[In the works] MVP Tier List - Feedback Appreciated (Added Rating and Tips for All) - New Player Zone and General Guides - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * - 7 votes

[In the works] MVP Tier List - Feedback Appreciated (Added Rating and Tips for All)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
96 replies to this topic

#1 Akupuff

Akupuff

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2790 posts
  • Twitter:@akupuff
  • LocationMexico
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 08 July 2015 - 02:02 PM

POPULAR

This is my attempt at crafting an MVP Tier list. Why? Because MVP's. :P Also, could help get an idea of the complexity of certain fights and the strategies they should pursue when fighting the bosses.

-= Guidelines =-

1) Natural Spawns only. BB's, Summoner and ET are another story. Though, Instace-Only MVP's are counted in.

2) Some mobs in this list are not technically MVP's, but are strong Bosses and should be in the same category.

3) The MVP's are placed following these parameters:

---Skill Set: How strong are the MVP's skills? How good are they? How bothersome?

---Attack: How strong are their regular attacks?

---HP: How much health do they have?

---Environment: How hard is to track them? How does the landscape affect the battle?

---Confrontation: How hard is to solo them? Is it possible? How about a duo? Does a tank makes the fight easy?

---Slaves: Do the slaves make the fight more difficult? How do the affect it?

---BB/ET Difference: Does being summoned from a BB or being in ET affect the overall fight? How?

---Card/Loot: Is the battle worth it? WHat kind of rewards await after the boss' defeat?

4) No Fly Wings/Teleport is taken into consideration. It's easy to hit-and-run some MVP's, but I'm talking about the purest 1v1 experience. Exiting the screen for some seconds and kiting is acceptable. Though, being susceptible to Hit-and-Run can deduct points.

5) Ratings and Tips. Each MVP is given a mini-rating on Soloability and some tips to get a better idea of what to take on such fights.

--Soloability: How hard is to solo the MVP. 5 stars (★) are awarded, 1 being Easy to Solo and 5 being Near Impossible

--Key Equips: Describes key equips to take in orded to resist the assault. Equips marked with an asterisk (*) are high end and completely optional, but make the fight way easier.

--Top Class: Describe the easiest class and/or class combination to win the fight in terms of damage output, survival and supplies.

-= Disclaimer =-

- Not all MVP's are included in the first versions of this list. Updates will come later.

- I myself haven't hunted ALL MVP's/Bosses, but have seen videos and that's why I'm asking for feedback. :3

- As of July/15/2015, all currently available MVP's and some Mini-Bosses are listed...I hope :P

x-= MVP TIER LIST =-x

-= S Tier =-

These MVP's are a beast. Require a prepared duo/party or obscenely high-tier gears and gameplay to solo.

Spoiler

-= AA Tier =-

These MVP's either require a party or an expensive part of equipment to solo. 

Spoiler

-= A Tier =-
The MVP's in this tier require secific combination of equipment to solo as well as super high awareness and skill. Though, a tank usually make this fights so much easier. You need to beat these to be considered a Serious MVP'er.

Spoiler

-= B Tier =-

Thee MVP's have 1-2 devastating skills, but require only a bit of level and mostly just an elemental armor to be killable. Water Ball, Hell's Judgement, Meteor Storm, Lord of Vermillion, all of those are here. These are the hardest bosses for any new MVP'er.

Spoiler

-= C Tier =-

Similiar to Mid-High, these MVP's have 1-2 skills that will end you, but when neutralized, the don't offer much more, making them mostly harmless. New MVP'ers will have to start investing in certain gears to hunt these, but not that much.

Spoiler

-= D Tier =-

These MVP's are best described as gimmicky and/or luck based. They mostly don't have killer skills that destroy players, but they have strong and/or bothersome skills that can make the fight unnecessary levels of hard. Still, not as hard.

Spoiler

-= E Tier =-

MVP's with lower HP's, not as strong/bothersome skills and easy to locate. This are the bread-and-butter of many new MVP'ers.

Spoiler

Edited by Akupuff, 11 August 2015 - 05:32 PM.

#2 neko1231

neko1231

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 721 posts

Posted 08 July 2015 - 02:17 PM

i think Entweithen Crothen and thanatos should be in other tier, ie, high tier. Entweithen Crothen is immoble, a ranger can kill it easily with pneuma spam..

thanatos...emmm...i dont think he's very strong by himself alone....but wellll many factors need to be considered

btw nice topic :no1:  I agree with most of your comments

Edited by neko1231, 08 July 2015 - 02:17 PM.

#3 BigFootCounty

BigFootCounty

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 08 July 2015 - 04:02 PM

You should replace Thanatos with Fallen Bishop.

Reason:

• His dark and holy grand cross can one shot even the well-geared player if you are not careful.
  • High hp, tough slave mob.

Also Fenrir is pretty tough too.

Reason:

• Her skills are easy to dodge, but she is tough to kill because of her high hp.
  • Because it usually takes a long time to kill her, (except WL can burn her in 30 seconds) you might lose focus for one second and get rekt by Tetra Vortex so it's pretty scary.

Edited by BigFootCounty, 08 July 2015 - 04:15 PM.

#4 Akupuff

Akupuff

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2790 posts
  • LocationMexico

Posted 09 July 2015 - 07:06 AM

i think Entweithen Crothen and thanatos should be in other tier, ie, high tier. Entweithen Crothen is immoble, a ranger can kill it easily with pneuma spam..

thanatos...emmm...i dont think he's very strong by himself alone....but wellll many factors need to be considered

btw nice topic :no1:  I agree with most of your comments

I put both of them in this category because of 1) Drops and 2) Natural Spawn difficulty, i.e., they're hard to get to and plan around. That's why they're at the bottom :P Though, I might consider lowering them because of OP tactics against them.

You should replace Thanatos with Fallen Bishop.

Reason:

• His dark and holy grand cross can one shot even the well-geared player if you are not careful.
  • High hp, tough slave mob.

Also Fenrir is pretty tough too.

Reason:

• Her skills are easy to dodge, but she is tough to kill because of her high hp.
  • Because it usually takes a long time to kill her, (except WL can burn her in 30 seconds) you might lose focus for one second and get rekt by Tetra Vortex so it's pretty scary.

FBH is in fact a very strong MVP, but I decided to put Thanatos over him just for the drops. In a revision though, this might change. >.<

I haven't included the new instance MVP's yet, but plan to. Fenrir is definitely a top tier candidate.

#5 Havenn

Havenn

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6523 posts
  • LocationRagnarok Online

Posted 09 July 2015 - 07:12 AM

Alchemist from Geffen Tourny is pretty ballsy too, mini-boss but pretty tough

Also, Entweihen may be stationary, but so is Amon Ra. Amon Ra also doesn't full heal if you stop damaging him or require you to work through a bunch of high HP mobs. I'd say Ent can stay.

Agree that FBH should be added, he sucks hard

Edited by Havenn, 09 July 2015 - 07:42 AM.

#6 Akupuff

Akupuff

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2790 posts
  • LocationMexico

Posted 09 July 2015 - 08:27 AM

Added HIGH Tiers. Put FBH because people are right XD His requires too much planning.

Alchemist from Geffen Tourny is pretty ballsy too, mini-boss but pretty tough

Also, Entweihen may be stationary, but so is Amon Ra. Amon Ra also doesn't full heal if you stop damaging him or require you to work through a bunch of high HP mobs. I'd say Ent can stay.

Agree that FBH should be added, he sucks hard

This is more of an MVP tier list, but could add certain Mini-Bosses who might as well be MVP's XD (like Crothen, Seiger, Malaya and Coelacants).

#7 BigFootCounty

BigFootCounty

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 09 July 2015 - 05:51 PM

Maybe you can make an "annoying/tricky tier"  :ani_shy:

Include any MVP that spams Waterball! (Turtle General and Drake's infinite waterball stacking , oh gawd)

Include any MVP that uses Dark Blessing! (always catch me off guard T_T)

Include any MVP that goes apeshet when it's hp is low:

• Samurai Specter: goes on a rampage when he is upset. Totally different tier when he is in this mode.
  • Atroce: can definitely see his anger, but.. not very threatening(?) So nvm.  :heh:
  • Dark Lord: flee up, spams dark blessing(!?).. The flee increase is annoying, but dark blessing I can't confirm.
  • Lady Tanee: Extremely annoying.. You touch her once and she sends you flying to the opposite of the map.. And then trying to find her again, but she will just slap you in the face again. The third time you found her, she is probably: 1) already became a tomb. 2) Instead of teleporting you, she teleports herself this time... I strongly suspect that she is actually a Warpportal's employee. 

I see you have included all the other MVP that will do crazy stuff when they are upset so I can only think of these 4..  

so I guess this list isn't necessary  :ok:  

Edited by BigFootCounty, 09 July 2015 - 06:11 PM.

#8 Akupuff

Akupuff

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2790 posts
  • LocationMexico

Posted 09 July 2015 - 06:57 PM

Water Ball MVP's and all those tricky MVP's you listed are next actually XD They're dangerous, but it's only because of 1 kind of move, so if you take that out, they become WAY more manageable. :3

#9 MoyuZ777

MoyuZ777

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2081 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 09 July 2015 - 07:28 PM

This topic is great man!

Would be cool if you include which class might have an easy time or hard time with the mvp.

#10 zefram

zefram

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1262 posts
  • Server:valkyre

Posted 09 July 2015 - 08:01 PM

Nice to see Amdarais in high tier. Even though its abusable (ankle snare ) the mobs spawning around can change the game in a sec. 

Once a raydric archer repelled me a nice 10 cells right into a mob of maggots.Paniced me running around, i triggered few more corpses and in 5 secs fight gone from 1v1 to 25v1.Didn't even bother to use a token.

#11 Akupuff

Akupuff

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2790 posts
  • LocationMexico

Posted 09 July 2015 - 08:40 PM

This topic is great man!

Would be cool if you include which class might have an easy time or hard time with the mvp.

I could :3 Maybe after finishing the list itself XD

Nice to see Amdarais in high tier. Even though its abusable (ankle snare ) the mobs spawning around can change the game in a sec. 

Once a raydric archer repelled me a nice 10 cells right into a mob of maggots.Paniced me running around, i triggered few more corpses and in 5 secs fight gone from 1v1 to 25v1.Didn't even bother to use a token.

Yeah, the Raydric Archers have pushed me into maggots too XD Not cool when wearing Alice Shield.

#12 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

10,000 posts and not even a Tiki-Shirt.

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 10 July 2015 - 04:44 AM

Yeah, the Raydric Archers have pushed me into maggots too XD Not cool when wearing Alice Shield.

real men go shieldless :x

#13 Havenn

Havenn

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6523 posts
  • LocationRagnarok Online

Posted 10 July 2015 - 04:55 AM

real men go around the back staircase and don't deal with spawns lol

#14 Akupuff

Akupuff

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2790 posts
  • LocationMexico

Posted 10 July 2015 - 05:03 AM

Real men kill Amdarais even before the mobs spawn. >:3 

#15 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 10 July 2015 - 05:12 AM

*popcorn*

#16 WarlockFier

WarlockFier

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Silph Road

Posted 10 July 2015 - 05:14 AM

MVP Professor in the house. =D This is awesome Akupuff! Bio3 MVPs also spawn in the Bio wolfchev lab instance. You should also add Gold Queen Scaraba, she's a toughy because of stone skin, strong magic attacks, and goes teleport frenzy! She isn't entirely hard for someone who is prepared, especially magic classes like sorcerers, or probably a prepared RK, still not for the under prepared and overly common MVP Geneticist setups.

Edited by WarlockFier, 10 July 2015 - 05:18 AM.

#17 Zayaan

Zayaan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1801 posts

Posted 10 July 2015 - 05:18 AM

Add Unsealed Baphomet :)

MVP Professor in the house. =D This is awesome Akupuff! Bio3 MVPs also spawn in the Bio wolfchev lab instance. You should also add Gold Queen Scaraba, she's a toughy because of stone skin, strong magic attacks, and goes teleport frenzy! She isn't entirely hard for someone who is prepared, especially magic classes like sorcerers, or probably a prepared RK.

The only skill she uses is Full Strip, and if you stand in range of that, she won't even attack you.

#18 4782131221082418730

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2370 posts

Posted 10 July 2015 - 05:22 AM

Where is Drake and ktull?

Maggots > Amdarais.

Edited by 4782131221082418730, 10 July 2015 - 05:23 AM.

#19 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

Disney Prince in Disguise

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia
  • Server:Chaos, on hiatus

Posted 10 July 2015 - 05:27 AM

aku, please edit mvp article on irowiki :)

#20 WarlockFier

WarlockFier

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts
  • Server:Silph Road

Posted 10 July 2015 - 05:32 AM

The only skill she uses is Full Strip, and if you stand in range of that, she won't even attack you.

Yeah I am wary that she seems to go into that buggy mode. She does teleport a lot though and finding her in the midst of all the other magic casting mobs can be annoying.

edit: >.> a lot of grammar error. *half awake* Annnnnd no pun intended.

Edited by WarlockFier, 10 July 2015 - 05:34 AM.

#21 Akupuff

Akupuff

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2790 posts
  • LocationMexico

Posted 10 July 2015 - 05:32 AM

MVP Professor in the house. =D This is awesome Akupuff! Bio3 MVPs also spawn in the Bio wolfchev lab instance. You should also add Gold Queen Scaraba, she's a toughy because of stone skin, strong magic attacks, and goes teleport frenzy! She isn't entirely hard for someone who is prepared, especially magic classes like sorcerers, or probably a prepared RK, still not for the under prepared and overly common MVP Geneticist setups.

Gold Queenie is on my "Don't have enough info" list for now <:3 I would put her in high tier just because the map she spawns in, but I need a bit of more research on the fight itself.

Same as Queenie, I don't have that much info, but I'll research a bit more. Considering placing him in Top because of set-up.

Where is Drake and ktull?

Maggots > Amdarais.

Drake goes into the Mid-High tier, along most of the other Water Ball MVP's. :3

aku, please edit mvp article on irowiki :)

I'll do once I finish this list. :3

Edited by Akupuff, 10 July 2015 - 05:40 AM.

#22 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 10 July 2015 - 05:44 AM

unsealed bapho is just annoying due to the mechanics of the fight and the steps you need to go through to gain access to level 2. doesn't help that most of the altars are broken too.

#23 Akupuff

Akupuff

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2790 posts
  • LocationMexico

Posted 10 July 2015 - 08:38 AM

Added Mid-High Tier

Added Spoiler tags

Revised High Tier: Added Detale and Malandgo Easy mode Bosses

#24 3452140212150117003

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 811 posts
  • Locationwest prontera
  • Server:dedservRO

Posted 10 July 2015 - 09:06 AM

will you consider a mvp is hard to kill just because it is hard to find it alive? o3o

#25 Akupuff

Akupuff

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2790 posts
  • LocationMexico

Posted 10 July 2015 - 09:15 AM

Comping has a part on the difficulty, but being hard to find alone doesn't mean hard to fight. :v Some MVP's rely on these tactics of run away and it makes the fight way harder, but if you mean that certain MVP's are too comped, it doesn't add too much real difficulty.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users