Leveling spots! - New Player Zone and General Guides - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Leveling spots!

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Cfuson

Cfuson

I am New.

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 23 November 2010 - 03:29 PM

Heya guys just started playing Ragnarok Valkyrie last night and im wondering where should i go to lvl as a 18/20 mage? My skills are lightning bolt 10 and SP increase 9. Currently i am killing the Muka and Peco Peco mobs n the sograt desert but it seems this place will only last me till lvl 20, Any help is apprciated.

#2 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 23 November 2010 - 06:05 PM

Open your world map (Ctrl+~) and click on the little Poring at the bottom right corner. Aim for maps which have a recommended level within 10 levels of your character (so maps that are numbered from 18-28).

Once you get into the 45-55 range, go for Floras and Greatest Generals, as they're static (non-moving) monsters that are great for long-range characters such as Mages. I don't know where Floras got relocated, but the map with the most Greatest Generals are near Payon.

#3 Cfuson

Cfuson

I am New.

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 23 November 2010 - 06:57 PM

ok so if these mobs dont move (like the mandragos) near geffen would if be possible if i go there now at 24 and nuke them down from long range? or do they have a long range attack?

Edited by Cfuson, 23 November 2010 - 06:58 PM.

#4 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 23 November 2010 - 07:13 PM

ok so if these mobs dont move (like the mandragos) near geffen would if be possible if i go there now at 24 and nuke them down from long range? or do they have a long range attack?

Greatest Generals have an attack radius of about 4 cells while Floras will hit you if you get closer than 3 cells to them.

The reason I told you to wait is because you'll get less EXP from a monster that's 11+ levels higher than your character as the EXP penalty will only allow you to get good EXP from a higher level monster when it's 10 levels higher than your character. Once it's beyond that range, you won't get a good amount of EXP and in extreme cases, the EXP you get would be so low, it's not worth it.

Here's a detailed explanation of how it works: http://irowiki.org/wiki/Experience

If you can get to level 45, then it would be worth your while, but at your level, you're going to be doing a lot of work for very little reward.

Edited by ZeroTigress, 23 November 2010 - 07:15 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users