Suggestion for new Hard Mode Classic Server - Proposals and Suggestions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Suggestion for new Hard Mode Classic Server

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 nitaant

nitaant

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 522 posts

Posted 16 July 2015 - 08:39 PM

By hardmode we simply mean no transactions to boost play. can make purchasable costumes and such but thats it

Anyone remember the start of a server with no possibility of rmt or real money investment? I mean besides the risk of buying through rmt

remember when sitting for hp/sp was actually a thing, because there was nowhere to go and noone to catch up with? just sitting after killing mobs and enjoying the endless space that is ragnarok. no 99s yet. sure some people are zealous about drops, money, or leveling, but how fast? not even possible to level beyond a certain point until they have certain equips. that was the beauty of classic rag

gaining 10 levels in a day of HARDCORE play as a swordsman. that pecopeco or pupa card you got and spent all your money to buy that glittering jacket[1] to put it in making all the difference in your play. suddenly you are godmode!

each card, each drop, each vendored zeny counts. anyone can get lucky, for up to a year or more after server launches. card drops or overupgrades or even just slotted equipment. the first pure forgers on the server. so hard to level without bms and who really wants to leech when nobody is 99 yet?

hundreds of novices day 1. all spreading out slowly by day 2 to the various areas of pront, morroc, geffen and payon. mvp? RUN! be months before anyone can even try to take those on - with a full party mind you.

parties become a necessity for faster leveling and to not get bored with slow leveling.

ghost bandana! rare item! fin helm, rare. thara card! pvp god mode. first +7s on the server. huehuehuehue

anyone else like the picture im painting here?

Edited by VModCinnamon, 16 July 2015 - 11:27 PM.
Changed title to suggestion.

#2 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 16 July 2015 - 08:45 PM

lol who sits to regen. That's what slave alts, leech gears, or god forbid PARTIES are for. None of those come from the cash shop!

Other servers have tried the whole low rate no cash shop thing. People still get to 99 in like a week and end up leaving from boredom or just perpetually afking. Zeny still flows easily and inflation still bites everyone in the ass thanks to bots, and there will be bots.

I dunno what kind of server you're talking about actually. No one has been that hyped about RO since 2004. Can't really capture that magic again since everyone already knows everything there is to know about the game, where to level, and how to optimise.

#3 Themes

Themes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1412 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 16 July 2015 - 09:11 PM

Sorry bud, but I dont think this would really work. There's a lot of rose tinted glasses for the good old days but when it comes down to it pre-comodo wasnt fun at all when compared with the Comodo-Juno updates. The honeymoon period would end very quickly because most people know a lot more about the game and you'd see people hitting 99 within the first month of the server (maybe week depending on what you did with maps/mechanics).

You can still play Classic like that if you really want, unfortunately you wont have too many people to share the experience with unless you bring along some friends.

Some of the descriptions you gave were generally how Classic played when it was launched, I think if there hadnt been so many technical issues, weird Kafra Shop decisions or poor planning the server could have been huuuuuge. Other parts of what you described are just how new servers play, there's a few people around here who'll regularly ask for a reset or new server because it's a lot of fun to start from scratch. The idea of a ladder style server where every year or so everything gets wiped and you start from scratch is something I've heard people discussing for years now and could be really fun.

However the GM team is fairly focused on growing Classic as it stands now instead of splitting the playerbase further, which is a good move IMO.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users