*UPDATED 12/8/2018* blackCROSS's Ultimate Physical Rune Knight Guide - Page 22 - Swordsman Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * * 8 votes

*UPDATED 12/8/2018* blackCROSS's Ultimate Physical Rune Knight Guide

• Please log in to reply
1238 replies to this topic

#526 DemliekCake

DemliekCake

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 318 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Pioneer Server FWT

Posted 26 April 2016 - 07:03 PM

yeah, since if you want to crit properly using this new sword, you will have to trade your rwc/ pendant of maelstrom with luk glove. so you will be missing some major portion of your damage. but it is still better than your weapon breaking while in frenzy.

#527 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 26 April 2016 - 07:44 PM

i was talkin about FS enchants kek

crit is not a problem with the abundance of foods for that purpose :V

#528 DemliekCake

DemliekCake

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 318 posts

Posted 26 April 2016 - 09:17 PM

FS enchant... is meh.. Even right now.
Sharp enchant will allow you to use RWC ring/ pendant of maelstorm with gold scarab which give you 40+ damage or 20+ 7%  (for single acc slot) compare to a measly 24 atk from FS7..

FS enchant already die since longggg ago for agi Rk build.

#529 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 26 April 2016 - 09:19 PM

When you CS u dont need crit rate, counter attack :v

#530 DemliekCake

DemliekCake

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 318 posts

Posted 26 April 2016 - 09:27 PM

you will need crit rate of normal crit, and sharp is still better than FS for that purpose, unless you dont mind spending lot of zeny on buff.

#531 jiggity

jiggity

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 638 posts

Posted 27 April 2016 - 02:23 AM

Is the new sword enchantable? Ash please explain how to CS with counter attack. What about Hurricane Fury for CS? Is it not favored because no parry or TH quicken? It does have higher attack and is enchantable.

#532 DemliekCake

DemliekCake

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 318 posts

Posted 27 April 2016 - 02:33 AM

pretty sure it isnt enchantable. So you will lose quite a few crit rate with it.

if you want to use CA, just stand next to the enemy, and spam click on it. It will be a guarantee crit atk even if the mob dont hit/atk you.

Yeah, you can use HF for CS, but the main point of this weapon is it allowed you to sneak a CS if your BP/ drooping eddga proc for huge CS crit atk.
If you use HF, then you will need to swap weapon, cast back Spear dynamo, then 1 s cast time of CS then finally atk, then swap back to 2hand sword, cast back 2hand quicken and wait for another BP/drooping Eddga proc. Not to mention that your 2h weapon can break with thurisus.

But with this new shinny gigantic blade, you can keep your 2hand quicken, spear dynamo, thurisus rune, and keep atk-ing and only have to active Rhydo when BP proc.

btw protip: LukGlove[phen] is a thing if you dont want to swap crit shadow with spellflow and default shoes and shield.

edit: side note, you also can default HF as your main ctrl-click weapon and dont bother with all the gear swap and rebuff, but you will lose the benefit of parry instead. I love parry especially against mvp/hard hitter, so i will stick with 2hsword.

edit2: btw, if you are worried with the a bit of damage lose because trading rwc/POM with luk glove, you can get excellion suit with Reacto Str, reacto atk, reacto atk for a whooping 160 atk with 120 str build. All in all, 15.1 is very good for agi RK.

Edited by DemliekCake, 27 April 2016 - 03:14 AM.

#533 jiggity

jiggity

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 638 posts

Posted 27 April 2016 - 11:48 AM

im pretty sure hurricane fury is unbreakable and i don't find weapon switching, recasting of skills all that hard. As long as you can get your CS off before LD duration ends it shouldn't be a problem. maybe I'll make one just for fun. who really knows when we get 15.1. 

#534 jiggity

jiggity

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 638 posts

Posted 27 April 2016 - 01:57 PM

yeah, since if you want to crit properly using this new sword, you will have to trade your rwc/ pendant of maelstrom with luk glove. so you will be missing some major portion of your damage. but it is still better than your weapon breaking while in frenzy.

how about a peuz's plate +20 crit?

#535 DemliekCake

DemliekCake

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 318 posts

Posted 27 April 2016 - 11:53 PM

you can, but again, reacto str for the upcoming excellion suit will give +10 atk per 10 str. so i will prefer that as my default armor. Btw, rip Hero Plate. The only one which is useful probably undead or shadow carded hero plate. Otherwise excellion suit all the way for retarded amount of atk.

btw, if you use LD, the sneak CS probably wont really matter because the damage increase is pretty small.

#536 Lazaruce

Lazaruce

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2171 posts
  • LocationLabyrinth Inside Forsaken Eternity (L.I.F.E)
  • Server:Thor

Posted 28 April 2016 - 09:20 AM

Ooooooh new toy is always welcome :rice:

#537 dagger47

dagger47

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 594 posts
  • Server:chaos

Posted 28 April 2016 - 11:39 PM

hi blackCROSS, can you ( or anyone else who has this build ) post videos of your agi crit rune knight solo'ing et as high as he can go the full run and videos you completing all instances solo ( full runs ).

Id esp like to see the Jitterbug/fenrir and Temple of Demon God.

I have full geared rolling cutter build gx and was contemplating selling all his gears and making your rk which i like ALOT ( already have a level 175 rk ready ). My concerns are if i'l be able to make zenny as this rune knight build. Also how much zeny would be required a week on average for its buff if you play every day?.

Edited by dagger47, 29 April 2016 - 02:13 AM.

#538 DemliekCake

DemliekCake

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 318 posts

Posted 29 April 2016 - 04:46 AM

my advice is dont. While you are making zeny, but in term of effectiveness vs gx:
1. gx dont really need pot and can just stack leeching gear for farming or mobbing
2. In a long run, rune are more expensive than poison bottle

If you are planning for a farming character, stick with ranger, gx, gene.

#539 dagger47

dagger47

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 594 posts

Posted 03 May 2016 - 12:00 PM

Can someone please explain in detail how 193 aspd was achieved with 100 base agi with out any bako tattoo. in this video >  https://www.youtube....h?v=kQp0uwemInM

I tried it last year with 100 base agi + vip buffs+ asir rune+ cementine+ 2 agi potion+ berzerk potion + caandy  and no bako tattoo no shadow set and no Rudra's Grace.

I was only able to reach 191 using violet of fear, temp luk boots and full fatal faw.

#540 jiggity

jiggity

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 638 posts

Posted 03 May 2016 - 06:08 PM

finally got all my gears. want to thank everyone on thread who helped me make informed decisions. If anyone has a better setup for pure crit attack build I'd love to hear it.

+12 White Eddga

BDM(Darklord Force 3)

CD in mouth

+12 Hero plate or Ares(I regret not usiing Porcellio card,the 5% hp from hero and HP increase pots are good enough,vital set is another option if need be)

+12 VF(AK) Sharp9

+9 FAW (Petal) max fatal enchants

+9 luk temp boots fs7/ld

RWC ring +3agi/+3%atk/+3%atk(gold scaraba card)x2

+9 Physical Set

+7 Crit Shadow Armor

AAW aspd 1

Costume fullmoon/Costume Tarnished Lamp(+10luk/+3Crit)

Costume devoted eyes atk 1%

screenChaos008_zps6s56qcco.jpg

Its basically 126 Agi with agi up, then berserk pot, celermen juice, asir rune, and 2hquicken. RK can hit 193 aspd easy. So invest in more FS enchants for more damage.

Edited by jiggity, 03 May 2016 - 06:20 PM.

#541 spikexp

spikexp

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 2181 posts
  • Server:Chaotic

Posted 03 May 2016 - 10:52 PM

key to maximizing asir rune is to have less +% aspd equipment modifier, so there's that.

#542 dagger47

dagger47

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 594 posts

Posted 08 May 2016 - 08:17 AM

will the new indestructible sword ''gigantic blade'' from the coming update 15.1 require the build to be changed in any way? and will it make everyone sell 12+ violet of fear as a better replacement?

#543 DemliekCake

DemliekCake

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 318 posts

Posted 08 May 2016 - 09:49 AM

i am pretty sure i will stick with my build since i run 2LukGlove build. But some people might need to look for lukGlove[1] to compensate for missing crit rate from VF if they run Sharp enchant. that's all i guess. Or you know, abrasive all day, everyday.

#544 jiggity

jiggity

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 638 posts

Posted 08 May 2016 - 06:12 PM

New sword is great for crush strike, thats the bottom line. Luk glove setup is interesting, but I think there is better end gear setup such as Sarah's Earring. If I had them perfect, I would absolutely hoard multiple +12 Violet Fears.

#545 dagger47

dagger47

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 594 posts

Posted 09 May 2016 - 04:59 AM

New sword is great for crush strike, thats the bottom line. Luk glove setup is interesting, but I think there is better end gear setup such as Sarah's Earring. If I had them perfect, I would absolutely hoard multiple +12 Violet Fears.

do you think its possible for the sarah's earring and 12+ violet combo to out perform/damage a fully geared dd crit gx? and if you could buy 1 for the most aspd increase, would you buy a tattoo or or a rudra costume with attack speed 1 ( aspd +1)

#546 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 09 May 2016 - 05:05 AM

RK wont surpass gx ctrl+click so soon.

Aspd rudra

#547 dagger47

dagger47

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 594 posts

Posted 09 May 2016 - 05:08 AM

will a rune knight gain extra stats at max job level 60? if so which ones?

#548 RaveMaster

RaveMaster

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4047 posts

Posted 09 May 2016 - 05:28 AM

at job 60 you get one point of str in total of 5.

Edited by Legendario2300, 09 May 2016 - 05:29 AM.

#549 dagger47

dagger47

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 594 posts

Posted 09 May 2016 - 05:34 AM

at job 60 you get one point of str in total of 5.

you get no agi bonus?!!  :p_omg:

#550 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 09 May 2016 - 05:38 AM

http://lmgtfy.com/?q...b 60 stat bonus

0 user(s) are reading this topic