Calza

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 933 posts
  • LocationUK
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 11 July 2015 - 12:19 PM

Okay so I know it's advised not to go past 99 on a regular homun. But if I'm correct, once loyal and evolved they reset to 1?

So if I've got my Homun here at 98, not evolved, am I safe to let it keep leveling while I AFK, because I'll reset it and catch it at 99 next time round to turn into an S?

(I am Gene btw).

#2 Mathspy

Mathspy

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 542 posts
  • LocationWonderland

Posted 11 July 2015 - 12:54 PM

Homunculi's level doesn't reset when you evolve them. In fact there is no way to reset a Homunculus level as of right now (Of course deleting and recreating isn't considered resetting)

#3 Calza

Calza

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 933 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 11 July 2015 - 01:39 PM

Ohhhhh, I see! I totally though they did.

So when it evolves the stats get better and loyalty resets, but level remains the same?

#4 ShoLin

ShoLin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2107 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Quit

Posted 11 July 2015 - 02:32 PM

yes, you'll have to get it back to loyal if you want its ultimate skill.

#5 Erydanos

Erydanos

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1159 posts

Posted 11 July 2015 - 03:50 PM

Homunculi can't get past 99 while you are Alchemist/Biochemist, once you become Geneticist  they will be able to level further.

BUT! If you let them go past 99 w/o turning them into Homun S first, they will lose potential stat gains. That's why Geneticists keep them Vaporized at level 99 until they do the Homun S quest. (They keep getting exp at 99, so once the level limit is raised when you turn Gen, a random kill might make them level up)

Basically, the homun leveling path is:

Baby Form + Loyal -> Use Stone of Sage to mutate into Mature Form,  (But due to how Loyalty works, your homun can reach lv99 way before being Loyal)

then

Mature Form + lv99 ->Turn to Homun

As ShoLin stated, if you want the Loyalty Skill you'll have to re-Loyal it in Mature form again....but keep in mind that once you turn it Homun S, loyalty drops...again.

Honestly, I don't see much use for the Loyalty Skills of Filir and Vanilmirth (what's worse, using them resets the Loyalty to Hate), Lif's I really don't know about. I got Bloodlust on my Amistr...because that's what others told me, I reckon it helped it level a little faster though.

#6 Calza

Calza

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 933 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 13 July 2015 - 12:23 AM

Yep got it thanks. Now 99 and Cordial.

I've set it to AggroHP 100 and to ignore all monsters, so I can still get the =30 vit bonus. Even if it sneaks a kill or two in (somehow) it'll take a hell of a lot of kills to go 99 > 100!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users