proposal to make some instance dungeons returnable.. - Proposals and Suggestions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

proposal to make some instance dungeons returnable..

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 StephenCarl

StephenCarl

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 233 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos / Thor

Posted 17 July 2015 - 09:07 PM

screenThor324_zpsgpbveovb.jpg

isn't it frustrating when you experience it during an instance?  :p_err: :wall:  and you can't even return / re-spawn to that same location.. 

#2 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 17 July 2015 - 10:59 PM

Yep, it is annoying!

#3 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

Disney Prince in Disguise

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia
  • Server:Chaos, on hiatus

Posted 18 July 2015 - 12:50 AM

yes yes yes

#4 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

10,000 posts and not even a Tiki-Shirt.

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 18 July 2015 - 04:07 AM

honestly i'm not sure what's so abusable about re-entering OGH anyway, any alts you bring along will have needed to be present for the boss kills in order to redeem the coag/crystals from npc.

#5 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 18 July 2015 - 11:56 AM

honestly i'm not sure what's so abusable about re-entering OGH anyway, any alts you bring along will have needed to be present for the boss kills in order to redeem the coag/crystals from npc.

Not just present, not just within screen view of an MVP, but also must alive.

#6 DeadIntern

DeadIntern

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1725 posts
  • Server:Renewal - Chaos

Posted 19 July 2015 - 10:40 PM

Agreed..

#7 StephenCarl

StephenCarl

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 233 posts

Posted 22 July 2015 - 05:37 AM

internet connection here in the philippines is as slow as ever.. that's why having instance dungeons returnable is a big relief for us.. ISPs here are so unreliable when it comes to a smooth connection.. they only care about is the bills we pay not the service they give... so please please please make this happen... 

#8 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 22 July 2015 - 05:46 AM

well Oda said on the tiki tues stream that he doesn't want to make OGH re-enterable because of abuse possibility. i have no idea how it can be abused but whatever; you guys can ask him again next week i suppose.

OGH != ET

#9 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 22 July 2015 - 03:22 PM

well Oda said on the tiki tues stream that he doesn't want to make OGH re-enterable because of abuse possibility. i have no idea how it can be abused but whatever; you guys can ask him again next week i suppose.

OGH != ET

OGH is definately not abusable.

At the same time, I like the constraints that make you not want to die, but DC is a pain, it is a shame you couldn't verify what the cause is.

#10 mikayel

mikayel

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 796 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 22 July 2015 - 03:41 PM

There's a lot of NPC scripting in OGH, it's possible you could do something like farm a bunch of coag spells from retriggering events?

I have already noticed that with everything going normally, you can re-trigger certain events over and over (like respawning undead commanders.)

#11 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 22 July 2015 - 03:55 PM

There's a lot of NPC scripting in OGH, it's possible you could do something like farm a bunch of coag spells from retriggering events?

I have already noticed that with everything going normally, you can re-trigger certain events over and over (like respawning undead commanders.)

Commanders sure, but there are only 2 events that give coags from the main event and 7 from the treasure room.

I can't see any of these being abusable.

#12 mikayel

mikayel

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 796 posts

Posted 22 July 2015 - 04:19 PM

I know nothing about the programming of the game, but then ET turned out to be abuseable as did certain NPCs like the Quest one. 

Basically, I see no reason to doubt the GM when they say "we can't cuz it'll be abuseable". 

The other factor could be that perhaps you can respawn MVPs via some glitch and farm OCA/XP/stuff off them? I know if root is respawnable that you can basically just kill him over and over for easy xp. I mean, heck, people managed to glitch into the rogue job change quest to farm abysmal knights at some point. I don't doubt things are... doable. 

#13 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 22 July 2015 - 05:20 PM

OGH is definately not abusable.

At the same time, I like the constraints that make you not want to die, but DC is a pain, it is a shame you couldn't verify what the cause is.

i wasn't around for the live stream verify it; feel free to chase him next time.

#14 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 22 July 2015 - 05:34 PM

i wasn't around for the live stream verify it; feel free to chase him next time.

I was, he believes it his abusable so maybe they know something we don't?

#15 6773131031232342973

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1484 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Violet
  • Server:Best ragnarok

Posted 22 July 2015 - 08:32 PM

yes

Spoiler

#16 StephenCarl

StephenCarl

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 233 posts

Posted 22 July 2015 - 08:49 PM

By returnable, i mean continuing where i last left off before i got disconnected.. so if for example im on the amdarais part, then i should be able to get past thos 1st map without killing root of corruption again.. i think its not abusable if it goes like that

#17 hotel

hotel

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1571 posts
  • Playing:Pogo's Lounge
  • Server:shock town

Posted 22 July 2015 - 09:05 PM

well ET didn't seem to be abusable either but people still found a way to do it. here's hoping OGH doesn't go down the same track if they change it to let you back in

#18 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 23 July 2015 - 05:18 AM

I know nothing about the programming of the game, but then ET turned out to be abuseable as did certain NPCs like the Quest one. 

Basically, I see no reason to doubt the GM when they say "we can't cuz it'll be abuseable". 

The other factor could be that perhaps you can respawn MVPs via some glitch and farm OCA/XP/stuff off them? I know if root is respawnable that you can basically just kill him over and over for easy xp. I mean, heck, people managed to glitch into the rogue job change quest to farm abysmal knights at some point. I don't doubt things are... doable.

as far as farming coags is concerned, the best way to do so is to just gum after you kill amdarais and farm the constantly respawning arclouze piles to your heart's content. farming the far more difficult monster packs in the 2nd part and the commanders is nowhere near as efficient, unless you want that (pretty crappy) card set for whatever reason. I mean if you guys consider that abuse then it's already possible regardless of re-entry.

basically the only thing that might be abusable about this instance is the mvps. if the mvps could be respawned then that's a big issue obviously. however it's not like the instance closes to new party members at any point so I don't see how they can be respawned since the npcs change after the fight is over. new people can enter the instance whenever; they won't be able to collect the coag and crystal from the npc unless they were alive and present for the mvp kill.

just trying to advocate for a better gaming experience for others; I've never d/c'd in OGH and don't connect from overseas so whether a change is made or not wouldn't affect me either way.

#19 mikayel

mikayel

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 796 posts

Posted 23 July 2015 - 07:39 AM

As I said, I don't know how it works on their end -- my guess is we aren't being lied to when they say 'it is abuseable.'

While fixes and updates are often late, the iRO/warpportal team isn't exactly stingy with giving the players 'what they want' considering how often xp-giving or refine-giving events are held at user requests. 

#20 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 23 July 2015 - 08:14 AM

I think you're giving them a bit too much credit as far as understanding instance and other gameplay mechanics are concerned.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users