Developer's Corner - July 2015 - Page 3 - Patch Notes Archive - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Developer's Corner - July 2015

• Please log in to reply
69 replies to this topic

#51 Banrukai

Banrukai

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1251 posts
  • Location中国China
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:.¤·°­·.¸ Arua ¸.·°­·¤.

Posted 15 July 2015 - 05:23 AM

@Banrukai,

indeed noone forces me to play this game, I play ROSE because I love this game since many years. But, as a matter of fact, I'm forced to play on this server if I want to play on an official server, as only japonese are allowed to play JRose (wich would be the only other official alternative possible).

I find it very constructive to do like I do... criticize and voice my opinion about things I dislike. It is indeed obvious that a few of you guys, on the forum, are total white knight, you never criticize anything, defend the dev team with all u've got like if they were your children... you probably think it s somehow cool to be this way, but in my opinion, this is completly useless, you'll never make anything change for the best, and you'll never get some special treatment for it.

In my post, while quoting Leonis, I shared my opinion and fears about the points he was talking about. If you read it again, you'll see that I'm not unhappy with everything. And I'll be as always waiting for an answer, that I probably won't get.

About your last point, I can't even find appropriate words to tell you how much you can be wrong about it. The devellopers should be thankfull about the privileged communication they "could" have with their player base, in companies, getting feedback from your clients cost money and is not a given, here on NaROSE, there s enough motivated players to actually spend time posting their thoughts, make proposal, and share what they dislike about the current state of things without leaving right away. This could have been a wonderfull oportunity to make this server be very successfull, but the team seem to prefer doing their own thing and ignore most feedbacks not coming directly from the very few player they selected within their white knight guards. I can understand that it's always more pleasant to listen to positive things, but really, it's not how things in general can get better.
You see, things in life aren't going the way you think it does.

You can ofcourse desagree with me... and it s okey, but please, when I'm posting something directed to Leonis... quoting his own post, refrain from jumping in like if it was any of your concern, and let him comment or not my post, because as a matter of fact, you cannot give me the answer I'm expecting from him, and he doesn't need anyone to protect him, anyway my post wasn't even offensive at all I believe?

There is nothing wrong with you constructively criticizing the game, I welcome it. But you are also in a public forum, so anyone can reply to you, regardless of who it was directed towards. Also, I have made many posts about things that are wrong with the game, but I don't rant, instead I make suggestions to fix the problem. I am also not biased, in saying the game is Pay 2 Win, when it is most certainly not.

As for my point, I did happen to target you, but it was directed towards everyone. You are right, the developers are also lucky to have feedback from the community, and not having to pay for it. But as I mentioned, this is now a small game, so it is a privalledge for both sides to have such communication.

#52 blaze10

blaze10

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 172 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 15 July 2015 - 05:25 AM

You can probably count the amount of times someone ask for a red pot only pvp in 7 days on your fingers. This will be another map that will barely be used.

#53 Gnasty

Gnasty

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 132 posts
  • LocationStockholm, Sweden

Posted 15 July 2015 - 06:18 AM

You can probably count the amount of times someone ask for a red pot only pvp in 7 days on your fingers. This will be another map that will barely be used.

Or rather replaced by a large amount of other maps. *Points at Ruins and OT launch*

Edited by Gnasty, 15 July 2015 - 06:18 AM.

#54 c1k3b8z

c1k3b8z

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 15 July 2015 - 06:43 AM

But before that, do you have any update in SIKUKU CATACOMBS PROBLEM? 

We are still experiencing a super delay and lag in  SIKUKU  CATACOMBS right now and made us disappointed because we think 

that you are not looking for solution there. As we observe, you are posting for this event or news then no 

update from Sikuku. I know this event or news can improve the game but what about the pending problem 

that we are encountering?

Hope some will explain about this concern. 

Thanks.

#55 angeltje

angeltje

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2687 posts
  • Twitter:https://twitter.com/angelltjee
  • Server:Arua

Posted 15 July 2015 - 06:51 AM

But before that, do you have any update in SIKUKU CATACOMBS PROBLEM?

We are still experiencing a super delay and lag in SIKUKU CATACOMBS right now and made us disappointed because we think
that you are not looking for solution there. As we observe, you are posting for this event or news then no
update from Sikuku. I know this event or news can improve the game but what about the pending problem
that we are encountering?
Hope some will explain about this concern.

Thanks.

Said by leonis:

Topic keywords: lag, latency, game arena, game performance
First, let's talk about what we've been focusing on. This does go in part with what the community has been asking for attention on, but we also see that it has reached a point where it is greatly hurting the playing experience for many of you.

Latency, or "lag" as many refer to it, has been experienced throughout game play, as we have been introducing more and more game features and mechanics. We have spent a great amount of attention looking into the reasons why this may be experienced. Some of it is due to the client being inefficient with handling a lot of the new mechanics we've been adding, some of it is older issues that just need updating. Without going into details, some of it is also contributed to the server side as well, same reasons, new mechanics, some old code needing updating.

Nevertheless, know we are looking in to it and will be rolling out with any updates, enhancements, bug fixes, and optimizations we can in the upcoming days.

Edited by angeltje, 15 July 2015 - 11:21 AM.

#56 KatsuraKujo

KatsuraKujo

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 744 posts
  • LocationPotato

Posted 15 July 2015 - 07:40 AM

Well, goodluck with those new daily clan mates of yours! Thx for the wish =3

Edit : KatsuraKujo, you are saying that you can see an average of 4 newbies everyday. Just to make you see what it would mean... it s 120 new players a month or 1460 new players every year. Knowing that, we would have to put this number in relation with the amount of new players we saw in the past years getting to enjoy and farm endgame content and gears, wich I believe is fewer than 50 a year ( and I m extremly optimistic there)... It would mean that (rougthly) out every 30 players, only 1 would appreciate this game enough to explore it. Do you truely believe this is a satisfying number? What does it say about the work made by our devellopers and the way it s beeing recieved by those "new players"? With a ratio of 1/30 could you talk about success?

And again, I believe that I m extremly optimistic there.

It's not their jobs from the start, it depends on the promotion team.

Whining over and over again doesn't help.

This pretty much answers the question you ask me. Its all up to how the dev team promotes the game. Yes i agree it isn't a large number at all, but still at least it isn't decreasing dramatically. Its not like all of a sudden 20-50 people quit every month. It is in fact increasing quite a bit although its not as many as last time.

Again, its not bad, but not that great either, that i have to agree. Also they are still newbies, you won't be able to see them farm that soon, they are more focused on leveling then on farming at this point of the game, so don't expect them farming or playing anything that great in the game just yet. It takes time for them to get into the many things ROSE has to offer.

#57 CharasX

CharasX

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 193 posts

Posted 15 July 2015 - 07:42 AM

There is nothing wrong with you constructively criticizing the game, I welcome it. But you are also in a public forum, so anyone can reply to you, regardless of who it was directed towards. Also, I have made many posts about things that are wrong with the game, but I don't rant, instead I make suggestions to fix the problem. I am also not biased, in saying the game is Pay 2 Win, when it is most certainly not.

As for my point, I did happen to target you, but it was directed towards everyone. You are right, the developers are also lucky to have feedback from the community, and not having to pay for it. But as I mentioned, this is now a small game, so it is a privalledge for both sides to have such communication.

To make it clear, as obviously you tend to believe you are in position to judge over things and persons here.... I don t care if you are welcoming my constructive criticism. I made many propositions already... I don't just rant... and about your "opinion" well... feel free to think the game isn't P2W, I believe it is... I have my reasons... (like for exemple, the fact you can spend money and instantly win... ;p) you probably think you do have your reasons to think how you do too... and it s okey, not everyone always share the same views on things.

Now you are going judgemental on me and truely think you are qualified to judge me, and answer a post that was directed to Leonis... who do you think you are? You to it seems need to learn your place.

#58 MaxMan

MaxMan

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 564 posts
  • LocationRose Veteran
  • Server:Leonis/Aura

Posted 17 July 2015 - 10:59 AM

i wonder if the new weapon thingy is the one i trow to leonis or maybe someone other gave also :P

#59 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts
  • Twitter:@LovatianOwl
  • LocationCaves of Owlverick
  • Server:Le' Forumz

Posted 17 July 2015 - 11:03 AM

Opinions are like wiener's guys. It's perfectly fine to have one, but when you are start waving them in each other's faces saying 'no mine's better' we get into these situations and lose track of the point.... 

#60 maldini

maldini

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1675 posts

Posted 18 July 2015 - 04:47 AM

New tier of gear??!! Does it means armour? Or just weapon???
hope u don't meant armour as many spent B refined the new 220 armour...

#61 MarK1789

MarK1789

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 260 posts

Posted 18 July 2015 - 05:29 AM

i would be really pissed if they'll release a new tier of armor.. i just spent 8b+ just to +15 my 220 honor.. and also they just released these 220 sets, releasing a new one again makes no sense.. weapon would be great, just make it look b@dass af! not like those boring and ugly looking exalted weapons lol, i like the axe tho  :p_devil:

Edited by MarK1789, 18 July 2015 - 05:32 AM.

#62 Banrukai

Banrukai

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1251 posts
  • Location中国China
  • Server:.¤·°­·.¸ Arua ¸.·°­·¤.

Posted 18 July 2015 - 09:24 AM

New tier of gear??!! Does it means armour? Or just weapon???
hope u don't meant armour as many spent B refined the new 220 armour...

i would be really pissed if they'll release a new tier of armor.. i just spent 8b+ just to +15 my 220 honor.. and also they just released these 220 sets, releasing a new one again makes no sense.. weapon would be great, just make it look b@dass af! not like those boring and ugly looking exalted weapons lol, i like the axe tho :p_devil:

In the notes Leonis said: higher tier gear "and" weapons. So there seems to be a plan to introduce new armor (higher tier gear) in addtion to weapons, but it will be obtained by killing monsters. At least this is what I understood from the notes.

It was mentioned in combination with "level cap", so maybe it will be Level 240 gear, or a new type of gear entirely. This is assuming the level cap is going to be extended to 240.

Edited by Banrukai, 18 July 2015 - 09:26 AM.

#63 MaxTheDragon

MaxTheDragon

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 40 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Posted 20 July 2015 - 04:39 AM

i would be really pissed if they'll release a new tier of armor.. i just spent 8b+ just to +15 my 220 honor.. and also they just released these 220 sets, releasing a new one again makes no sense.. weapon would be great, just make it look b@dass af! not like those boring and ugly looking exalted weapons lol, i like the axe tho  :p_devil:

Surely it was your own decision to spend money on gear. It would be ridiculous if they stopped releasing new gear tiers just because people spent a fortune on existing gear.

#64 Gnasty

Gnasty

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 132 posts

Posted 20 July 2015 - 05:09 AM

Surely it was your own decision to spend money on gear. It would be ridiculous if they stopped releasing new gear tiers just because people spent a fortune on existing gear.

This ^^

Just came back to ROSE from a long break. Currently spending all my money to regear myself. Could not care less if new gear comes and I have to regear once again, despite all the zulie lost. New items are always appreciable.

Edited by Gnasty, 20 July 2015 - 05:10 AM.

#65 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts
  • Twitter:@LovatianOwl
  • LocationCaves of Owlverick
  • Server:Le' Forumz

Posted 20 July 2015 - 05:49 AM

New items are only fun if A: there's a challenge getting them and B: they're worth getting in the first place.

So we'll see. 

#66 Gnasty

Gnasty

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 132 posts

Posted 20 July 2015 - 06:52 AM

New items are only fun if A: there's a challenge getting them and B: they're worth getting in the first place.

So we'll see. 

Yeah, the 180 sets weren't really worth getting since the 160 Brave sets were still better.

Edited by Gnasty, 20 July 2015 - 06:53 AM.

#67 MonnaLise

MonnaLise

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 550 posts
  • LocationUnder a suspended load
  • Server:The one with Free Premium

Posted 22 July 2015 - 12:10 AM

We have had the next tier of armors created

So i doubt they are going to release a new tier of armor just after they released the 220 armors.

Edited by MonnaLise, 22 July 2015 - 12:34 AM.

#68 MarK1789

MarK1789

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 260 posts

Posted 22 July 2015 - 12:16 AM

yeah it's my decision but the heck would i know that they would immediately release new armors just right after they released one.

It's like the case of the exalted 220 and honor 220, they did a sale on refines for the newly released exalted 220 and get players to +15 all of them then right after they did that, they immediately introduced the 220 honor.

I am not against them releasing new gears but i am against the time interval of their release.

Edited by MarK1789, 22 July 2015 - 12:22 AM.

#69 MaxTheDragon

MaxTheDragon

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 40 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Posted 22 July 2015 - 12:23 AM

yeah it's my decision but the heck would i know that they would immediately release new armors just right after they released one.

Well that's part of risk involved with spending money on anything in-game. There's always a chance stuff might not be as valuable or useful anymore after you've purchased it. And to be honest, gear will still have the stats it had when you bought/refined it, so even though it's not the best anymore, you can still use the gear for what you've been using it for.

And lastly, I think some heavy money sinking would benefit the economy in this game. There is a huge price inflation. It's sad you're one of the people having to lose money for it, but there are a lot of players among you and next time it'll be someone else, so I think over the long run, it's fair.

#70 cuteicutecute

cuteicutecute

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 22 July 2015 - 01:53 AM

can you put auto equip set or something.. when you against knight,raider etc.. cleric having hard time equip buff and going back to set def mode.. i think this well improve in game performance just a suggestion..

Edited by cuteicutecute, 22 July 2015 - 02:07 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users