Sikuku Catacombs - Gloopy Guide [2015] - General Guides - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

Sikuku Catacombs - Gloopy Guide [2015]

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 thetrangdamvn

thetrangdamvn

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1671 posts
  • LocationHanoi, Vietnam - GMT +7
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 10 July 2015 - 12:01 AM

TABLE OF CONTENTS

I. Introduction

1. Introduction

2. Gloopy's Room map

II. Fighting Gloopy

1. Regular content: Explain how to fight Gloopy from A-Z (many notes included)

2. Advanced content:

- Description on fighting Gloopy avoiding fatal slimes

+ Explanation by Q&A

+ Gloopy's transformation phases and HP reduction mechanism by default

+ How to take down Gloopy ASAP

+ Sum up

III. Demonstration videos

IV. Tips and notes

=================================================================

I. INTRODUCTION

As many people have raised their problems at doing SCs and killing the boss - Gloopy, I would like to share my experience at killing Gloopy (Boss) here.

I would not mention about Executor or Shaman as they are pretty straightforward and require almost - no specific tactics or "tricks".

Alright, here's a simple draft map I draw on Gloopy's room.

FHX9IEH.png

(It's kinda ugly so, bear with me)

In the picture, I've marked and listed every objects in there, including

• Gates from Sewers and Halls (2)
  • Gates from which globs spawn (3)
  • Routes along which globs move (3)
  • Pillars (3)
  • Safe zones (3) All is safe as of 2017/12
  • Gloopy (1)

I reckon there are new players as well as veterans here, so I will break my explanations into General and Advanced.

II. FIGHTING GLOOPY

【START from scratch】

Spoiler

【Advanced】

As many people complained about the overpowered blue slime as well as the visual glitch ingame which makes players not capable of seeing the exact location of the slime nor position themselves properly, I would like to explain, how to avoid these troubles.

Gloopy's Room (Image again)

Spoiler

1. Q: Why people die a lot at Gloopy:

A: Because of the blue goo/ slime

Spoiler

ouDUF08.png

2. Q: How to kill Gloopy the most efficient way and timesaving?

Answer: I will explain again, beware it might take time reading. :p_swt:

- At the beginning, Gloopy is at full health: 100%

- Gloopy transforms from Normal from to Skeleton form at least 3 times (or more)

=> KEY POINT: Each time transforming, Gloopy loses around 1/3 potion of his full health, I assume that he loses 31%

=> Based on my previous explanations, he transforms 3 times: 3 x 31% = 93% :questionmark:

So, basically, the boss - Gloopy with, by default, loses 93% of his full health after 3 times transforming no matter what you do.

Q: What can be implied from this fact? ↑

A: You only have to hit 7% of his full HP, in order to kill him

Q: How can I hit only less than 7% of his full HP?

A: Adjust your and your mates' damages by changing gears

Q: What will happen if we exceed this 7%? And how to resolve it?

A:

- How to resolve: Adjust the boss's HP to around 31~35% (or visually 1/3 of his HP bar)

- How to adjust his HP: Take advantage of the design, let 1 OR more than 1 of the globs arrive at Gloopy, they will heal him (Eveyone calls it "feed" as Gloopy periodically screams "Must...feed" :heh: )

I assume that each glob heals around 8-10% of Gloopy's max HP, so once you notice that Gloopy has less HP than his 1/3 HP bar, but still a lot, not even close to 1-5%, then it's time to feed, and how many to feed depends on the situation. => This is what I can't break into cases as it varies among runs, and you'd better learn it yourselves.

In short:
- Adjust damage to hit him just enough to make him transform into Skeleton form, but keep the damage below 10% of his max HP
- Make him transform 3 times, no more
- Feed the globs when you realize Gloopy still has around 10~30% HP, as feeding him then kill takes less time than hitting his load of HP, right?
- Finish him and get rewarded.

Overall, I wanna rephrase the key points at killing Gloopy:

1. Avoid slimes

2. Control where Gloopy spawn slimes

3. Kill globs

4. Learn the 3 transforming sequence

5. Learn how his HP drops and when to/ not to feed

This helps you save your time killing Gloopy to the most, and avoid any unncessary deaths.

III. DEMONSTRATION VIDEOS

2. Without audio

3. Easy Gloopy with 2 Batttle Clerics (Range + Magic damage = GG) (7.16.2015)

Sorry for the bad video quality, only up to 480p as I play on kinda small window & poor internet.

Will update if I can capture another one.

IV. TIPS AND NOTES

1. Bug which can happen at Gloopy's:

Keynote: Avoid using poison/ burn when Gloopy's HP has dropped very low.

Reason: Once Gloopy drops to very low on health (1~2%), stop using poison/burn

Poison and Burn can't kill Gloopy (We might think they do), but will cause a bug.

=> Bug: When he turns back to normal form after being poisoned/burnt, he will become not-targetable, and stays at the center no matter what. IF you leave his room and return, you'll notice he's not there anymore, and the whole group has to leave.

2. Tip: Figihting Gloopy with ease using 2 rangers

In my experience, it's likely that you can fight Gloopy with ease, with the help of at least 1 or 2 rangers.

Due to the fact that ranger can easily draw Gloopy's aggro, while under attack from 2 rangers, Gloopy will become 'confused', he can't decide who to chase => As soon as he comes down with a decision, he's already taken enough hits/ damages and has to turn into ExoSkeleton. :rofl:

Give it a try :)

==============================================

Pretty much said, I hope you guys find this sharing post informative and helpful.

I might attach more images and videos, or more tips/ hints on how to kill Gloopy later on. Or you could help me contribute to this thread,  I would surely quote them here.

If you like to group up in games and run some SCs, I would be happy to do so.

Thanks for reading and sorry for this long post.

Trang

-----------------

REFERENCE

- Monster types: http://rose.irowiki....pes_of_monsters

- Class counter: http://rose.irowiki.org/wiki/Classes

(You can find more about the counters between classes, this also apply to monster types which let you know who is better to deal with which monster)

(Updated 7.14.2015)

Edited by thetrangdamvn, 25 December 2017 - 10:32 PM.

#2 pdfisher

pdfisher

Champion Representative

• Members
  • 5246 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania, in the heart of PA dutch country
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 10 July 2015 - 01:31 AM

I am glad you did write it, although I don't understand why you would want to let gloopy feed. I have done SC several times, and we can never kill him, because of the visual glitch. It gets frustrating when you almost have him dead, then everyone dies because the server "sees"  them in the pools instead of away from them, and he gets fed and gets full health.

#3 thetrangdamvn

thetrangdamvn

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1671 posts

Posted 10 July 2015 - 01:42 AM

I am glad you did write it, although I don't understand why you would want to let gloopy feed. I have done SC several times, and we can never kill him, because of the visual glitch. It gets frustrating when you almost have him dead, then everyone dies because the server "sees"  them in the pools instead of away from them, and he gets fed and gets full health.

As I explained, once Gloopy enter Skeleton mode he'll lose around 31% of his full health by default.

So it's a good move to keep his remaining HP higher than 31% right before he transform.

This let him has only 1-5% HP left after transforming and at this state, it only takes some more hits to kill him.

It would be easy to kill Gloopy at 5% health rather than hitting him at 20~30% health right?

Here is an example:

- When Gloopy at Skeleton form he has 28% max HP left

- He transforms to Normal form and got hit by players, remaining HP reduced to 25%

- He now enter Skeleton form without losing any large portion of HP, because the condition to lose his HP is: He has to have at least > 31% max HP remaining.

- So we feed 1 globs, just to make him healed up to more than 31%, let's say up to 35% => Now only 1 player should hit him, and adjust his damage just enough to hit him close to 31% before he transforms again. At this time, he'll lose that portion for sure, and we only have 1 job, to hit the remaining 0-1% HP to kill him.

-------

Regarding the visual glitch, I reckon it's a client-server miscommunication and that could happen to everyone.

But I explained how to negate/ minimize the risk of creating more slimes as well as die of them.

Practice some good timing & lure him to safe zones, and take your time killing globs without worries.

My SC runs, with willing-to-listen teammates, will only produce 3-4 slimes, in total.

Edited by thetrangdamvn, 10 July 2015 - 01:47 AM.

#4 KatsuraKujo

KatsuraKujo

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 744 posts
  • LocationPotato

Posted 10 July 2015 - 04:22 AM

best you pm them trang. You might not get their attention if you're posting it here in this section of the forums.

Good job on the effort to do the tutorial on how to kill gloopy though =3

#5 pdfisher

pdfisher

Champion Representative

• Members
  • 5246 posts

Posted 10 July 2015 - 12:58 PM

Thanks for the clarification hun! We did try to kill gloopy again today, but we kept dying even though there NO slime pools on the ground.

#6 KatsuraKujo

KatsuraKujo

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 744 posts
  • LocationPotato

Posted 10 July 2015 - 04:44 PM

Thanks for the clarification hun! We did try to kill gloopy again today, but we kept dying even though there NO slime pools on the ground.

I think you can blame the lag for it if you have a fs cleric around, cuz its super laggy in there.

Just try to manage heals well when attacking gloopy and do what trang says to make it easier. =3

#7 siryu

siryu

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 568 posts
  • Server:Arua

Posted 11 July 2015 - 12:48 AM

As many people have raised their problems at doing SCs and killing the boss - Gloopy, I would like to share my experience at killing Gloopy (Boss) here.

I would not mention about Executor or Shaman as they are pretty straightforward and require almost - no specific tactics or "tricks".

Alright, here's a simple draft map I draw on Gloopy's room.

2jezomd.png

(It's kinda ugly so, bear with me)

In the picture, I've marked and listed every objects in there, including

• Gates from Sewers and Halls (2)
  • Gates from which globs spawn (3)
  • Routes along which globs move (3)
  • Pillars (3)
  • Safe zones (3)
  • Gloopy (1)

I reckon there are new players as well as veterans here, so I would explain from scratch.

【START from scratch】

Spoiler

【Advanced】

As many people complained about the overpowered blue slime as well as the visual glitch ingame which makes players not capable of seeing the exact location of the slime nor position themselves properly, I would like to explain, how to avoid these troubles.

Gloopy's Room (Image again)

Spoiler

1. Q: Why people die a lot at Gloopy:

A: Because of the blue goo/ slime

Solution: Avoid them.

How:

Please take a look at the 3 yellow areas in the map, these are marked as "Safe zones", but it doesn't mean you're immortal there. :pif:

These are the spaces between the 3 routes along which globs move, so that means you won't stay there killing globs (unless you're rangers and you want to stay there) when they spawn.

So, the idea is, to lure Gloopy there, and let him spawn the blue slime THERE

=> By doing this, you will have a whole lot more time and space to kill/ chase after globs and kill them before they reach the boss in the middle.

Many people always panic at being chased by Gloopy, then lure him towards the gates and routes,  accidentally let him have a chance to block them with slime. This indirectly reduce the possiblity to kill globs safe and sound due to the massive-damage slimes.

Priority: The (1) and (2) spots are the best to lure to as they're wide and much space. (3) is not recommended.

By this point, I think you've already got what I mean?

In my opinion, this is the key to survive at Gloopy, and kill him without any troubles regarding slimes.

In short,
1. Avoid slimes
2. Let the boss spawn slimes anywhere, except where you kill globs
3. Enjoy

2. Q: How to kill Gloopy the most efficient way and timesaving?

Answer: I will explain again, beware it might take time reading. :p_swt:

- At the beginning, Gloopy is at full health: 100%

- Gloopy transforms from Normal from to Skeleton form at least 3 times (or more)

=> KEY POINT: Each time transforming, Gloopy loses around 1/3 potion of his full health, I assume that he loses 31%

=> Based on my previous explanations, he transforms 3 times: 3 x 31% = 93% :questionmark:

So, basically, the boss - Gloopy with, by default, loses 93% of his full health after 3 times transforming no matter what you do.

Q: What can be implied from this fact? ↑

A: You only have to hit 7% of his full HP, in order to kill him

Q: How can I hit only less than 7% of his full HP?

A: Adjust your and your mates' damages by changing gears

Q: What will happen if we exceed this 7%? And how to resolve it?

A:

- How to resolve: Adjust the boss's HP to around 31~35% (or visually 1/3 of his HP bar)

- How to adjust his HP: Take advantage of the design, let 1 OR more than 1 of the globs arrive at Gloopy, they will heal him (Eveyone calls it "feed" as Gloopy periodically screams "Must...feed" :heh: )

I assume that each glob heals around 8-10% of Gloopy's max HP, so once you notice that Gloopy has less HP than his 1/3 HP bar, but still a lot, not even close to 1-5%, then it's time to feed, and how many to feed depends on the situation. => This is what I can't break into cases as it varies among runs, and you'd better learn it yourselves.

In short:
- Adjust damage to hit him just enough to make him transform into Skeleton form, but keep the damage below 10% of his max HP
- Make him transform 3 times, no more
- Feed the globs when you realize Gloopy still has around 10~30% HP, as feeding him then kill takes less time than hitting his load of HP, right?
- Finish him and get rewarded.

Overall, I wanna rephrase the key points at killing Gloopy:

1. Avoid slimes

2. Control where Gloopy spawn slimes

3. Kill globs

4. Learn the 3 transforming sequence

5. Learn how his HP drops and when to/ not to feed

This helps you save your time killing Gloopy to the most, and avoid any unncessary deaths.

==============================================

Pretty much said, I hope you guys find this sharing post informative and helpful.

I might attach more images and videos, or more tips/ hints on how to kill Gloopy later on. Or you could help me contribute to this thread,  I would surely quote them here.

If you like to group up in games and run some SCs, I would be happy to do so.

Thanks for reading and sorry for this long post.

Trang

-----------------

REFERENCE

- Monster types: http://rose.irowiki....pes_of_monsters

- Class counter: http://rose.irowiki.org/wiki/Classes

(You can find more about the counters between classes, this also apply to monster types which let you know who is better to deal with which monster)

thank you, to spent your time to made this ....

i hope people stop complain about how hard is gloopy :)

even with 2 people is possible to finish gloopy boss ( done this many times , until now )

#8 thetrangdamvn

thetrangdamvn

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1671 posts

Posted 11 July 2015 - 12:52 AM

thank you, to spent your time to made this ....
i hope people stop complain about how hard is gloopy :)
even with 2 people is possible to finish gloopy boss ( done this many times , until now )

Yes, 2 people with decent gears and stats can finish Gloopy. Before the adjustments to SC, some BCs could solo him too, although I haven't any BC recently.

But in my opinion, Gloopy is easier than Executor.

#9 siryu

siryu

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 568 posts

Posted 11 July 2015 - 12:54 AM

this is the only problem at gloopy room,,,  

but still possible to avoid, by lure the gloopy to the side before you hit it, and also dont block the 3 sewer ...

#10 siryu

siryu

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 568 posts

Posted 11 July 2015 - 01:01 AM

I think you can blame the lag for it if you have a fs cleric around, cuz its super laggy in there.

Just try to manage heals well when attacking gloopy and do what trang says to make it easier. =3

well, cleric heal wont help you from dying, from that nasty liquid aoe.

its 99% instant dead ..  and normally cleric only stay at spawn ,  since its still manageable without heal ..

actually its easy to finish that gloopy, the only hard part is that glitch ...

if people can see where is the real position of the liquid ,, people wont die ..

i just wish they hurry to fix the lag & glitch inside sikuku catacombs

#11 pdfisher

pdfisher

Champion Representative

• Members
  • 5246 posts

Posted 11 July 2015 - 04:05 AM

The cleric came with us, but due to the lag, we couldn't see where the gloop actually was.

#12 thetrangdamvn

thetrangdamvn

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1671 posts

Posted 11 July 2015 - 06:28 AM

The cleric came with us, but due to the lag, we couldn't see where the gloop actually was.

I see.

I've been doing this to avoid this problem.

Solution: 

While killing your own globs, watch the other players killing globs as well and do a timing when will the last glob appears (or 2-3 more globs).

Then position yourself to be the nearest to the center.

By this, the Gloopy, once transforms back to normal state, will chase after you; And at this time, you can lure him to safe zones.

It's advised to let your teammates know who is the one to lure, in advance.

Because usually they're so into the fight that they stand so close to the boss, even closer than you, some of them don't know how to lure at safety!

And, beware of the rangers, they can easily draw the Gloopy's aggro off you, Gloopy will then chanse after them (scout/bourg) while they run everywhere for their lives, which might create slimes at wrong places (blocking the gates and routes).

That's it. Be the one who lures & control the crowds.

(Although sometimes, many think they're gods in SCs, and refuse to listenl Yet, die and rage quit)

#13 thetrangdamvn

thetrangdamvn

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1671 posts

Posted 11 July 2015 - 10:13 AM

Updated #1 post with a demonstration video on SC bosses (All 3)

Sorry for the bad quality & music.

#14 thetrangdamvn

thetrangdamvn

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1671 posts

Posted 11 July 2015 - 07:51 PM

Update #1 post with another video (Without audio)

#15 yamz

yamz

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 953 posts

Posted 11 July 2015 - 08:34 PM

Nice vid Wisdom. 

I would like to add some points with regards to damage dealt. The gem used on the weapon matters and affect the hp of gloopy. I had tried several times with this. The more damage it dealth it is least likely to kill gloopy 3 times. When a hitter uses Enhance gem or Critical Damage gem on the weapon there is a big chance that the Gloopy will exceed its hp meaning it wont be killable 3 times. I suggest using melee gem hitter or any will do the hitting specially those hitter that rely on normal attacks when it is in normal form. 

#16 thetrangdamvn

thetrangdamvn

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1671 posts

Posted 11 July 2015 - 09:06 PM

Nice vid Wisdom.

I would like to add some points with regards to damage dealt. The gem used on the weapon matters and affect the hp of gloopy. I had tried several times with this. The more damage it dealth it is least likely to kill gloopy 3 times. When a hitter uses Enhance gem or Critical Damage gem on the weapon there is a big chance that the Gloopy will exceed its hp meaning it wont be killable 3 times. I suggest using melee gem hitter or any will do the hitting specially those hitter that rely on normal attacks when it is in normal form.

I usually ask the group to let me hit Gloopy alone, or at least show them who should attack regarding their damagr dealt.

I often change to less offensive set to hit Gloopy less, in order not to exceed the HP trick.

But still, it's hard to do it without intefere while going with random groups as not everyone understands the trick, or has feeling of beong looked down on.

#17 MonnaLise

MonnaLise

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 550 posts
  • LocationUnder a suspended load
  • Server:The one with Free Premium

Posted 13 July 2015 - 06:43 PM

Nice guide. i will try this if i got time. I want you in my team ! (or to be in your team :P)

#18 thetrangdamvn

thetrangdamvn

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1671 posts

Posted 14 July 2015 - 05:17 AM

UPDATE 7.15.2015

- Added Table of Contents

- Added Tips and Notes

#19 pdfisher

pdfisher

Champion Representative

• Members
  • 5246 posts

Posted 14 July 2015 - 06:22 AM

I want to do SC with you!

#20 angeltje

angeltje

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2687 posts
  • Twitter:https://twitter.com/angelltjee

Posted 14 July 2015 - 06:59 AM

Me too ;3.

#21 KatsuraKujo

KatsuraKujo

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 744 posts
  • LocationPotato

Posted 14 July 2015 - 07:25 AM

Me too ;3.

what do you say trang? all 3 of us go SC with you =p

#22 thetrangdamvn

thetrangdamvn

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1671 posts

Posted 14 July 2015 - 08:42 AM

what do you say trang? all 3 of us go SC with you =p

I just did one with Pam but I also disconnected from the game like 3-4 times.

And once again, I disconnected from the 2nd game & wasn't able to join in again.

Blame my connection!

I'd love you dungeon with you guys, so let's gather up tomorrow.

Bed time!

#23 pdfisher

pdfisher

Champion Representative

• Members
  • 5246 posts

Posted 14 July 2015 - 12:37 PM

It was a lot of fun, and it realy does work!

#24 MonnaLise

MonnaLise

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 550 posts
  • LocationUnder a suspended load
  • Server:The one with Free Premium

Posted 14 July 2015 - 05:55 PM

Is there a time interval when gloopy transforms to exoskeleton and vice versa? or just random ?

#25 thetrangdamvn

thetrangdamvn

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1671 posts

Posted 14 July 2015 - 06:25 PM

Is there a time interval when gloopy transforms to exoskeleton and vice versa? or just random ?

How Gloopy transfroms from normal -> exoskeleton and from exoskeleton -> normal is different.

1. Normal -> ExoSkeleton: I haven't managed to confirm it yet, but Gloopy will transform after:

- X number of hits taken

- X amount of damage taken

Either way, after he takes enough hits or damage, he will transform.

2. ExoSkeleton -> Normal

As soon as he transforms into ExoSkeleton, 15 globs will randomly spawn from 3 gates, moving towards the center.

Once you finish killing all 15 globs, Gloopy will transform back to normal.

----------------------

=> This means there's no time interval between his transformations, it all depends on how fast you hit him, or how fast you clear the minions.

Edited by thetrangdamvn, 14 July 2015 - 06:27 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users