing. Do this for a while and bu the time you are done and look at your inventory, you'll have a bunch of stuff in there.

wrong thread.

#33 MoyuZ777

MoyuZ777

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2081 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 06 July 2015 - 09:45 AM

wrong thread.

ranger might not be the best class for this actually. A geneticist with PK might be a better fit but yeah, depending on how much time you dedicate on farming, the card will reimburse itself evetually thats for sure.

Hence my answer

Edited by MoyuZ777, 06 July 2015 - 09:46 AM.

#34 Kupo54

Kupo54

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 653 posts
  • LocationPayon
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 07 July 2015 - 04:29 PM

Didn't knew that spots were not random and could be avoided.

As for eddga card, basically, in theory (coz i dont have one ) , i think you can just go in TI map and form huge amounts of mobs and AS>greed and repeat. wichbine, aunoe, hodremlin or whatever, we have those monsters regularly these days.

I remember back in time once i farmed 17 vanberk cards in 1 week, and when we had wickbine, i farmed 20 RT..number was 10 with aunoe cards. Numbers would have been much higher with bearer boots.

GX is the best class for mid turn in terms of leveling and making zeny
You shouldn't really be getting Hitlocked in turn in though you can even wing if things get too ugly
And I remember the days of wickebine turn in and arrow storm first became viable RT's were worth about 150-200m each back then I hunted 5-10 that week

Edited by Kupo54, 07 July 2015 - 04:30 PM.

#35 DeadIntern

DeadIntern

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1725 posts
  • Server:Renewal - Chaos

Posted 07 July 2015 - 04:49 PM

Yeah, GX is nice for TIs. Although dang, how do you pull 30+ mobs in one go, without being KS-ed by another party? XD

GX is the best class for mid turn in terms of leveling and making zeny
You shouldn't really be getting Hitlocked in turn in though you can even wing if things get too ugly
And I remember the days of wickebine turn in and arrow storm first became viable RT's were worth about 150-200m each back then I hunted 5-10 that week

Yeah, but having an Eddga allows us to pull more mobs before using AS / traps to finish them off. The idea is not having to wing when things get ugly. :D

Edited by DeadIntern, 07 July 2015 - 04:51 PM.

#36 Kupo54

Kupo54

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 653 posts
  • LocationPayon
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 07 July 2015 - 04:53 PM

Yeah, GX is nice for TIs. Although dang, how do you pull 30+ mobs in one go? Perfect dodge gears?

Yeah, but having an Eddga allows us to pull more mobs before using AS / traps to finish them off. The idea is not having to wing when things get ugly. :D

I think I would prefer KE because rangers are just too squishy to be tanking too many mobs but yeah usually I just wing of the mob gets ugly

#37 DeadIntern

DeadIntern

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1725 posts
  • Server:Renewal - Chaos

Posted 07 July 2015 - 04:59 PM

I think I would prefer KE because rangers are just too squishy to be tanking too many mobs but yeah usually I just wing of the mob gets ugly

KE is good too, but it's based on a proc and you need to get hit first to proc it.

I prefer something permanent like Eddga. It's useful to run away from MVPs too, when a few hits is enough to kill rangers.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users