Working on:
Acquiring a Glorious Bloody Roar and getting it to +9
One of Each Elemental Armor
+9ing the Thanatos Katar 
Buying a Better Chakram and then maybe +9ing
(In that order)

I'm running a CRS/Crit hybrid build like most people do

My questions are:

What other gear do I need to work on for MvPing? What gears do I need for more minor MvPs? What gears do I need to shoot for when dealing with major MvPs? How do I MvP as a GX and what are the strategies? What would you suggest I do for practice? How much of what supplies should I bring to MvP with and how much for a typically ET run by myself or with others?

#2 ZeAlpaca

ZeAlpaca

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 443 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Yo Momma Booty

Posted 17 July 2015 - 10:32 AM

My questions are:

What other gear do I need to work on for MvPing? What gears do I need for more minor MvPs? What gears do I need to shoot for when dealing with major MvPs? How do I MvP as a GX and what are the strategies? What would you suggest I do for practice? How much of what supplies should I bring to MvP with and how much for a typically ET run by myself or with others?

Basically read what everyone had been discussing in 100 of threads that asked the same question.

#3 Joatmon

Joatmon

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1303 posts

Posted 17 July 2015 - 10:36 AM

Basically read what everyone had been discussing in 100 of threads that asked the same question.

Looking for a response more tailored to what I have and what I need.

I've been reading forums and asking around but I also like making a post to see if I can't get any information or strategies from people I haven't talked to or seen post on forums before.

I'm not lazy, just thorough. So can we contribute to the discussion instead of trying to kill the thread? Kthnx.

Edited by Joatmon, 17 July 2015 - 10:57 AM.

#4 3452140212150117003

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 811 posts
  • Locationwest prontera
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:dedservRO

Posted 17 July 2015 - 05:36 PM

My questions are:

1.What other gear do I need to work on for MvPing?
2.What gears do I need for more minor MvPs? What gears do I need to shoot for when dealing with major MvPs?
3.How do I MvP as a GX and what are the strategies?
4.What would you suggest I do for practice?
5.How much of what supplies should I bring to MvP with and how much for a typically ET run by myself or with others?

1. gears that get you to 193 aspd, and decent crit rate, crit% damage, and basically damage%.
2.Minor: nothing much. You pretty much get away with anything. Just bring elemental armor.
3.Major: DR, maybe 2 bako so that you can change to FatalFAw. Elemental Armor.Consider using a shield to deal with higher tier.
3.Point and click. Then spam pots. 
4.Nothing. Skill for mvp-ing come from mvp-ing itself. So kill more mvp?
5.Cant really answer this one. Either bring kafra card or alt gene to fcp (you will need it anyway) and as an item carrier.

For more info, visit other threads, starting with this one : http://forums.warppo...an-aspiring-gx/

#5 Joatmon

Joatmon

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1303 posts

Posted 17 July 2015 - 05:41 PM

1. gears that get you to 193 aspd

You mean like the KvM Katar >.>

For more info, visit other threads, starting with this one : http://forums.warppo...an-aspiring-gx/

Been following that since day 1

Edited by Joatmon, 17 July 2015 - 05:42 PM.

#6 3452140212150117003

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 811 posts
  • Locationwest prontera

Posted 17 July 2015 - 06:12 PM

not really. you cant depend on kvm katar for 193. If you want to mvp, you should try to maintain at least 190 aspd (the higher the better).

#7 atsilva

atsilva

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 209 posts

Posted 17 July 2015 - 06:16 PM

You mean like the KvM Katar

He meant that you achieve consistent/permanent 193aspd by combining gears and stats. Since you msntioned above that you searched around in the forum, i'm confident yoh are familiar with the gears and consumables needed.

For ET specifically the amount of consumable is really dependent on your gear. I usually run it solo (no FCP slave neither AB slave) up to floor57. Dont think its worth to go higher. Personal opinion thou.

#8 Joatmon

Joatmon

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1303 posts

Posted 17 July 2015 - 08:14 PM

I was told that the KvM Katar procs constantly and even procs while it's proced.

I believe it's 7% chance? Once it procs it's safe to say that you'll stay at 193 aspd almost indefinitely as long as your attacking.

But not relying on the KvM Katar, I'm not for sure I know how to achieve 193 aspd via gear

I'm guessing a Pegasus Ear Wing, Awakening potion, +9 LuckyDay/Hawkeye/SpeedofLight DAA4 Temporal Agi boots, +9 Faw or HBP, and Loki's Assassin mask can get it?

EDIT:
Seems like HBP gives the best ASPD benefits unless the FAW is enchanted for it

EDIT:
So yeah, if KvM procs at 7% then that's .7 attacks out of every 10 attacks which is almost 1/10 attacks. At a base level of simply 185 ASPD you'll inflict somewhere between 8ish attacks in 2 seconds, I don't know the exact number. Doing the math, one of those hits are likely to proc the 193 aspd, and if it can proc itself then it'll proc at LEAST once every 3 seconds. So to me it seems like a +9 Glorious Bloody Roar does have reliable 193 aspd

The only reason I could fathom finding more gears to get 193 ASPD is if you had a weapon that was astronomically better. Only Guillotine Katar and Thanatos Katar have high enough damage difference to really be worth it imo as Krishna autocasts Sonic Blow. A good Chakram could be a good alternative to. My question is: Is it really worth it to spend more money on something that is only mildly more effective?

Edited by Joatmon, 17 July 2015 - 08:46 PM.

#9 hotel

hotel

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1571 posts
  • Playing:Pogo's Lounge
  • Server:shock town

Posted 17 July 2015 - 08:39 PM

at an aspd of 185 you'll be doing around 3 attacks per second. it'll be quite a few seconds before you have a good chance of proccing the katar.

you can rely on the kvm katar for 193 if you have no other means to reach it but you'll still want a consistent 190 aspd for it to proc reliably.

a well enchanted upgraded chakram is the best weapon for critting.

Edited by hotel, 17 July 2015 - 08:40 PM.

#10 Joatmon

Joatmon

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1303 posts

Posted 17 July 2015 - 08:43 PM

at an aspd of 185 you'll be doing around 3 attacks per second. it'll be quite a few seconds before you have a good chance of proccing the katar.

you can rely on the kvm katar for 193 if you have no other means to reach it but you'll still want a consistent 190 aspd for it to proc reliably.

a well enchanted upgraded chakram is the best weapon for critting.

Depends on the monster your fighting from what I can tell.

And GXs attack twice for every one attack a normal class does, and I am sitting here attacking Izlude eggs and it's definitely more than 3 hits for second bud. 

I think it'll proc a lot.

Edited by Joatmon, 17 July 2015 - 08:44 PM.

#11 xLoli

xLoli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1143 posts
  • LocationVirginia, U.S.
  • Server:Valkyrie > Chaos

Posted 17 July 2015 - 08:51 PM

I have a KvM +12. I really do not recommend relying on it solely, especially for higher end MvPs. Before 193 was more easily obtainable (lots changed in the last two years in terms of gear) a lot of ppl might use +7 Alicel hat. You could also use AGI boots AD4 Speed of Light now. Really though if you're going to maximize your dmg, you have a lot of gear investments to make, you're gonna want a lot of natural AGI, and food buffs. Different katars are better for different things as well. Its taken me ages to get most my gear complete, and I'm still farming/saving quite a bit. I say just don't rush it, have fun, and read the forums/otherguidesnotirowiki. Take the advice ppl who have been doing this years have to offer.

#12 Joatmon

Joatmon

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1303 posts

Posted 17 July 2015 - 09:01 PM

I'm taking advice I'm just wanting to make sure I'm thorough, which means being kinda bratty and throwing "but it seems like" statements out there, so sorry in advance, I'm not being mean or ungrateful.

And I'm not rushing anything kekekekeke, my GX is just hitting 150 tomorrow after all. (*-* it's the cliiiimb). I just feel that being this level I shouldn't be dying to Mistress and Amon Ra
>.>

<.<
*walks in shame*

I mean come on I almost solo'd Hatii on a 101 Maestro before a Gene killed it and I can't kill AMON RA with my-GX- *crais*

Though in retrospect I probs should have brought strawberries to that fight >.> Hehe
<.<

#13 3452140212150117003

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 811 posts
  • Locationwest prontera

Posted 18 July 2015 - 12:11 AM

i dont think that you will proc another 193 using kvm when it already proc. It need to be stop proc-ing, then you can proc another 193. And you will lose lot of dps during that time between 193 proc. Note on the "lot of dps" part.

^tell me if you dont understand that. o3o

btw, simple buff that will grant you extra aspd: awake, candy(extra agi is handy), juice, click the poisonbottle. If you really want to push it, eat stats food.

#14 hotel

hotel

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1571 posts
  • Playing:Pogo's Lounge
  • Server:shock town

Posted 18 July 2015 - 12:58 AM

that's interesting, because i remember reading somewhere that it can continue to proc while it's already proccing (lul what a weird word) although either way you'll still need decently high aspd to maintain good dps.

#15 3452140212150117003

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 811 posts
  • Locationwest prontera

Posted 18 July 2015 - 01:07 AM

welp. yeah. a quick test show that it can proc longer than 3s. so that mean you can proc another 193 while in 193. But it didnt occur,,,, that often.

#16 atsilva

atsilva

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 209 posts

Posted 18 July 2015 - 02:36 AM

welp. yeah. a quick test show that it can proc longer than 3s. so that mean you can proc another 193 while in 193. But it didnt occur,,,, that often.

From my experience it can re-proc indefinetly IF you are lucky enough.

Since i dont like the idea of a drastically change in my DPS i wouldnt recommend it.

For Joatmon:

There are many items that can give you a consistent ASPD.

You are probably thinking about using either a 120LUK build or 120STR so you are unsure to how to achieve the 193 ASPD.

Its actually easy with enough funds...gear is available and cheap consumables like Enriched Celermine could be used 24/7.

For low tiers MVP you only need the correct armor and any katar with EDP will be enough for the MVP, considering you bring enough pots.

If you decide to stick with the KVM weapon, keep in mind you will lose alot of DMG modifiers since it doesnt have slots and doesnt combo with anything (like Chakram+Cuffs). Its a playing style thou.

#17 meditation

meditation

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3547 posts

Posted 18 July 2015 - 03:30 AM

If you decide to stick with the KVM weapon, keep in mind you will lose alot of DMG modifiers since it doesnt have slots and doesnt combo with anything (like Chakram+Cuffs). Its a playing style thou.

Unless he's going to use glorious jama (+20% critical damage against everyone, not demi-human only). Anyway as you mentioned he would be losing a lot of damage compared to other weapons/combos.

Edited by meditation, 18 July 2015 - 03:31 AM.

#18 Joatmon

Joatmon

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1303 posts

Posted 18 July 2015 - 05:01 AM

From my experience it can re-proc indefinetly IF you are lucky enough.

Since i dont like the idea of a drastically change in my DPS i wouldnt recommend it.

For Joatmon:

There are many items that can give you a consistent ASPD.

You are probably thinking about using either a 120LUK build or 120STR so you are unsure to how to achieve the 193 ASPD.

Its actually easy with enough funds...gear is available and cheap consumables like Enriched Celermine could be used 24/7.

For low tiers MVP you only need the correct armor and any katar with EDP will be enough for the MVP, considering you bring enough pots.

No.... No no no XD
I'm going a 120 Agi build for CRS damage modifiers. My Crit damage is gonna be more item based than not so with the way it's turning out I am gonna need a good Crit Katar. Probably going to have to use either my current piss-poor Chakram or my KvM when I finally get it (Going Bloody Roar as CRS is my primary skill here) for awhile till I can get something nicer. This GX is for WoE too and is going to be leaning a little closer to WoE than to MvP.

Looking at all the Katars I'm noticing Thanatos and Guilotine Katar have the highest RAW damage. But Chakram does have the crit bonus with Handcuffs. Is the bonus via handcuffs enough to be stronger than using either Thanatos or Guillotine? (Better yet, anyone have the math?)

Anyone suggest another Katar?

Man. I thought I already knew a lot xD Guess I can't always count on the guy who got me started on a GX build and gear path XD (I need to refer him to this thread apparently...>.>)

i dont think that you will proc another 193 using kvm when it already proc. It need to be stop proc-ing, then you can proc another 193. And you will lose lot of dps during that time between 193 proc. Note on the "lot of dps" part.

^tell me if you dont understand that. o3o (I'm not dumb >.>)

btw, simple buff that will grant you extra aspd: awake, candy(extra agi is handy), juice, click the poisonbottle. If you really want to push it, eat stats food.

I always have plenty of awakes handy on my GX and if I ever HAVE to use stat food... it'll be too soon. (I ain't got time for that xD)

You suggest anything gear wise for 190-193 ASPD?
I'm pretty sure I can achieve 190 with Pegasus Ear Wing and +9 Temporal Agi with DAA and SOL, HE, or LD special enchant. Maybe a Loki's Assassin Mask to push it, but it has an ATK decrease so I'm not too fond of that idea.

EDIT:
My current resting ASPD is 183, with Awakes it jumps to 185 and occasionally 186 if I have VIP buffs going.

Edited by Joatmon, 18 July 2015 - 05:20 AM.

#19 3452140212150117003

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 811 posts
  • Locationwest prontera

Posted 18 July 2015 - 05:22 AM

as for thanatos katar vs charkram, someone already done the math, just search for its thread somewhere here.
gearwise for 193, nothing much, maybe 1 or 2 bako, then costume aspd. If still cant 193, use buff(s).

Btw, good luck running around in woe with no thara + no woe set xD

#20 xLoli

xLoli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1143 posts
  • LocationVirginia, U.S.

Posted 18 July 2015 - 05:27 AM

No.... No no no XD
I'm going a 120 Agi build for CRS damage modifiers. My Crit damage is gonna be more item based than not so with the way it's turning out I am gonna need a good Crit Katar. Probably going to have to use either my current piss-poor Chakram or my KvM when I finally get it (Going Bloody Roar as CRS is my primary skill here) for awhile till I can get something nicer. This GX is for WoE too and is going to be leaning a little closer to WoE than to MvP.

Looking at all the Katars I'm noticing Thanatos and Guilotine Katar have the highest RAW damage. But Chakram does have the crit bonus with Handcuffs. Is the bonus via handcuffs enough to be stronger than using either Thanatos or Guillotine? (Better yet, anyone have the math?)

Anyone suggest another Katar?

Man. I thought I already knew a lot xD Guess I can't always count on the guy who got me started on a GX build and gear path XD (I need to refer him to this thread apparently...>.>)

I always have plenty of awakes handy on my GX and if I ever HAVE to use stat food... it'll be too soon. (I ain't got time for that xD)

You suggest anything gear wise for 190-193 ASPD?
I'm pretty sure I can achieve 190 with Pegasus Ear Wing and +9 Temporal Agi with DAA and SOL, HE, or LD special enchant. Maybe a Loki's Assassin Mask to push it, but it has an ATK decrease so I'm not too fond of that idea.

The crit bonus with Chakram+Handcuffs is just crit. Won't help with skill attack I'm afraid. If CRS is your primary skill, then GBR for WoE, +12 eventually, and either Glorious Jama, Guillotine Katar, or Thanatos for PvE. I have not had the chance to play with GK, but Jama at +12 compared to a +9 Thanatos with a zipper bear card (not the best of cards but I budgeted it) is about the same on CRS & RC. 

For skill gear I use +9 HBP, Loki's Mask (the dmg decrease isn't much and with 193, you won't miss it), +12 Agi Boots AD4 (AGI at 110, so not going for that 1 bonus), enriched clerimine (sp? xD), gurana candy, and drosera herb stew. Crit gear I switch out the HBP to a Fatal FAW, use the same boots and buffs, and have ASPD1 on my Chakram. If you get a high FS enchant when that goes off on a Chak, it helps with ASPD as well. I wouldn't rely on it though.

Edit: And I use 1 Bakonawa tat & ASPD costume. You can also use the costume physical pendant I believe for a small percentage of ASPD.

Edited by xLoli, 18 July 2015 - 05:30 AM.

#21 xLoli

xLoli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1143 posts
  • LocationVirginia, U.S.

Posted 18 July 2015 - 05:34 AM

as for thanatos katar vs charkram, someone already done the math, just search for its thread somewhere here.
gearwise for 193, nothing much, maybe 1 or 2 bako, then costume aspd. If still cant 193, use buff(s).

I wouldn't say an entire set is needed, just GR WoE armor, cranial shield to switch to situationally, panda hat or CEB. I'm not as expierenced in WoE though as some, just seems losing some garment bonuses to protection for GX class can be kinda ehhhhh. Perhaps someone else can correct me on this though.

#22 MoyuZ777

MoyuZ777

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2081 posts
  • LocationUnited States
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 18 July 2015 - 06:08 AM

Joatmon, Chakram is better for crits more than the thana, even though the thana damage it's high

#23 Joatmon

Joatmon

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1303 posts

Posted 18 July 2015 - 06:35 AM

You mean my +9 Unfrozen WoE Suit, +9 Maestro CEB and +9 Superior WoE boots isn't for WoE? Poor me I have the wrong gears ;-;

#24 3452140212150117003

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 811 posts
  • Locationwest prontera

Posted 18 July 2015 - 06:56 AM

rather than theory crafting, let try it first by yourself :3
14% redux to demihuman+ 20% redux to range might work for you.

#25 Joatmon

Joatmon

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1303 posts

Posted 18 July 2015 - 08:13 AM

Regardless this isn't a thread about WoE.

It's about MvPing :P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users