Fear skill for Mage - Page 2 - Proposals & Suggestions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Fear skill for Mage

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#26 DJROCKDAN

DJROCKDAN

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 07 July 2015 - 10:34 PM

You're completely avoiding the fact that the Mage is ranged. Champs are not. 

And you forgot that range doesn't save you in DG since monsters firstly goes after Mage. Plus bosses like Ulverick can use it's Stun AoE and you'll be dead in no time.

Edited by DJROCKDAN, 07 July 2015 - 10:37 PM.

#27 KatsuraKujo

KatsuraKujo

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 744 posts
  • LocationPotato
  • Playing:ROSE Online

Posted 07 July 2015 - 10:45 PM

And you forgot that range doesn't save you in DG since monsters firstly goes after Mage. Plus bosses like Ulverick can use it's Stun AoE and you'll be dead in no time.

i can last 2 stuns with my mana shield. So i'm not sure what's the matter. I have mana shield which defends me from the 1st stun, and the 2nd stun is my health which went half. And that's me with a 228 mage wearing endowed +10 with sea acce, for the mana shield increase.

So no, i do not agree to this. Its about build and team composition. That's mostly how the entire game, everything in the game is about build, playstyle and team composition.

And also refering from feuer's video, he did survive with that range aoe. Remember that last few parts? he still survived while cleaning the 2nd room of the other half WITHOUT BUFFS.

Edited by KatsuraKujo, 07 July 2015 - 10:46 PM.

#28 DJROCKDAN

DJROCKDAN

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 08 July 2015 - 12:29 AM

i can last 2 stuns with my mana shield. So i'm not sure what's the matter. I have mana shield which defends me from the 1st stun, and the 2nd stun is my health which went half. And that's me with a 228 mage wearing endowed +10 with sea acce, for the mana shield increase.

So no, i do not agree to this. Its about build and team composition. That's mostly how the entire game, everything in the game is about build, playstyle and team composition.

And also refering from feuer's video, he did survive with that range aoe. Remember that last few parts? he still survived while cleaning the 2nd room of the other half WITHOUT BUFFS.

You're MP build right? Well in that case you might be more "tanky" than me. My MP without buffs is just 22k, but I'm DMG dealer build, anyway it feels unfair for me that the boss can kill me in a single hit.

BTW you forgot that Ulverick can eat buffs (also Mana Shield), so if your Mana Shield is gone and he uses stun, you're dead, unless your Mage can survive it without Mana Shield.

#29 KatsuraKujo

KatsuraKujo

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 744 posts
  • LocationPotato

Posted 08 July 2015 - 01:07 AM

You're MP build right? Well in that case you might be more "tanky" than me. My MP without buffs is just 22k, but I'm DMG dealer build, anyway it feels unfair for me that the boss can kill me in a single hit.

BTW you forgot that Ulverick can eat buffs (also Mana Shield), so if your Mana Shield is gone and he uses stun, you're dead, unless your Mage can survive it without Mana Shield.

My mp is actually less than yours without buffs (i think). Its only more when i get buffed which i reach 33k mp. Whereas forfeited mana shield gave me 31k shield. It does shield me from the Ulverick aoe stun.

And i did not forget that. If you're actively playing mage, and only have one target so what's wrong with Ulverick eating buffs? I can dual using mage and cleric with my other friend as well helping me to kill Ulverick. If you're good enough that should not affect how the game is going much other than how hard it can get. Indeed it is hard though. In fact, i did that sort of dungeon just last night with another newbie in my clan.

Lastly, i wasn't the only one that forgot something. This topic is to have a something like fear skill. Where as Ulverick's aoe has nothing to do with this skill and you dying in 1 hit from the last king in Ulverick.

#30 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts
  • Twitter:@LovatianOwl
  • LocationCaves of Owlverick
  • Server:Le' Forumz

Posted 08 July 2015 - 03:27 AM

1: If you have max range passives, and STAY at max range, his stun cannot reach you, that is the point of the Range Passives.

2: Having toyed with the aggro system in ROSE I can safely say, no. Mobs in DG don't just go for Mage first. They go for whatever hits them first. 

Here's how the AI works for CoU Spiders for example. And you can test this yourself.

1: Spiders are hit or player enters their aggro radius.

2: spiders target and attack player.

3: AI then clears aggro, and begins sequence again. If in this clear phase you hit them first, they will target you. If your team members hit them first, they will target them.

4: Lastly, 'taunt' mechanics will only work for 1 hit, then the AI clears the taunt, and re-selects.

There are obviously other variables, such as apply status downs, range to the target. Player level to monster level, etc. However, the aggro system is pretty easy ti manipulate.

Having more practice doing so will help you survive longer.

#31 pdfisher

pdfisher

Champion Representative

• Members
  • 5246 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania, in the heart of PA dutch country
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 08 July 2015 - 03:32 AM

Anyway back to the original topic.... I played an MMO, I think it was Everquest, where the mobs would sometimes cast fear on you, and your character would literally go running in the opposite direction for a bit. You couldn't control it at all. It was really kind of cool!

#32 DJROCKDAN

DJROCKDAN

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 08 July 2015 - 06:44 AM

1: If you have max range passives, and STAY at max range, his stun cannot reach you, that is the point of the Range Passives.

2: Having toyed with the aggro system in ROSE I can safely say, no. Mobs in DG don't just go for Mage first. They go for whatever hits them first. 

Here's how the AI works for CoU Spiders for example. And you can test this yourself.

1: Spiders are hit or player enters their aggro radius.

2: spiders target and attack player.

3: AI then clears aggro, and begins sequence again. If in this clear phase you hit them first, they will target you. If your team members hit them first, they will target them.

4: Lastly, 'taunt' mechanics will only work for 1 hit, then the AI clears the taunt, and re-selects.

And how am I suppose to get skill points for everything? I kinda have to choose between Mana Shield or Skill Range and Accuracy passives.

#33 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 08 July 2015 - 08:09 AM

No, you can get it all just fine.

Here is the build I'm using

2h2fgo3.png

with 2 sp left over [mines just in a unique]

And incase you're going to say 'it's not max' never said it was but if you do the below, you'll get the same range as the normal passives provide with some of the missing skill power.

Drop 1 point from eye, 2 points from thunder storm and you'll have 5 sp, use that for teaching of the magi [skill power / range]

You'll have enough range to avoid CoU stuns, and the rest of the DG's you don't even need to worry about stun range, CoU has the largest.

#34 pdfisher

pdfisher

Champion Representative

• Members
  • 5246 posts

Posted 08 July 2015 - 12:26 PM

*Sigh* I tried to keep it on topic. :p_ang:

#35 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 08 July 2015 - 12:42 PM

The topic is about mage survival, the proposition is the byproduct of it. Discussing weather or not it's needed is key in the proposal being taken seriously. The thread is perfectly on topic pam, you're the only one dragging it off topic. 

#36 pdfisher

pdfisher

Champion Representative

• Members
  • 5246 posts

Posted 08 July 2015 - 04:49 PM

Oh please do forgive me! I thought the topic was about a fear skill for a mage! Silly me!

#37 DJROCKDAN

DJROCKDAN

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 08 July 2015 - 09:04 PM

Can the devs atleast make it so we wouldn't need to spam Mana Shield? Can't it just automatically drain that % of mana when it's destroyed and self-recast?

#38 angeltje

angeltje

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2687 posts
  • Twitter:https://twitter.com/angelltjee
  • Server:Arua

Posted 08 July 2015 - 09:09 PM

Can the devs atleast make it so we wouldn't need to spam Mana Shield? Can't it just automatically drain that % of mana when it's destroyed and self-recast?

No they cant, just practice.
Automatic things are for lazy people..

#39 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 11 July 2015 - 02:27 AM

Uploaded a more 'applicable' video, without me messing around in lvl 70 gear.

https://youtu.be/7549BBHvbYM

Enjoy. 

Edited by Feuer, 11 July 2015 - 02:28 AM.

#40 DJROCKDAN

DJROCKDAN

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 11 July 2015 - 10:41 AM

Uploaded a more 'applicable' video, without me messing around in lvl 70 gear.

https://youtu.be/7549BBHvbYM

Enjoy. 

This is much better, but you have to admit that you had a very good tank who took all the aggro.

#41 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 11 July 2015 - 10:53 AM

So, now you're going to browbeat the mage for having/using an effective team? What should I do next, refine everything to max, blow a wad of cash in the IM to buy the clan %'s for PvM? and buy a king set for the hyper inflated price? Then just go solo all the waves + sub bosses? Cause trust me, I could. Though I definitely do not want to. 

#42 DJROCKDAN

DJROCKDAN

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 13 July 2015 - 12:28 PM

So, now you're going to browbeat the mage for having/using an effective team? What should I do next, refine everything to max, blow a wad of cash in the IM to buy the clan %'s for PvM? and buy a king set for the hyper inflated price? Then just go solo all the waves + sub bosses? Cause trust me, I could. Though I definitely do not want to. 

Look buddy, I just want to point out that without a good team your Mage is nothing. It's basically food for mobs. Where the Champ can do much more than Mage.

If I'll find some time, I'll make a vid too, but this one would show Champ's power in CoU versus Mage.

#43 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 13 July 2015 - 02:32 PM

OK then, you do that, and I'll make a Video of my using my Mage to clear CoU all the way up to ulverick without a PT assist? We'll see who's faster/better. 

#44 pdfisher

pdfisher

Champion Representative

• Members
  • 5246 posts

Posted 13 July 2015 - 03:02 PM

The challenge is on!

#45 angeltje

angeltje

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2687 posts
  • Twitter:https://twitter.com/angelltjee
  • Server:Arua

Posted 13 July 2015 - 09:06 PM

The challenge is on!

I bet on Feuer, on who do you bet?

#46 pdfisher

pdfisher

Champion Representative

• Members
  • 5246 posts

Posted 14 July 2015 - 03:30 AM

I bet on Feuer, on who do you bet?

I don't bet, but if I did, it would be on Feuer.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users