Hello ROSE community, beginner inside - Introductions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Hello ROSE community, beginner inside

• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

#1 Fliederduft78

Fliederduft78

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1691 posts
  • LocationCurrently on Earth
  • Playing:Dragon Saga
  • Server:Last one standing

Posted 05 July 2015 - 01:20 AM

I'm just the nice guy from your neighborhood (DS). Sorry, I'm missing out on the usual welcome fruit cake. But the thing is it is like super hot in Germany ( whole Europe actually) and to be completely honest I'm actually hating those fruit cakes. So no fruit cake from me. :p_smile:

Hi to all  :p_idea:

Why I'm posting in here and not in the DS section you ask?

Oh that is quite simple, I'm trying out ROSE since a few days now....secretly. Well, not so secret anymore I guess...from now on...  :p_omg:

The facts are, I'm a bloody newbie. I never touched this game at all before. I do play DS - I love it. This won't change, cause this game means a lot to me. But that doesn't mean that I can't enjoy another game and have the same fun with it.  And to be brutally honest, out of all the games WP does offer I chose ROSE to be the second WP game I play (enjoy so far actually).  :p_smile:

Back on topic, I'm totally lost on a few things I encountered so far. I do have some experiences with some other, let's call them "big" mmorpgs. But none of them had pure mouse movement control so far. I do play adventure games from time to time, so I'm okay with the "click and move to" movement. Even though I often find myself touching the "w/arrow up key" to move - it's not working of course. DS movement is completely keyboard key based, the mouse is just for clicking menu things. Which makes it even a bit harder. However I'm willing to get myself adjusted to mouse only movement. 

Actually the mouse moving part is something my first question is about.

Is there a way to make the mouse move a bit slower, especially when turning around?

It's extremely fast when I turn the camera around the moment I want to change my direction. Like I move it a tiny bit and the char in game thinks it is time to visit Australia. I looked up the in game game settings, even the ones in the patcher. But I wasn't able to find anything. Maybe I'm just stupid. So I thought I go and ask the ones (you) that actually have some knowledge about the game.

My second question is regarding in game mounts.

Is there a way to "feed" them with some sort of pet food, so they can have a long and happy life?

Please have a look at my ava picture. It shows my main DS char and his best buddy. As you can see it is a Drake. This is the mount I have in DS. I farmed him myself in the game (running a dungeon over and over and over till the boss dropped the rare pet egg). This means I have "Darki" (his name I chose for him) with me since he was a little egg. I got him through all the 3 mount stages ( mounts in DS  "grow" kinda - not look wise but ability wise) and everywhere this char goes in the game, Darki follows. 

I'm asking because DS has so called "pet food".That adds 1, 10, or 30 days to the lifespan of a pet.

I got this nice bug creature mount from a quest and actually like it. I would love to choose it to be the "lifetime" companion for this char. This is why I'm asking. 

Edit: nice beginning so far, forum killed half of my post XD

have to write it again. Please give me some more time.

Edit with the missing text follows:

Where is the "city of Zant" located?

I have a really hard time getting used to the map. It is very tiny and the world map is not very helpful. Yes, there is Zant written on it, I saw it. But I still don't know in which direction I have to go.

Is there maybe a zoom in function for the world map too, that I missed?

Does the quest  in the quest book show me somehow when it is finished?

I killed a lot of pumpkins, too many I guess. Before I actually noticed the big yellow "?" on the map.

One of them killed nearly me btw. But I managed it to run out of his aggro range before it could do so.

Tried my luck on other pumpkins and it was fine.

Is there an indicator on the strength a monster is?

(Like do not touch this, it will kill you)

Is there an indicator to know if a monster is aggro, neutral, or friendly?

(Like: do not come close it or it will start fighting/  it will only fight if you attack it first/ it is just a nice fellow running around)

Is there some sort of an "open market" / "auction house" in this game?

Basically a place to sell stuff to others, or to buy stuff from others. I really enjoy doing that. I mean, really.

Are we allowed to have a free user shop to sell some things to others?

I do play the gun type class and got myself a little gun, plus two active gun skills so far. Plus a little buff, class buff I guess. I got a question regarding fighting things. The class says it can attack things from far, but so far all the things I attacked from far keep running towards me. Is there a nice fast way to get my char  a little more far away from those things again?

Generally any hints/tips regarding fighting would be greatly appreciated and very helpful.

Yes, I have to agree fighting things in this game is tough. I actually didn't have expected it being that tough. But I'm used to "die" in games sometimes. I really enjoy playing ROSE so far. I love all the quests and things to do. Even though yes, the quest rewards of many quests aren't that great. But still, I enjoy doing them.

DS will ever be my homebase, nothing is gonna change that. But ROSE is really fun to play too. I will for sure continue playing it as long as I have fun doing so - I hope this will be a loooong time.  :p_smile:

And I for myself take the tough leveling and fighting as a challenge.  :p_smile:

I thank you for your time reading this and for helping me.

Edited by Fliederduft78, 05 July 2015 - 01:40 AM.

#2 angeltje

angeltje

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2687 posts
  • Twitter:https://twitter.com/angelltjee
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Arua

Posted 05 July 2015 - 01:34 AM

welcome to rose online,

I'm doing this experiment of doing the newbie experience, which i am recording all.

What does this means for you, well watching these episode about mine newbie experience and i play the game for 3 years, can help you in the process.

To answer your questions, about the mouse i have no idea ( maybe Feuer knows this).

But the beginner mounts that you get for free are just temporary, so you cant have them longer. but you can get permanent mounts from lucky spin/item mall/vendors/dungeons & from the Christmas quest.

about selling you can sell your items to npc and to vendors (player made shops).

click here, for the explaining about monster strength, i advice you to fight yellow or green monsters.

About the mini map if you watch one of the episodes of my newbie experience, you can see that i can drag the map around with my mouse and also i can zoom in/out with scrolling at it.

My tip will be, use items like armor/boosters/food that you get from quests and from the blue box (which is at your inventory, consume tab). Also don't skip any map and fight the yellow/green monsters, try to attack the monsters that stand alone.

Hopefully i did reply your questions good enough, you can always pm me here or in-game for any help needed.

Edited by angeltje, 05 July 2015 - 01:46 AM.

#3 Fliederduft78

Fliederduft78

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1691 posts

Posted 05 July 2015 - 01:54 AM

Thank you very much for your answer. :p_smile:

You guys got a wiki too, that's great news. Should have tried google at first, sorry for that. 

I will for sure have a look at those videos. And at the item mall. Maybe a mount in it does "click".

So my little bugger will die no matter what. That's still kinda sad. But I guess that is how life goes on here.

Is there a way in the game to buy me some in game food?

Or mana/health potion.......things, if this game got some that is?

#4 angeltje

angeltje

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2687 posts

Posted 05 July 2015 - 01:58 AM

Thank you very much for your answer. :p_smile:

You guys got a wiki too, that's great news. Should have tried google at first, sorry for that. 

I will for sure have a look at those videos. And at the item mall. Maybe a mount in it does "click".

So my little bugger will die no matter what. That's still kinda sad. But I guess that is how life goes on here.

Is there a way in the game to buy me some in game food?

Or mana/health potion.......things, if this game got some that is?

food you can buy any food npc, like Pony (adventure plains), sharlin (zant).

No need to apologize i like to help and if you cant find your answers at the wiki just let me know and i will try to assist you :)!

Edited by angeltje, 05 July 2015 - 01:58 AM.

#5 Fliederduft78

Fliederduft78

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1691 posts

Posted 05 July 2015 - 02:03 AM

Aaaah, there it is. Found it. Once again thank you so much.  :p_smile:

Time to buy some apples. An apple a day keeps the doctor away....  :p_smile:

And thanks for the tip with the map. It is actually a great help now that I know that I can move it around by mouse. So I can finally have a look at the whole thing. 

So, now back to the old "problem"...finding the quest targets, hihi. Shall be fun.  :p_smile:

#6 angeltje

angeltje

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2687 posts

Posted 05 July 2015 - 02:06 AM

Aaaah, there it is. Found it. Once again thank you so much.  :p_smile:

Time to buy some apples. An apple a day keeps the doctor away....  :p_smile:

And thanks for the tip with the map. It is actually a great help now that I know that I can move it around by mouse. So I can finally have a look at the whole thing. 

So, now back to the old "problem"...finding the quest targets, hihi. Shall be fun.  :p_smile:

quest targets? in like monsters or npc? which quest is it? big chance that i can help you out :)

#7 Fliederduft78

Fliederduft78

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1691 posts

Posted 05 July 2015 - 03:17 AM

Yup the needed monsters. But I got it.  :p_smile:

First game I'm actually reading the quest texts, no joke. Not at all....

Now the only problem still existing is:

I still can't identify if a monster I come across will go and attack me as soon as I am in it's range.

How I'm supposed to notice this?

So far all bees and stuff have been neutral to me. Means they all only attacked me once I attacked them. None of them did it so far on it's own.

Oh forgot, yup.......now it's official, my first death just happened.  :p_laugh:

A bee warrior was a bit stronger as I thought i would be (yellow monster - so I thought I might have a try). Well, turned out that guy was stronger.

But it's just fine. I did kill some other things, finished other quests and came back. Guess who did die at the end? 

Yup, revenge.  :p_smile:

#8 pdfisher

pdfisher

Champion Representative

• Members
  • 5246 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania, in the heart of PA dutch country
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 05 July 2015 - 03:47 AM

For monsters (mobs), go by the name color. White/gray is way below your level, Purple is way above your level. It goes from highest to lowest like this: Purple, Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, Gray. Yellow will be the mobs appropriate for your level. There is no indicator of aggro level unfortunately.

As for your mouse, I would like into your mouse sensitivity settings on your PC. It might be a tad too high. As for movement, the arrows keys will work. At least the up one does.

If you are in Luxem Tower Valley, Zant is located to the North. The gate to get there is in the upper left corner of the map.

I have some links in my signature which might be of help to you. Just be aware the Rose Online Compendium: mats section. the list of what monster drops what mat is no longer correct, since the drop table was changed. Several of us are trying to keep the Rose Wiki updated, so it should be pretty good right now.

There is no auction house in Rose yet. If you check your basic skills, you will find a vend button. This allows you to become a shop. Click it, and the menu opens. Drag and drop whatever you want to sell in it, put the price you want, and the amount you want to sell of the item. Give your shop a name if you want and click start. If you want to buy something, there is a buy tab. Click that, and place an icon of what you want to buy in there. If you don't have the item on you, you can search it out amongst other shops, put your cursor on the item, and click crtl+left click. You will get a box asking if you want to place it on your buy list. Once you have everything you want on your buy tab, then click the individual item on it, click the little "basket" symbol at the bottom. Type in the price and amount you want to buy. Do that for each item. When you are done, click start.

I am not sure, but there may be a passive skill which allows you to expand your range.

Sometimes you will get a notice of when a quest is completed, but most times you just have to actually check the quest box.

As for pets, no, right now there is no way to prolong their life, except by having a cleric heal them.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to ask me, either here or in game. Gideonara is my main right now. If you need help, like buffs or better gears, don't be afraid to ask. Welcome to Rose Online! I hope your gaming experience is wonderful here.

Edited by pdfisher, 05 July 2015 - 03:50 AM.

#9 Fliederduft78

Fliederduft78

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1691 posts

Posted 05 July 2015 - 04:58 AM

Thank you.  :p_smile:

I just hit level 20, have done all the quests in two maps so far. Died once, was the only death so far.

I just rely on the buff I personally skilled, so far no other buffs involved.

And I reached Zant.  :p_laugh:

I will have a look at the links in your signature, thanks for that.

And thanks, now I finally know what the "vend" button is far. So far I've been to feared to click on it.  :p_smile:

The pet thing actually is something still bothering me...It's a shame I can't buy one pet and after that an item that makes it stay alive. 

But yeah, different game, different rules. This one, as strange as it sounds, gives me a hard time to adjust. But I will try to.

The aggro thing could get funny I think. Well, if something is aggro I will for sure notice. So if you see a person running for it's life, this could be me.  :p_smile:

I will try to adjust the mouse speed in windows, just thought the game might offer a special setting for this.  :p_smile:

So next step is becoming a shop, this sounds weird, kinda....

Uhrm, stupid question ahead........but.........how can I get a glimpse on what is selling for how much?

Like a price range I could orientate myself on......

Thanks for all the help so far guys!  :p_smile:

#10 angeltje

angeltje

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2687 posts

Posted 05 July 2015 - 05:02 AM

Thank you.  :p_smile:

I just hit level 20, have done all the quests in two maps so far. Died once, was the only death so far.

I just rely on the buff I personally skilled, so far no other buffs involved.

And I reached Zant.  :p_laugh:

I will have a look at the links in your signature, thanks for that.

And thanks, now I finally know what the "vend" button is far. So far I've been to feared to click on it.  :p_smile:

The pet thing actually is something still bothering me...It's a shame I can't buy one pet and after that an item that makes it stay alive. 

But yeah, different game, different rules. This one, as strange as it sounds, gives me a hard time to adjust. But I will try to.

The aggro thing could get funny I think. Well, if something is aggro I will for sure notice. So if you see a person running for it's life, this could be me.  :p_smile:

I will try to adjust the mouse speed in windows, just thought the game might offer a special setting for this.  :p_smile:

So next step is becoming a shop, this sounds weird, kinda....

Uhrm, stupid question ahead........but.........how can I get a glimpse on what is selling for how much?

the char i use for my experiment is lvl 23 and i did 18-23 at zant and that was quite harder then the first two maps.

so good luck, maybe use the boosters (buffs) which you got from the blue box :).

#11 KatsuraKujo

KatsuraKujo

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 744 posts
  • LocationPotato

Posted 05 July 2015 - 05:18 AM

I think i buffed you xD i saw a someone with a pet pumpkin lol.

Also, you can't really check the price openly. You'll need to check every vendor in junon to know the average selling price of each item. Don't look at the buy list, most people would buy for a really cheap price, so don't bother looking at that to check the price.

Good luck =3

#12 VModCupcake

VModCupcake

Too Legit To Quit

• VMod Retired
  • 1259 posts

Posted 05 July 2015 - 09:31 AM

Hi and welcome to Rose! I can imagine that things here seem very foreign to you compared to DS but this is a friendly community so just keep asking questions if you are confused. I see you've gotten a lot of excellent help in this thread so far. I'll try to clear up the confusion about pets. 

In Rose we have mounts and there are also pet capsules. They may look similar or even be the same monster but their funtion is very different. We also have carts, which look like a car. You can take the quest to learn to drive at level 50 or above. No special skill is needed to use a mount.

Mounts should be considered as a means of transportation rather than a pet. The Choropy you have currently has about a 2 week lifespan, At level 50 you will receive a giant Chicken mount which will be usable for 30 days. The Item Mall has both 7 day mounts and permanent mounts. Obviously the permanent ones cost more and normally those are the ones you will see for sale in player's shops. Unlike carts, the mounts never need fuel and they never die. However, you will be knocked off of your mount if attacked by a monster and a mount is for one person only. With a cart, you will not be removed unless you are killed. You can get a back seat and transport yourself and another character at the same time. Since dual clienting is allowed in Rose, most people, especially at higher levels, will have both mounts and a cart for convenience.

Pet capsules have a limited life span. Their function is to help you fight. When you attack a monster, the pet will attack it too. When the pet's hp is gone, it will disappear. Depending on your job class, you might also have a skill or skills that summon a helper to fight with you. These summons can be buffed when a cleric buffs your character and they will eventually "die" too but the skill can be recast to make them appear again.

If you are using a gun, then you are able to attack from a distance but as soon as a monster is attacked, it will start moving towards you. That is true of every monster in Rose. In general, monsters won't attack first unless they are aggressive and there is no visual sign of that so just be watchful as you move around. 

Feel free to pm me anytime if there is something I can do to help. I hope you enjoy your time in Rose. 

#13 Castanho

Castanho

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1549 posts
  • LocationGarden of Aru
  • Server:That one

Posted 05 July 2015 - 09:45 AM

Welcome! Any help you need in-game, jut contacte me.  :p_love:

#14 Fliederduft78

Fliederduft78

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1691 posts

Posted 05 July 2015 - 10:14 AM

Thank you so much guys, for all the nice responses and welcomes. :p_smile:

And much thanks to you Cupcake, you for sure explained the mount thing very well. I now understand completely.

Btw, we do have cars in DS too. But besides driving a car while riding them, they got abilities too. (fighting together with you, or healing you)

Aaand ...they can only be driven by one person. That's quite a huge difference compared to ROSE. I really like that you are able to take someone else with you. :p_smile:

So basically I learned now i want a mount and a car.......okay.  :p_smile:

The multiclienting thing confuses me a bit. On DS we got a multiclienting policy. It is not completely forbidden, but not completely allowed either. I try to stay away from it, personal opinion thing. I'm not sure if I will use it in ROSE though, kinda feels wrong to me...But thanks for letting me know about it.

Depending on your job class, you might also have a skill or skills that summon a helper to fight with you.

This is actually the reason why I took the class I took. I want to have (pets, companion...things) fighting together with me.

I hope the dealer gun type is the one that has such a skill?

Or do I have to go for the canon dealer to have it?

Just for the records, woot second death. It was a bee something. So far revenge is a part of the future. But the future will come.  :p_laugh:

I might have hit a "slight" problem though. In the map where Zant is, there is a farm. That guy gives me two options for getting a pet - a jelly bean/a pumpkin. I did go for the pumpkin one. So far I tried to do this quest 3 times now. Okay, I have to admit I haven't seen the timer at first try. So it are basically two tries.

However the quest wants me to go back to the starting area to "catch" some pumpkins. The only place I can find that has pumpkins in it is the pumpkin farm. (The place that cowboy pumpkin and I met and I ran...) However I have killed about 50 pumpkins (I tried everyone there is) and somehow this quest isn't working for me how I expect it. I thought "catch" would mean "kill". But somehow only some of the pumpkins do count for the quest. Only the normal pumpkins, that I found out, but the problem is not all of them. Do I do something wrong?

Is this not the right spot?

Maybe some nice guy can help me out with that problem. Cause I would love a pumpkin pet.  :p_smile:

I think i buffed you xD i saw a someone with a pet pumpkin lol.

Sadly nope, wasn't me. I'm still working on that pumpkin...  :p_smile:

#15 pdfisher

pdfisher

Champion Representative

• Members
  • 5246 posts

Posted 05 July 2015 - 10:30 AM

I have never been able to complete those quests! I can never get enough proofs in time. Perhaps they should give more time, or increase the chance to get a proof. I wouldn't worry about it too much as those are side quests, which don't need to be completed unless you want to. You are not doing something wrong, it's just the way that quest is.

#16 angeltje

angeltje

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2687 posts

Posted 05 July 2015 - 10:33 AM

Maybe we can do it together tomorrow :), when i continue questing with lovelyangeltje ^-^.

#17 Fliederduft78

Fliederduft78

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1691 posts

Posted 05 July 2015 - 12:02 PM

I have never been able to complete those quests! I can never get enough proofs in time. Perhaps they should give more time, or increase the chance to get a proof. I wouldn't worry about it too much as those are side quests, which don't need to be completed unless you want to. You are not doing something wrong, it's just the way that quest is.

Oh, thanks Elga.  :p_smile: You can't believe how glad I am to hear this. Oh wait, you guys don't know Elga. It's the final boss of DS. Sorry.

Note to myself: have to find a ROSE word for this... :p_smile:

I'm not giving up on this yet, just so you know.  :p_laugh:

Maybe we can do it together tomorrow :), when i continue questing with lovelyangeltje ^-^.

Oh, I would love that. Just leave me a pm here on the forums when you are on, if you like. :p_smile:

Just for your informations, I'm now level 25 and still doing Zant quests. The bee thing died, revenge is taken.  :p_smile:

I'm still not able to finish one quest in the area, cause the monster is too strong. So I will have to grind a bit more to level some more.

Thanks so much for the help guys!  :p_smile:

#18 angeltje

angeltje

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2687 posts

Posted 05 July 2015 - 12:08 PM

Oh, thanks Elga. :p_smile: You can't believe how glad I am to hear this. Oh wait, you guys don't know Elga. It's the final boss of DS. Sorry.
Note to myself: have to find a ROSE word for this... :p_smile:

I'm not giving up on this yet, just so you know. :p_laugh:

Oh, I would love that. Just leave me a pm here on the forums when you are on, if you like. :p_smile:

Just for your informations, I'm now level 25 and still doing Zant quests. The bee thing died, revenge is taken. :p_smile:
I'm still not able to finish one quest in the area, cause the monster is too strong. So I will have to grind a bit more to level some more.

Thanks so much for the help guys! :p_smile:

Revenge is strong motivation :P. Which monster? I did fight all types at zant when i lvled from 18-23 today. Another tip: keep questing at zant till a quest tells you to talk with npc at breezy and fight there. It makes you move maps on correct lvl :).

#19 HoneyBunz

HoneyBunz

ROSE Online Community Member for July

• Members
  • 1428 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 05 July 2015 - 01:43 PM

Hi! I would like to add my welcome to the rest here in this thread.

I have actually been able to complete both quests from Lampa but they are pretty hard to do without buffs and a scroll to Adv Plains. I'd be happy to help you out with both of those things or anything else. Whisper to me on HoneyBuns or Sulky   :)

As for summons, you have two that you can get as a dealer.  They are on the crafting tab

Spoiler

Then depending on your second job choice, you might have the option to get a few more but either way you'd always have these.

Edited by HoneyBunz, 05 July 2015 - 08:07 PM.

#20 Fliederduft78

Fliederduft78

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1691 posts

Posted 05 July 2015 - 10:29 PM

Hi! I would like to add my welcome to the rest here in this thread.

I have actually been able to complete both quests from Lampa but they are pretty hard to do without buffs and a scroll to Adv Plains. I'd be happy to help you out with both of those things or anything else. Whisper to me on HoneyBuns or Sulky   :)

As for summons, you have two that you can get as a dealer.  They are on the crafting tab

Spoiler

Then depending on your second job choice, you might have the option to get a few more but either way you'd always have these.

Aaah, there they were hiding. Thank you so much!  :p_laugh:

Newbie me hasn't taken a look at the crafting table yet, because..........well.......I thought it would be for crafting.  :p_smile:

A "scroll to adv plains" sounds interesting. What is this?

I actually was going to ask if there is some sort of teleport system in ROSE. Cause DS has one (with ingame currency), but it isn't too cheap. An average teleporting does cost around 2 gold. To get this in relation to common DS quest gold rewards.........if you get rewarded with 2 golds for finishing a quest, you did a very good job.

If you manage it to save up 3k gold, you are rich.  :p_smile:

I already noticed, as a monster simply dropped me 104 (what was the ingame currency in ROSE called again?) I was like  :p_conf: OMG. Okay I realized that money amounts are a bit higher in this game. But still, it sounds like a million to me. Or better lottery jackpot.  :p_smile:

Very dumb question ahead. In my inventory window at the bottom, there are two separate fields with numbers in it. I believe one of them is my ingame currency, right? But which one is it? And even more interesting would be if you could tell me what the other field of it is for?

Oh yes, I became a shop. Didn't sell or buy anything so far, just wanted to try out how it feels to be a shop.  :p_smile:

But I sold some lowbie things to another user shop (the one with the best offer, hrhrhr...). I assume I could have gotten more money out of it, hihi, but I'm completely fine with what I got.  :p_smile:

Bought some more food and tried killing the monster that is left again, failed.

Sorry I can't remember the names very well, so many informations at once. But it is the grey big wolf type thing running around the little brown wolf type things.

Oh yes, got accidentally buffed. Felt like a super hero. Sadly I didn't have the "kill the big one" quest at that point.

Now I got a feeling what buffs in this game can do to you.

You can kill me now, but I found it too easy with buffs.  Was no fun killing things, cause I just had to sneeze at them and they died. :heh:

I will try to make one more level to day and to try the "big one" again. Wish me luck.  :p_smile:

#21 angeltje

angeltje

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2687 posts

Posted 05 July 2015 - 11:55 PM

Newbie me hasn't taken a look at the crafting table yet, because..........well.......I thought it would be for crafting.  :p_smile:

I actually was going to ask if there is some sort of teleport system in ROSE. Cause DS has one (with ingame currency), but it isn't too cheap. An average teleporting does cost around 2 gold. To get this in relation to common DS quest gold rewards.........if you get rewarded with 2 golds for finishing a quest, you did a very good job.

I already noticed, as a monster simply dropped me 104 (what was the ingame currency in ROSE called again?) I was like  :p_conf: OMG. Okay I realized that money amounts are a bit higher in this game. But still, it sounds like a million to me. Or better lottery jackpot.  :p_smile:

Very dumb question ahead. In my inventory window at the bottom, there are two separate fields with numbers in it. I believe one of them is my ingame currency, right? But which one is it? And even more interesting would be if you could tell me what the other field of it is for?

Oh yes, I became a shop. Didn't sell or buy anything so far, just wanted to try out how it feels to be a shop.  :p_smile:

But I sold some lowbie things to another user shop (the one with the best offer, hrhrhr...). I assume I could have gotten more money out of it, hihi, but I'm completely fine with what I got.  :p_smile:

Sorry I can't remember the names very well, so many informations at once. But it is the grey big wolf type thing running around the little brown wolf type things.

Oh yes, got accidentally buffed. Felt like a super hero. Sadly I didn't have the "kill the big one" quest at that point.

You can kill me now, but I found it too easy with buffs.  Was no fun killing things, cause I just had to sneeze at them and they died. :heh:

I will try to make one more level to day and to try the "big one" again. Wish me luck. 

scrolls are our teleport system, those you can buy by the food npc of the cities who have the option for scroll to that city.

Also we got tele tickets, those you can buy by vendors or item mall.

Indeed the money amounts are higher in this game, but if you sell materials to vendors and keep picking up zullie boxes (the currency that drops) you make a good start :).

About which one shows your currency in-game, Check the screen shot in the spoiler.

Spoiler

Myself i enjoy quests without buffs more also, but on later lvl you would love those buffs and kinda need them, if you ever need buffs contact any of those kind people replying to your questions here or contact me. Since my main (name: angeltje) is Full Support Cleric.

Also the big one you mean is probably the woopie glutton. I might see you anytime soon in-game with my char lovelyAngeltje ;).

Edited by angeltje, 06 July 2015 - 12:06 AM.

#22 Fliederduft78

Fliederduft78

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1691 posts

Posted 06 July 2015 - 01:29 AM

Thanks for enlightening me.  I greatly appreciate it. I finally found my money.  :p_laugh:

Woopie glutton, yup that's it.

So far it is 5:0........5 for him........ 

About the buff thing, yes I see this coming. I will rely on buffs as soon as I need them. But I understand what you are trying to say.

I already understood that buffs are one main thing in this game. I just don't want to get "over buffed".......hard to explain. Let's say it like this: I'm okay to  take the ones I need but don't want to be a super hero 24/7.  I will have to find a way that feels okay to me regarding this. But I'm sure I will.

At time being everything is.........new........Like the whole game. So any new npc, menu, thing is basically "new information right here" and those do sum up.....lots. I just try to handle all of that right now. To take in as much as possible without head explosion.  :p_smile:

Oh if I should ask the same question again, please excuse. It could be it's something I forgot, or didn't manage to take in yet. It's not meant offending or bothering in any way.  :p_smile:

And yes, maybe. Can't wait to say "hi" to you in the game.

Thank you so much, to everyone posting in here and helping me out. Really.  :p_smile:

#23 pdfisher

pdfisher

Champion Representative

• Members
  • 5246 posts

Posted 06 July 2015 - 02:43 AM

I will try to make one more level to day and to try the "big one" again. Wish me luck.  :p_smile:

Haha this is too funny! Perhaps the big one is the Woopie King? They are basically a boss, so they will be much harder to kill.

#24 Fliederduft78

Fliederduft78

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1691 posts

Posted 06 July 2015 - 04:53 AM

So far so good, just hit level 30. And I'm now officially questing in Breezy (finally).  :p_smile:

Might be a bit over level, but makes things easier to kill. Still hard enough though. So who cares?! 

The "big thing" I wasn't able to kill is called "Woopie Gllutton". 

Do I have to mention that I killed 6 of them, just to end the "match" with 5:6 so I win it?  

....nope, don't think so... 

Revenge is taken once again.  :p_laugh:

I came across the Woopie King, had a small look at it and ran for my life. 

Yes, the quest says "prince"...........not "king"......and even has a little note inside the quest text NOT to mix up "king" with "prince" or else......yup......Let's say I now know why the quest is pointing this out..

Well...........clearly should read everything written down in the quest text..........yup  :p_smile:

However, after a little search the Woopie "prince" and I met. Killed it at first try. Was just me and one summon. Thanks for the help with the summons, clearly helped lots. Some food was used though and I ended the fight with about 25% health. No buffs at all, except the one I skilled personally.  :p_smile:

How come that if you could need a buff nobody is around (I thought a little buffing would be okay for the prince thing)?

But of course when you are for example off to the toilet/get something to drink/ out of the fridge/ or getting yourself a snack.....every single time.........somebody pops up buffing? 

My reaction to this as follows in a row to the happenings:

Oh well. Okay, Dang. Noooooohohoooo. Headdesk.

I can honestly say there are enough really friendly buffing people in the game. 

Just wanted to let you guys know. There are lots and lots very newbie friendly and helping people in this community. You guys can be very proud of that.  :p_smile:

Oh yes, I got the pumpkin pet. Arrived with about 45 seconds left back at the farm.Phew.

All the way back I was like: I can do it, I can do it, I can do it.......run faster little bugger...... 

This pumpkin pet, has a number (1) next to it. It's description says it will help me in battle and fight for me.

Do I assume right, that this is a "one time use" thing?

In the way of, once I summon (use) it and it dies in the battle it is gone for forever, correct?

Or do I miss something here?  :p_smile:

Would be a bit disappointing though at the end. However the victory of actually finishing the quest stays. So I'm fine.  :p_smile:

#25 angeltje

angeltje

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2687 posts

Posted 06 July 2015 - 04:58 AM

So far so good, just hit level 30. And I'm now officially questing in Breezy (finally). :p_smile:
Might be a bit over level, but makes things easier to kill. Still hard enough though. So who cares?!

The "big thing" I wasn't able to kill is called "Woopie Gllutton".
Do I have to mention that I killed 6 of them, just to end the "match" with 5:6 so I win it?
....nope, don't think so...

Revenge is taken once again. :p_laugh:

I came across the Woopie King, had a small look at it and ran for my life.
Yes, the quest says "prince"...........not "king"......and even has a little note inside the quest text NOT to mix up "king" with "prince" or else......yup......Let's say I now know why the quest is pointing this out..
Well...........clearly should read everything written down in the quest text..........yup :p_smile:

However, after a little search the Woopie "prince" and I met. Killed it at first try. Was just me and one summon. Thanks for the help with the summons, clearly helped lots. Some food was used though and I ended the fight with about 25% health. No buffs at all, except the one I skilled personally. :p_smile:
How come that if you could need a buff nobody is around (I thought a little buffing would be okay for the prince thing)?
But of course when you are for example off to the toilet/get something to drink/ out of the fridge/ or getting yourself a snack.....every single time.........somebody pops up buffing?
My reaction to this as follows in a row to the happenings:

Oh well. Okay, Dang. Noooooohohoooo. Headdesk.
I can honestly say there are enough really friendly buffing people in the game.
Just wanted to let you guys know. There are lots and lots very newbie friendly and helping people in this community. You guys can be very proud of that. :p_smile:

Oh yes, I got the pumpkin pet. Arrived with about 45 seconds left back at the farm.Phew.
All the way back I was like: I can do it, I can do it, I can do it.......run faster little bugger......

This pumpkin pet, has a number (1) next to it. It's description says it will help me in battle and fight for me.
Do I assume right, that this is a "one time use" thing?
In the way of, once I summon (use) it and it dies in the battle it is gone for forever, correct?
Or do I miss something here? :p_smile:

Would be a bit disappointing though at the end. However the victory of actually finishing the quest stays. So I'm fine. :p_smile:

Indeed summons from that kind are one time only. So when its gone after dying or when you die or when you move maps.
Im glad you like the game and gratz for ariving at breezy and also gratz for getting the summon.
I am pleased to hear that you encountered some friendly players :)!

Edited by angeltje, 06 July 2015 - 05:00 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users