14.3 Testing Station - Page 11 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * * 3 votes

14.3 Testing Station

• Please log in to reply
285 replies to this topic

#251 Hissis

Hissis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3901 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 08 August 2015 - 11:43 AM

thanks for the info guys,a lot of cool things comming next year (i hope)

#252 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

Disney Prince in Disguise

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos, on hiatus

Posted 08 August 2015 - 09:10 PM

a lot of cool things comming next year (i hope)

I'M COMMING!!!!!!

#253 schia

schia

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1356 posts

Posted 09 August 2015 - 10:01 AM

i haven't kept up with the 14.3 update.  Is this still being tested on sakray?  I'm hoping they're taking QC much more seriously for this update than compared to the last.

#254 Varmundt

Varmundt

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 506 posts

Posted 09 August 2015 - 02:14 PM

cumming!!

#255 Darksorrow1234

Darksorrow1234

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2996 posts
  • Server:Chaosss

Posted 09 August 2015 - 05:57 PM

its got reflect? nuuuuuu 

#256 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 09 August 2015 - 06:10 PM

its got reflect? nuuuuuu 

i'd say its a side effect of a gear used by the gx, or even a buff she uses. At any moment i saw morroc with the yellow circular aura of shield reflect, it is just constantly reflecting damage since the very begining. Also even shield reflect lvl1 would reflect more damage( 13%), she's being hit by like 5~8% of her damage.
Can be just a special thing of him, who knows

Edited by Ashuckel, 09 August 2015 - 06:12 PM.

#257 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 09 August 2015 - 06:26 PM

Nope people completed the instances with the sub par gears already so you are factually wrong. Only certain classes were playable to this end, however. For example, gene was unplayable because no cannon balls or acid bombs. Warlock was unplayable because no phen. Etc. Those are "essential" items. The ones you talk about are nicities that make it easier, rather than make or break testing ability altogether.

I don't think you realize when you request stuff you create hours of work for campitor or whoever is developing. You shouldn't overburden him with requests that are more personal in nature and outside the scope of why sakray is set up. Its up to check 14.3 for bugs with npcs, translation issues, inability to set quest flags, new items not functioning at all, or whatever. Not a playground for you to test builds. If campitor has time to add a few things he will, but don't masquerade your optimal build testing items as "essential" for testing 14.3.

That is all I am suggesting.

I think it is important that a test server reflects real scenarios. People weren't just gonna rock into one of these things with a Muffler [1]. I think the test server is improving but it still has a ways to go. While a huge side effect of making an efficient testing server is making it liable to test things out of scope; the fact is it is still a more reliable testing server.

It was proven you could take on ET with Eden gears. Doesn't change the fact that 99% of the time it ain't done in said gears. I think Sakray needs to make things available, as it isn't just testing dungeons, but items as well. It is a better measure to compare an items effectiveness and usefulness when directly compared to something used (even if it is a current meta item).

And yes, Campitor is using many hours to add and fix things on Sakray. But considering the current number on the update versus what was available on it; you can tell that it hasn't really been touched in a LONG LONG LONGGG time.

Hopefully by the next testing stage, he would have compacted the server (i.e. find how to change the start position and use a smaller map), shortlisted the items to a list that can be added upon and provide a testing environment that would be ready to use from the get go in a method that reflects the actual game.

#258 Darksorrow1234

Darksorrow1234

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2996 posts
  • Server:Chaosss

Posted 09 August 2015 - 06:42 PM

is there any new gears related to Temple of Demon god? i've browsed Tukki's blog and what are these Dark Lord essences for? to enchant what equipment? sorry im a bit confused about this lol

#259 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 09 August 2015 - 07:11 PM

They are a special kind of "enchant" that actually takes card slots, they can be put in absolutely ANY card slot, from headgear to accessories. They are related to the 6 stats of the game, and 3 power lvls, like Dark Lord Dexterity1 or 2 or 3. They give a bonus to said stat, and remove another stat that it's "oposite" to one. Bonus are 1, 2 and 4 to said stat, decreased value to another is the same, and then they also give another bonus on another thing, like Flee, or Crit, or Atk, Mdef, etc.

#260 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 09 August 2015 - 07:42 PM

I think it is important that a test server reflects real scenarios. People weren't just gonna rock into one of these things with a Muffler [1]. I think the test server is improving but it still has a ways to go. While a huge side effect of making an efficient testing server is making it liable to test things out of scope; the fact is it is still a more reliable testing server.

It was proven you could take on ET with Eden gears. Doesn't change the fact that 99% of the time it ain't done in said gears. I think Sakray needs to make things available, as it isn't just testing dungeons, but items as well. It is a better measure to compare an items effectiveness and usefulness when directly compared to something used (even if it is a current meta item).

And yes, Campitor is using many hours to add and fix things on Sakray. But considering the current number on the update versus what was available on it; you can tell that it hasn't really been touched in a LONG LONG LONGGG time.

Hopefully by the next testing stage, he would have compacted the server (i.e. find how to change the start position and use a smaller map), shortlisted the items to a list that can be added upon and provide a testing environment that would be ready to use from the get go in a method that reflects the actual game.

If you did ET with eden gears and you finished it, would you have not caught any bugs with the instance itself  that somehow you would have caught if you were using optimal gears (clearing floors, spawns, mvps spawning, flags being set, 'scenes' triggering on 100th floor for example, item trade npc working on final room, being able to book and destroy instance)? Nuuuupe. You'd experience the same bugs either way. Boom, just wrecked your position.

#261 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 09 August 2015 - 08:02 PM

If you did ET with eden gears and you finished it, would you have not caught any bugs with the instance itself  that somehow you would have caught if you were using optimal gears (clearing floors, spawns, mvps spawning, flags being set, 'scenes' triggering on 100th floor for example, item trade npc working on final room, being able to book and destroy instance)? Nuuuupe. You'd experience the same bugs either way. Boom, just wrecked your position.

Testing doesn't just limit to bugs. Boom, your turn playa

#262 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 09 August 2015 - 08:05 PM

A thing isn't always a thing but is sometimes a thing.

We can pretend I made a logical argument just like you did.

#263 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 09 August 2015 - 08:15 PM

"You might not have noticed it — but your brain did."

#264 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 09 August 2015 - 08:39 PM

ZzZ

#265 ShinobiEX3

ShinobiEX3

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6862 posts
  • LocationForest

Posted 09 August 2015 - 09:55 PM

I'M COMMING!!!!!!

GO HOME ROGER!!

#266 gorgoroth1

gorgoroth1

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 927 posts
  • Server:Chaos04Nov13Thor27Apr15

Posted 09 August 2015 - 10:00 PM

I'M COMMING!!!!!!

lol nothing is near orgasmic with new item coming in but we still have to vend it below 100m or opening few alt to afk at eden ><

Btw how to bypass sakray updater? "C:\Program Files\XXXXX\Sakexe.exe" -1sak1 ? try it and it's login with 13-15 ppl on it...no npc at pron center ><

Nvm, npc location as per 1st page, but no portal tho.

Edited by gorgoroth1, 09 August 2015 - 10:47 PM.

#267 WolfTri

WolfTri

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2041 posts
  • LocationWinterfell

Posted 09 August 2015 - 11:58 PM

Okay so the list of what I think are bugs from my 5-ish runs of Temple of Demon God:
1) Sometimes 2 Brinaraneas spawn, the second disappears when you get one of them down to 75% hp.

2) After Brinaranea and Muspellskoll, Morroc sometimes refuses to speak (if the party leader isn't the first to enter the room, from what I can gather)

3)​ Most importantly, none of the monsters or MVPs drop anything at all, nor are any items rewarded to us for completing the instance. I believe the final MVP is supposed to give us a Squad Prize, a consumable which gives one Essence (and another consumable like Yggdrasil Berry/Seed, etc) when opened.

#268 WolfTri

WolfTri

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2041 posts
  • LocationWinterfell

Posted 10 August 2015 - 12:07 AM

You'd experience the same bugs assuming everyone who would finish with maxed out gears can also finish it with eden gear, or wants to go through the trouble of doing so.

For example, had the new gears not been added, I sure as hell wouldn't have even tried to finish all the instances. All the bugs I wrote down above haven't been reported before, so they'd have gone unnoticed. I'm sure this applies to many others as well.

And as for you saying that someone has already finished the instances with those earlier gears, I haven't heard of anyone completing Temple of the Demon God until like 4 days ago. Imo, they'd be close to impossible to beat with those equipment, and you'll need a lot of party members. Far from optimal.

Edited by WolfTri, 10 August 2015 - 02:01 AM.

#269 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts

Posted 10 August 2015 - 02:10 AM

Gears are of great significance when it comes to any testing however this discussion is best suited to be put somewhere else, so please let's keep this thread for reporting 14.3 update and Sakray issues.

#270 gorgoroth1

gorgoroth1

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 927 posts

Posted 10 August 2015 - 02:37 AM

Planning to venture sakray with mado but no npc for the suit, would be nice if adding Giant Faceworm Snake Skin [1] + lux anima rune stone too.

#271 WolfTri

WolfTri

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2041 posts
  • LocationWinterfell

Posted 10 August 2015 - 02:43 AM

I considered the Giant Faceworm SnakeSkin, but the problem is that they need to be enchanted to be worth using, and even on Chaos there isn't an NPC to enchant them. Thus making them available and enchantable would entail a lot of work, so I skipped that on my list.

#272 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

10,000 posts and not even a Tiki-Shirt.

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 10 August 2015 - 07:39 AM

i haven't kept up with the 14.3 update.  Is this still being tested on sakray?  I'm hoping they're taking QC much more seriously for this update than compared to the last.

14.3 Testing Heats Up we will be adding a long list of requested gears and NPC to sakray. Update will be live on Chaos/Thor on 8/12

#273 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 10 August 2015 - 07:42 AM

Too soon IMO.

They haven't addressed a single reported issue to my knowledge.

#274 gorgoroth1

gorgoroth1

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 927 posts

Posted 10 August 2015 - 08:00 AM

I considered the Giant Faceworm SnakeSkin, but the problem is that they need to be enchanted to be worth using, and even on Chaos there isn't an NPC to enchant them. Thus making them available and enchantable would entail a lot of work, so I skipped that on my list.

Yeah good point, hopefully they could put at least GFSS [1] with special int/str/dex/vit/luk/agi on next testing session. Atm where do i enchant FAW? lol wanna try Temple of Gods later.

#275 schia

schia

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1356 posts

Posted 10 August 2015 - 10:14 AM

14.3 Testing Heats Up we will be adding a long list of requested gears and NPC to sakray. Update will be live on Chaos/Thor on 8/12

think the update needs to age in the cellar for at least another week or two.  Its only been aged for 2ish years, that is hardly enough aging time to be considered classy.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users