Hello ROSE community, beginner inside - Page 2 - Introductions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Hello ROSE community, beginner inside

• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

#26 Fliederduft78

Fliederduft78

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1691 posts
  • LocationCurrently on Earth
  • Playing:Dragon Saga
  • Server:Last one standing

Posted 07 July 2015 - 05:40 AM

Aah, I see. Thank you. :p_smile:

I'm sure I'll find just the right situation to use the little pumpkin pet. Maybe someday it will come in handy.

The victory of finishing that quest stays, no matter what.   :p_smile:

I have some more newbie questions....I hope I didn't bother anyone to death already by asking so many things.

Please forgive my missing knowledge, I surely try to learn.

I have picket up some "dirty heart stones"........hope that was the correct name. They are in my shop inventory section. The description tells me "you have to clean them to know what is inside"...something like that. 

What are those for?

How do I clean them?

I have picked up some "crystals". Those are as well in my shop inventory section. Those are even more confusing.

What are those for?

How do I use them?

And I had.......assume......luck......to pick up a "drill". This is to make a place (with a chance) to put something into an item?

Is this the socketing system of ROSE?

Like you put it into for example your shoes and if it works you can add something in that "spot" that gives them better stats?

Sorry this part is really confusing me.  :p_smile:

What is this for?

How do I do this?

I found an NPC in Zant, sorry forgot the name, that is willing to "upgrade" my gear.

I assume it is similar to DS. Like the gear gets +1, +2, +3 and so on and by doing so gets better stats. Something like this?

In DS we can so called "enchant" things till +4  without the risk of destroying the item. I'm guessing this is something similar.

After +4 we have two more levels in which the item can't break but return to +0 if "upgrading" fails. After that we are forced to use a so called "insurance scroll" to prevent the item from destroying in the case "upgrading" fails. This is an IM item, but we are able to buy it in user shops and to farm for it to get it.  :p_smile:

Do you have a similar system in ROSE?

If so, till which upgrade "level" could I use the system without risks?

Do I need some sort of extra item to prevent any harm to the item I'm upgrading?

And something really "bad" happened today.......I found the item mall button.  :p_laugh:

Even more "bad" is I had a look around and ........well.......let's just say.......1 butterfly wing and 1 golden tiara later.......I left this place again and continued wandering around at Breezy Hills. :p_smile:

Don't get me wrong, I'm okay spending a bit if I like a costume. I do this in DS too.  :p_smile:

But my plan was to wait a little bit longer before doing so. Well, plan failed. Those butterfly wings were just adorable. Yes and the tiara.  :p_laugh:

Could somebody please explain to me how the so called "Lucky Spin" ........thing.......works?

It's kinda a gambling game right?

I don't plan to use it just yet.........plan......hihi........yeah.....exactly. ^

Stop laughing.  :p_laugh:

So fare ROSE is a great experience and I really enjoy it. Thanks for that.  :p_smile:

#27 angeltje

angeltje

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2687 posts
  • Twitter:https://twitter.com/angelltjee
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Arua

Posted 07 July 2015 - 06:12 AM

I'm sure I'll find just the right situation to use the little pumpkin pet. Maybe someday it will come in handy.

The victory of finishing that quest stays, no matter what.  

I have some more newbie questions....I hope I didn't bother anyone to death already by asking so many things.

I have picket up some "dirty heart stones"........hope that was the correct name. They are in my shop inventory section. The description tells me "you have to clean them to know what is inside"...something like that. 

What are those for? Crafting

How do I clean them? Click on them

I have picked up some "crystals". Those are as well in my shop inventory section. Those are even more confusing.

What are those for?

How do I use them?

And I had.......assume......luck......to pick up a "drill". This is to make a place (with a chance) to put something into an item?

Is this the socketing system of ROSE?

Like you put it into for example your shoes and if it works you can add something in that "spot" that gives them better stats?

What is this for?  For making a slot in your gear, after you drilled an item successfully you can put a gem in it and indeed for better stats.

How do I do this? Click on the drill and then on the item you wanna drill.

I found an NPC in Zant, sorry forgot the name, that is willing to "upgrade" my gear.

I assume it is similar to DS. Like the gear gets +1, +2, +3 and so on and by doing so gets better stats. Something like this?

In DS we can so called "enchant" things till +4  without the risk of destroying the item. I'm guessing this is something similar.

After +4 we have two more levels in which the item can't break but return to +0 if "upgrading" fails. After that we are forced to use a so called "insurance scroll" to prevent the item from destroying in the case "upgrading" fails. This is an IM item, but we are able to buy it in user shops and to farm for it to get it.  :p_smile:

Do you have a similar system in ROSE?

If so, till which upgrade "level" could I use the system without risks?

Do I need some sort of extra item to prevent any harm to the item I'm upgrading?

Yes you need extra items, in episode 5(A) from my experiment you can see an example since im upgrading my weapon :).

And something really "bad" happened today.......I found the item mall button.  :p_laugh:

Even more "bad" is I had a look around and ........well.......let's just say.......1 butterfly wing and 1 golden tiara later.......I left this place again and continued wandering around at Breezy Hills. :p_smile:

Don't get me wrong, I'm okay spending a bit if I like a costume. I do this in DS too.  :p_smile:

But my plan was to wait a little bit longer before doing so. Well, plan failed. Those butterfly wings were just adorable. Yes and the tiara.  :p_laugh:

Could somebody please explain to me how the so called "Lucky Spin" ........thing.......works?

It's kinda a gambling game right?

I don't plan to use it just yet.........plan......hihi........yeah.....exactly. ^

So fare ROSE is a great experience and I really enjoy it. Thanks for that.  :p_smile:

I did reply some of your questions in the color green!

#28 pdfisher

pdfisher

Champion Representative

• Members
  • 5246 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania, in the heart of PA dutch country
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 07 July 2015 - 07:52 AM

The victory of finishing that quest stays, no matter what.   :p_smile:

What are those for? Crafters use them to make gems.

How do I clean them? Double click them, but it's better to sell them dirty.

What are those for? If they are dirty crystals, they are also used to make gems, as well as some types of ammuntion.

How do I use them? You can't unless you are a crafter, and have the proper skills. If you are, then when you click the skill, a box will pop up. Choose what you are going to craft, and place the correct items in the boxes. Then click start.

Is this the socketing system of ROSE? Yes, they have a chance to create a socket for you to put a gem in.

Like you put it into for example your shoes and if it works you can add something in that "spot" that gives them better stats? Correct.

What is this for? Are you still referring to the drill here?

How do I do this?

Do you have a similar system in ROSE? Yes.

If so, till which upgrade "level" could I use the system without risks? It depends on the grade of the item. Anything up until grade 9 won't break at all. Grade 9 I think will break around +13. BTW +15 is the max here.

Do I need some sort of extra item to prevent any harm to the item I'm upgrading? When you get to that point, yes. You can purchase Plutorunes in the IM or from player shops. I also think they are a really rare drop from dungeons.

And another one gets sucked into the black hole called Item Mall! LOL JK.

It's kinda a gambling game right? Yes it is. You purchase spins, then click the spin button. Click the spin button again to make it stop. There is a window at the bottom which shows which pieces are in the spin, if you don't like any of them, click the shuffle button. You can shuffle up to 5 times for each spin, however if after the last shuffle, you still don't want anything, you have to spin anyway. There is another button at the bottom which says item list. If you click that, you can see every lucky spin item in for that month.

NEVAH! 

So fare ROSE is a great experience and I really enjoy it. Thanks for that.  :p_smile: I am so happy you are enjoying this experience! Please feel free to continue asking questions.

#29 VModCupcake

VModCupcake

Too Legit To Quit

• VMod Retired
  • 1259 posts

Posted 07 July 2015 - 08:09 AM

Glad you're having fun in ROSE! I'm really enjoying your posts as you continue your journey.  I think most of your questions have been answered above. I would just like to add this link http://rose.irowiki....y_Spin_Costumes  You can read more about the Lucky Spin and also drool over the many costumes that have been featured in the Spin. ^-^

#30 Fliederduft78

Fliederduft78

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1691 posts

Posted 07 July 2015 - 08:21 AM

Thanks so much, this helped a lot. But it did also create two new questions.  :p_smile:

It depends on the grade of the item. Anything up until grade 9 won't break at all. Grade 9 I think will break around +13. BTW +15 is the max here.

grade, what does this mean?

Sorry, I think I just entered a new universe here.  :p_smile:

You purchase spins, then click the spin button.

How do I purchase those?

I saw they need a sort of "coin" thingy. Where can I find those coins?

(just in the case I do want to try this out........in a far.......faaar away future  :p_devil: )

If I continue telling me this, I might believe it someday.... hihi

Thanks for the link Cupcake.  :p_smile:

I had a look at it........and again a question popped up.

Sorry guys, I must be really bothering already.

What is meant with "disassemble"?

I saw the button in my.....action bar......thing.

What purpose does this have?

Edited by Fliederduft78, 07 July 2015 - 08:22 AM.

#31 pdfisher

pdfisher

Champion Representative

• Members
  • 5246 posts

Posted 07 July 2015 - 05:23 PM

Thanks so much, this helped a lot. But it did also create two new questions.  :p_smile:

grade, what does this mean?

Sorry, I think I just entered a new universe here.  :p_smile:

Put your cursor over top of one of your armor pieces. If you look at the description, it will say item:1, 2, 3 event, etc. This is the item grade.

How do I purchase those?

I saw they need a sort of "coin" thingy. Where can I find those coins?

(just in the case I do want to try this out........in a far.......faaar away future  :p_devil: )

If I continue telling me this, I might believe it someday.... hihi

Haha, ok if you have IM points, to purchase spins, click the buy spins button. 1000 points will give you 20 spins. To get coins, disassemble any unwanted pieces you get from Lucky Spin. Each piece will disassemble into 3 coins. It takes 5 coins for one spin. Oh if you are using coins, drag and drop them into the slot.

Thanks for the link Cupcake.  :p_smile:

I had a look at it........and again a question popped up.

Sorry guys, I must be really bothering already.

What is meant with "disassemble"?

I saw the button in my.....action bar......thing.

What purpose does this have?

Disassembling is a skill you have in your basic skills. It is used to break down unwanted items into mats, or other stuff, depending on what the item is. Crafters use this to obtain mats for crafting. If I am trying to craft something with certain stats on it for instance, instead of throwing all the bad ones away, like most seem to do, I disassemble them, and recover some of the my crafting mats. This helps me to continue longer, and to spend less money doing it. Or maybe you want to craft an item, but you need a mat. Look it up in the Rose Online Compendium, to see which items, when disassembled, have a possibility of giving that mat.

BTW if you're wondering why I use blue, it's because one of my friends here on the forums is partly color blind, He can see blue, but not green and red. I hope I answered your questions satisfactorily.

Edited by pdfisher, 07 July 2015 - 05:26 PM.

#32 angeltje

angeltje

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2687 posts

Posted 07 July 2015 - 08:34 PM

BTW if you're wondering why I use blue, it's because one of my friends here on the forums is partly color blind, He can see blue, but not green and red. I hope I answered your questions satisfactorily.

Oh in that case i should use blue also :o. Thanks for making me aware pammie.

#33 pdfisher

pdfisher

Champion Representative

• Members
  • 5246 posts

Posted 08 July 2015 - 03:25 AM

Oh in that case i should use blue also :o. Thanks for making me aware pammie.

Oh it's no problem! I figured the OP might be wondering why I chose blue to answer him.

#34 MonnaLise

MonnaLise

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 550 posts
  • LocationUnder a suspended load
  • Server:The one with Free Premium

Posted 08 July 2015 - 07:05 AM

Glad to see you are enjoying this game. *Tears of joy*

#35 Fliederduft78

Fliederduft78

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1691 posts

Posted 08 July 2015 - 10:27 AM

Oh it's no problem! I figured the OP might be wondering why I chose blue to answer him.

her :p_smile:

I know my Ava is a bit confusing, Hippo (the char on it) is my only male char and my main. There is a special story behind him and......don't know if you guys are interested in it - it's DS stuff. But for the ones that are, you can find his (my) story right here:

http://forums.warppo...2861-a-journey/

In it are some nice DS pics too, I got asked by many how DS looks like.  So if you are curious, feel free to have a look. :p_smile:

But, to be honest I never thought about your responses written in blue. It actually does make sense though. I think it's actually great what you are doing there. Cause there are many people who got problems with colors playing on here.

I will remember that info too. Thanks for that. 

Glad to see you are enjoying this game. *Tears of joy*

Aww, that made me smile. Thank you so much.  :p_smile:

So many very nice people on here. You guys know that you got a great community, yes?

It makes me really proud to become a part of this.  

Become, cause......I'm still a newbie that does no nothing.........and I do know that, hihi.  

I successfully hit  level 35 today. Another mark on the "I have been killed" list. Another revenge taken. 

It was a "hunter dalping" (those adorable little snails  )

Woot and I found the first "aggro" monster, actually two, today. Or were it three?  :p_conf:

And yes, one of them killed me right away. Wasn't expecting to get attacked. At the end it wasn't either.  

I made a picture with a baby snail in it. Those are so cute.  

Is there a snail pet in the game?

The little beginner bug mount......I can't remember the name........I have right now. Is there an IM version of it available?

I would so buy 1..........10.....

Oh yes, there is one quest in Breezy regarding placing "wind turbines"  that made me look like:

:p_idea:  :p_conf:    :p_err:       :p_hi:

I found all the locations .

And could solve this crap - sorry, just honest here - quest.  

Found the first spot by pure luck. Buggered on a strange looking ground spot and the system message " you placed a turbine" popped up.

Buggered through the whole map and found all of them. Only took me 2 hours or such...... 

But it would be really nice if the quest had at least some little hints in it. It's missing everything. 

Still questing in Breezy though, that ^ quest took most of my ROSE time today. 

Oh yes, met two really nice players today. That did help me questing. Thank you very much for this.  :p_smile:

Got buffed once again while being afk and getting something to drink. 

One more point for the "ROSE players are soo friendly and helpful" list. Thank you unknown buffer.  :p_smile:

#36 pdfisher

pdfisher

Champion Representative

• Members
  • 5246 posts

Posted 08 July 2015 - 12:18 PM

Don't sell yourself short. Your input as a new person is vital! Many of us have been around so long, we have forgotten what it is like to be new. Even if we create a new character, and choose to play it as if we were new, we still have done the quests before (some of us anyway), we know where most of the mobs are, where the NPCs are and things like that. A new player doesn't. Your perspective is unique, informative, and vital. Keep up the good work!

#37 VModCupcake

VModCupcake

Too Legit To Quit

• VMod Retired
  • 1259 posts

Posted 08 July 2015 - 01:04 PM

As pdfisher said, your input as a new player is informative and important so please keep sharing it with us. 

Regarding the Item Mall mounts- currently there are a lot of cute (and not so cute) mounts but the Choropy is not among them. I'll definitely mention it to Leo though. I bet a lot of people would want a permanent mount of that little guy. 

#38 Fliederduft78

Fliederduft78

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1691 posts

Posted 09 July 2015 - 10:53 PM

Oh, I really would appreciate that Cupcake. Thanks for asking about it.  :p_smile:

I just love this little bugger, always happy and cute.

Another thread brought up another question.

I saw ROSE has some sort of an event schedule and a wiki page regarding this.

Do all the events return every year?

Does ROSE "just" have the events listed on the wiki page?

Does ROSE have some.......random.......events too from time to time?

Just curious.  :p_smile:

Will continue playing later on. As soon as I got some time.  :p_smile:

#39 thetrangdamvn

thetrangdamvn

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1671 posts
  • LocationHanoi, Vietnam - GMT +7
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 10 July 2015 - 12:18 AM

It's not certain that all events will return every years but this is currently the Annual event schedule

And they happen all around the year. The current one is Luau Event which is started from Jul 9

ROSE used to have random events hosted by the Community Manager a.k.a ShazamO and maybe some other mods like:

- Hide and Seek: When he hides and players are required to find him as fast as possible

- NPCs' name: He'll ask some random NPCs and players should whisper him as soon as possible the name

- Random monsters in town: Load of monsters will doom the towns and players are urged to clear them fast, bring back the peaceful towns.

- Maybe more?

But ShazamO has resigned from his position and currently I don't know if anyone hosts these events anymore.

Zurn used to say he did but I haven't caught these random events for more than a year, maybe it wasn't my luck to be online at that time.

I hope someone will give you a more detailed answer.

#40 pdfisher

pdfisher

Champion Representative

• Members
  • 5246 posts

Posted 10 July 2015 - 01:21 AM

Every so often one of the staff will throw a spur of the moment event, or get a respected player to do it. Sometimes, the gms spawn a super boss. They take hours to kill, create lots of lag, but a lot of people seem to enjoy it.

#41 MaxTheDragon

MaxTheDragon

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 40 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Posted 10 July 2015 - 06:00 AM

Hey there, Fliederduft78!

Welcome to ROSE Online. I'm returning from a long break so I'm semi-new too.

Feel free to add my muse character Shinrael on which I'll be playing mostly. He's about your level I think and we can quest/train in a party if you like. :)

#42 angeltje

angeltje

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2687 posts

Posted 10 July 2015 - 07:09 AM

Feel free to add my muse character Shinrael on which I'll be playing mostly. He's about your level I think and we can quest/train in a party if you like. :)

You're both in spacemonkeys just saying xD

#43 Fliederduft78

Fliederduft78

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1691 posts

Posted 10 July 2015 - 09:10 AM

Hello there, I would love that. :p_smile:

I will try to add you to my friend list when I see you online while I am.

Thanks for the offer.  :p_smile:

You're both in spacemonkeys just saying xD

We are? cool!  :p_laugh:

That should make things a lot easier..........if.........I would understand a bit more about clans.

Is there a way to see all online members of a particular clan?

I know, you can see the ones typing in the clan chat window. But not all of who are online do type all the time.

I tried to find this feature, but sadly failed till now.

#44 VModCupcake

VModCupcake

Too Legit To Quit

• VMod Retired
  • 1259 posts

Posted 10 July 2015 - 10:01 AM

Oh, I really would appreciate that Cupcake. Thanks for asking about it.  :p_smile:

I just love this little bugger, always happy and cute.

Another thread brought up another question.

I saw ROSE has some sort of an event schedule and a wiki page regarding this.

Do all the events return every year?

Does ROSE "just" have the events listed on the wiki page?

Does ROSE have some.......random.......events too from time to time?

Just curious.  :p_smile:

Will continue playing later on. As soon as I got some time.  :p_smile:

The events that are posted here http://forums.warppo...event-schedule/  will begin and end automatically at midnight server time on the dates listed. This happens without a patch or server restart. If there are special event items added to the Item Mall for that month, those will be listed in the patch notes. Patch notes are normally posted during the time the server is down for maintenance.  Weekend events like an experience boost, are always posted at the website http://www.playroseo...eventslist.aspx

To see which clan members are online, open the clan window (alt +n) then click the members tab. The tiny picture to the left of the person's name will be highlighted if they are currently online and if you place your cursor over their name, it will show their location and some other information. 

#45 Zurn

Zurn

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 8468 posts

Posted 10 July 2015 - 11:28 AM

It's not certain that all events will return every years but this is currently the Annual event schedule

And they happen all around the year. The current one is Luau Event which is started from Jul 9

ROSE used to have random events hosted by the Community Manager a.k.a ShazamO and maybe some other mods like:

- Hide and Seek: When he hides and players are required to find him as fast as possible

- NPCs' name: He'll ask some random NPCs and players should whisper him as soon as possible the name

- Random monsters in town: Load of monsters will doom the towns and players are urged to clear them fast, bring back the peaceful towns.

- Maybe more?

But ShazamO has resigned from his position and currently I don't know if anyone hosts these events anymore.

Zurn used to say he did but I haven't caught these random events for more than a year, maybe it wasn't my luck to be online at that time.

I hope someone will give you a more detailed answer.

The ones I do tend to be later in the day (5~7pm server time), last one I think was a month or two ago.

Random monsters in town: Load of monsters will doom the towns and players are urged to clear them fast, bring back the peaceful towns.

Only a CM can do this one, so I would say for now it will be a pretty rare occurrence, I don't remember "Loads" of monsters just Giant/and Super Boss ones.

More Mini-Games/Details

Spoiler

#46 Fliederduft78

Fliederduft78

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1691 posts

Posted 10 July 2015 - 01:23 PM

Oh wow, that's lots.  :p_smile:

Thanks for telling me about all of the different kinds of events, I really appreciate it.

Maybe I can participate in one of those someday. I just hope the server time isn't too late. That's often a problem (in DS too btw), because both games are played by players all around the world. And that's why the timezone thing is always a hassle.  :p_smile:

I leveled to level 41 today. Got buffed while I was being afk again.  :p_laugh:

Thanks unknown buffer.

Got buffed three times in a row by a "known" buffer, without even asking for it. Sadly I forgot your IGN, but I want to thank you  for this. I know I already did in the game, but I just want to do it on here too. And to answer your question: Yes, it was me the DS newbie. 

Two different players today asked me if I was the "DS newbie from the forum". I felt special, hihi.

And a bit confused on how they could find out, hihi...I must really play "badly" -  like a newbie -  in the game. :p_laugh:

Thanks so much for the free buffs guys!

Even though I try not to rely on them they for sure were helpful in some situations today.

I played in a party with the "experiment" char of angeltje for some time. Besides her being a very nice person and really good in playing ROSE....I really enjoyed playing together with her. Even though I'm like "the" newbie and she answered tons of questions while killing things, I think we were a good team. This was the first real party play I had. I enjoyed it  I hope we can do this again soon.  :p_smile:

Playing in a party is something I want to continue doing. I got told there is some exp thing while playing in a party going on, but I don't know exactly what it is. However this is not my main reason, I just learned today that I enjoy playing together with others (in ROSE) (in DS I know that already, hihi).

What is this "exp thing" while being in a party?

Just curious.

A quest gave me a very nice looking free backpack, yay! 

I love it. 

Little bugger is turning into a Grandpa soon. Not much time left. Still kinda sad, even if I know this is like normal in ROSE - sometimes my DS nature pops up. This is something really bothering me. No, not the fact that the mounts die. That's fine in a free to play game. Just the fact that I can't buy any IM item to prevent them from dying - or in the case of DS simply "resurrect" them by "feeding". I really would love this option, yes even though they are just "cars" in an animal form in ROSE. I would by little bugger some food, or whatever it would be called.

Yes, big chicken ahead. I saw it. Free mount and such........don't get me wrong, I appreciate the fact it is another -free- mount.  :p_smile:

It just isn't a little bugger...actually if it could it would eat the little buggers......kinda funny.....strange.

Btw, I gave my little bugger a name. I called him.......Bob.

I'm somehow tempted to call that chicken.......Kentucky........

I had a hard time killing those bee queens. Remember, I'm not always "on" buffs. Cause I want to experience the game how it is, the good and the bad parts of it. I died 3 times today. Those queens are nasty.

I killed 9 of them so far. Have to kill some more for a quest I'm doing. Revenge is taken.  :p_laugh:

On a side note those frog guards (the ones in the lake) have high def stats. I was feeling like constantly poking them with a toothpick. But I got them down. At the time I was buffed I just had to sneeze to kill them. 

Somehow I feel there is a stage missing between the "toothpick" and the "sneeze". Like, hard to explain........buffs that do help you but don't turn you into a complete superhero. Just sharing thoughts here, ones I had while fighting with and without buffs. 

So far I still enjoy the game to the fullest. My mouse movement skills are not even close to good yet. I tend to get stuck on rocks, trees, fences, flowers, even park benches......and on bridges. I don't know how I managed this one though. Hihi, but I did....

But I really enjoy it. It's totally different to DS, but comes with it's own flair. I just came across a wonderful looking location. I will make some screens before I move on to the next area.  :p_smile:

I got an odd question. In the land I'm in now, sorry forgot the name. But it is the one after Breezy, desert type like, with a lake in the middle of the map. I took 4 "hunt" quests from a male NPC. I already solved 3 of them. After that I noticed the time on the bottom. However, the quest text tells me "to return to that NPC once the timer has run out. To get my reward".

I may be a bit stupid now, but I don't get it. I tried to return the quests once I finished them, but I can't. The NPC is right, the quests are completed, I'm "in time". Does this kind of quest really wants me to wait till the timer reaches 0:00?

I just want to make sure, don't want to do something stupid.  :p_smile:

When does the second jobchange happen?

Just curious.

I still have to decide which way to go. I got the part that the class is splitting up itself in two other classes.

Once I jobchanged to whatever second class, will my old skills (the ones I'm using now) stay?

Edited by Fliederduft78, 10 July 2015 - 01:24 PM.

#47 KatsuraKujo

KatsuraKujo

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 744 posts
  • LocationPotato

Posted 10 July 2015 - 05:10 PM

What is this "exp thing" while being in a party?

Just curious.

Party Exp goes up as the party kill monsters at their level or higher. The more the level difference the more the party leveling.

When the party levels, there's 2 things that happen, all your party members instantly gain back all your health you lost and there's an increase in exp gained depending on party levels.

Max party levels is 50. I forgot the rates of the exp at that but its better then if you solo a mob.

On a side note those frog guards (the ones in the lake) have high def stats. I was feeling like constantly poking them with a toothpick. But I got them down. At the time I was buffed I just had to sneeze to kill them. 

Somehow I feel there is a stage missing between the "toothpick" and the "sneeze". Like, hard to explain........buffs that do help you but don't turn you into a complete superhero. Just sharing thoughts here, ones I had while fighting with and without buffs. 

Yeah, quite a number of people notice this. I still find buffs helping too much which is why suggesting for a nerf for buffs. Since as a newbie without them, you die too much just trying to kill something ^^;

So far I still enjoy the game to the fullest. My mouse movement skills are not even close to good yet. I tend to get stuck on rocks, trees, fences, flowers, even park benches......and on bridges. I don't know how I managed this one though. Hihi, but I did....

But I really enjoy it. It's totally different to DS, but comes with it's own flair. I just came across a wonderful looking location. I will make some screens before I move on to the next area.  :p_smile:

Just click the place that isn't going straight towards it. Cuz when you click a certain location, your character will move in a straight line towards wherever you clicked. Right click and move your mouse to move the camera angle so you can move to a location that doesn't have any obstacles.

Also about your bridge with worm mount, well that has happened a lot. For some reason that thing can't climb bridges ^^;

Best way to get over is just go on top of the bridge, and mount there instead. Do it everytime you encounter a bridge. Also there's some parts of the bridge where you can actually mount on to using the worm. I'm not entirely sure where it is but it is doable.

I got an odd question. In the land I'm in now, sorry forgot the name. But it is the one after Breezy, desert type like, with a lake in the middle of the map. I took 4 "hunt" quests from a male NPC. I already solved 3 of them. After that I noticed the time on the bottom. However, the quest text tells me "to return to that NPC once the timer has run out. To get my reward".

I may be a bit stupid now, but I don't get it. I tried to return the quests once I finished them, but I can't. The NPC is right, the quests are completed, I'm "in time". Does this kind of quest really wants me to wait till the timer reaches 0:00?

I just want to make sure, don't want to do something stupid.  :p_smile:

I think so, you might need to wait till the timer is reaches 0.00 to hand it in.

When does the second jobchange happen?

Just curious.

I still have to decide which way to go. I got the part that the class is splitting up itself in two other classes.

At level 100, you can take the 2nd job mission from the mayor in junon city.

Once I jobchanged to whatever second class, will my old skills (the ones I'm using now) stay?

Your old skills you gained from leveling will stay as they are. The only thing that would change is your job name and an extra tab will be added to your skill tab, job section which states your class you are now after job change quest.

Glad you enjoy the game =3

Also i would recommend when you have a lot to post, please add a spoiler. Its too much to read for me, also please keep the questions in one part of the post if you have any, so its easier to navigate through your questions to be answered. Just a request from me =p

Btw pam, can your friend read orange? :v

Edited by KatsuraKujo, 10 July 2015 - 05:10 PM.

#48 Zurn

Zurn

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 8468 posts

Posted 10 July 2015 - 05:33 PM

If you're worried about being able to see colors just spit the quotes into sections and answer each part x:

hi 1

hi 2

hi 3

Break those to not stack inside each other though :P

#49 angeltje

angeltje

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2687 posts

Posted 10 July 2015 - 09:43 PM

I played in a party with the "experiment" char of angeltje for some time. Besides her being a very nice person and really good in playing ROSE....I really enjoyed playing together with her. Even though I'm like "the" newbie and she answered tons of questions while killing things, I think we were a good team. This was the first real party play I had. I enjoyed it I hope we can do this again soon. :p_smile:
Omg blush ;3 so much compliments.
But indeed we are a good team! I enjoy playing with u too naffy. I will try to login today again and i hope we can party more often :).

A quest gave me a very nice looking free backpack, yay!
I love it.   I got that backpack too, hihi.

I know right those buffs seem to strong for lowbies, i showed the effect in my special episode #2.

Also you're right without buffs its very hard to fight in el verloon desert, i noticed that myself while griding/recording.

About getting stuck i often get stuck myself, i ride like i am drunk LoL.

Hope to play again with you naffy ;3

Edited by angeltje, 11 July 2015 - 12:42 AM.

#50 cherie

cherie

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1113 posts
  • Locationthe unreachable land
  • Server:thecrashingone

Posted 11 July 2015 - 03:52 AM

Hello stubborn one with beautiful butterfly wings. Don't worry about the buffs (they don't cost a penny!), I buff nubbies as a midnight entertainment since there's little to do around that time. I've been following this thread for a few days, its like reading someone's diary (;, I am glad that you're happy with your new rose experience, if you ever need any help, just leave Chezzaaa/Choloepus a whisper :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users