14.3 Testing Station - Page 5 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * * 3 votes

14.3 Testing Station

• Please log in to reply
285 replies to this topic

#101 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 26 July 2015 - 01:49 PM

how did you even look for a bxb

#102 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 26 July 2015 - 02:05 PM

I figured a vendor would sell it, I figured it was a testing server so pretty much EVERYTHING should be available to use and test.

#103 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 26 July 2015 - 02:09 PM

I think they have to add it all one by one manually so making EVERYTHING available may be a bit much to ask, but a short-list of items that pretty much shape our current meta (FAW, bxb, etc) should be done.

#104 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 26 July 2015 - 02:13 PM

I think they have to add it all one by one manually so making EVERYTHING available may be a bit much to ask, but a short-list of items that pretty much shape our current meta (FAW, bxb, etc) should be done.

Yeah I agree, but a more important thing as well is to fix the refining and add all if not most cards as well.

Whats the point of testing with a BxB if I can only +4 it @_@

#105 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 26 July 2015 - 02:35 PM

Turtle general and archer skel card is all they really need to put lol

Sakray isn't for testing your build, its for finding bugs with the instances or new items.

That said, they need to arm us well enough to tackle instances designed for high lvl players :p_swt: So commonly used items to keep characters viable like BxB should be available.

#106 Ramen

Ramen

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1990 posts
  • LocationEientei

Posted 26 July 2015 - 02:58 PM

Sorry, but I've been away for a while.  What all is coming in the 14.3 update?  Last I was active we had just finished getting WoE TE.  What all has changed since then?

#107 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 26 July 2015 - 03:36 PM

Turtle general and archer skel card is all they really need to put lol

Sakray isn't for testing your build, its for finding bugs with the instances or new items.

That said, they need to arm us well enough to tackle instances designed for high lvl players :p_swt: So commonly used items to keep characters viable like BxB should be available.

I know it is specifically for testing new instances/items and finding bugs. But the testing builds should be a part of it.

Sakray in general is a test server, why not at build testing to the mix? Being able to find out how broken a build is could be a really cool addition of Sakray testing.

But with that said, even without specifically testing builds... they should make most items available in the first place, seeing as testing new instances should really be something done with gears that most people use to do current instances :D

#108 Talvis

Talvis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1985 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in the Midwest
  • Server:Renewal Chaos

Posted 26 July 2015 - 05:06 PM

I know it is specifically for testing new instances/items and finding bugs. But the testing builds should be a part of it.

Sakray in general is a test server, why not at build testing to the mix? Being able to find out how broken a build is could be a really cool addition of Sakray testing.

But with that said, even without specifically testing builds... they should make most items available in the first place, seeing as testing new instances should really be something done with gears that most people use to do current instances :D

Sakray is meant to test new updates and not your own personal playground.  That being said, hopefully they add some more items though, especially mounts.

#109 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 26 July 2015 - 05:15 PM

Sakray is meant to test new updates and not your own personal playground.  That being said, hopefully they add some more items though, especially mounts.

But to truly test content for a server, should it not have the ability to cater to this? Most testing stations will either offer a complete BETA of the world with increased rates to allow for quick progression to test new content or just offer stuff straight up so that players can jump and test stuff out.

For example, one of the new items is a bow. Is it just so simple as comparing a +0 version of that bow to a +0 version of a BxB if it is eventually offered. Don't you wanna see an actual comparison to a character you own? And then make one of the new items to roughly the same upgrade and cards and see if it is better or worse?

Is gearing up on purely new items only supposed to suffice as good or great means as a player going full throttle in a new instance to test for bugs and difficulty?

I am merely pointing out that part of testing new things is making sure existing stuff is available to really stress test something. Testing builds is just something that should almost be right on par with what should be offered to test the new content in the first place xD

I mean if someone could outright explain the harm in doing this I would completely drop it, but no one really has xD

#110 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

10,000 posts and not even a Tiki-Shirt.

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 26 July 2015 - 05:18 PM

Sorry, but I've been away for a while.  What all is coming in the 14.3 update?  Last I was active we had just finished getting WoE TE.  What all has changed since then?

lol ramen sighting. we were just talking about the GLG on forums a few days ago.

#111 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 26 July 2015 - 07:42 PM

But to truly test content for a server, should it not have the ability to cater to this? Most testing stations will either offer a complete BETA of the world with increased rates to allow for quick progression to test new content or just offer stuff straight up so that players can jump and test stuff out.

For example, one of the new items is a bow. Is it just so simple as comparing a +0 version of that bow to a +0 version of a BxB if it is eventually offered. Don't you wanna see an actual comparison to a character you own? And then make one of the new items to roughly the same upgrade and cards and see if it is better or worse?

Is gearing up on purely new items only supposed to suffice as good or great means as a player going full throttle in a new instance to test for bugs and difficulty?

I am merely pointing out that part of testing new things is making sure existing stuff is available to really stress test something. Testing builds is just something that should almost be right on par with what should be offered to test the new content in the first place xD

I mean if someone could outright explain the harm in doing this I would completely drop it, but no one really has xD

If they opened Sakray up all the time to let players test builds, they wouldn't make nearly enough money off Neuralizers and such.

#112 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 26 July 2015 - 07:44 PM

Can't argue with that, very sad though :( seeing as Sakray as it stands is a pretty bad testing zone @_@

Edited by Nirvanna21, 26 July 2015 - 07:45 PM.

#113 4782131221082418730

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2370 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 26 July 2015 - 07:45 PM

Private server?

#114 Varmundt

Varmundt

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 506 posts

Posted 26 July 2015 - 07:55 PM

I can't test the new intances because there's no npc that sells equipments and healing items.

#115 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 26 July 2015 - 08:01 PM

Equipment is above from where you start bottom left of mid prontera, but it is a poor selection

Edited by Nirvanna21, 26 July 2015 - 08:01 PM.

#116 KirinKishi808

KirinKishi808

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 984 posts
  • LocationThe Silver State Union
  • Server:Chaos / Sakray

Posted 26 July 2015 - 09:29 PM

Private server?

My equation goes like this;

Sakray = a private server inside an official server = build testing heaven for poor players = you can do and be whatever the f##k you want :mwahaha:

#117 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 27 July 2015 - 05:25 AM

where do we report the errors with the instances? cause people have found a few.

#118 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 27 July 2015 - 09:07 AM

where do we report the errors with the instances? cause people have found a few.

Report them here.

Still waiting on an update from kRO. >.<

#119 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 27 July 2015 - 09:18 AM

I wasn't sure since no ody seemed to be gathering reports anywhere.

Nightmarish jitterbug:
* Igu's mic does the set effect without the set
* Igu's name is in all caps in all npc dialogue. Is this supposed to be like this? Looks kinda dumb
* Shalosh's gender swaps from male to female in dialogue. this confused me at first because the sprite and portraitis a girl and i was trying to figure out if its a plot point this person is a cross dresser or gender ambiguous and then when nwoz meets her he asks who the girl is, and thereafter everyone refers to her as female.
* some of the dialogue isnt said out loud in the npc scenes, so people who. Arent the party leader miss a few lines of dialogue and its confusing.

#120 meli

meli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2688 posts

Posted 27 July 2015 - 09:22 AM

People could already be testing properly on a non-vip account if you put in the gears people suggested, don't have to wait another month for kro :sigh:

#121 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 27 July 2015 - 09:26 AM

That's what we've been doing..yeah.

#122 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 27 July 2015 - 09:27 AM

Going to fix the refiner NPC today.

#123 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 27 July 2015 - 09:38 AM

Going to fix the refiner NPC today.

Can you shove in some items that will make completing instances easier? Like archer skel card, turtle general card, and the god items? Then people can just deck out in those generically useful gears and do well.

#124 KriticalAssassin

KriticalAssassin

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9322 posts
  • LocationBehind you?
  • Server:Chaos- Renewal

Posted 27 July 2015 - 09:43 AM

Having an npc to get dragon from for a db rk would be pretty nice, and phen cards and a TON of other items, or an npc that just gives us an item that we input the item id for.

#125 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 27 July 2015 - 09:52 AM

an npc that just gives us an item that we input the item id for.

Wow if they could make that, it would be the end all npc for sakray..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users