Improved Training Grounds (Fun for everyone) - Proposals & Suggestions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Improved Training Grounds (Fun for everyone)

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Banrukai

Banrukai

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1251 posts
  • Location中国China
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:.¤·°­·.¸ Arua ¸.·°­·¤.

Posted 05 July 2015 - 04:01 AM

Training Grounds should be as the name says, for training. There will be two options available at Gamp.

1. Enter Training Grounds ( Level Restriction, Item/Buff Restriction )

2. Enter Training Grounds ( Free for All )

OPTION #1

You can enter this training groung from any level ( 1 ~ 2xx ). Upon entering, everyone will be staged in a spawn area where they can prepare for battle. All buffs ( Self Buffs, Cleric Buffs, Stat Buffs ) / Item buffs ( boosters ) will be removed. Also, all use of Item Mall/Event consumables is prohibited ( Boosters, Food ). You can only use food and items specific to your level. Once you leave this zone, you will have a protection buff to negate all damage/ debuffs for a duration ( 30 Sec ~ 1 Minute ). You will also be unable to engage in combat while this protection buff is active. This was done in the past, and was abused by mages to debuff people. Now this would not be an issues.

Once you are in this training ground there is a level restriction between all the players. You are only able to engage in combat with someone less than, or greater than 10 levels of you. Debuffs, and any other skills also can't affect any player outside this level restriction range. This is to prevent a high level from abusing low level players, or a low level annoying a high level by stunning them or something. Also, you can only party with, and buff other people within this level range. This is to make it fair environment between the two people fighting each other.

Next, once a battle between two players is initiated, other players can't attack them. This is to prevent interruptions. ( This part of the idea can be added or not, it has room for abuse ). Of course another player can quickly attack and make it so the battle is interrupted.

Also, once two players are engaged in combat, and either of them wins, then they both gain the protection buff. The same buff from when you enter the Training Grounds. The duration will be the same ( 30 sec ~ 1 min ). To add more to this part of the idea, you can party with people to create a 2 vs 2, 3 vs 3 match, etc. But in order to initiate combat, both sides must be equal. This will allow players to train in different situations, as well as to see how different classes work together with each other.

For example: Muse, Soldier vs Muse, Muse. Or Soldier, Soldier vs Dealer, Hawker.

If the idea is implemented, then there will be much room for more improvements. For example:

• PvP Titles ( Ex. Novice, Champion, Battle Master )
• Daily Quests to win a certain amount of battles against other players. ( Someone mentioned this before )
• Maybe add small EXP gains for defeating someone, and 50% reduced EXP reward if you are the loser. Win Win situation for both people, so it will still be fun.
• Special item rewards, only obtained through Training Grounds.

OPTION # 2

Enter Training Grounds ( Free for All ). This will be exactly how training grounds is right now. Or it can be removed completely.

Edited by Banrukai, 09 July 2015 - 09:42 PM.

#2 pdfisher

pdfisher

Champion Representative

• Members
  • 5246 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania, in the heart of PA dutch country
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 05 July 2015 - 10:35 AM

I like this idea! It would give noobies a real chance to practice PvP on their characters, and learn their class.

#3 VisitorX

VisitorX

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 296 posts

Posted 07 July 2015 - 02:26 AM

Great idea to help new players or even people that want to play lower lv characters to learn.

Also great idea for fixing the overpowered booster/im pot situation that ruins the combat in TG.

#4 Banrukai

Banrukai

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1251 posts
  • Location中国China

Posted 07 July 2015 - 02:44 AM

Thanks for the support. I hope this can get a lot attention.

I think it would make the current Rose Online experience a lot more enjoyable for everyone, rather then just max level players PvP'ing amongst each other.

I remember a time when low level players were also in the Training Grounds battling each other, as well as in the Clan Fields/ Luna Temple.

# UPDATE : I thought of some new things for this idea.

Edited by Banrukai, 07 July 2015 - 02:53 AM.

#5 MonnaLise

MonnaLise

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 550 posts
  • LocationUnder a suspended load
  • Server:The one with Free Premium

Posted 09 July 2015 - 05:25 AM

Last paragraph stated in option 1 is prone to abuse. It has been proposed years years years years ago. But as Genesis has stated people will just collaborate and feed each other to get those rewards ( its like old clan war system scenario).

Edited by MonnaLise, 09 July 2015 - 05:26 AM.

#6 Banrukai

Banrukai

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1251 posts
  • Location中国China

Posted 09 July 2015 - 09:37 PM

Last paragraph stated in option 1 is prone to abuse. It has been proposed years years years years ago. But as Genesis has stated people will just collaborate and feed each other to get those rewards ( its like old clan war system scenario).

I'm a little confused about what you are talking about... It is vague.

If it is the protection buff you are talking about, then you are wrong, it can't be abused. I mentioned that while it is active, players are unable to engage in combat, or use skills that would interrupt other players. This is so history won't repeat itself, and having people abuse the protection by debuffing other players, or attacking while the buff is active. With my idea, this would not be an issue.

As for the rewards, i'm also confused about what you are talking about. But i also didn't elaborate enough on it. These quests would be completed once per day. It would not be a continuously repeatable quest. Also, as long as people are able to run multiple clients at one time, they will always abuse something. Of course people could PvP against themselves to get the rewards, but that is boring, and the rewards would be small.

The main idea behind my suggestion is to enable people from any level the opportunity to PvP amongst people around their level and skill; A fair environment, enjoyable, and entertaining for everyone. Of course people can do that now, but there is no stable environment for it.

#7 yamz

yamz

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 953 posts
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 12 July 2015 - 08:49 PM

Nice idea, hope they implement this. This will encourage players to work on there gears and can now go to tg with out worrying class domination.

#8 MonnaLise

MonnaLise

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 550 posts
  • LocationUnder a suspended load
  • Server:The one with Free Premium

Posted 21 July 2015 - 11:53 PM

How to obtain PVP titles/rewards : kill x number of enemies in TG

**tells friend to get in and just stand there to get killed** this is collaboration/cheating/whatever they call it

or

**logging in all chars and kill kill kill*

#9 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts
  • Playing:Metal Assault
  • Server:US Server 1

Posted 22 July 2015 - 01:27 PM

As much as I like the proposed idea, there are many mechanics that would be involved to make this happen, we do not have the support for.

And it pains me to say, going through the effort to make this happen, sadly, would not be worth the effort.

The Training Grounds, while we recognize it as a huge community point of interest, is a community based creation and has been since the beginning. The natural open PvP aspect was left that way, for players to enjoy and have fun however they wish. Adding the idea of rewards to it, puts it in to a different tone, giving it a different kind of attention and consideration. We have an established place where players who with to compete against one another, for rewards, within the Game Arena.

However, the issue we do see is, the ability to enjoy it's openness, and some opinions regarding fairness. So to help cater to that aspect, and enforce the idea of reinforcing the same rules that are found within the Game Arena PvP modes, we're going to add the Junon Cartel as a Game Arena match practice area, where the rules of allowances are the same as in a Game Arena PvP match mode.

It's felt that this is the best compromise, to allow to continue the community to practice and enjoy the open PvP design for their own pleasure.

#10 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts
  • Twitter:@LovatianOwl
  • LocationCaves of Owlverick
  • Server:Le' Forumz

Posted 22 July 2015 - 01:53 PM

Getting dominated by disproportionate buffs is not FUN Leonis. In any capacity. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users