*UPDATED 12/8/2018* blackCROSS's Ultimate Physical Rune Knight Guide - Page 17 - Swordsman Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * * 8 votes

*UPDATED 12/8/2018* blackCROSS's Ultimate Physical Rune Knight Guide

• Please log in to reply
1238 replies to this topic

#401 MoyuZ777

MoyuZ777

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2081 posts
  • LocationUnited States
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 05 March 2016 - 02:32 PM

When my GX is ready and I'm ready to make a new chat I'll be making this one.

#402 DemliekCake

DemliekCake

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 318 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Pioneer Server FWT

Posted 05 March 2016 - 05:11 PM

it should be okay, since you can use gx gear for agiRk. The difference maybe weapon? and armor.

and btw, i tried to solo nct earlier with iB, i feel that you will need raydric or dr to solo that place. Those thing hit hard. DPS isnt really a problem with he. I can kill them under 15s~ as long as i dont die. If he proc, i wont die because of the leech, unless i step on the gutter line and screw up my bb. And bring phen/spellflow + pertz during leveling. It is handy if you step on gutter line and want to break free.

#403 spikexp

spikexp

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 2181 posts
  • Server:Chaotic

Posted 05 March 2016 - 05:40 PM

all this time I never actually BB in between IB cooldown lol

since ROHook screwed I barely touch BB anymore. shouldn't magnum break be enough just to distance the mobs? I hope my flamel faw holds...

#404 DemliekCake

DemliekCake

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 318 posts

Posted 05 March 2016 - 06:06 PM

since bb hit twice when you are out of gutter line, it actually very good to proc either LD or HE. I can deal something like 5~7k bb per hit, and twice that damage with proper converter. So it actually add a quite nice amount of dps.

#405 blackCROSSCY

blackCROSSCY

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1864 posts
  • LocationSG
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 05 March 2016 - 06:56 PM

when gutterline fails you, use wind cutter and move away.

#406 Lazaruce

Lazaruce

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2171 posts
  • LocationLabyrinth Inside Forsaken Eternity (L.I.F.E)
  • Server:Thor

Posted 05 March 2016 - 07:03 PM

I use fly wing on that situation since there's no telling when lag can spike before I can actually move :wah:

Edited by Lazaruce, 05 March 2016 - 07:04 PM.

#407 jiggity

jiggity

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 638 posts

Posted 06 March 2016 - 04:35 AM

it should be okay, since you can use gx gear for agiRk. The difference maybe weapon? and armor.

and btw, i tried to solo nct earlier with iB, i feel that you will need raydric or dr to solo that place. Those thing hit hard. DPS isnt really a problem with he. I can kill them under 15s~ as long as i dont die. If he proc, i wont die because of the leech, unless i step on the gutter line and screw up my bb. And bring phen/spellflow + pertz during leveling. It is handy if you step on gutter line and want to break free.

Instead of relying on hawkeye to proc, have you ever considered using spell enchants? With only 1 base dex I'm planning to FAW spell enchants and rwc ring/pendant combo which gives 46% reduction total. 

Edited by jiggity, 06 March 2016 - 04:42 AM.

#408 DemliekCake

DemliekCake

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 318 posts

Posted 06 March 2016 - 04:57 AM

not really a good idea. You will sacrifice too many damage. I mainly run around with wak wak garment + perfect roll rwc ring with g.scaraba. so i will basically trading 60+40+40 atk to some spell redux which i can get with he proc.

if i run full skill spam ib rk (if we get bio5 headgear), i might create a 120dex rk with temp dex HE/fs. But i still dont think i will run cast redux with it.

#409 jiggity

jiggity

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 638 posts

Posted 06 March 2016 - 05:36 AM

Reason why i wanted to try is because i have a +12 VF fs 14 wep and G.scarab cards with rwc ring/pend combo. Instead of wearing 2 rings the trade off is basically -3%atk in favor or +16% cast reduc. I'll go ahead and give HE temp boots a go first and see how i like it. My new build is:

120 Str

120 luk

100 agi

60 int

61 vit

1 dex

Edited by jiggity, 06 March 2016 - 05:45 AM.

#410 Lazaruce

Lazaruce

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2171 posts

Posted 06 March 2016 - 08:47 AM

Reason why i wanted to try is because i have a +12 VF fs 14 wep and G.scarab cards with rwc ring/pend combo. Instead of wearing 2 rings the trade off is basically -3%atk in favor or +16% cast reduc. I'll go ahead and give HE temp boots a go first and see how i like it. My new build is:

120 Str

120 luk

100 agi

60 int

61 vit

1 dex

Looks nice . Looking at the vit , I take it that you will use +20 and VIP buffs to get good stun resist and some hp increase gears and consumables , yes? I know RKs have the highest HP mods but having low Vit is kinda risky imo.

#411 jiggity

jiggity

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 638 posts

Posted 06 March 2016 - 11:15 AM

Looks nice . Looking at the vit , I take it that you will use +20 and VIP buffs to get good stun resist and some hp increase gears and consumables , yes? I know RKs have the highest HP mods but having low Vit is kinda risky imo.

Yes once you go VIP you don't go back and I eat brisket like candy.

#412 Lazaruce

Lazaruce

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2171 posts

Posted 06 March 2016 - 12:27 PM

Yes once you go VIP you don't go back and I eat brisket like candy.

I only eat brisket like a porterhouse since I don't have much zeny and time to farm just to cook so Imma keep my vit @ 80 . With VIP buff and class bonus , it should put me close to 90-ish

#413 blackCROSSCY

blackCROSSCY

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1864 posts
  • LocationSG

Posted 06 March 2016 - 06:35 PM

not really a good idea. You will sacrifice too many damage. I mainly run around with wak wak garment + perfect roll rwc ring with g.scaraba. so i will basically trading 60+40+40 atk to some spell redux which i can get with he proc.

if i run full skill spam ib rk (if we get bio5 headgear), i might create a 120dex rk with temp dex HE/fs. But i still dont think i will run cast redux with it.

I've been patiently waiting for the bio5 headgear as well. SO much that I'm preparing a new build for a competent skill usage IB-BB RK for it. Currently making another RK to run this build.

Here's the layout for my new RK:
--------------------------------------------------------
Stats:
[Full BB IB]
STR- 120
AGI- 90
VIT- 90
DEX- 120
INT- 35
LUK- 2
OR
[Pseudo DB/IB BB RK]
STR-110
AGI- 90
VIT 100
DEX- 120
INT- 60
LUK- 1

Gears:
Bio5 Headgear/[White Eddga+12 for now]
Roboeye/BDM[DLF3]
JinnBalloon
+12 TGL/VF AK*2/[SwordGuardian*2 for now], FS12~14
+9HBP/FAW FS16 [Wakwak]
+9 Temporal Dex Boots FS7/HE(or BP)
Bakonawa Tattoo x2, or Megs if you're a rich dawg.

Costumes:
Full Moon
Any 1% Atk Mid
Physical Set +23
Aspd1 Wing
Liberation Set

----------------------------------------

puppy*ing reason that BB isnt spammable now is because Renewal added a -_-ty 0.35 sec fixed cast time to it, that wasn't there pre-renewal [which is why BB is spammable for classic LKs and here we have RKs who cant spam BB for nuts].

Beyond the goddamn temporal dex boots, I cant find any good replacement to entirely remove the fixed cast time, but frigging magic happens when it's finally removed: Skill DPS suddenly flies sky high.

With 193 ASPD(191.5 without asir), and dex at 120, I basically got 3-4BBs per sec, and practically no cast time on IB.
BB's DPS becomes much higher than just doing IB when you add in those sword guardian cards. Theoritically, when HE activates, you should have 0 cast time and be able to cast 5 BBs per sec(0.2s server fixed delay), and no IB cast time. Hence 10BBs and 1 IB every 2 seconds, although I'd count on lags and -_- to only do about 7-8BB in 2seconds. IB damage might be lower without +9 Black Ribbon, but when +12 Eddga procs, the damage becomes closer, while the amount of BBs done in 2seconds way exceed what IB can do, hence Eddga is better for now.

***Calculator shows me i do 52K per BB with Turisus rune on Kraken with a wind element converter(not mildwind) when +12 Eddga procs***
(I use Kraken as the example because he's large sized and has pretty low def [62hard def]). 

When the Bio5 headgear comes out, switching over to a +12 Old Rune Circlet and a +12 AK weapon will reduce BB damage from 52K to about 40K, but IB jumps from 90K to 300~350K.

-------------------------------------------------------

Above content is still personally untested but am positive that it might be pretty good, so am currently leveling a new RK to test it out before Bio 5 comes out. Dude's level 117 now, so hopefully I can get him done by next week.

DPS-wise, Crit RK will still win out with Crush Strike and Berserk, but only has access to half the AOE DPS. Crit RKs can still do 300K~ IBs but only do 2 BBs instead of 7-8 in between. This STR build RK can also do some DBs if needed by just swapping some gears. DPS of DB should still be decent because equipment probably accounts for a hell lot more of DB's damage than the actual stats as long as you're 175 and have 120 dex.

Edited by blackCROSSCY, 06 March 2016 - 06:40 PM.

#414 jiggity

jiggity

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 638 posts

Posted 06 March 2016 - 08:00 PM

I've been patiently waiting for the bio5 headgear as well. SO much that I'm preparing a new build for a competent skill usage IB-BB RK for it. Currently making another RK to run this build.

Here's the layout for my new RK:
--------------------------------------------------------
Stats:
[Full BB IB]
STR- 120
AGI- 90
VIT- 90
DEX- 120
INT- 35
LUK- 2
OR
[Pseudo DB/IB BB RK]
STR-110
AGI- 90
VIT 100
DEX- 120
INT- 60
LUK- 1

Gears:
Bio5 Headgear/[White Eddga+12 for now]
Roboeye/BDM[DLF3]
JinnBalloon
+12 TGL/VF AK*2/[SwordGuardian*2 for now], FS12~14
+9HBP/FAW FS16 [Wakwak]
+9 Temporal Dex Boots FS7/HE(or BP)
Bakonawa Tattoo x2, or Megs if you're a rich dawg.

Costumes:
Full Moon
Any 1% Atk Mid
Physical Set +23
Aspd1 Wing
Liberation Set

----------------------------------------

puppy*ing reason that BB isnt spammable now is because Renewal added a -_-ty 0.35 sec fixed cast time to it, that wasn't there pre-renewal [which is why BB is spammable for classic LKs and here we have RKs who cant spam BB for nuts].

Beyond the goddamn temporal dex boots, I cant find any good replacement to entirely remove the fixed cast time, but frigging magic happens when it's finally removed: Skill DPS suddenly flies sky high.

With 193 ASPD(191.5 without asir), and dex at 120, I basically got 3-4BBs per sec, and practically no cast time on IB.
BB's DPS becomes much higher than just doing IB when you add in those sword guardian cards. Theoritically, when HE activates, you should have 0 cast time and be able to cast 5 BBs per sec(0.2s server fixed delay), and no IB cast time. Hence 10BBs and 1 IB every 2 seconds, although I'd count on lags and -_- to only do about 7-8BB in 2seconds. IB damage might be lower without +9 Black Ribbon, but when +12 Eddga procs, the damage becomes closer, while the amount of BBs done in 2seconds way exceed what IB can do, hence Eddga is better for now.

***Calculator shows me i do 52K per BB with Turisus rune on Kraken with a wind element converter(not mildwind) when +12 Eddga procs***
(I use Kraken as the example because he's large sized and has pretty low def [62hard def]). 

When the Bio5 headgear comes out, switching over to a +12 Old Rune Circlet and a +12 AK weapon will reduce BB damage from 52K to about 40K, but IB jumps from 90K to 300~350K.

-------------------------------------------------------

Above content is still personally untested but am positive that it might be pretty good, so am currently leveling a new RK to test it out before Bio 5 comes out. Dude's level 117 now, so hopefully I can get him done by next week.

DPS-wise, Crit RK will still win out with Crush Strike and Berserk, but only has access to half the AOE DPS. Crit RKs can still do 300K~ IBs but only do 2 BBs instead of 7-8 in between. This STR build RK can also do some DBs if needed by just swapping some gears. DPS of DB should still be decent because equipment probably accounts for a hell lot more of DB's damage than the actual stats as long as you're 175 and have 120 dex.

freakin sweet dude! bb TOO STRONK! 

Edited by jiggity, 06 March 2016 - 08:01 PM.

#415 blackCROSSCY

blackCROSSCY

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1864 posts
  • LocationSG

Posted 06 March 2016 - 08:19 PM

Thing is, this still sucks compared to the 100Ks of rolling cutter that GXs can do. It's too frigging OP. 

**side note: The 110STR build is probably the closest you can get to being competent at all three aspects of the game; PVM/PVP/WOE, since you still have pretty good DB access , while concurrently having high str and agi to use BB IB for those shadow/holy/wind/water mobs.

**edit** You can still also get decent crush strike with this by using counter attack to get a crit. 1.2~1.5M should still be feasible.

Edited by blackCROSSCY, 06 March 2016 - 08:33 PM.

#416 Zayaan

Zayaan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1802 posts

Posted 06 March 2016 - 08:43 PM

puppy*ing reason that BB isnt spammable now is because Renewal added a -_-ty 0.35 sec fixed cast time to it, that wasn't there pre-renewal [which is why BB is spammable for classic LKs and here we have RKs who cant spam BB for nuts]

It's actually a 0.3 sec cooldown. This was a custom change made by iRO due to nodelay abuse. Double Strafe and Arrow Shower also have this cooldown.

It makes sense in the case of Arrow Shower, as the only way to cast it faster is by using nodelay. However, BB and DS both have animations that are based off the player's aspd, so the cooldown nerfs high aspd characters.

You can request for the cooldown to be removed in Tiki Tuesday, but I doubt they'll do it.

193 aspd BB without cooldown:

193 aspd DS without cooldown:

Who would even use nodelay with BB and DS in renewal? Could just use nodelay with Aimed Bolt and Dragon's Breath instead.

#417 blackCROSSCY

blackCROSSCY

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1864 posts
  • LocationSG

Posted 06 March 2016 - 09:27 PM

Woah, that 193 BB spam is AWESOME. If we could get that back for RKs, goddamn swords might finally be back in game instead of just DBs with 50K spams at that speed.

I dont want to make assumptions yet, but I see a huge noticeable BB cast time reduct wearing temporal dex boots compared to no boots atm. I'll try to get my get my new RK up to 90AGI asap and see if the after delay is fixed at 0.3 sec. If it is, I would beg my ass off on Tiki Tuesday if necessary to get them to remove that delay for BB.

**This part onwards is a major rant. I hope Oda reads it and please listen to me about it. For others, skip it if you dont want to hear rants**

It just doesnt make sense that RKs need to do so much (look at my extreme stats in dex) just to have such delays in BB when DB can already hit much higher DPS and at faster speeds. And then there's GX's rolling cutters and Gene's Cart cannon, and even RG's VP spams faster at a higher damage%. The best part is both RGs and Genes get to keep their shields while spamming, totally no trade-off compared to two-hand sword.

I remember the recent job-change **I'll go find a screenie for it** for my new RK starting with something saying that they found a path to improve the sword. It's a frigging lie. You're gonna be the living breathing energy bar for your dragon, or risk broken swords, and lousy new sword skills- besides enchant blade. Even RG's Overbrand and Cannon Spear does better than IB with 2 seconds global CD, while Vanishing Point is highly spammable but Sonic Wave has a goddamn 2seconds CD total. They even get to keep using the shield!

It's like telling RKs not to pick up the sword so you just become an ornament for the dragon, and this is unique only to iRO. I don't think it's intentional, but we've been butt--_- too hard. Bring back some balance please.

Here's the comparison. There's actually way more real two-handed sword users in kRO and jRO because it works there.
kRO:
- Bio 5 makes IB actually do something for its ridiculous 2 seconds CD
- BB is spammable.
- Lindy HOP doesnt break. (expensive, yes, but at least end game option is available this way).

jRO (I have this theory that jRO bought over RO rights because the owner loved RK and wants it balanced back his way):
- Release of Onimaru blade that is totally meant for fighting RKs. Unbreakable.
- Changed wind-cutter so it isn't the total crap skill we have here. (Seriously? 350% damage for a two seconds cooldown?)
- Crush Strike has no CD. If you like, spam your 999K Crush strikes every second.
- Release of RK headgear that boost rune effects (Thurisus rune adds 60STR, while -30INT)--> TwRO has it implemented too.
(Might be a bit too OP, but GXs there are way worse with 400K crits and 999K counter strikes so it probably matches up).

iRO:
- You play RK as a knight because you actually like roleplaying that class. You just got scammed by RO if you pick it over RGs, Genes or GXes, thinking your sword actually does something when you go beyond LK.

If there really is a fixed 0.3 delay, please, the least you can do is remove it, for even a bit of balance sake.

Edited by blackCROSSCY, 06 March 2016 - 09:29 PM.

#418 Zayaan

Zayaan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1802 posts

Posted 06 March 2016 - 10:37 PM

Oh, it's 0.5 seconds, not 0.3 seconds.

Source: http://forums.irowik...ead.php?t=70295

I know it says "after cast delay" in the patch notes, but it's supposed to be "cooldown". Magic Strings, Kiel Cards, etc won't affect it.

#419 blackCROSSCY

blackCROSSCY

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1864 posts
  • LocationSG

Posted 06 March 2016 - 10:42 PM

... I am going to test it out in this week and if it's true, I'm going to do all I can to get this bull-_- changed

#420 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 07 March 2016 - 01:59 AM

Pre renewal woe balancing due to cheaters, that affects renewal gameplay :v

#421 DemliekCake

DemliekCake

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 318 posts

Posted 07 March 2016 - 03:43 AM

i dont think there is any 0.5 cd on bb. If there is a cd, it will be much much lower. I already run 120 temp dex bb build before. It spam rate is kinda great.

#422 Zayaan

Zayaan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1802 posts

Posted 07 March 2016 - 03:54 AM

i dont think there is any 0.5 cd on bb. If there is a cd, it will be much much lower. I already run 120 temp dex bb build before. It spam rate is kinda great.

Cat paw appears on BB icon for about half a second when you cast it, so there is a cooldown. Being able to cast 1.5 times a second is not what I call great.

#423 blackCROSSCY

blackCROSSCY

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1864 posts
  • LocationSG

Posted 07 March 2016 - 04:08 AM

I hope you're right. I kinda can't test it yet til my New RK gets 90agi, so I won't know the fact til this weekend at least. No choice since dudes still gotta use DB to grind first, so current only 120 dex and 90 vit.

As for the car paw while casting, it is due to the fixed cast time Which I am sure about. it's only the after cast delay that shouldn't be there that worries me.

here's what I'm gonna test when I get that 193 aspd, but if someone else has a 120 dex RK with 193 aspd, it would help if you can try it out too. Just 2-3steps:
1. smack eggs with any HE enchant boots.
2. switch to temporal dex when HE activates, unless you already have HE temporal dex boots.
3. Spam IB and BB and see how many BBs you can do in between each IB. if the cast delay isn't there, by right you should be able to to 10BBs.

#424 DemliekCake

DemliekCake

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 318 posts

Posted 07 March 2016 - 04:16 AM

Cat paw appears on BB icon for about half a second when you cast it, so there is a cooldown. Being able to cast 1.5 times a second is not what I call great.

yea, my mistake, there seem to be 0.5 cd on it. But somehow i feel that it is manageable o3o~
but it will be way stronger with no cd.

tested with my 175 aspd chaser with temp dex HE spell.
btw, feint bomb deal 35k on HE :v

Edited by DemliekCake, 07 March 2016 - 04:35 AM.

#425 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 07 March 2016 - 04:16 AM

If you switch boots you lose the proc instantly.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users