Weekly Item mall point lottery. - Proposals & Suggestions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Weekly Item mall point lottery.

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 TheRealCaNehDa

TheRealCaNehDa

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1140 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 03 July 2015 - 07:33 PM

Person pays 50 IM points to play 6 different sets of numbers... or 10 IM points for 1 Set of numbers, 7 numbers total for each selection, Players will be able to choose their numbers, or auto-select random generated numbers.  
(a person can pick as many numbers as they wish, given they have the points to do so) 

People with premium membership, will be able to choose their numbers, or have random numbers automagically selected for them... ; however, they will get one free draw a week, each premium member will automagically drop 5 IM points into the pot, without it costing them any actual IM points.... those points will just be created from them being logged in that week. 

Prize pot will continue to grow, without a cap, until someone wins. 

The numbers a person can choose, will be 1-48 which will be automagically selected once a week,  6 normal numbers will be selected, plus a bonus.

Prizes will work as follows; 
7/7 numbers = jackpot win (shared equally if someone else has same numbers) 
 6/7 + bonus number = 6% of total jackpot win 
6/7 = 3%  of total jackpot win 
5/7 = 00.003% win

*shrug* Just a suggestion :)  -- If people are interested enough, I can have some of just the basic  code written up. 

Jackpot total will also include zullie, and can also be bought for 500m per 1 set of numbers, which will drop into the prize pot as zullies, that will be able to be won, with the IM points. 

Edited by TheRealCaNehDa, 03 July 2015 - 07:42 PM.

#2 Banrukai

Banrukai

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1251 posts
  • Location中国China
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:.¤·°­·.¸ Arua ¸.·°­·¤.

Posted 11 July 2015 - 02:17 AM

I'm not sure about weekly, but maybe a monthly lottery. This would give people enough time to rack up some money to put towards the lottery.

#3 TheRealCaNehDa

TheRealCaNehDa

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1140 posts

Posted 11 July 2015 - 07:31 AM

Winning the lottery is almost impossible... even if a person only bought one ticket once a month, their chances are still fairly nil, the main proposal of this suggestion, is to give premium players even more!... why? --- So that hopefully with this type of addition, players will want to be premium just for the free lottery, and we can remove game energy entirely from the game, which imo is severely detrimental to the game. 

the odds of getting 7 numbers right, out of 48 numbers selected, is astronomical.  -- even with the free weekly draws people would be getting, I wouldn't actually expect someone to ever actually win it.  - and as I said, the prize pool would continually grow. 

#4 TheRealCaNehDa

TheRealCaNehDa

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1140 posts

Posted 11 July 2015 - 07:37 AM

I did some quick math to the odds of actually winning this lottery; 
% 0.1458333333333333  Odds of winning main prize...

If you made the lottery monthly, instead of weekly, that would ensure 0 winners for the rest of our lives almost. 

#5 TheRealCaNehDa

TheRealCaNehDa

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1140 posts

Posted 11 July 2015 - 07:40 AM

I think my math is off, because I am getting a total amount of 679 possible different number combinations to ensure a win... which would make the lottery very exploitable at a certain point XD 

#6 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts
  • Twitter:@LovatianOwl
  • LocationCaves of Owlverick
  • Server:Le' Forumz

Posted 11 July 2015 - 08:38 AM

I'm pretty sure this type of gambling is prohibited by our rating with the ESRB. 

#7 Banrukai

Banrukai

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1251 posts
  • Location中国China
  • Server:.¤·°­·.¸ Arua ¸.·°­·¤.

Posted 11 July 2015 - 08:55 AM

I agree, and i forgot to mention that.

#8 TheRealCaNehDa

TheRealCaNehDa

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1140 posts

Posted 12 July 2015 - 02:41 AM

I'm pretty sure this type of gambling is prohibited by our rating with the ESRB. 

the prizes wouldn't be ACTUAL cash.... - 
What's really so different about this type of gambling, than saint patties boxes / lucky spin... 

iunno, I'm not a law major, so I wouldn't really know. 

#9 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 12 July 2015 - 02:54 AM

The difference is value.

For one, yes, it is 'real' money, you don't get IM points for killing mobs, you need to purchase them. They're a representation of cash used to subvert having to refund payments if someone is dissatisfied with their purchase.

Second, the difference between Lucky Boxes + Event Boxes in the IM compared to what you're proposing is that the Pat' Boxes + Lucky Boxes etc, guarantee you get something of equivalent value. Your proposal does not. 

So technically, the Random Item Boxes aren't gambling at all, you're getting something from a list, of which all items/quantities are equal to or greater than what you paid. It's a guaranteed purchase value. Your Lottery is not. 

And I'm not a law major either, I just use common sense. 

Edited by Feuer, 12 July 2015 - 02:55 AM.

#10 TheRealCaNehDa

TheRealCaNehDa

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1140 posts

Posted 12 July 2015 - 02:59 AM

Item mall points can be generated through other means than just paying cash.

My proposal suggests it would be won to the char that bought the ticket, the points themselves wouldn't be tradable, however, the person could sell the points within the game for zullies, if someone shall ever win. 

One cannot go out into the real world, and buy a TV with item mall points.  - Can almost do that with a Cryptocurrencies, but we're not quite there yet. 

Edited by TheRealCaNehDa, 12 July 2015 - 03:01 AM.

#11 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 12 July 2015 - 03:17 AM

Do you mean Premium Points? Because the only way to 'generate' IM points on your account without spending money is with those stupid surveys that give you 15 points for 30 minutes of monotonous clicking and 80% of them don't even pay you the .15cents. And how are you supposed to sell points? Unless you mean, buy items with the points and sell the items. 

#12 Castanho

Castanho

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1549 posts
  • LocationGarden of Aru
  • Server:That one

Posted 12 July 2015 - 05:15 AM

Loterry with zuly. Better way to 'remove' some zulie and slowly balance the market. Also, a equal chance to EVERYONE premium/no premium, old, beginners. Then theres must be a limit of tickets you can buy. 

#13 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 12 July 2015 - 05:20 AM

There's still that annoying 'ESRB' the staff has to maintain. Any form of gambling 'ei betting something with no guarantee of returned value' would change the ESRB and ROSE would lose it's target audience. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users