Increased exp gain for VIP - Proposals and Suggestions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Increased exp gain for VIP

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 cju711

cju711

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 214 posts

Posted 17 July 2015 - 12:30 PM

+50% exp doesn't seem like much for being vip. considering we're keeping the game alive with our precious dollars, i think it wouldn't be too much to ask for a larger bonus. considering that with goggles and VIP, it still takes me ~70 minutes to gain 15% exp in NCT at lvl 158 with the easiest class to level in the game (ranger), it feels like my dollars aren't going very far. i dont even want to think about how hard it must be to level without VIP. this game is very very unkind to people who can't afford to shell out their cash to get ahead. maybe there should just be a server-wide increase to exp. 

and before you start with the "back in my day" bull-_-, i remember playing beta, i remember when everyone was anxiously awaiting 2-2 classes. i remember the insanely grindy game that RO used to be, and lets be honest, IT SUCKED. it was not and still is not fun to grind 8,000 kills to gain one level. thats largely what has made RO a game that people frequently quit and come back to again, before quitting again, myself included. i get that challenge is good, making parts of the game very hard to access is what gives people goals and keeps them interested. but we must draw the line somewhere. looking up from the bottom of a mountain you have to climb without a harness or gloves does not inspire joy, it inspires dread.

TL;DR, the overly grindy parts of the game suck. always have, always will. but we could make them suck less.

Edited by cju711, 17 July 2015 - 12:35 PM.

#2 Sladeero

Sladeero

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 328 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 19 July 2015 - 07:07 PM

You must have missed Jumping Janeway. Folks were maxing out characters pretty quickly using that mechanism.

There are other ways to increase Exp gains but as you said it costs $$$ such as BMX3. There are Bulletin Boards, Spotlighted areas, Grandpa Turn-Ins (TI) and other things you can use. There are threads in this forum where folks have asked "where" and "when" to level for specific classes.

Get a party of folks and enjoy the camaraderie when grinding. If you want to be max level yesterday...well it just won't happen.

Be careful when asking for a server wide increase for Exp. More than likely, that just means the amount for each level would go up too.

A game that takes forever to level...go play FLYFF, RO has many more options, folks just need to utilize them.

Just $0.02.

Edited by Sladeero, 19 July 2015 - 07:10 PM.

#3 cju711

cju711

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 214 posts

Posted 19 July 2015 - 08:12 PM

you obviously didn't read my post but thanks for your 2 hay pennies 

#4 Joatmon

Joatmon

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1303 posts

Posted 19 July 2015 - 09:05 PM

You must have missed Jumping Janeway. Folks were maxing out characters pretty quickly using that mechanism.

There are other ways to increase Exp gains but as you said it costs $$$ such as BMX3. There are Bulletin Boards, Spotlighted areas, Grandpa Turn-Ins (TI) and other things you can use. There are threads in this forum where folks have asked "where" and "when" to level for specific classes.

Get a party of folks and enjoy the camaraderie when grinding. If you want to be max level yesterday...well it just won't happen.

Be careful when asking for a server wide increase for Exp. More than likely, that just means the amount for each level would go up too.

A game that takes forever to level...go play FLYFF, RO has many more options, folks just need to utilize them.

Just $0.02.

Ha

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Many more options.

Try leveling at 150, you have THREE OPTIONS

THAT'S BULL-_-

#5 DeadIntern

DeadIntern

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1725 posts
  • Server:Renewal - Chaos

Posted 19 July 2015 - 10:47 PM

Ha

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Many more options.

Try leveling at 150, you have THREE OPTIONS

THAT'S BULL-_-

The idea of leveling past 150, if I remembered correctly, was to do so from running instances. It's not meant to be done a la grindfest (like what's happening now with bio bounties). So if you guys can take it chill, it's actually not as restricted as most of you guys seem to feel.

There're various instances that will give you a good run for both your money and exp. Old Glast Heim and Faceworm Nest for instance. The profit you get from each of those run can easily return you 1 BMX3 so you can pop it when you're killing the MVPs.

#6 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

Disney Prince in Disguise

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia
  • Server:Chaos, on hiatus

Posted 19 July 2015 - 11:03 PM

hahaha, leveling past 150? is that a myth?

#7 Joatmon

Joatmon

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1303 posts

Posted 20 July 2015 - 11:05 AM

Okay so I spend hundreds of dollars worth of zeny just to play the instances and kill the MvPs, because ain't no way I can find a party for half those instances without waiting days, so I'd have to solo with gear that cost literally hundreds of dollars worth of in game currency.

Do you understand the significance of bull-_- to the hundreth power?

#8 onlyinca

onlyinca

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 63 posts
  • Server:Chos. Loki

Posted 20 July 2015 - 08:14 PM

@fuyukikum, what do you mean myth?

Edited by onlyinca, 20 July 2015 - 08:19 PM.

#9 onlyinca

onlyinca

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 63 posts
  • Server:Chos. Loki

Posted 20 July 2015 - 08:14 PM

Play classic and if u talk to the right people u can have a 99 tran in a week or so

If ur doing renewal, u just grind ti all the time with bm and reset stones. It will take time to 150 ur char, but being presistence with grinding u will get there. After 150 it's bio, but hopefully the class u have is the ones that get invites. Too me it feels like a never ending grind fest until u reach ur lvl

Edited by onlyinca, 20 July 2015 - 08:17 PM.

#10 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

Disney Prince in Disguise

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia
  • Server:Chaos, on hiatus

Posted 21 July 2015 - 04:46 AM

@fuyukikum, what do you mean myth?

coz the GM 'forced' us to do one kind of leveling method to 175 which is bio4. where other leveling method treated like a stepchild and cant compete with bio4 since the leveling system is not improved.
i have 4 175 chars, 3 of them done in bio4, 1 of them endured grindy solo leveling in luina guild dungeon, nightmare glast heim and nightmare clock tower.

Edited by fuyukikun, 21 July 2015 - 04:49 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users