• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1 cju711

cju711

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 214 posts

Posted 06 July 2015 - 06:29 AM

i just did my first biolabs 4 party yesterday and had no idea wtf to do. i was using cursed waters (though i don't know why and how often to re-use them), and was auto-attacking randels like i thought i was supposed to until ppl were lol-ing at me for it, at which point i deduced i was supposed to be arrow storming them. i was also noticing that sometimes my attacks were "missing" some mobs, even after i had just used a cursed water, so what element(s) of arrow am i supposed to bring?

basically, i'd just like to know wtf i'm supposed to do exactly. 

#2 Havenn

Havenn

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6523 posts
  • LocationRagnarok Online
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 06 July 2015 - 06:34 AM

cursed water should only miss Gerties, which should be killed by someone else in your party (RK, Gene) I think Cursed water is pretty safe, but in general they do want you to AS. If your party is freezing mobs, then definitely use Wind converters instead

#3 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 06 July 2015 - 12:17 PM

People want you to AS. That's all they expect from Rangers in a Bio4 party. There is a big discussion in general at the moment about how what you experienced just isn't true haha.

#4 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 06 July 2015 - 12:21 PM

Big cross bow and you can arrow swap instead of using cursed water.

Immaterial arrows to kill celia
Wind arrow for frozen mobs
Any neutral arrow for everything else.

#5 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

Disney Prince in Disguise

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia
  • Server:Chaos, on hiatus

Posted 06 July 2015 - 12:43 PM

oh my god, how do you get to your level now? are you using arrow storm or clicking monster one by one? dont u have any friends or at least ask someone about ranger role there? coz it is just sad. dont tell me you dont have bio4 gears ready, and how often you died there?

#6 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10855 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 06 July 2015 - 01:23 PM

You only need to use Arrow storm to kill the mobs. Keep up with Concentrations and Falcon eyes.

The arrows you need:

Immaterial - Celia

Shadow - Randel

Silver - Gertie

Stone - Alphoccio/Trentini

Crystal - Flamel

Wind - Chen

It gets expensive over time though due to the immaterial arrows.

So if you want a simple way, just use Shadow arrows, Silver, and Wind. Sometimes the party just doesn't care if anyone is having problem with Gertie. You dont want to use Shadow/Wind arrow to hit Gertia. Switch to Silver to kill her.

#7 4782131221082418730

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2370 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 06 July 2015 - 02:15 PM

i was also noticing that sometimes my attacks were "missing" some mobs

Wrong element arrow or they have AGI UP

Edited by 4782131221082418730, 06 July 2015 - 02:15 PM.

#8 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 06 July 2015 - 02:39 PM

i just did my first biolabs 4 party yesterday and had no idea wtf to do. i was using cursed waters (though i don't know why and how often to re-use them), and was auto-attacking randels like i thought i was supposed to until ppl were lol-ing at me for it, at which point i deduced i was supposed to be arrow storming them. i was also noticing that sometimes my attacks were "missing" some mobs, even after i had just used a cursed water, so what element(s) of arrow am i supposed to bring?

basically, i'd just like to know wtf i'm supposed to do exactly. 

A question for you...

What is your current gear set?

What damage can you do with Arrow Storm?

Get back to me on this, I might shout you a basic WW Set if you don't have one, as I have a point to prove and I believe you are as good of an example as any.

#9 neko1231

neko1231

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 721 posts

Posted 06 July 2015 - 02:45 PM

im lazy so i will point u here:

many talented rangers left their opinions here, see the ranger section

http://forums.warppo...ed-may-21-2015/

#10 cju711

cju711

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 214 posts

Posted 06 July 2015 - 02:56 PM

A question for you...

What is your current gear set?

What damage can you do with Arrow Storm?

Get back to me on this, I might shout you a basic WW Set if you don't have one, as I have a point to prove and I believe you are as good of an example as any.

+9 autumm headband

WPH+alarm, full +9 WW set (except the shoes are +0), +9 elven bow and +9 bxb, sound amp under cast, ect ..... do you still want to make an example out of me to prove your point or do i need to give you disclose my enchants and cards too? not that i wouldnt take a free ww set off of you....

im lazy so i will point u here:

many talented rangers left their opinions here, see the ranger section

http://forums.warppo...ed-may-21-2015/

thank you

Edited by cju711, 06 July 2015 - 02:58 PM.

#11 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 06 July 2015 - 03:41 PM

+9 autumm headband

WPH+alarm, full +9 WW set (except the shoes are +0), +9 elven bow and +9 bxb, sound amp under cast, ect ..... do you still want to make an example out of me to prove your point or do i need to give you disclose my enchants and cards too? not that i wouldnt take a free ww set off of you....

thank you

Bummer, I figured you might have been someone who wasn't ready for ASing.

I want to prove a point about AS, since people seem to think that by reducing AS damage by changing the AHB to an intended effect, that Rangers will still be wanted in a party.

#12 DeadIntern

DeadIntern

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1725 posts
  • Server:Renewal - Chaos

Posted 06 July 2015 - 04:40 PM

I don't think there are many parties that would do that kind of thing. Yes, I've been rejected once for not having large enough damage. But the rest of my parties was okay.

#13 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 06 July 2015 - 04:51 PM

Bummer, I figured you might have been someone who wasn't ready for ASing.

I want to prove a point about AS, since people seem to think that by reducing AS damage by changing the AHB to an intended effect, that Rangers will still be wanted in a party.

I've been in parties (bio4) where the other ranger did like 1/2 what I do. If I lost the autumn hairband I'd still be better, and that ranger could simply get better. Why don't you want people to get better?

#14 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 06 July 2015 - 05:08 PM

I've been in parties (bio4) where the other ranger did like 1/2 what I do. If I lost the autumn hairband I'd still be better, and that ranger could simply get better. Why don't you want people to get better?

There are a variety of arguments for what makes Rangers broken. The place where that should count is WoE and possibly PvP. They sure as -_- aren't in there, but yet people want to do one of two things:

Complain that they are overpowered by comparison to classes which are OBVIOUSLY underpowered.

or destroy AS to the point where it is useless again and then remove the ONE skill that is useful for high end leveling.

You may be that one person who just wants the headgear changed for the sake of the project, but that bloody thread in question has a variety of complaints towards why Rangers are overpowered.

Only ONE of those complaints is valid. I will let you guess what one that is.

To be honest, I think people should just piss off from the Ranger and play their own class. Some people seem to want to try bring back party play to a game that doesn't accomodate well for it and honestly can't without bringing in massive exploits.

I suppose I am just getting sick of some of the points made when EVERY LAST ONE OF THEM is for SELF SUSTAINING PURPOSES. Outside of WoE and PvP this is not a competitive game. So it should be down to making the most enjoyable experiences for an individual player TO AN EXTENT.

And don't use world MVPs as an excuse for competition. Whoever finds it first wins, it's the race to find it that counts.

If a ranger could consistently do over 1,000,000 damage all the time with little to no effort, then of course that is BROKEN. This is not the case and the fact is you cheap shotted with a screen shot showing that under the right conditions with pretty god damn good gear and a Priest on standby that you could deal 999,999+ damage to a Poring.

Jesus.

Jaye. You're arguments usually are pretty valid, but you are providing cheap shots to try and prove a point here. The entire AHB thread is just getting on my nerves now and I will push Oda's buttons for an answer this tiki tuesday to settle this issue once and for all.

The idea of giving justification is that it should be sound enough to win over the opinions of the opposer. As no one will back down, then this debate is pointless since no one cares about the others opinion, I am especially getting frustrated with fuyu who can't seem to concentrate on one issue, he likes to jump from one pick to another.

I asked Almr for a nice list of things that would convince me, it hasn't been delivered and I find the thread in it's entirely pretty loose on all arguments (mine included).

So rant over, everyone have a good one and don't my messages as spiteful, just full of frustration at this point @_@

#15 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 06 July 2015 - 05:31 PM

I removed my last 3 posts from this thread and put them in the autumn hat thread. I recommend you do the same.

A little self moderation.

#16 Alaska

Alaska

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 4817 posts
  • LocationMontreal, Canada

Posted 06 July 2015 - 05:37 PM

The thing is, people who recruit you are generally under the impression that you will be ASing. Lately I've been noticing a lot of ASPD rangers in bio4 and they just aren't as helpful, and sometimes even get kicked from the party. >_<

#17 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 06 July 2015 - 05:43 PM

The thing is, people who recruit you are generally under the impression that you will be ASing. Lately I've been noticing a lot of ASPD rangers in bio4 and they just aren't as helpful, and sometimes even get kicked from the party. >_<

When I started leveling in Bio4, I was an ASPD warger (pure).

I got parties to begin with but then just couldn't get them because people wanted damage.

Even IF I changed to AS/Hybrid, there were many times when they would be like "Well, we got strings so would rather have a party full of DBers instead".

But it's how the dice rolls.

#18 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 06 July 2015 - 05:45 PM

I asked Almr for a nice list of things that would convince me, it hasn't been delivered and I find the thread in it's entirely pretty loose on all arguments (mine included).

I'll get around to it. There's like 13 pages of stuff to sort through '-'a

#19 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 06 July 2015 - 05:47 PM

I'll get around to it. There's like 13 pages of stuff to sort through '-'a

Yep, understandable.

Post it in the AHB thread though. Moved some other stuff there as well.

#20 Alaska

Alaska

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 4817 posts
  • LocationMontreal, Canada

Posted 06 July 2015 - 05:49 PM

When I started leveling in Bio4, I was an ASPD warger (pure).

I got parties to begin with but then just couldn't get them because people wanted damage.

Even IF I changed to AS/Hybrid, there were many times when they would be like "Well, we got strings so would rather have a party full of DBers instead".

But it's how the dice rolls.

That's what I mean when I say they're aren't as useful. In general as long as I have the key classes (one being AS ranger) I'm okay with inviting other classes/builds buuut if I'm given the option to get a DB RK or an ASPD ranger, yeah, I'd rather have the RK. When I level my ranger I plan on playing it as full AS; if I ever for whatever reason want to go ASPD I'll change it when I'm 175.

#21 arrowspear

arrowspear

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 220 posts
  • Server:Thor

Posted 06 July 2015 - 06:14 PM

I don't get it.

Rangers only get recruited in Biolab parties because of there High Arrow Storm damage. They need to kill more biolab buddies to do more. 

Rangers aren't broken compare to other classes with one shot kill attack, high defense, skill that block  long range attack and high maxHP.  Your strategy is to kill them first before they ever get to you.

Edited by arrowspear, 06 July 2015 - 06:18 PM.

#22 cju711

cju711

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 214 posts

Posted 06 July 2015 - 07:56 PM

oh my god, how do you get to your level now? are you using arrow storm or clicking monster one by one? dont u have any friends or at least ask someone about ranger role there? coz it is just sad. dont tell me you dont have bio4 gears ready, and how often you died there?

forgot to say. -_- you.

good trapper guide tho.

#23 DonatoX

DonatoX

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3097 posts

Posted 06 July 2015 - 08:02 PM

Can i see your gears for bio?

#24 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 06 July 2015 - 08:40 PM

Can i see your gears for bio?

Assume it is this:

+9 Maestro Autumn Headband

Black Devils Mask

99 Love Balloons

+12 White Wing Suits of... (Wild Cat maybe?)

+12 Double Kingbird BxB

+9 WW Mant

+11 WW Boots (Firelock)

WW Brooch

Sound Amp (Phen)

12th Anni Cost (Upper)

12th Anni Cost (Mid)

Centimental Flower Costume

+8 Immune Shadow Armour

+8~9 Athena Shield Shadow

+8 Phys Weapon

+8 Phys Pendant

+7 Phys Earring

Costume: AA Wing

+8 Champion Shoes

**Above for those who can't view the screen shot.**

screen_Chaos168.jpg

Edited by Nirvanna21, 06 July 2015 - 08:58 PM.

#25 DeadIntern

DeadIntern

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1725 posts
  • Server:Renewal - Chaos

Posted 06 July 2015 - 08:50 PM

Am I the only one that can't see the image because it's too small? ._.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users