*UPDATED 12/8/2018* blackCROSS's Ultimate Physical Rune Knight Guide - Page 38 - Swordsman Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * * 8 votes

*UPDATED 12/8/2018* blackCROSS's Ultimate Physical Rune Knight Guide

• Please log in to reply
1238 replies to this topic

#926 AmuWadai

AmuWadai

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 41 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 04 March 2018 - 08:46 AM

Hello blackCROSSY, which RK did you have more fun? Crit or STR ?

I only have 4b to gear my rk, which build  is best for my little budget?

:thx:

#927 blackCROSSCY

blackCROSSCY

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1864 posts
  • LocationSG
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 04 March 2018 - 11:06 AM

play str RK for now man. CRIT RK isnt as budget friendly until rune improvement kicks in... I have no idea when it will happen.

Also, str RK is not as rune dependent as crit rk, just like DB RK. So you can have fun without needing to waste time making a lot of runes.

On 4B budget this is what i would get:

Head: +8 Old Rune circlet (350-400M)--> aim make this +10 on refine event. 

Mid/lower: anything will do before you get the expensive stuff. Even a dark blinker is good.

Armor: +9/10 Evil Dragon armor. (600M or 1.1B)

Weap: +7-9 Gelerdria [3] (300M-500M). Slot with 3 mino. This lets you kill eveything you need to level and instance mostly, ranging from scarabas from 120-150 to big bells at 150-175, and all the faceworm instance and stuff. If want save $, just +7 it for now, and wait for enrich to make it +9.

Shield: +8 gaia shield (500M). Slot with hodremlin for 1size fit all. Least important of all the gears here, if want save money, just use rosa shield.

Shoes: +6-9 Temporal Str FS7 [any special enchant you like, but if got enough $ get BP or Lucky Day] (about 100M-350M based on upgrade and enchant)

Garment: +7 wakwak manteau [menblatt or raydric] (250M) OR any garment you like or already have(eg HBP or FAW). I chose this cuz it provides me with both good atk and range boost without needing set combo like valk manteau.

Accessories: Storm stone (200M) + Peuz Seal (5m lol)

Total cost: 1.9-2.4B (depend whether ur eda is +10 or 9)

Leaves you with 1.8B. You can save this z to do a few things:

1. get rune circlet to +10 on enrich, and later refine event go for +12 at least.

2. Buy +10 EDA if havent done so.

3. get second gelerdria +9 for 3 skel worker, for anti-medium. Great for bio5. If not, just buy another clean one to keep for enrich then make it +9.

4. Save $ for the luxury mid/accessories. This include tengu/mob/blacksmithglove/upcoming imperial feather. 

5. save for shadowgears like physical set/liberation set.

6. Once all those are done, then i start to try to get abusive with good enchants. Str5/6 is best choice, but you need it +13. Eventually this stuff costs you a bomb so don't waste $ getting it before other gears.

7. Play with bio5 enchant. Last of all priorities. STR RK basically can live without any enchant, so no need waste money here until its a luxury. I suggest just doing the frags enchant once to settle for whatever stats you get first in the meanwhile (about 240M at current prices).

#928 mikkotinamide

mikkotinamide

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1391 posts

Posted 04 March 2018 - 01:27 PM

Have you leveled with that? Is it possible to one shot scarabas with that set-up? What about big bells?

edit: Yup It can easily one-shot scarabas. Just having problems with SP even with EDA + incu. Getting one GP or BSG will probably allow you to ditch +9 Black Ribbon for RWH or vana

Edited by mikkotinamide, 11 March 2018 - 09:57 AM.

#929 bonislav

bonislav

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 194 posts
  • LocationBulgaria
  • Server:iRO[Chaos]

Posted 19 March 2018 - 07:06 AM

Is Gelerdria[3] with Storm Stone better than Gungnir[2] for IB/HS ?

Regards

#930 blackCROSSCY

blackCROSSCY

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1864 posts
  • LocationSG

Posted 19 March 2018 - 07:09 AM

yeap its better, but there's no perfect hit, which is useful for agi-up mvp. I'd keep a gungnir as a spare weap for such situations

#931 bonislav

bonislav

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 194 posts
  • LocationBulgaria

Posted 19 March 2018 - 07:18 AM

The thing is i recently started playing here lvl 95 knight and i wonder where to invest my zenies. I got a +9 HBP and i have 600 m left.

Any advice?

+9 Black Ribbon
+7/9 Glelerdria[3] with Storm Stone

Edit: I ended up getting :

+9 Gelerdrua[3] and Storm Stone.

Next things on my list would be

+ 9 Black Ribbon.

+ Peuz's Set

+ 8 Gaia Shield

+x Temp Str Boots FS/BP

+x Evil Dragon Armor

Regards

Edited by bonislav, 20 March 2018 - 02:16 AM.

#932 mikkotinamide

mikkotinamide

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1391 posts

Posted 20 March 2018 - 08:02 PM

@crosscy

Will you switch to gambler's seal + heart card in mouth combo when it comes out? And what advantages does a crit RK have over dd crit gx? I have a budget dd crit and I'm thinking of switching to RK since you mentioned it's tankier. I just want to survive more MvPs esp for central lab. 

#933 blackCROSSCY

blackCROSSCY

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1864 posts
  • LocationSG

Posted 20 March 2018 - 09:05 PM

crit RK hit not as hard, but crush strike lets you kill a lot of troublesome MVP in 1-2 hits, so you dont have to deal with their bull-_-. Tankier is, much tankier actually. Hagala rune give you high mdef, isia rune give you 2x healing from pots and you have parrying or shield and higher hp in general. But honestly, dd gx's higher dmg is more desired in my opinion, until rune improvement comes at least. Its like 3-4x higher damage for some tankiness, which is worth. CRIT RK only has it easier in bio5 since the tankiness lets you run around happily farming like doram.

I'm still gonna be using mobscarf on my main RK because he is hybrid IB/crit. 18% atk  and 30% crit dmg comes pretty close to 45% crit +24atk or sth , but my IB and HS also benefit.

However, i can see gambler seal being very good for crit RKs in general since there is also +4 aspd flat from the combo, which is much more than mob scarf's 5-10% aspd. This will let you use robot arm+ shield and still have 193 aspd EASILY. I think the mace+shield crit build is very very good for all non-lindy hop users if they can achieve the 193 aspd that easily since shield really makes you really tanky and mace are unbreakable so you can use crush strike without breaking weap. You do lose a little dmg but i think its worth it for higher end mvping

Edited by blackCROSSCY, 20 March 2018 - 09:07 PM.

#934 mikkotinamide

mikkotinamide

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1391 posts

Posted 20 March 2018 - 09:11 PM

in terms of cost effectiveness and efficiency, which is better for bio5 farming, crit RK or pure str RK (for when seraphim comes)? I'm enjoying IB RK right now but I'm leaning towards crit RK because of PD mask. Will you still be able to hit bio5 mobs with the stat build of a crit RK?

edit: more one-off questions, after maxing out IB, what should I get? Rune mastery or dragon training? Are there runes that actually help in leveling? and does FCP protect your weapon from giant growth and crush strike penalty?

Edited by mikkotinamide, 20 March 2018 - 09:15 PM.

#935 blackCROSSCY

blackCROSSCY

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1864 posts
  • LocationSG

Posted 20 March 2018 - 09:22 PM

fcp protect your weapon from breaking so it works- but i'm full solo so i dont like to play needing other character buffs lol.

I would say both are good in bio5, but i have it easier with crit RK since he can kill everything in bio5 easily, while str rk need to struggle a little bit against cecil and alphonsil (killing them slowly with gungnir+mummy 45% perfect hit, but it waste a lot of time so i rather dodge them). For beginners i recommend str rk though, its only my crit rk that has it easy since my gears are very good so my crush strike deletes anything that's hard to deal with *celia and gertie mainly* in one hit, no need to take risk.

Rune mastery is good for instance and mvping, but it isnnt needed for leveling since you usually dont use runes while leveling (what a waste of time and energy making runes for it). I would go for dragon training first so you move fast and carry on.

Edited by blackCROSSCY, 20 March 2018 - 09:23 PM.

#936 mikkotinamide

mikkotinamide

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1391 posts

Posted 21 March 2018 - 12:04 AM

Doesn't str rk kinda need triple seyren? Checked your gears from your youtube channel and so far, what I can't afford is probably +14 orc and lindy hop. Would a crit rk really be ineffective in bio5 and MVP-ing without those? 

#937 blackCROSSCY

blackCROSSCY

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1864 posts
  • LocationSG

Posted 21 March 2018 - 12:58 AM

Doesn't str rk kinda need triple seyren? Checked your gears from your youtube channel and so far, what I can't afford is probably +14 orc and lindy hop. Would a crit rk really be ineffective in bio5 and MVP-ing without those?

no need for any seyren, just 2 gelerdria, one 3 skel worker and another 3 minotaur.

crit rk without lindy is a little inconvenient but still playable, but you might consider putting a golem into your violet fear or tgl if not using mace.

The orc doesn’t need yo be +14, even +8 or 10 is really good

#938 deforte

deforte

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1129 posts

Posted 21 March 2018 - 02:47 AM

congratz and thanks for the update

want to ask... where is PDM build? luk 126? for people who loves the old but gold hack and slash :)

edit: my mistake - it was edited january 2018

Edited by deforte, 21 March 2018 - 02:50 AM.

#939 bonislav

bonislav

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 194 posts
  • LocationBulgaria

Posted 23 March 2018 - 01:41 AM

Why does +9 Black Ribbon seem very rare at the moment, I've been looking for one to buy and I don't see any being sold.

Regards

#940 blackCROSSCY

blackCROSSCY

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1864 posts
  • LocationSG

Posted 23 March 2018 - 02:25 AM

people are holding on to it while waiting for the community headgear change to arrive. Since storm stone + gele will make sonic wave and wind cutter hit better, the new headgear is actually the key to making the build actually work with lower cd.

#941 mikkotinamide

mikkotinamide

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1391 posts

Posted 23 March 2018 - 02:36 AM

Won't that be a separate headgear or are they going to remove the ignition break +%?

#942 bonislav

bonislav

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 194 posts
  • LocationBulgaria

Posted 23 March 2018 - 03:58 AM

It seems IB damage will be removed, but still it can take forever to get those headgear updates. 

Scratch that, I found a document where it says that Old Headgears will remain and they can be changed to the new versions of them.

Community Created Headgears

Also is the quest for this headgear active, meaning can I do the quests and get a gear or was it like a one time thing ?

Regards

Edited by bonislav, 23 March 2018 - 04:17 AM.

#943 MoyuZ777

MoyuZ777

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2081 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 24 March 2018 - 06:47 AM

@blackCROSSCY - Is there anything u would change to your build if we get the Rune Upgrade? I want to get my RK ready for that too. I do not enjoy DB, therefore as soon  as I hit 175 I will go ahead reset to RK Crit.

Would u still use Luminous Blue Stones even though the enchants comprises the equips?

I want to go back to my original roots of the Knight class and Crits =)

#944 blackCROSSCY

blackCROSSCY

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1864 posts
  • LocationSG

Posted 24 March 2018 - 06:43 PM

i’m currently still using blue stone since it’s still good to pair with demon mask to give crit dmg and crit rate. Rune improvement will not change my rk build as it’s just a direct increase to attack via turisus and asir rune buffplus changing stormblast formula to str instead of int.

I would plan my build around pervser demon mask and mob scarf at the moment. There’s a thread i posted about it last week here in Swordsman i think. Also, if you choose to use gambler seal (if it comes out soon), you can just plan your stats around demon mask only, a bit simpler.

#945 MoyuZ777

MoyuZ777

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2081 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 24 March 2018 - 09:04 PM

Thank you and yes I am planning my build around Gambler Seal.

Would you say that Lindy Lop is absolutely necessary? if not, what would be a good alternative?

#946 heickelrrx

heickelrrx

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 345 posts
  • Server:Valkriye

Posted 27 March 2018 - 04:29 AM

Lindy Hop is yea Neccesary if u crit RK, but u can settle with VF, Still Aim for Lindy by run Stefan everytime u not on CD

the unbreakable allow u to autocrit and use one of strongest skill : Crushing Strike

#947 MoyuZ777

MoyuZ777

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2081 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 27 March 2018 - 01:34 PM

Thank you Heickel. I've seen you in juno with your Rk. Are you able to solo Stefan with your crit rk? Thanks

#948 Guitarlum

Guitarlum

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 84 posts

Posted 28 March 2018 - 12:52 AM

I have a spare +10 Violet Fear Sharp2/Fightingspirit 7 (perfect for luminous & max damage, couldn't find significant difference in dmg to my lindy) to sell, PM me if interested. 

#949 bonislav

bonislav

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 194 posts
  • LocationBulgaria

Posted 29 March 2018 - 02:53 AM

How do you guys handle SP cost for a STR build IB/SW/HS spam?

Is Incubus Pet Enough?

Or do you just use consumables? 

Regards

#950 blackCROSSCY

blackCROSSCY

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1864 posts
  • LocationSG

Posted 29 March 2018 - 04:01 AM

evil dragon armor is the best choice for sp. A +9 one is good enough if you mob sufficiently

In the past i used to use thanatos weapon,nidhogg garment plus incubus. If you can’t afford evil dragon armour then you can stick to these items.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users