Banrukai

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1251 posts
  • Location中国China
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:.¤·°­·.¸ Arua ¸.·°­·¤.

Posted 11 July 2015 - 01:55 AM

I think this section needs to be moved to a more convenient, and appropriate location. Right now it is located under the “Technical Support” section.

I would be making this suggestion in the section itself, but seeming as it is about this section, then that would be counter productive.

Let me know your thoughts everyone. We all have ideas and thoughts that we would like to be seen more often.

Edited by Banrukai, 11 July 2015 - 01:57 AM.

#2 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts
  • Twitter:@LovatianOwl
  • LocationCaves of Owlverick
  • Server:Le' Forumz

Posted 11 July 2015 - 02:13 AM

Should be in general chat sub-forums. 

Here's the problem typically.

You post a suggestion in the general chat [like you did] and the forum MOD's move it to the other location. This would be fine, if it wasn't for a pretty major fault with how proposals normally go. Everyone wants to put in their 2 cents. This clogs up the proposal, and makes it difficult for the staff to find/follow etc. 

What should be done, is proposal discussions should go in the general chat section, then a single post - locked topic is copied to the 'official' proposal section, so it can't be congested with comments and banter. This would allow the community to discuss, while the original concept is clean for the team to view, and linked back to the discussion if they so desire. 

But let's see how long this thread stays here, before the MOD's move it into the oblivion section to be lost. Oh the irony. 

#3 TheRealCaNehDa

TheRealCaNehDa

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1140 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 11 July 2015 - 02:55 AM

I was considering going through that section myself, through every post, from even the last 5 years, picking out my own favourite suggestions, cleaning it all up and making a giant topic, to include each suggestion that it appears as though there is a general consensus that the game users as a whole entity would appreciate seeing. 

But I am lazy. 

Edited by TheRealCaNehDa, 11 July 2015 - 02:55 AM.

#4 VisitorX

VisitorX

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 296 posts

Posted 11 July 2015 - 03:53 AM

inb4 thread moved to proposal and section graveyard.

I agree that it needs to be moved. It seems if you don't have a way of personally contacting (or if you message) a person with power then the thread is overlooked anyways.

The sad truth of a game with a small population. Only a select few people outside the staff have a say in what should happen.

#5 CharasX

CharasX

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 193 posts

Posted 11 July 2015 - 08:15 AM

This is precisely why I kept posting proposals on General Discussions where ppl were actually reacting on it.... until a forum mod decided to move it... hiding it in a dark place to let it die peacefully.

Anyway, let s face the truth, GMs don t give a -_- about our suggestions, and they can't care less that many of us tried to give them ideas on how to improve things, unless you are part of their free workers buddies.. At this point... saying that is not even being rude... it s being fking realistic... I would like to be prooved wrong, but that will not happen.... oh it won't.

PS : I would like to remind you Feuer... that you are the one who were always posting to tell me I was on the wrong section without even thinking 1 sec i might have had my reasons! I then started to post suggestions on the suggestion thread, where it never had any impact... now I just don't bother anymore coz it s a lost cause.. GG

#6 pdfisher

pdfisher

Champion Representative

• Members
  • 5246 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania, in the heart of PA dutch country
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 11 July 2015 - 08:19 AM

CharasX, don't be so sure of that.

#7 TheRealCaNehDa

TheRealCaNehDa

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1140 posts

Posted 11 July 2015 - 08:24 AM

HAI GUISE I MADE A SUGGESTION 
http://forums.warppo...l-point-lottery

Quick, go there and read that one, comment on it, like it, and share it with your friends! 

Even share it to your GF, your BFF, and if you have a BAE, just kill yourself. Kidding! ... 
But go look at my suggestion, and share it with everyone! 

#8 Banrukai

Banrukai

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1251 posts
  • Location中国China

Posted 11 July 2015 - 08:45 AM

@Feuer, I also expect this to be moved to the abyss because the MOD must "follow the rules". But we shall see if they take into consideration my reason for putting it in the Community Chat.

As for the locking of threads, I think this power should automatically be given to the user who made the thread, along with the ability to remove unwanted posts. The thread is yours, you should have full control over it.

@TheRealCaNehDe, I also thought about this. But I don't have time now, nor a computer. Only my cellphone, because i sm in China.

@VisitorX, Nobody outside of the staff can decide what happens, but they can give input.

@CharasX, You are wrong, it is not the GM's, it is the staff. They make decisions, and decide what ideas/suggestions take priority over others. They are a small crew, but are expected to handle the workload of an army. You can't expect them to work as fast as a big corporation. This is the reason you, and a lot of the community feel ignored. It is simply because they are too small of a crew.

Simply put, the staff can look at an idea and think it is really good, but at the end of the day it comes down to one thing:

• Time

Additionally, quit pointing fingers at people.

Edited by Banrukai, 11 July 2015 - 08:51 AM.

#9 CharasX

CharasX

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 193 posts

Posted 11 July 2015 - 11:03 AM

@CharasX, You are wrong, it is not the GM's, it is the staff. They make decisions, and decide what ideas/suggestions take priority over others. They are a small crew, but are expected to handle the workload of an army. You can't expect them to work as fast as a big corporation. This is the reason you, and a lot of the community feel ignored. It is simply because they are too small of a crew.

Simply put, the staff can look at an idea and think it is really good, but at the end of the day it comes down to one thing:

When I talk about GMs... I do infact mean "the staff". Technically there s no GM on NaROSE... so ye.

I know they are a small crew working 8 hours minimum a day on our game, and I would expect them to be more producive than amateurs working during their free time on private servers.... wich they are by far not if we are to judge by the content offered by those. So please, do not come with the "ohhh poor staff they are so little and have so little money.... we have to give them every excuses".

They could at the very least give some respect to players making efforts and proposing thing... but that too is too much time consumming it seems.... 8 hours a day, 40 hours a week.... when the -_- one of them should get 10 minutes to check, read, and comment what their players tell them.

God we are rolling with a team who never actually played their game! Genesis did play long time ago when everything was still balanced and the server was doing well... but do you actually think any of them tried to play the game as it is now? 

Now let me see.... they can only do things step by step... and have to put priorities.... hell yeah! getting the prenium thing as an ingame tradable and give us rainbow clan colors for cash was definitly waaaaaaaay fking more important than taking time to balance things out and fix the whole PvM open maps and their mobs to finally remake this server attractive for everyone! 

I'm no kid, lies and easy excuses won't work. We are all costumers and we deserve attention and respect.

#10 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 11 July 2015 - 11:31 AM

You deserve nothing until you have earned that respect. But I know what you meant. 

#11 Banrukai

Banrukai

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1251 posts
  • Location中国China

Posted 11 July 2015 - 04:53 PM

@CharasX, You are making many assumptions and accusations, but no proof; It doesn't matter though, I don't want your proof. If you have an issue with the staff and how they run things, then you can take it up with them.

This thread is about the placement of the Proposals & Suggestions section, and that it should be moved to a better location.

@Feuer, +1

@TheRealCaNehDe, Firstly, your name is annoying to type on a mobile phone haha. Secondly, i haven't had any issues with the forums. I'm in China. It could be on your end.

#12 CharasX

CharasX

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 193 posts

Posted 12 July 2015 - 01:58 AM

LOL now I would need to provide proofs! proofs of what... that i d k... but that s kinda hilarious.

Thinking about it, yourself cannot play the game, so how would you know anything about its current state! but keep the faith up! White Knight spirit to its finest.

#13 KatsuraKujo

KatsuraKujo

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 744 posts
  • LocationPotato

Posted 12 July 2015 - 02:18 AM

LOL now I would need to provide proofs! proofs of what... that i d k... but that s kinda hilarious.

Thinking about it, yourself cannot play the game, so how would you know anything about its current state! but keep the faith up! White Knight spirit to its finest.

He means proof of your accusion, at least that what i think. Accusing people of doing something they didn't do or in this case, done but you think they didn't do is a bad kind of habit.

The proof that the dev team do read the proposal thread is within my thread itself. You see Genesis posted on my thread as a question i had asked awhile back. So they do read, just that they don't comment anything about it.

#14 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 12 July 2015 - 03:09 AM

Like I said before, the trouble with the proposal section is that it's rampantly commented on by the community, making it hard for the staff to follow the point. What I tend to do when I really really want something to get direct attention is make a public proposal, talk things out with the fellow gamers, come to the best compromise of input possible, and forward that directly in a PM to the staff. Granted I haven't had to do that for some time, but it's the most effective + direct way to get their attention without losing the point. 

#15 VModCupcake

VModCupcake

Too Legit To Quit

• VMod Retired
  • 1259 posts

Posted 12 July 2015 - 12:09 PM

This topic, like so many others, has a good idea that becomes obscured by the ranting posts of some community members with their own agenda. Regardless of which section a topic is posted in, the same thing is likely to happen. That doesn't mean the topic will be ignored but it does mask the original idea because other players respond to the ranting instead of giving pros and cons of the actual idea.

The devs do read every topic and they look at community input when they decide whether or not to implement. The fact that they don't automatically post in every thread is not at all an indication of their interest or lack of interest. However, once again, posts that go off on some completely different tangent make it difficult to determine how much the main idea of a topic is wanted by the majority of the players.

The only advice I can give is to notify a MOD when another player posts off topic comments in your topic and ask for the thread to be cleaned up. This does not mean that you can ask to remove posts that do not agree with your point of view, but the posts that are simply rants against the staff can certainly be dealt with so that the discussion in the thread is only about the idea that was presented.

@ Banrukai, I'm not sure how much each game is allowed to modify the placement of the forum sections but I will definitely ask Leo about it tomorrow. It's possible that the devs have other reasons for wanting the suggestion section to be where it is currently but either way, I'll wait to move this topic until I talk to him . 

#16 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 12 July 2015 - 12:15 PM

This topic, like so many others, has a good idea that becomes obscured by the ranting posts of some community members with their own agenda. Regardless of which section a topic is posted in, the same thing is likely to happen. That doesn't mean the topic will be ignored but it does mask the original idea because other players respond to the ranting instead of giving pros and cons of the actual idea.

The devs do read every topic and they look at community input when they decide whether or not to implement. The fact that they don't automatically post in every thread is not at all an indication of their interest or lack of interest. However, once again, posts that go off on some completely different tangent make it difficult to determine how much the main idea of a topic is wanted by the majority of the players.

The only advice I can give is to notify a MOD when another player posts off topic comments in your topic and ask for the thread to be cleaned up. This does not mean that you can ask to remove posts that do not agree with your point of view, but the posts that are simply rants against the staff can certainly be dealt with so that the discussion in the thread is only about the idea that was presented.

@ Banrukai, I'm not sure how much each game is allowed to modify the placement of the forum sections but I will definitely ask Leo about it tomorrow. It's possible that the devs have other reasons for wanting the suggestion section to be where it is currently but either way, I'll wait to move this topic until I talk to him . 

Curious, is this a personal post, or a MOD post? 

#17 TheRealCaNehDa

TheRealCaNehDa

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1140 posts

Posted 12 July 2015 - 02:03 PM

Curious, is this a personal post, or a MOD post? 

I believe most moderators posts are personal posts... 

#18 Banrukai

Banrukai

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1251 posts
  • Location中国China

Posted 12 July 2015 - 02:51 PM

Thanks for the response. I look forward to his reply.

@Feuer/TheRealCaNuhDe, Wether it is personal or MOD post, it was good and on topic.

#19 VModCupcake

VModCupcake

Too Legit To Quit

• VMod Retired
  • 1259 posts

Posted 24 July 2015 - 11:20 AM

Since there is now a whole section devoted to Proposals and Suggestions, I am moving this topic to that place and then closing it.  :p_smile:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users