Autumn Hairband - Page 4 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Autumn Hairband

• Please log in to reply
427 replies to this topic

#76 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 02 July 2015 - 06:34 PM

But with this hat and what we currently have available, it is. Intern's statement was a hypothetical "if they can't be 1-shot".

Without this hat being available it may end up being the case, and at such a time Rangers will need to learn how to actually play the game instead of rolling their face across their keyboard and watching the screen explode.

Maybe, just maybe, they should be playing their Rangers a little less aggressively given their status as glass cannons, instead of relying on raw power and complaining when it doesn't see them through.

Why don't you take 2 hours out of your busy schedule and look at some of the videos and replays Rangers actually put out.

I don't know if you notice the effort and skill Rangers put in to various situations, but I am really getting sick of this "learning to play your class" mentality. Arrow Storm is meant for Big. Aoe. Damage. It would not be a storm of arrows otherwise.

Rangers ARE glass cannons. Trapper builds are an exception.

#77 EscanorLion

EscanorLion

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 02 July 2015 - 06:36 PM

The point is that Rangers deal too much damage over too large an area with few drawbacks. Not that they deal damage at all.

I agree with CC needing attention. A lot of skills that function similarly need attention to reduce their viability for 1-shot spam and total reliance on them over the rest of each class' kit.

AB is single target, again, it can only be compared to other single target skills. AB vs Warging is a better measure of usefulness and damage.

If taking the 30% or whatever you call OP off can result in the exchange for no-cooldown and smaller range arrow storm, I raise both my hands for that.

Edited by EscanorLion, 02 July 2015 - 06:37 PM.

#78 neko1231

neko1231

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 721 posts

Posted 02 July 2015 - 06:37 PM

But with this hat and what we currently have available, it is. Intern's statement was a hypothetical "if they can't be 1-shot".

Without this hat being available it may end up being the case, and at such a time Rangers will need to learn how to actually play the game instead of rolling their face across their keyboard and watching the screen explode.

Maybe, just maybe, they should be playing their Rangers a little less aggressively given their status as glass cannons, instead of relying on raw power and complaining when it doesn't see them through.

err...u can try one shot in bio3 ....i highly doubt if u can do that without no limit
and remember, no-limit has 4 min cool down.
i only know RKs and genes soloing bio3.... u tell me some examples for rangers soloing it plz?

#79 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 02 July 2015 - 06:43 PM

I am just gonna add this as well.

I want to hear complaints from people who main a Ranger and play it frequently.

I don't know what classes you play on Renewal regularly Almr, so I apologise if you do, but I will say this. I play Ranger every day, I know a lot about them and learn more from other Rangers all the time.

It's like hearing Jaye saying they played a Ranger, but they don't main it. They don't spend their days playing this class. If it was a Wanderer, then sure, I would take it more to heart because the proof is in the pudding and the time invested and publicised on that class from Jaye is there. You can tell they care about the class.

So get some people who do play this as a main like myself to comment on this. And don't take it personally if you do main as a Ranger, I really don't know much about what you play in Renewal Almr.

Edited by Nirvanna21, 02 July 2015 - 06:43 PM.

#80 EscanorLion

EscanorLion

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 02 July 2015 - 06:46 PM

And in that case why aren't you just autoing them down, keeping them locked or trapped or pushed? If AS is unsafe then don't AS. The game shouldn't need to cater to your desire to kill everything you can see with a single click. That's just a cop out.

By the way, "single click" doesn't mean you need not learn anything. First of all, you need to find a safe to place to spam the "one-shot" not just rushing into the center of 100 mobs. 

According to your words, RK's, Warlock's or Sorc's even need to learn more than rangers since they only need to click on the ground to spam aoes.

#81 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10855 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 02 July 2015 - 06:53 PM

-__-

they arent weak,the game is just unbalanced and well..

actually my ranger kill more using Shield+ CK than bow,bow is just 4fun and  1x1 against RG's,Sura's.

u know my ranger very well :rice: :rice: :rice: :rice:

btw,actually is possible to specialize AS/Auto warg...

At the moment my ranger can AS,WARG,MANUAL WARG,Hunter trap.

is just about the correct gears,build and consumable.

and when bio 5 hat arrive here,well,my hybrid build will be awesome (i need a SS to make it OP but im poor ç_ç)

I dont know your ranger. I think you play Ninja dont you?

And ranger is weak /gg

#82 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10855 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 02 July 2015 - 06:54 PM

Also this thread escalated quickly lol

#83 DeadIntern

DeadIntern

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1725 posts
  • Server:Renewal - Chaos

Posted 02 July 2015 - 06:55 PM

It is if you have very high end gears (not just AHB) and NL is activated. So it is a very specific situation for superbly geared rangers only. For the rest of the rangers with +9 gears and without AHB, it's not hypothetical anymore.

i'll have to repeat Nirvanna's question on this: have you ever tried playing ranger in bio3 or bio4? Or hunting high level MVPs with it? Do you seriously think all rangers have to do is rush in and simply start doing 300K damage to those MVPs while they do miniscule damage to us because we somehow still be able to wear alice valk shield while using a bow?

Archers have always been the easiest to level of all classes. Been that way since ever.

sure because GX cant leech HP while continuously RC-ing away with only 1 INT. And even if you think rangers are easy to level, what then? You still cant compete in terms of MVPing and WoE like other classes do. Besides, you guys still recruit rangers in your party right? So you're enjoying our AS too for your leveling activities.

If you feel like you're in danger from Eremes then play less aggro and learn to gear swap. Smack demons away with Repel and trap their approach before you back off. Use a Smokie accessory so you can evade targeted skill casts. Don't run around like a chicken with your head cut off? Think outside the box.

an RK can just stand there and DB away until they die because they can equip a shield and their damage benefits from habing high vit.

Or a sura who snaps around to pull 10 mobs, then obliterate all of them in a single FC.

Which is the OP class now?

I think it's absolutely amazing :kappa: that people can level efficiently in Bio3 on Classic with things like SinXs, Mastersmiths, LKs, Snipers and TKMs, none of which have access to gigantic AoEs. It's mind boggling how much better they are at the game than your typical Renewal player @_@

P.S. typing from phone is really hard ×_×
give me back numpad keypads please

Edited by DeadIntern, 02 July 2015 - 07:16 PM.

#84 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 02 July 2015 - 06:57 PM

I am just gonna add this as well.

I want to hear complaints from people who main a Ranger and play it frequently.

I don't know what classes you play on Renewal regularly Almr, so I apologise if you do, but I will say this. I play Ranger every day, I know a lot about them and learn more from other Rangers all the time.

It's like hearing Jaye saying they played a Ranger, but they don't main it. They don't spend their days playing this class. If it was a Wanderer, then sure, I would take it more to heart because the proof is in the pudding and the time invested and publicised on that class from Jaye is there. You can tell they care about the class.

So get some people who do play this as a main like myself to comment on this. And don't take it personally if you do main as a Ranger, I really don't know much about what you play in Renewal Almr.

I'm about 80% Classic now but on Renewal, when I play, I main Mado Mech, Ranger (one AS, one Warger/Bolter, along with a Low TI perma-FAS Sniper for funsies) and WL (with a Low TI perma-HW too).

Edited by AlmrOfAtlas, 02 July 2015 - 06:59 PM.

#85 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 02 July 2015 - 06:58 PM

Archers have always been the easiest to level of all classes. Been that way since ever.

If you feel like you're in danger from Eremes then play less aggro and learn to gear swap. Smack demons away with Repel and trap their approach before you back off. Use a Smokie accessory so you can evade targeted skill casts. Don't run around like a chicken with your head cut off? Think outside the box.

I think it's absolutely amazing :kappa: that people can level efficiently in Bio3 on Classic with things like SinXs, Mastersmiths, LKs, Snipers and TKMs, none of which have access to gigantic AoEs. It's mind boggling how much better they are at the game than your typical Renewal player @_@

Classic and Renewal are different. You should know better.

#86 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts

Posted 02 July 2015 - 07:01 PM

Classic and Renewal are different. You should know better.

Not that much. Player skills are cross compatible and the mobs down there function the same way ;|

#87 Saralen

Saralen

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 583 posts
  • Location...
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 02 July 2015 - 07:04 PM

Sheesh, I go to sleep for a few hours and the discussion spans 3 pages. Agggh, whatever!

What I am saying:

Rangers aren't so bad. Lots of people play them. Besides, in party play, they make sure the kills are done effectively. :p_angel:

What I really want to say:

OMG! Like, get over it already, okay? Y'all, like, stress too much and get wrinkles and you're giving me wrinkles. I don't do wrinkles. :ani_glare:

#88 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 02 July 2015 - 07:04 PM

Not that much. Player skills are cross compatible and the mobs down there function the same way ;|

But it is different nonetheless. Classic and Renewal are polar opposites.

Sheesh, I go to sleep for a few hours and the discussion spans 3 pages. Agggh, whatever!

What I am saying:

Rangers aren't so bad. Lots of people play them. Besides, in party play, they make sure the kills are done effectively. :p_angel:

What I really want to say:

OMG! Like, get over it already, okay? Y'all, like, stress too much and get wrinkles and you're giving me wrinkles. I don't do wrinkles. :ani_glare:

I like to argue things. It's what I do, good or bad :D

Edited by Nirvanna21, 02 July 2015 - 07:05 PM.

#89 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 02 July 2015 - 07:14 PM

fallacy.png

Ranger is most popular class in the game for a reason.

Edited by Jaye, 02 July 2015 - 07:15 PM.

#90 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts

Posted 02 July 2015 - 07:15 PM

AB needs to be green D:

#91 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 02 July 2015 - 07:16 PM

fallacy.png

I don't really care though. I think the classes that fall under the green really do need a buff.

But I don't think Ranger needs a nerf.

Pretty simple.

#92 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 02 July 2015 - 07:18 PM

TAKING AWAY A BUFF YOU SHOULDN"T HAVE GOTTEN IS NOR A NERF

ASQDSWWfsdgersherhjn

#93 DeadIntern

DeadIntern

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1725 posts

Posted 02 July 2015 - 07:18 PM

fallacy.png

Because its cheap to start the class with. And from there, they can farm low level instances and MVPs to buy better gears or branch out to other class.

#94 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 02 July 2015 - 07:20 PM

TAKING AWAY A BUFF YOU SHOULDN"T HAVE GOTTEN IS NOR A NERF

ASQDSWWfsdgersherhjn

It is when people expect Rangers to deal the damage they currently do. If a Ranger can't do more damage than an RK, Gene, GX etc etc on pack mobs; suddenly it HAS NO PARTY QUALITIES THAT ARE WANTED. This headgear is the thing that MAKES or BREAKS Ranger AS damage. If you don't believe that, then you don't play the class enough.

#95 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts

Posted 02 July 2015 - 07:26 PM

I don't know how Rangers even managed to exist before AHB.

Is it impossible for Rangers to merely contribute to AoE damage, rather than carry a party as the only killer? Wombo combo.

#96 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 02 July 2015 - 07:27 PM

Is it impossible for Rangers to merely contribute to AoE damage, rather than carry a party as the only killer? Wombo combo.

The problem is I can never tell you. I stopped playing just before traps were fixed. I came back nearly a year ago now. AHB was already introduced so I don't know.

They don't carry a Bio4 party mind you, but they sure as -_- need to be able to compete to be useful.

#97 DeadIntern

DeadIntern

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1725 posts

Posted 02 July 2015 - 07:29 PM

Even before AHB was out and level cap was still 150, you guys were already campaigning to nerf AS damage..

#98 DeadIntern

DeadIntern

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1725 posts

Posted 02 July 2015 - 07:31 PM

Even before AHB was out and level cap was still 150, you guys were already campaigning to nerf AS damage..

#99 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts

Posted 02 July 2015 - 07:34 PM

AS is pretty much the running joke that Pre Renewal players use to justify their hatred of Renewal. That skill is Gravity's indelible sin.

http://forums.irowik...ad.php?t=106667

#100 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 02 July 2015 - 07:38 PM

AS is pretty much the running joke that Pre Renewal players use to justify their hatred of Renewal. That skill is Gravity's indelible sin.

http://forums.irowik...ad.php?t=106667

I just read through that topic and laughed. The gears do make AS strong but the few gears that make it game breaking are hardly available to a lot of the playerbase.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users