*UPDATED 12/8/2018* blackCROSS's Ultimate Physical Rune Knight Guide - Page 27 - Swordsman Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * * 8 votes

*UPDATED 12/8/2018* blackCROSS's Ultimate Physical Rune Knight Guide

• Please log in to reply
1238 replies to this topic

#651 Midnight2DX

Midnight2DX

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 09 September 2016 - 05:22 AM

I see thanks guys...Do converters work on bosses? I almost 1 hit GTB the other day too, I was a few hits short. I could prolly OHKO it if converters do work

Yes converters work on bosses as they change the ele of your weapon and most bosses are Ele level 4.  So you'll get the most bang for your buck when vs. ele on bosses.

Also, I believe I have the correct proc rates for the Milds quoted from Azzy on a very old forum.

Leo Crown - Mild Wind 4 (Fire) 5-10%

Capricorn Crown [1] - Mild Wind 1 (Earth) 5%

Scorpio Crown - Mild Wind 3 (Water) 1-2%

Libra Diadem - Mild Wind 2 (Wind) ~0.5%

#652 Midnight2DX

Midnight2DX

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 09 September 2016 - 05:27 AM

Is that damage with Turisis proc?

Yes.  As for right now this is the only way I can get 1m+ Crush Strike.  But I've heard of other RKs doing more than 1m without the proc.

Edited by Midnight2DX, 09 September 2016 - 06:11 AM.

#653 DestinyTalim

DestinyTalim

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 491 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Valkyrie/Chaos

Posted 09 September 2016 - 11:40 AM

Yes.  As for right now this is the only way I can get 1m+ Crush Strike.  But I've heard of other RKs doing more than 1m without the proc.

Like Xandez.

#654 mildcontempt

mildcontempt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3483 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 09 September 2016 - 11:53 AM

If you're open to outside assistance, then things like lex + sightless mind + dark claw + weapon perfection + odin's power + striking + self-provoke etc. + use of the ridiculous slaughter effect of a glorious claymore at a very high refine (+14) is immensely damage boosting. 

I am curious how crush strike will work, if at all, with maximum power thrust from the 2hand sword that grants it. Will it use the +100% atk AFTER crush strike or before it. 

I suppose that last one can be tested now with regular power thrust if the RK crits. 

#655 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 09 September 2016 - 12:51 PM

Maximum power trust adds 100% damage to the skill formula. If your CS end up being like 10000%, it will make it be 10100%

Regular Power Trust works completely differently.

Edited by Ashuckel, 09 September 2016 - 12:51 PM.

#656 mildcontempt

mildcontempt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3483 posts

Posted 09 September 2016 - 12:57 PM

I know that's how it works, but since CS modifies your own normal attack and works with crits, I thought perhaps there was wiggle room for a true doubling. Hard to test since RKs can't get that effect (yet)

Is regular power thrust a generic 5% (like the sign)? I thought the two power thrust skills worked similar to each other in that they add the damage at the end. 

#657 Midnight2DX

Midnight2DX

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 10 September 2016 - 09:30 AM

I'd love to get a party together one day and test maximum potential damage with all the outside buffs from other classes.  I'm positive the damage could 1 shot anything.

#658 Midnight2DX

Midnight2DX

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 11 September 2016 - 09:03 AM

I know that's how it works, but since CS modifies your own normal attack and works with crits, I thought perhaps there was wiggle room for a true doubling. Hard to test since RKs can't get that effect (yet)

Is regular power thrust a generic 5% (like the sign)? I thought the two power thrust skills worked similar to each other in that they add the damage at the end. 

Wiki says Maximum Power Thrust overrides regular Power Thrust (yes only 5%, user only gains the 25%).  I'm guessing in the end Maximum would give more damage over all.

#659 DestinyTalim

DestinyTalim

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 491 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie/Chaos

Posted 11 September 2016 - 06:11 PM

I'd love to get a party together one day and test maximum potential damage with all the outside buffs from other classes.  I'm positive the damage could 1 shot anything.

Apparently Xandez did that, did almost 13 million damage.  I think now we wouldn't be able to one shot anything, but nearly that.

#660 mildcontempt

mildcontempt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3483 posts

Posted 12 September 2016 - 10:48 AM

Wiki says Maximum Power Thrust overrides regular Power Thrust (yes only 5%, user only gains the 25%).  I'm guessing in the end Maximum would give more damage over all.

Well, regular power thrust works on the whole party (25% to the smith, 5% to everyone else.) Maximum only applies to the caster (100%). I repeat this only to illustrate that an RK cannot benefit from maximum powerthrust except with the 2hand sword that gives you the ability. 

Still, I'm curious if the 5% is a general atk boost or if it's like maximum powerthrust which adds a flat 100% of your base attack at the end of all attacks, including skills. If it's a general boost, then it (5%) is actually better in some ways. 

I can try testing it out later today, but my guess is it just adds the attack at the end like maximum powerthrust. 

Edited by mildcontempt, 12 September 2016 - 10:53 AM.

#661 ZELim1

ZELim1

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 94 posts
  • Server:Thor

Posted 15 September 2016 - 06:46 PM

question

is it advisable to get 

120 str

120 Luck

100 agi

80 vit

30 int

Im at a loss right now so please advise

#662 Midnight2DX

Midnight2DX

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 16 September 2016 - 05:41 PM

question

is it advisable to get 

120 str

120 Luck

100 agi

80 vit

30 int

Im at a loss right now so please advise

My stats are:
120 Str (For TempStr boots with IB)

120 Luk (For Temp Luk boots with Crit melee)

100 Agi (With 2hq, berserk, and asir I reach 191 aspd)

80 Vit

30 Dex (for skills to hit)

9 Int

I have 0 remaining stat points for this build.  In my opinion, 100 str vs 120 str gives a nice chunk of damage when crit-ing.  And for when I want to swap out for Str boots.  But, everyone has their own play style.

#663 Lazaruce

Lazaruce

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2171 posts
  • LocationLabyrinth Inside Forsaken Eternity (L.I.F.E)

Posted 16 September 2016 - 05:51 PM

Still contemplating on resetting my stats since I find high int good too. I feel like I will have SP and some resistance problems if I drop my INT :wah:

Current Stats :

STR 100

AGI 100

VIT 91

INT 80

DEX 2

LUK 120

Edited by Lazaruce, 16 September 2016 - 05:52 PM.

#664 Wimploo

Wimploo

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 17 September 2016 - 12:02 AM

Wont the damage output with ctrl+click be higher with like 80 INT then with 120 Str?

#665 ZELim1

ZELim1

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 17 September 2016 - 12:22 AM

my stats now are

120 str

120 luck

100 agi

85 vit (lol) clicked too much

20 int (you know, for enchant blade)

very happy with results.. Maya, GTB, moonlight dont stand a chance with (920k-ish) or without turisus proc(320k-ish) or converters..problem now is getting the eddga hat... This is a cash shop only item right?

Edited by ZELim1, 17 September 2016 - 12:24 AM.

#666 havemybaby

havemybaby

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 17 September 2016 - 02:53 AM

Wont the damage output with ctrl+click be higher with like 80 INT then with 120 Str?

you also have to consider thing like: crush strike damage, whether you want to use the 110str 2hsword, and tempstr bonus vs more damage with Enchant Blade.

if you want to use this RK for pvp or woe purpose, then you also must consider dex.

#667 Lazaruce

Lazaruce

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2171 posts

Posted 17 September 2016 - 07:20 AM

I don't have enough resources to test both but I find high INT better for me since I am utilizing  CD in Mouth , Hero Plate (Storm Gust / Heal ) and Violet Fear's proc . Not to mention I'm a cheapskate when it comes to SP items . doing 120 looks real good since you can fully utilize IB gears and STR temp boots but Imma stick with my build fer the mean time :D

#668 Midnight2DX

Midnight2DX

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 18 September 2016 - 06:23 AM

I've always wanted to try the CD / Hero Plate set up with high INT.  I just think it would get annoying if I was constantly proc SG and it knock around the enemies, then I have to chase after them.  But, it's a still a great AoE for MVP mobs.  With 9 INT and no SP gears I have 1500+ SP.  Personally, I didn't notice much of a difference when I had 80 INT.  But maybe i was doing something wrong.  I should just git gud and swap my VIT and INT stats.  9 VIT 80 INT @_@.

Edited by Midnight2DX, 18 September 2016 - 06:24 AM.

#669 Lazaruce

Lazaruce

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2171 posts

Posted 18 September 2016 - 08:02 AM

Well , yea . Storm gust procs can be annoying sometimes but it saved me more than it annoyed me. Since we have an awful casting time, whacking monsters and have SG proc can be usefull :)

edit : SG procs quite well btw , I tried whacking somebody in PVP before and SG proc'd in CS here (sorry for the crappy copy)

edit2 : gave 120 luk/str a whirl and it was good . didn't feel right to me since I used to have high int, tried CS on Purple Dragon but didn't go so well :v 

Spoiler

I read somewhere on this thread that there's another good armor for RK? Was that the one you'll get from Charleston Crisis quest? Can somebody gimme feedback on that armor ?

edit 4 : adding egg practice...(finally proc'd after 5 tries . I think i'll keep this build for a while :rice:

Spoiler

Edited by Lazaruce, 19 September 2016 - 10:39 AM.

#670 Midnight2DX

Midnight2DX

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 20 September 2016 - 02:42 PM

[/spoiler]

I read somewhere on this thread that there's another good armor for RK? Was that the one you'll get from Charleston Crisis quest? Can somebody gimme feedback on that armor ?

I think Crisis only gives new Mech gears.  You need 'Charelston Component' item (which looks like a little burnt computer chip) to buy them from Verus npc.  Sorta like Mora version of Mora coins.  You get them as quest reward.

I use +9 Ur's plate.  I like it the most atm because of the +1% HP/upgrade and the enchants you can get.  At +9 it gives you attack option when trying to enchant.  You can get either +1/2/3% atk in each slot.  So far the best I have is two +2% atk enchants.  I've burned through almost about 250 Mora coins trying to get double +3%.  Just settle for those for now until I feel like doing the Silvervine C coin trick again.

Edited by Midnight2DX, 20 September 2016 - 02:43 PM.

#671 Lazaruce

Lazaruce

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2171 posts

Posted 20 September 2016 - 06:42 PM

I think Crisis only gives new Mech gears.  You need 'Charelston Component' item (which looks like a little burnt computer chip) to buy them from Verus npc.  Sorta like Mora version of Mora coins.  You get them as quest reward.

I use +9 Ur's plate.  I like it the most atm because of the +1% HP/upgrade and the enchants you can get.  At +9 it gives you attack option when trying to enchant.  You can get either +1/2/3% atk in each slot.  So far the best I have is two +2% atk enchants.  I've burned through almost about 250 Mora coins trying to get double +3%.  Just settle for those for now until I feel like doing the Silvervine C coin trick again.

Thanks. I'll look into it. I got some Ur's plate too but need to put it to +9 but I'll work on that one too :D

#672 ZELim1

ZELim1

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 22 September 2016 - 08:21 PM

are the Excellion suits available already? did anyone try it?

#673 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 23 September 2016 - 02:34 AM

Not avaiable

#674 ZELim1

ZELim1

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 23 September 2016 - 07:46 AM

are you sure? coz i just saw someone wearing the chip hat thingy...

#675 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 23 September 2016 - 07:57 AM

not the same update

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users