7/15 Classic Maintenance - Page 2 - Loki Classic Patch Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

7/15 Classic Maintenance

• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

#26 squirreI

squirreI

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 467 posts

Posted 11 July 2015 - 08:14 PM

Can we have differently colored dungeon teleport scrolls?

And regarding bio3, it seems pretty unanimous that everybody wants pre-renewal spawns back. And I don't believe there's anything harmful at all about giving it back to us.

#27 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 11 July 2015 - 08:32 PM

Pre-Renewal zoned spawns only please. No boosting spawn numbers and density.

#28 squirreI

squirreI

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 467 posts

Posted 11 July 2015 - 10:45 PM

Boosted from original, or boosted from what it is now? Can't get that from your post.

I fail to see how zoned spawns are really that important lol. People can't deal with randomly spawning monsters?

#29 Themes

Themes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1412 posts

Posted 12 July 2015 - 12:12 AM

It's not about having things respawn on top of you, it's about walking into the dungeon half way through the week and there's 150-200 monsters in one of the arms that you have to clear out to make the place even remotely useful. Now I'm not saying that this wouldnt happen with area spawns, but you only have to clear through it once then it's going to be fine for a while unless someone is purposefully training the entire map while you're there.

I agree that the density right now is too low, however just putting 150 more monsters in isnt the solution, it was garbage before and it would just be garbage again.

#30 Rate

Rate

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1114 posts
  • Server:bad news

Posted 12 July 2015 - 12:35 AM

You can't set up on the cecils if there is anyone else on the map atm, you just constantly get swarmed with kathys you have to drag away. (biochemist,-_- partying)
Zoned spawns would stop that at least, and you could dark frame the map to your liking

buuuut cecils are giving 2.25/2.65m exp atm so who cares

Edited by Rate, 12 July 2015 - 12:39 AM.

#31 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 12 July 2015 - 05:15 AM

Boosted from original, or boosted from what it is now? Can't get that from your post.

I fail to see how zoned spawns are really that important lol. People can't deal with randomly spawning monsters?

Zoned spawns allow multiple parties to be set up in areas, the occasional random happens, but it's not bad.

The other reason is, that if you have one party set in a corner, zoned spawns mean you don't have to drag the whole map.

#32 TsubasaWingz

TsubasaWingz

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 101 posts

Posted 15 July 2015 - 07:21 AM

I wonder if the NPCs for the Anniversary Event can be kept for one more week since I've some leftover loots that I haven't turned in.

Those drops from the event monsters couldn't be discarded or be sold, so I was hoping the GMs would allow the NPCs to stay for one more week for those that didn't manage to turn in their loots before the maintenance to get those drops disposed of by the following week.

If this couldn't be done due to bot abuse, reasons: botters have stockpiled lots of loots but is stucked in a similar fashion as those legit players that are unable to turn in all those loots, thus by extending the event will allow the botters to profit more; then the other option is that I request the GMs to remove the three event items, Invasion Plan, To Serve Man and Champion BAdge, from the inventory and storage of all players in this maintenance as well so none of us will have to ticket in to get those items removed from our inventory.

Thank you.

Edited by TsubasaWingz, 15 July 2015 - 07:22 AM.

#33 darkabe

darkabe

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 270 posts

Posted 15 July 2015 - 07:27 AM

I know that's not the original purpose but can that test server be used to organize USRC in the future?

#34 Naman18Tandon

Naman18Tandon

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 413 posts

Posted 15 July 2015 - 07:52 AM

Hopefully boxter gets updated today

#35 Naida

Naida

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 356 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Server:Classic

Posted 15 July 2015 - 08:00 AM

Ugh, I was so busy hunting cards and leveling my characters that I forgot to farm for a red beret D: QQQQQQQQQQQ

#36 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 15 July 2015 - 08:22 AM

I know that's not the original purpose but can that test server be used to organize USRC in the future?

Yes

#37 OccultPriest

OccultPriest

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 361 posts
  • Server:Classic Loki

Posted 15 July 2015 - 10:00 AM

pls dnt forgt to make Laurel Wreaths Vendable as well as tradable i want to sell thems to the populous <3

#38 Kuyami

Kuyami

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 15 July 2015 - 10:31 AM

The Decision to not put the name on the announcement is to prevent issues where characters named "Oda is a KITTEN" use the shouter to harass people. There is no way for the NPC to read the number of people in room. Going to have to put a global cool down on the NPC.

The Decision to not put the name on the announcement is to prevent issues where characters named "Oda is a KITTEN" use the shouter to harass people. There is no way for the NPC to read the number of people in room. Going to have to put a global cool down on the NPC.

Is it possible for an npc to count the people inside its chatroom?

If not, is it possible for an npc to count the people who talk to it? You could add 1 to the count when people talk to the npc to enter. Then, have an npc to go out of battlegrounds which decreases the count by 1.

Or maybe you could require a shout token, purchased with medals. Exchange 5 shout tokens per medal.

I'm ok with having to pay some zeny to shout, or changing the shout to be level deppendant but adding a global cool down without telling the number of people waitting would kill many future BG attempts. I don't think much people will stay inside the room, waiting 10 minutes per call attempt. At least as it is now you can get an idea of how many people want to start BG by looking at how much calls there are.

#39 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 15 July 2015 - 10:50 AM

This maint is depressing, so many things going byebye at once :p_swt:

#40 Themes

Themes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1412 posts

Posted 15 July 2015 - 10:51 AM

Unfortunately neither of those first two are actually possible.

There's a couple of workarounds, you can have an NPC on the same map server (not sure exactly what's connected to the BG rooms, if Asgard and the PvP rooms are on the same server it would be easy) that counts the number of players on a specific map then does shouts for a couple of different amounts (less than 5, 5-12, 12+ for example) of players in the BG waiting room. That does leave room for people to fool the count by AFKing in the waiting room, but you can probably just purge it of players when each match starts if you really want.

There is also a global variable when a battleground starts, you can either have a player who talks to an NPC when a BG starts and turn the shout above into "Battlegrounds have just begun!". You could probably just automate it honestly and have it automatically do a "BGs have begun" shout every time BGs start with a cooldown of an hour, so as long as BGs are still going it'll go off every hour to remind people that they're still running and it wouldnt require players hitting up the NPCs except if numbers dipped between the hours.

But as long as there's no more messages than one every 15 minutes or so I'm happy, the number of messages we were getting was excessive.

Edited by Themes, 15 July 2015 - 10:55 AM.

#41 Falloutchild

Falloutchild

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 129 posts

Posted 15 July 2015 - 10:53 AM

Its okay, less exp means we get to actually play the game some more in bio3 :)

#42 Razuya

Razuya

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 259 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Server:Odin

Posted 15 July 2015 - 10:54 AM

I totally missed the huge exp/drop event etc! I couldn't agree more.

I would assume the boosted exp rates would've been amazing for the server growth. It's not like there's a huge difference between vip 2x bmx3 and 4x since you can get hundreds of millions of exp / hr regardless.

Edited by Razuya, 15 July 2015 - 10:56 AM.

#43 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 15 July 2015 - 11:10 AM

Hopefully boxter gets updated today

We're going to have to push that to next week, I'm sorry. Classic Test prep ate up our dev time this week. 

#44 Falloutchild

Falloutchild

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 129 posts

Posted 15 July 2015 - 11:15 AM

extended maint today?

#45 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 15 July 2015 - 11:19 AM

Unfortunately neither of those first two are actually possible.

There's a couple of workarounds, you can have an NPC on the same map server (not sure exactly what's connected to the BG rooms, if Asgard and the PvP rooms are on the same server it would be easy) that counts the number of players on a specific map then does shouts for a couple of different amounts (less than 5, 5-12, 12+ for example) of players in the BG waiting room. That does leave room for people to fool the count by AFKing in the waiting room, but you can probably just purge it of players when each match starts if you really want.

There is also a global variable when a battleground starts, you can either have a player who talks to an NPC when a BG starts and turn the shout above into "Battlegrounds have just begun!". You could probably just automate it honestly and have it automatically do a "BGs have begun" shout every time BGs start with a cooldown of an hour, so as long as BGs are still going it'll go off every hour to remind people that they're still running and it wouldnt require players hitting up the NPCs except if numbers dipped between the hours.

But as long as there's no more messages than one every 15 minutes or so I'm happy, the number of messages we were getting was excessive.

It would also make sense to have the bg shouter in the bg room.

A global bg has begun would be nice

#46 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 15 July 2015 - 11:21 AM

extended maint today?

We had some last minute windows updates dropped on us an hour ago

#47 Themes

Themes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1412 posts

Posted 15 July 2015 - 11:24 AM

You could also put one in either the PvP waiting room or hidden away on the side of the maps themselves. Having them both in Prontera makes sense in a central sort of way, but having to leave whatever PvP/BG you were in to shout makes it awkward, I've seen a bunch of PvP shouts and headed in to see nobody inside. Moving the PvP one onto one of the PvP map servers also adds the benefit of being able to shout the number of players in there, which IMO is very important, if you shout and there's like 10+ people in there people are far more likely to show up.

#48 Falloutchild

Falloutchild

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 129 posts

Posted 15 July 2015 - 11:25 AM

We had some last minute windows updates dropped on us an hour ago

eta please? :)

#49 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 15 July 2015 - 11:29 AM

You could also put one in either the PvP waiting room or hidden away on the side of the maps themselves. Having them both in Prontera makes sense in a central sort of way, but having to leave whatever PvP/BG you were in to shout makes it awkward, I've seen a bunch of PvP shouts and headed in to see nobody inside. Moving the PvP one onto one of the PvP map servers also adds the benefit of being able to shout the number of players in there, which IMO is very important, if you shout and there's like 10+ people in there people are far more likely to show up.

A pvp access npc in bg waiting room would make pvp more globally accessible.

I was watching some kid cycling all their characters through the shouter npc. I put on the benny hill song, leaned back and started counting.

(27, btw)

edit: on the topic of global access, the eden NPCs should all be moved to asgard imo. Especially the upgrader and boxter!

Edited by Xellie, 15 July 2015 - 11:34 AM.

#50 Themes

Themes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1412 posts

Posted 15 July 2015 - 11:35 AM

An Asgard for PvP would be cool as heck as a long term project. Put all the BG/PvP NPCs in there, add a save point, inn and maybe a buff NPC?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users