• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 GreySora

GreySora

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 09 July 2015 - 10:36 AM

I've been wondering what is the use of threat meter actually? Does it have something to do with certain class? 

#2 LeviRD

LeviRD

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members - No Sig
  • 504 posts
  • LocationGreat Britain
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin. IGN: DeadOnArrival

Posted 09 July 2015 - 11:21 AM

Yes it has :D When Pre-AoV was still alive and Raids were Hard, Tanks use it to see how much threat they generate. Because if a Healer or DPS is Higher than the Tanks Threat = Full Party Wipe. People nowadays still use it for ML30 Dungeons ( Assasins Sanc, Himmelmez chamber and Forgotten Payon)

#3 GreySora

GreySora

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 09 July 2015 - 09:43 PM

Ahh..I see.. So, besides that, it won't be much use right? Thanx for the answer  :)

#4 Tonitrua

Tonitrua

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO2 Community Representative
  • 882 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2

Posted 09 July 2015 - 10:05 PM

Ahh..I see.. So, besides that, it won't be much use right? Thanx for the answer  :)

It's still useful in grinding and boss hunting nowadays, a healer or dps generally needs to be aware of their threat in order to make sure that they wont be attacked by monsters. If you generate threat (by healing or attacking) before a tank has generated threat, then the monsters will attack you. If you deal damage fast enough, or your tank is not particularly strong, your threat may exceed theirs and the monster will change targets to you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users